[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we die? What is the point of anything if we just die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 3.png (29 KB, 640x753) Image search: [Google]
3.png
29 KB, 640x753
Why do we die?

What is the point of anything if we just die at the end? It seems like the ultimate punishment for being alive.
>>
>>25007141
We die because imperfect cells multiply in our body and good cells just slowly start dying out.
Points whatever you make of it mayn.
>>
>>25007141
go ahead and kill yourself then you whiny little bitch fucking hell nobody cares retard
>>
>>25007199
>he says this while posting on /r9k/
>>
>>25007141
life is a pretty stable manifestation of energy.
Francium only gets like 22 minutes of half life at the best.
>>
>>25007141
We die so new humans can progress on planet earth, if nothing died there would no change, just imagine LUCA was immortal then that would mean it would never mutate into all living things we have today. Death is one of the requirements for evolution to even be possible.
>>
Here, anons. This may make you feel less depressed.
>>
File: snapshot20100427211437.jpg (23 KB, 576x320) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20100427211437.jpg
23 KB, 576x320
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those, whose lives are brief can imagine that love .. is eternal. .. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."
>>
One things for sure, there is more meaning to life than we think. Do you think complex biological systems can just spring up out of nowhere? A billion years is not a lot of time in the grand scheme of things. It took 2 billion years just for multicellular organisms to show up. A few million generations ago, we were mere rodents?
>>
>>25007557
What the fuck are you talking about? The point of death is to renew matter you stupid fuck.
>>
>>25007575
Why do living things exist?

To make more living things, the end.
>>
>>25007141
Would you rather live forever? I live easier everyday knowing I will die.
>>
>>25007600
And how did we even get here? It seems more natural that nothing should exist at all.
>>
>>25007705
We got here due to the laws of chemistry mate which got here due to the laws of physics which got here by the laws of quantum physics and it goes on and on.

Nothingness is impossible.
>>
>>25007726
So if there's one universe, what are the chances that it's the only one? Are there more after this, and do they continue forever? If my consciousness is just a certain arrangement of atoms, will I live forever in all manner of situations? Sounds pretty boring. For that matter, what if two of my brains come into existence at the same time, which one is conscious? I think there are too many questions that can only be answered by, "we were created by a higher power".
>>
>>25007534
epikur was a faggot
>>
>>25007877
An extrauniversal entity would be nothing like the christian god.
>>
File: 1450182845762.jpg (598 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450182845762.jpg
598 KB, 1920x1080
>>25007141
To motivate us. Maybe one day we'll meet aliens who live a dozen, maybe a hundred times longer than us. Then we'll BTFO them with our manly decisive short lifespan thinking and start the Imperium.
>>
If life is meaningless, so is your death. So why favour the one or the other?

LMAOing @ suicidalfags
>>
>dying
>punishment
Haha, nice one
>>
>>25007912
Yeah I don't think so either, if there's no proof of him then they're in the same boat as everyone else
>>
Simple single cell organisms, if not killed by the environment, actually live forever.

For the complexity of your organism, you literally have to pay with your life.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.