[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>normies pretending to be introverted >normies pretending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: introvert party.gif (247 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
introvert party.gif
247 KB, 800x800
>normies pretending to be introverted
>normies pretending to be socially awkward/anxious

Why do they do this? It's not like this is a competition or anything, but it just pisses me off to see people with rich social lives and boyfriends/girlfriends pretending to be outcasts for the sake of speshul snowflake status.
>>
>for the sake of speshul snowflake status
You answered your own question. Just one of the many, many ways people try to feel special nowadays.
>>
>same thread posted for the third day in a row

I hate r9k
>>
File: 1445674280024.jpg (81 KB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
1445674280024.jpg
81 KB, 696x478
>tfw autism will never be cool
>>
File: IMSOANGRYIMTHROWINGup.jpg (18 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
IMSOANGRYIMTHROWINGup.jpg
18 KB, 399x388
>>25004889
>not rich
>most people at my school hate me because a girl made it her sole objective to make sure no other girl would be 'hurt' by me.
>considers herself to be some savior
>never had a boyfriend or girlfriend
>18, virgin, play darkscape all day

>>25004889
I do know what you're saying. One of my friends acted like he was a fucking robot for a while(he browses 4chan) yet he's had a girlfriend, and has had sex before. He's had 2 girlfriends. Recently the hottest chick in school asked him out; the same chick who made most chicks dislike me.
Epic desu, just fucking kill everyone
>>
File: introvert charging.jpg (407 KB, 500x2851) Image search: [Google]
introvert charging.jpg
407 KB, 500x2851
>introverts are like phones

What's with this "introverts need recharging" meme?
>>
File: 777756665.jpg (54 KB, 819x317) Image search: [Google]
777756665.jpg
54 KB, 819x317
>>25005066
This image kinda hurts me physically.
Why do they do this?
>>
File: 14391412413608.jpg (97 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
14391412413608.jpg
97 KB, 800x900
>>25005066
Autism.
It's not going to kill you to talk to people.
>>
File: social anxiety shirt.jpg (45 KB, 542x671) Image search: [Google]
social anxiety shirt.jpg
45 KB, 542x671
>I'm sooooo socially awkward and weird xD
>>
>>25004989
>18, virgin, play darkscape all day
Wasn't it your birthday yesterday or very recently?
>>
>>25004889
This is why I live between Harvard and MIT. I can say things like that and it does not matter one fucking bit because chances are, the chick I'm talking to will start talking about she's researching a way to cure eczema for her Ph.D.
>>
>>25005388
do you play darkscape?
>>
>>25004889
It is possible to have a wide range of friends and people you know even if you are an introverted autist, but you need to luck out on having a hypersocial friends who for some reason likes to hang with you and introduces you to people. I had one in high school and knew tens of people who all were nice to me, everyone went their ways and now Im stuck with the couple of neckbeards that were left here..
>>
File: 1449853034539.jpg (541 KB, 1005x1005) Image search: [Google]
1449853034539.jpg
541 KB, 1005x1005
>>25004889
>tfw find comfort in talking to people
>tfw you're really awful at talking to people
i'm an extrovert right?
>>
>>25005066
I can relate to this some level. I work well in social situations, but they tire me.

I get irritated and bitter over longer periods of socializing. Then I need couple days of isolation to feel refreshed again.

I still long for company, it's just that I "burn it all in one go" once I get it.
>>
>>25005066
internet addiction needs feeding, oure and simple
>>
>>25005437
i feel the same way. all i want in life is a few irl friends to hang out with every now and then but being around strangers makes me so physically uncomfortable and anxious
>>
>>25004911
You've been here 3 days in a row?
Get a life brah
>>
>>25005066
This is the most cringeworthy shit. Pure concentrated autism. Imagine just interrupting as conversation with "sorry guys, introvert time! I'll be back after I'm done being a special snowflake."
>>
>>25005066
This has been a thing a very long time, nothing new nor special snowflakeish.
However, when robots generally speak of being an "introvert", they tend to mean an extreme to the point where even 1 second of any remote human contact almost physically hurts them.
The kind of introverted tendencies normies tend to refer to, is a much more moderate version. Only relatively few people are 100% introverted (like some robots) or 100% extroverted (like those Chad-like and Stacey-like people attentionwhoring and partying 24/7).
Plenty of less extreme extroverts also enjoy the occasional alone time, and plenty of introverts enjoy occasional socializing.

The difference is as that image explains - however potentially cringe-worthy as it tries to explain it in an easy-to-understand way so the more extreme extroverts can at least somewhat understand/comprehend it - where extroverts "charge up" from social events and activities, it leaves introverts "drained".

>>25004889
It's important to try and keep in mind that instead of normies saying "x% introverted" they say "introverted" as it's difficult to get a proper estimation of the % as well as that it probably just would result in extroverts (of whatever percentage) less likely to understand the difference.
So, when a normie says "I'm introverted", try not to get all worked up over them not being an extreme introvert as you or some fellow robots are.
Same goes for social awkwardness/anxiety. Normies tend to mean to the point of discomfort and slight inability to properly address certain social cues on time and whatnot, where robots tend to mean a crippling fear/anxiety that perhaps even physically hurts and makes it so that you'd rather not even consider facing it (understandably at that severity) and instead stay at home avoiding all social scenarios where possible - even if it affects their lives and potential negatively.

Moderate anxiety/introversion still allows for a pretty normie life with some effort.
>>
>>25005582
>human contact almost physically hurts them.
thats not introvert thats autism. Introvert just means prefer to be alone where extrovert just means prefer to be with other people. Nothing about how you can deal with social interactions

For example, Eric Harris was a clear introvert. He could function and operate perfectly in social situations, but would prefer to be alone
>>
>>25004889
> Respond with
Yea, You want to leave part of that on my bed?
>>
>>25004889
have you considered that there are genuinely introverted people who aren't mentally ill and go out and live life instead of pissing in bottles all day
>>25005543
fuck off normalfag
>>
>>25005360
>person with social anxiety
>wearing clothes that would draw attention to them
>>
>>25004889
People want labels,
Just like when there is a mental disorder thread, everyone comes out the woodwork with self diagnosed psychosis.
My life is hard becuz X.
Dont blame me i have X.
You don't understand, you dont have X.
And so on.
Like robots dont do this, top laugh!
>>
>>25004920
dunno mate, wouldnt be surprised if it came into fashion in the next few years
>>
>>25005794
Really wouldn't put it past retarded normies, they'll latch onto literally anything as long as it's in
>>
>>25005776
>Dont blame me i have X.
this
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.