[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got enough money for community collage Is it worth it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Dennis.png (635 KB, 519x537) Image search: [Google]
Dennis.png
635 KB, 519x537
I just got enough money for community collage

Is it worth it and what classes should I take
>>
it's worth it if you have the time and a clear goal in mind

go see a guidance counselor, declare your major and they'll make you an outline of your required courses
>>
a spelling class, first off
>>
>>25009202
If your Community College offers trades like plumbing, welding, HVAC, electrician, or auto mechanics, pick one of those. If not, go to a trade school.
>>
>>25009221
I'm typing this on my fucking Iphone, fuck off.
>>
>>25009202
Take whatever the course advisor tells you that you need for an A.A. Get your money up while you go, I'd look for grants and scholarships while I'm there (I didn't have any fin aid when I started, paid for my first semester out of pocket, got smart and actually hit the books, got a couple of scholarships by the next semester), and then you can go to a university, and you don't have to worry about paying for dumb bullshit classes that have nothing to do with what you wanted to study (why did I have learn about Shakespeare, as if I didn't have enough of that in high school, if I was going for math?) for two years, because you already did that at a crazy discount.
An A.A. or an A.S. is useless, except to transfer to a university but it does make everything a lot cheaper. I barely scraped enough dough together to finish my degree, I can't imagine paying four years of that shit instead of two and I only paid for my semester of CC out of pocket.
>Is it worth it
It sure was. Take it from me, I've got a math degree.
>middle school math teacher
>didn't even get hired until this year, worked at Taco Bell for a whole year after graduation
>$27k starting
>$10k in student loans
Where's the $300k I was promised?
>>
File: 1418565696244.jpg (39 KB, 299x403) Image search: [Google]
1418565696244.jpg
39 KB, 299x403
>>25009393
>He didn't get the Phd
>wasted all that time to teach little keks
>>
>>25009393
>math degree

Surely you mean 270k starting?
>>
>>25009438
I'm currently in a doctoral program, got accepted this year, I'm just teaching to pay the bills and pay for the education.
>mfw oversaturation of Phds in job market
>mfw by the time I get my Phd, I'd be lucky to get some bullshit academia professor faggot gig
>mfw even STEM is turning into dumb bullshit that exists just to perpetuate itself, like philosophy majors getting Phds to teach philosophy to philosophy majors
Yeah, just get a trade desu, I know plumbers who make more money than I ever will.
>>
>>25009202

>tfw everyone in this thread is misunderstanding what op meant

he got enough for a community COLLAGE. What are you planning on building op, like some sort of memorial with pictures of your town?
>>
File: 1449497232194.jpg (61 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449497232194.jpg
61 KB, 640x640
>>25009246
You own an iPhone already but you just now have enough money to invest in your education?
>>
File: hello, faggot police.png (266 KB, 413x463) Image search: [Google]
hello, faggot police.png
266 KB, 413x463
>>25009572
>mfw collage & definately
>>
>>25009572
Oh, okay. Well, that's just dandy! Glad to see you take pride and participate in your community, like a proper member of society! See you at the church bake sale next Wednesday!
>>
>>25009246
What difference would it make if you're typing on your phone? Is it that much more difficult to recognize your spelling?
>>
>>25009202
all your money will obviously go into remedial classes.
>Tfw idiots taking 5 years to graduate from cc
>>
>>25009202
"Collage"
Good laugh,thank you.
>>
>>25009202
Community colleges in Washington have a "direct transfer" A.A. degree that's designed specifically for people going on to uni. Check if your school/state has something like this. That's what I did & I'd recommend it. You'll save a lot of money but it's only worth it if you actually go on to uni.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.