[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>failed high school >go to college anyway >parents spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14
File: pepeatcomputer.jpg (18 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
pepeatcomputer.jpg
18 KB, 306x306
>failed high school
>go to college anyway
>parents spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for me to get in
>fail college
>parents refuse to communicate with me until I get a job and pay off their debt.
>move in to a very low rent apartment which i still have no money for
>all jobs I can get are minimum wage jobs
>gonna get evicted in one week
>gotta repay my own college debt, rent debt, electrical bill, etc
>tfw the moment I failed high school was the moment I suffered for the rest of my life.

All I have is my cheap 200 u.s.d laptop, some comic books, and my steam account. My addiction to these things have ruined my life. I really need some advice on where to go from here. People say that America is a land of opportunity but I am lost. I need serious help. I would really appreciate some advice on where to go from here besides suicide.
>>
You can always try to b urself :^)
>>
>hundreds of thousands of dollars
>>
Have you even tried suicide tho m8?
>>
>>25011748
ok not literally. Maybe about 250k + SAT prep costs
>>25011795
There has to be better ways out.. right?
>>
work for some time put money on ETF
>>
>>25011658
All you gotta do is suck a million cocks for a dollar each
>>
>>25011658
Where to go from here? How about the streets poorfag?
>>
File: 1409317039454.jpg (76 KB, 393x315) Image search: [Google]
1409317039454.jpg
76 KB, 393x315
>>25011814
are you fucking retarded?

why would anyone do this to themself?

christ, go to CC for 2 years then go to an affordable state school..
>>
Turn to crime.
Seriously, some people have no marketable skills, you should sling dope.
>>
>>25011658
Options
1. Declare bankruptcy and try to discharge your debts as "undue hardship." You don't automatically get school debt discharged, but you can request to have it dismissed and the judge may grant it. Research it and talk to a lawyer.

2. Take a Greyhound to Alaska or somewhere remote where there are decent jobs because no one wants to live out in Bumfuck Nowhere. You could research that as well.

3. Get a degree from a unaccredited diploma mill and bullshit your way into some bullshit white collar job.
>>
Honestly suicide seems like a viable option.
>>
File: opmOK.webm (179 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
opmOK.webm
179 KB, 1280x720
>>25011658
>fails highschool
>goes to college
ok
>>
>actually paying hundreds of thousands of dollars
top fucking cuck. the most I've paid to get into university is $3,241 including lab fees, parking permits, and these last two classes. college is a fucking meme unless you're gonna be a doctor, teacher, lawyer, or some other prestigious job. stay the fuck away if you possibly can.

anyway, since you're in this predicament, here is how to get out: find a roommate first of all if that's even piossible for the eviction right? second of all work your minimum wage job for a bout a year, guaranteed raise if you aren't retarded.

third of all, save money and pay off the immediate debts (eviction shit), then continue to save cashmoney to slowly trickle into your mommy's wallet or whatever.

lastly, fuck bitches get money
>>
Become a nigger and steal old ladies' purses at night or something. Start small and work your way up and maybe you become a top tier criminal doing heists and shit. You have nothing to lose. Worst case scenario you get shot and killed. Still better than suicide.
>>
>>25011814
>250k
lmao tell them to fuck off, they're clearly retarded if they sank that much capital into a flunkie. seriously what was their expected ROI? baka desu
>>
>>25011658
How the fuck did you fail high school? It's literally designed for retards.
>>
I'm in a similar predicament. Did poorly in high school and have completely fallen apart in college. I'm about to fail out. My only options are homelessness and suicide.

>parents refuse to communicate with me until I get a job and pay off their debt.
If this is the only consequence of not paying, then ditch them. My debt is in the form of student loans, so it won't be that easy to deal with.
>>
>be eurofag
my masters degree at uni cost me 800$ and it would cost me 300$ but I failed one uni and started to study same shit at another one. topkek
>feelsgudman
Now I have a high paying job, literally could repay my uni education from one week paycheck. kek
>>
Thanks for the advice guys

The reason my parents spend so much time hope and money on me is because without college, you cant do anything decent in life, Which is true. Guess I wasn't cut out for decent life.
>>
>>25012422
Not everyone is, myself included. could your parents come down on you in any way to compel you into paying it back.
>>
>>25011658
>Failed highschool

See you deserve hardship for that. It's literally skewed so idiots can pass it.
>>
>>25012457
They are giving me as much time as I need, which is strange considering I failed their expectations twice already. I'm guaranteed to fail again since I am in huge debt and in a minimum wage job.

The reason I started failing high school was because I was very addicted to video games, comic books, etc. I procrastinated a lot, and never did the homework, therefore failed the tests.

I'm still addicted to that shit, and I wanna know if there are methods to stop it.
>>
>>25011658
The fire rises.
Original concerns desu.
>>
>>25011814
How did you get accepted into anything BUT a community college where tuition is only 25k MAX.??
And if your parents paid for it, it isn't your debt it's theirs. Live your own life like you are now, you don't need them.
>>
Trying to sell drugs or sla just do not kill yourself is tense
>>
>>25011814
was it a private college?
>>
>>25012671
My parents told me that community college is a load of horseshit and that they trust me to start my life over in a good college.

I feel like shit right now. I complained that addiction hurt me in high school, but it carried on to college.

It was a private college, that price is generally cheap for one. How I got accepted, no clue, don't know that stuff.

Also, I feel responsible for their debt, and I do wanna help them pay it off.
>>
>>25012534
Delete your games and burn your comics
Set yourself free
>>
>>25012742
yeah said that in
>>25012794

>
>>
File: smugpepe2.jpg (52 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
smugpepe2.jpg
52 KB, 499x499
>mfw in the same boat as OP
>mfw I cut contact with my family
>mfw accepted my life as a failure
>mfw life is a lot easier now when you don't have any expectations for yourself
>>
>>25012877
Holy shit dude there has got to be a way out of this boat.

I'm literally getting evicted in about a week (right before Christmas wtf.) and I'm scared and in major debt.
>>
>>25012877
How do you dot? My failure has only brought me to desire very specific forms of success even more. Because I've never made it in an academic setting, I want nothing more in life than a degree from a fancy school. Thinking about it keeps me up at night.
>>
File: suicidal_memeing.jpg (141 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
suicidal_memeing.jpg
141 KB, 803x688
>>25012963

There isn't. I'm not memeing right now, try to mentally prepare yourself to be suicidal then pic related.
>>
>>25013029
*do it

I can't even type right. My every typo depresses me.
>>
I think all you have to do is be yourself bro
>>
>>25011658
>>failed high school
how?
>>
File: fIwStLw.jpg (117 KB, 1177x1560) Image search: [Google]
fIwStLw.jpg
117 KB, 1177x1560
>>25013029
>>25012963

I just accepted it senpai ( Though I accepted it before I could do anything as stupid as accepting debt) I wasn't born talented, intelligent, or anywhere in between. I was born a half-retarded social reject with a penchant for frogposting.

I still feel a sense of inferiority but, I just block it out now. Drugs help
>>
File: 1448097052680.jpg (25 KB, 600x378) Image search: [Google]
1448097052680.jpg
25 KB, 600x378
>>25013046
This anon speaks the truth m8.
pic related
>>
>>25011658
Ask them what did they do to ensure you would succed
seriously, if all they did was throw money at you and hope you would live up to their expectations they are just at fault as you are
>>
>>25013046
>>25013280
Holy shit....I think I am gonna cry if this is truly my only option
>>25013235
read
>>25012534
>>
>>25013279
It's tough when seeing the people you know achieve ridiculous levels of success. More than anything I want to exceed my capabilities, and it's tearing me apart.
>>
>>25013455
How do they do it? How do they cut themselves off from the ridiculous amounts of procrastination material there is?
>>
I'm sorry for your situation.
I'm on NEETbux but it took a long time to get.
You need to find a way to come up with your rent at the very least.
>>
File: concernedblindsamurai.png (67 KB, 271x454) Image search: [Google]
concernedblindsamurai.png
67 KB, 271x454
>>25011658
What about comiting sepuku while facing the sunset?
>>
>>25013472
Tjere's more to ot tjan procrastination. These people (high school friends, college friends, and relatives) are much better than me in every way. I'm not capable of being functional member is society, and they're doing great things. It just makes me hate myself even more.
>>
>>25011658
My life would have gone to shit exactly like yours except my parents pushed me way harder than yours and I hate them for it. But without that I think I'd have been still stuck in the basement forever...
>>
>>25012963
get a loan to pay the rent
>>
>>25013665
I guess it has to do with connections too. I know that in high school, people with friends would copy each others homework. I however, had no friends, and therefore couldn't rely on anyone.
>>25013679
I didn't think that was a good idea considering the interest fee is gonna wreck me later, but I think this is my only choice. Thanks.
>>
>>25013771
If you screw up after getting a loan your only option will be suicide so ye. Last chance to not fuck up.
>>
>>25013484
What country you in, fellow NEETbux friendo?
>>
Don't be a bitch and just quit the procrastination material or treat it like a reward for good behavior. It's why I only drink on Saturdays, because I did all the shit I needed to during the week.
>>
>>25012794
>My parents told me that community college is a load of horseshit and that they trust me to start my life over in a good college.
Well your parents are fucking stupid, they're idiots. You're supposed to go to a cheap college, get a high GPA and degree, and TRANSFER to an ivy league or top college. If you aren't getting into a good college by scholarship you don't go at all.

Your parents misguided you, I literally spoke to an MIT graduate and he showed me that he didn't even get in initially and entered later on in life.
>>
>>25011658
Don't worry anon, I'm gonna get you through this.

Don't pay off any of those, it's not worth it, and you'll never be able to. Write a fake suicide note and put it in your apartment.google everything you can about survival and learn it. Sell that laptop and get whatever you can for it. Pack whatever you think you'll need (matches, clothes, weapons, string, duct tape, compass etc) and head south where you won't freeze during winter. Until you learn how to hunt you may need to steal the occasional wallet. So pick a wilderness area where you see a lot of wild game activity. Make sure it's near an urban area though so you have somewhere safe to sleep until you can build a good place in the woods. (Mine was made from duct tape). And from here do whatever the fuck you want. It's very freeing once you do
>>
>>25012794
>My parents told me that community college is a load of horseshit
lmao, yeah, your parents fucked up there. OP, take the other anon's advice and ditch out on them. Start a new life elsewhere and be happy. I'm so glad my country doesn't use student debt against me and it's only taken out of my salary when I earn over a certain amount per year. And if I never earn on that or over that threshold, I never have to pay it. Feelsgood.
>>
>>25014074
Wait, if you're in that circumstance how are you on the Internet?
>>
>>25013771
While connections are important, I was referring more to ability. I'm remarkably unintelligent and unmotivated. The limitations of my mind and body prevent me from attaining the success I desire. It's apparent to anyone that sees me, and is easy to discern, as you likely already have, from my writing style.
>>
File: 1445882963885.jpg (100 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
1445882963885.jpg
100 KB, 500x544
>high-school drop-out
>"fuck it ill go to college anyway. dont have to get a job for a while, then"
>get literally the best grades possible in college without even trying.
>other students do loads of homework, but i manage to get everything done during lectures and spend the rest of my time playing Warcraft 3
>win loads of awards, including student of the year, etc. got a load of cheap-ass trophies for being smart
>no other student has EVER gotten 100% on the course, but I did. I'm still the only person to this day to 100% that course
>think i am going to go on to become a millionaire
>realize how stressful high-paying jobs are
>decide to work in a shitty dead-end retail job and I am perfectly content with it
>mfw
Been there for a year now, and it is great. I'm shit at the job. I show up tired, high, and I half-ass the whole fucking lot. I basically turn up, do a whole lot of nothing, then go home and I still get told by my bosses that I am "on my way to becoming one of the best members of staff".

I don't know how I do it. My life is such a mixed bag.
>>
>>25014251
>realize how stressful high-paying jobs are
lol?
it's only stressful on your way up
>>
>>25014251
Feel like I'm on this path, tbqh. Getting great grades, doing shit all, but the thought of stressful high-paying careers just don't seem worth it.
>>
>>25014074
Sounds like that could work. Not for me tho
>>
>>25014398
>it's only stressful on your way up
Errrr. No. Unless you are seriously overqualified for your job like I am, you cannot just show up to your job and half-ass the lot of it.
I earn a FRACTION above minimum wage, but because (presumably) I am severely overqualified, they must assume I am some alpha chad who is going to become management material or something.

I'm honestly not too sure why they let me get away with so much. People who have been there for years, who do a much better job than me, get more flak for slacking than I do.

I'm either really charming (LOL!) or intimidating because I am tall, and because my college grades and achievements look good.

Maybe it's because they know if they fucked with me i would just snap them in half
>>
>>25012794
your parents are idiots
>>
File: vader-life-17.jpg (15 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
vader-life-17.jpg
15 KB, 500x335
>>25011658
Immolation.Seriously.
Apply to three minimum wage jobs (morning,afternoon,night) sleep in the street or in between travels,eat healthy, follow the guide on the bottom or something. If you really want to take your life back and pay for your sins, do it. Pay your parents,finish High school, and then, only then re evaluate your life, you can even decide to kill yourself if life isn't worth it for you. BUT DO NOT KILL YOURSELF BEFORE PAYING. You will be in hell/reincarnate into a chicken / or go to the Dante 's Inferno, or worse, you will never clear your name.

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/how-to-survive-being-homeless-2/

if you are not willing to do this, then you deserve it and you should fuck off and suffer like the miserable piece of shit you are.
>>
File: beeyourself.webm (526 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
beeyourself.webm
526 KB, 1920x1080
>>25011658
b urslf
>>
>parents throw away hundreds of thousands of dollars for the college meme when their son obviously shouldn't go

Make sure you never pay them back.
>>
File: 1445147401400.jpg (23 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1445147401400.jpg
23 KB, 400x600
>>25013280
>>25013572
>>25013046
These frog posters know what's up, become the hero you were always meant to be op, do it, become more than just a man, become a symbol, a legend, become...................an hero.
>>
>>25014645
>or go to the Dante 's Inferno
Nearly all those who commit suicide are condemned int that poem. They're turned into trees.
>>
File: oi goyim.png (79 KB, 225x210) Image search: [Google]
oi goyim.png
79 KB, 225x210
>>25014645
>YOU MUST PAY FOR YOUR LOANS THAT WERE SELFLESSLY GIVEN TO YOU BY THE KIND JEW BEFORE KILLING YOURSELF. FORGET FOR A MINUTE THAT YOU WERE FORCED INTO GETTING AN EXPENSIVE LOAN FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE FREE, AND THINK OF THE POOR MAN WHO WILL HAVE TO SETTLE FOR 23kt GOLD IN HIS PRIVATE JUMBO JET INSTEAD OF 24kt GOLD
oi vey!
>>
>>25013372
I feel for you. I imagine a lot of us are on that path myself included but I may be a little behind you. Good luck ;_;
>>
File: 1450210399881.jpg (126 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1450210399881.jpg
126 KB, 800x800
>>25014919
> FORGET FOR A MINUTE THAT YOU WERE FORCED INTO GETTING AN EXPENSIVE LOAN FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE FREE

He wasn't forced, he just didn't have the necessary insight to say "wait a moment, dad, mom, this may not be for me, let's talk it a little"

>EXPENSIVE LOAN FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE FREE
We are talking about real options here, no "what if 's" bullshit. Too late to complain about that.

Also, he asked for advice, I gave it to him, he must take it or leave it.
You should tell him to fuck off to >>>>/adv/ instead of making that awful, stupid statement.
>>
>>25011658
Don't be a whine ass

>get roommates or bunk hip with someone
>get a full time job and a weekend job
>save money by starvng
>>
>>25016155
>He wasn't forced to get an expensive loan, he just had no other viable choice
So basically he was forced, right? If you tell someone "hey mate you can either eat this shit or i will kill you" you cannot then say "BUT I DIDNT FORCE HIM TO EAT THE SHIT"

>We are talking about real options here, no "what if 's" bullshit. Too late to complain about that.
So your "real option" is to make sure he pays the jews their undeserved money?

Look, I ain't saying loans are bad. They aren't bad. It's a capitalist pig dog system where the rich get richer, but too bad, the world ain't perfect.

Where I have the problem is in your "advice" for him to pay back the banks before killing himself. Like he has some blood-bound pact of honor to repay his debts or summin.

I work in a bank. I have seen people have their homes taken away from them when they miss one payment too many. As soon as the homeowner passes their last payment date, that is it, the house is no longer his. I have seen people, as their home is being repossessed, offer the bank all outstanding payments, but they refuse. Why? Because they get to keep the house and bankrupt the guy.

There isn't any "honor" or some shit in the banking world. It's about making money. The banks are out to take YOUR money and get away with it, so if you can take THEIR money and get away with it (by committing suicide) then what's the big deal?
>>
>>25016550
The point of my advice wasn't to give back the Money to the jews.It wasn't about money at all.I offered OP to redeem his bad choices. He must pay back his PARENTS,it's a moral debt. If this Money goes to the jews so be it,it's a necessary evil
>>
>being born in america
i think that's the worst fate a robot can suffer
>>
>>25011814
if you failed high school what college would you be able to get into that's not community
>>
Here's what you need to do: ignore your parents advice.

Go to every temp agency in your area and find a job.

Get a room to rent off Craigslist.

Enroll in community college and start over.

Apply to a state university when you get your AA or AS and work your way through school.

Then and only then should you think about a top tier school.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.