[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are normies so fucking nosy? Every day they ask me shit about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1426557397276.jpg (44 KB, 680x765) Image search: [Google]
1426557397276.jpg
44 KB, 680x765
Why are normies so fucking nosy? Every day they ask me shit about my family, what I do in my spare time, if I'm talking to any girls, if I've ever went to a party or some other shit. I was legitimately asked if I was lonely since they know I always spend my nights alone.

Why can't people just leave me alone? I don't want everybody knowing everything about my life and I get embarrassed about anything personal.
>>
>>25009137
They don't understand how hurtful the word lonely is. They don't realize how lonely we are.
>>
>>25009137
Lack of awareness (imagination) of consequences of telling.

To normies, revealing information is like a network ping; it comes and is forgotten, it's just a blip, a casual pretext to engage another person vocally.

But to you, revealing something is functional, goal-oriented, not social -- you tell, or ask, to achieve something, consciously. You choose your words for the optimal effect. So when you reveal something, your brain tasks itself with whether this will be remembered, repeated, if combined with other things you said it will imply that you've spend your time doing this or that.

Kudos for that; but for normies there is no such intellectual overhead.
>>
>>25009137
Normies want to see themselves in everyone. They don't think they come off as intrusive when they ask you this shit. THIS is there 'bantz'.
>>
It's just small talk you autist.

Normies don't even really care. They just mainly use it as a stepping stone so you will start the ask the questions so they can talk about themselves. Normies don't like silence, they always want to talk, so if you're the only one around and won't initiate conversation with them, they will initiate it with you.
>>
>>25009205
What the fuck. I really relate to this, what are you getting at?
>>
Who here /nosymom/

My mom is so nosy, she always notices where im looking, my facial expressions, asks what im THINKING rrrrreeeeee get out of my personal sphere bitch
>>
>>25009205
People don't forget or you're talking to retards. But it's just meaningless small talk anyways. Nothing to be embers massed about you fucking Pusey
>>
>>25009137
I wish somebody would talk to me, even if it's just normie small talk. Nobody ever bothers me.
>>
>>25009205
>But to you, revealing something is functional, goal-oriented, not social -- you tell, or ask, to achieve something, consciously. You choose your words for the optimal effect. So when you reveal something, your brain tasks itself with whether this will be remembered, repeated, if combined with other things you said it will imply that you've spend your time doing this or that.

do you have reading material on this?
>>
>>25009335
No. Normies just spout smalltalk because they feel socially obligated to do so. They wory about how they are percieved by others. It's not just that they are all narcissists who fake interest in others and various things just so they can drive the conversation in their direction.
>>
File: pepperman (2).png (210 KB, 298x471) Image search: [Google]
pepperman (2).png
210 KB, 298x471
IF being lonely actually makes you feel bad and you can't manage to get out of your shell, you're pathetic
Being lonely isn't the end of the fucking world, tell those people that it doesn't bother you/ to go fuck themselves.
>>
>>25009576
>>25009918
>do you have reading material on this?

Hardly. When even the scientists are normies, there isn't much material for comparison.

But you might enjoy
http://paulcooijmans.com/psychology/mistaking_inquiry_for_request.html
>>
>>25010133
>IF being lonely actually makes you feel bad and you can't manage to get out of your shell, you're pathetic
Obviously. Some people are pathetic.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.