[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many robots are self-diagnosed (as opposed to actually diagnosed)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 4am.png (298 KB, 482x347) Image search: [Google]
4am.png
298 KB, 482x347
How many robots are self-diagnosed (as opposed to actually diagnosed) with some kind of mental illness?
>>
>self diagnosis

if all you need to figure out if you're ill is a Google search then why do doctors spend 8 years in medical school
>>
>>25009694
>Self diagnose

Go back to Tumblr or set up an appointment with a psychologist.
>>
Bipolar
Body Dysmorphic Disorder which lead to
Avoidance Personality Disorder
And probably some other issues dealing with intimacy
>>
desu if you weren't fucked up enough to be diagnosed as a child you aren't a real robot anyway
>tfw diagnosed autist
>its a really bad feel
>>
>>25009710
Don't know. Everything is available online now and days.

>>25009741
>paying some schmo to tell me something I already know
>>
>>25009741
I'm not self-diagnosed, I'm actually diagnosed with assburgers and bipolar disorder. I'm just interested in how many people here are self-diagnosed rather than actually diagnosed.
>>
>>25009784
>Don't know. Everything is available online now and days.
The problem is that people only see things within their online bubble. Doctors study for 8 years to get the bigger picture - when someone walks in who thinks they have autism, a medical professional might be able to say no, they actually have a personality disorder than the patient had never heard of. If you self-diagnose you're only seeing the illnesses that you Google for, and therefore the illnesses that have somehow made their way into pop culture.
>>
>>25009784
>paying
What kind of third world shithole do you live in where you have to pay for essential medical treatment?
>>
>>25009876
what kind of communist shithole do you live in where the forces of the market don't drive medicine to constantly improve?
>>
>>25009912
most medical research is done in universities anyway so your medicine is basically socialized, you're just allowing rich people to charge you for things you already own
>>
>>25009787
A true aspie would know that this is hardly a place to gather unbiased data!

You bring Shame on our Kind GTFO
>>
>>25009784
because you don't just go to get diagnosed, you go to get help.
If you go to the doctor with a broken leg you don't just go to get a professional to say "yes, you have a broken leg!", you go so that they can fix the damn leg.
>>
This really is tumblr's twin for guys
>>
File: sad-00026.gif (161 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
sad-00026.gif
161 KB, 500x352
>Try seeing psychologist
>Get sent to rehab instead
>Just give up
>>
I'm pretty sure I have some mild type of depression and anxiety. Mental illness, and those traits specifically, are present in my ancestry.
>>
>>25009694
this is literally tumblr the thread but ill bite

>schizoid pd

id feel like my privacy is being violated if i were to see a psych though desu senpai
>>
Diagnosed by psychologist and psychiatrist , kicked my pills prozac, risperidol, serquil, did almost a year locked down ward, spent 3 days in icu after suicide attempt,
The list goes on
>>
File: metalhead.gif (2 MB, 465x280) Image search: [Google]
metalhead.gif
2 MB, 465x280
>>25009876
GreatestCountryEver.usa
>>
>>25010099
Tumblr the Thread the Video game the Movie
>>
>>25009710
Because self-diagnosis is fucking more dangerous than a real one, and can lead to even more symptoms.

Seriously, when I look at mental illnesses on the web, I just feel like I have everything. I exagerate, which makes more anxious and depressed, and I don't even know how to deal with that information. It's better to have a professionnal helping you.
>>
>>25010130
Which is why you have to pay to get psychological treatment. No wonder you got so many school shooters desu.
>>
>>25010054
Most underrated post ever
>>
>>25010319
Probably for good reasons, what do you think senpai
>>
>>25010054
The shocking truth nobody wants to hear
>>
>>25009694
I got treatment for depression but no formal diagnosis
>>
>>25010054
no shit sherlock

everyone knows it but no one speaks up about it
>>
>>25009710
>why do doctors spend 8 years in medical school

Because Internet lists of symptoms give you the 'what', but they don't give you the 'to what degree'.

There is a difference between 'often thinking of suicide' once or twice a day, and literally being unable to get the idea of cutting your arms or constricting your arteries for one moment.

There is a difference between an 'accelerated train of thought' of feeling excited and fluent and literally not being able to stop talking from person to person for thirty hours.

There is a difference between 'obsessive interests' of having a favourite game you've been playing for years and literally downloading every single mod, reverse-engineering it, and so on.
>>
>>25010407
This is true, a lot of psychology is a matter of spectrum, but we often see it as a black or white thing.
>>
>>25010407
good post.
Speaking with my doctor about paranoid personality disorder, said that online tests often just ask "do you brush off praise as unwarranted" "are you nervous in social situations" and downplay the severity of how much PPD ruins your relationships with other people
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F23kNk_5Zfo

Why is autism called a disability /pol/?
>>
>>25010076
This is one of my worst fears. I want to go to see a psychologist, and I can get six sessions, at least, all paid for by my work but I'm scared I'll be forced into rehab or to take sick leave. Along the same lines, I avoid going to the doctor because I don't want them to find out about my drinking and drug use. I don't want my insurance rates hiked even more.
>>
>>25010571
You don't live in rehab. It's just like seeing another therapist. Either way he only saw me for 15 minutes out of the hour my first visit. I never felt so humiliated in my life. I didn't go back obviously.
>>
>>25010571
I don't know about murrika, but in the UK doctors aren't allowed to force you into treatment or to share your information with anyone (including insurance companies)
>>
>>25010611
There's a lot less personal freedom in the states than anywhere else.
>>
>>25010568
because the world isn't ready for it
>>
>yfw in some third world countries people actually have to self-diagnose because they have to pay to see a medical professional

Why are we sending aid to India but we donating money to help these poor people?
>>
>>25010601
There is two different types of rehab, on is called out patient rehab, which is what your in. The other is inpatient rehab where you are stuck there for 1-3 months.
>>
>mfw the people who are so against self diagnosing thinks an illness suddenly develops the second a doctor says you have it
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.