[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think reading books instead of playing vydia can improve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1450072792432.jpg (552 KB, 1625x1117) Image search: [Google]
1450072792432.jpg
552 KB, 1625x1117
Do you think reading books instead of playing vydia can improve our situation? I mean, if you read books, its easier to interact with normies or other robots, isn't? You enrich your vocabulary and the words flow easier when you talk and express your ideas...What do you think?
>>
>>25006237
Only if that book is "how to get rid of your creepy aura"
>>
>>25006237
I'm a /litbot/. Trust me, it doesn't make it any easier. We're lost causes, brobot.
>>
File: 1449047148270.png (7 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
1449047148270.png
7 KB, 275x275
>>25006271
But at least it's not easier for you to express your ideas?
>>
No it's pretty much the same thing as playing video games and TV.
>>
>if you read books, its easier to interact with normies or other robots, isn't?

No!

An expanded vernacular actually creeps people out/shames them/alienates them. And it will shame and alienate you in turn. So cut off every branch until you are another stump in a forest of stumps.

It hurts. :)
>>
>>25006307
But at least, when you read you have to imagine the situation. Doing that at least you develop your imagination and creativity. Isn't it good to interact with normie scum if you are an autist?
>>
if your problem is speaking and expressing yourself then yes indeed reading will help

if you have trouble with emotions and awkwardness, being afraid etc then books will not help since you are afraid of interactions, not the subject of the interaction
>>
No. For me reading has only ever blurred the lines between fantasy and reality further, which doesn't help at all. I find watching television series helps ground me a bit.

>>25006323
>Vernacular? Don't throw around big words like i'm some kind of idiot.
Every time.
>>
>>25006323
>Associating with stupid people

Get to a university, everyone will be the same and you'll fit in
>>
In high school my vocabulary was too expansive desu
My friends didn't mind, but it really got under the normies' skin
>>
English is my second language. How do I stop starting the majority of my sentences with "I"? When I talk to someone, I noticed that about 90% of all my sentences start with "I am...", "I did...", etc.
>>
>>25006237

Not really.

Having a normie interest like video games will help you relate to normies better because it's pop culture.
>>
If you read only non-fiction and several hundred pages a day, yes
>>
>>25006499
B2 here, I start most of my sentences with "I think" or "honestly". How do I stop this shit?
>>
Vidya is the worst thing you can do. They make you antisocial and fat.
>>
No big words or long passages. Smart girls play it dumb
>>
>>25006579
Who here addicted to LITERALLY and JUST
>>
>>25006499
Stop talking about yourself
>>
It doesn't matter how good your vocabulary/grammar is if you don't have the interesting content to use it with.
>>
>>25006622

Literally I thought I was just the only one. This is also part of my addiction, honestly
>>
>>25006634

Then everything I say starts with "You...".
>>
File: 1438159361399.gif (988 KB, 500x188) Image search: [Google]
1438159361399.gif
988 KB, 500x188
>>25006237
No. It won't help you be a functional cyborg. If anything society's anti-intellectualist zeitgeist will leave you even more alienated.

Still worth it for the noble pursuit of self-improvement which, fortunately, is its own reward. I tend to get depressed if I do nothing but vidya and can physically feel myself getting dumber if I haven't read for a while. Not that I'm a /lit/ snob, I just try to find a balance
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.