[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
aspergers/autism general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: 1450002107937.jpg (2 MB, 2156x2760) Image search: [Google]
1450002107937.jpg
2 MB, 2156x2760
aspergers/autism general

who else here grew into there autism? I was actually a fairly standard (if a bit weird) shy kid until about 11-12 then it hit me like a fucking truck, went from being able to talk and go to school pretty easily to barely being able to leave the house in a few months. all these years and a diagnosis later and its only gotten worse

also, post images related to your autismo obsession and we try to guess what it is

Finally, anyone here get real practical skills out of this? you always hear about savants with borderline superhuman abilities in specific fields, anyone here like that? I feel like most of us got fairly useless shit to be good at/obsessed with
>>
I got diagnosed when I was eight so there's that
>>
File: aspie.jpg (58 KB, 809x609) Image search: [Google]
aspie.jpg
58 KB, 809x609
I have an appointment with a psychiatrist tomorrow and I'm finally getting my (supposed) asperger's diagnosis process started. I'm extremely asocial, I do not enjoy socializing at all. I don't like to be touched, I don't like shaking hands or hugging. Bright lights hurt me physically, and noises make me wince and thus I wear earmuffs to dinner table. Talking feels awkward and unnatural, I never look people in the eyes, and I spend 17 hours on a computer every day.
My older brother got his asperger's diagnosed when he was a kid so it's very likely that I'm an aspie as well. He's definitely one of the smartest people I know, I have never met anyone who has such wide knowledge about physics and combat sports. He has a degree in electrical engineering, just like me.

Few years ago during pre-conscription physical and psychological exam I was diagnosed with social anxiety and depression. I couldn't get autism diagnosis back then because it would've been a bigger thing to exam and they only had time for superficial 20 minute exam, but they gave me a phone number to make an appointment with a psychiatrist to get more in depth analysis about my situation. I then got discharged from my duty.
I never made that call, but now about 4 years later my mom finally contacted some people from her work and tomorrow is the day. I know my situation is not some phase I will grow out because I've been like this for all my life. I remember being an outcast and socially awkward weirdo since daycare.

Best case scenario: asperger's/autism spectrum disorder, severe social anxiety diagnosis
Worst case scenario: I'm just one awkward and shy motherfucker without any neurobiological disorders

Should I write down the things that make me feel like an outsider to this planet? What is the diagnosis process like? I could ask my older brother but there's no way of contacting him because he's so busy all the time.
>>
>>25005038
wait let me get this straight

you WANT to be diagnosed with it?
God that makes you a blithering idiot

I would be depressed and would want to end my life if i found out i was a spergy. It would mean that i have a developmental disorder. Literally that i am not developing. That i am a little child who cannot figure out how to be with women. People would pity you and humour you
>>
>>25005169
Your dick is not developing
>>
never saw an actual diagnose on it
how does it work
do you get a print proving your condition?
>>
>>25005169
Read again, you illiterate pavement monkey. I said I want to get a diagnosis if I really am an aspie, and in worst case scenario I'm just an awkward weirdo without any traits of any autism related disorders. Living with undiagnosed asperger's would be fucking bullshit, and that's the reason I'm going to that psychiatrist to make it clear if I have asperger's or not.

Asperger's does not affect on cognitive thinking, it's not the same thing as mental retardation like 4chan memes would like you to believe.
>>
I was diagnosed not long ago.

level 2 severity

considering suicide f a m, these sperg group sessions and psychologist visits are not helping.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (50 KB, 328x365) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
50 KB, 328x365
>>25005038
first thing I saw
>>
>>25005319
>Asperger's does not affect on cognitive thinking

that's objectively false, you fucking nigger.

research the subject before going out for a dx, you fgt
>>
File: 1310693515813.jpg (19 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1310693515813.jpg
19 KB, 300x250
>>25005358
Bravo you might make it number 1 autist of the thread.
>>
File: 1405928794226.png (75 KB, 299x220) Image search: [Google]
1405928794226.png
75 KB, 299x220
>>25005408
is that good or bad
>>
File: cwc.jpg (126 KB, 635x750) Image search: [Google]
cwc.jpg
126 KB, 635x750
>>25005361
Asperger's is essentially about deficits in social communication and social interaction. Diagnosis requires the patient to have average to above average IQ and no mental impairments, meaning that one can't *get* autism like a flu, and you don't *get* autism from brain damage etc.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/autism-spectrum-disorders-asd/index.shtml
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/asperger/detail_asperger.htm
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/autism/detail_autism.htm

Your whole idea of autism is based entirely on 4chan memes. Now low functioning autism might be a different thing, but we're not talking about low functioning autism here aren't we? We're talking about asperger's and ASD.
>>
>>25005453
Bad senpai
>>
>>25005489

lmao, you're a fucking idiot dude.

you're making tons of assumptions on what i know about autism and i can promise you i know a lot more about it than you ever will.

>We're talking about asperger's and ASD.

again, you're an idiot.

aspergers IS an ASD and so is "low functioning autism" which I'm going to assume you really mean classic autism or autistic disorder or kanner syndrome.
>>
>>25005491
well shiet
>>
>>25005525
You've selfishly fucked this thread with your stupid argument.
>le you're wrong and im right

Lurkers abandon.
>>
>>25005525
Now you're just backpedaling and stumbling on semantics, yet no sources on your claim:
>that's objectively false, you fucking nigger

I proved -with links to government health care sites- that asperger's is not a mental deficit or cognitive impairment. The key is the _differences_ in cognitive thinking, not impairments. It differs from other autism spectrum disorders by its relative preservation of linguistic and cognitive development.

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/asperger-syndrome
"The differences in cognitive functioning observed in people with Asperger syndrome are believed to give rise to the behavioral patterns characteristic of this condition."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17030291
"Asperger's syndrome is a pervasive developmental disorder characterized by social impairments and rigid and repetitive interests or behaviors paired with relatively preserved cognitive and verbal facilities."

Now you are free to provide some evidence for your claims. Can't wait what kind of a pepe wojak adventure comic you dig up for that.
>>
>>25005525
Are you saying you can get autism later in life? Because that's bullshit I have all my life age 1-23 to to prove for it.
>>
Can a diagnosed schizophrenic girl join??

p-please
>>
I was diagnosed with Asperger's and now living on autismbucks. I've got an above avarage IQ and I could not put to a practical use my knowledge. Mostly because sensory overload would kill me if I step out of my house. Also I cannot into socializing.
>>
I'm an Aspie and my obsession is History.

For instance, did you know that the first children diagnosed with the disorder were four boys living in Austria during the 1930's and 40's. These four boys were sent to Dr. Hans Asperger for diagnosis because they were problem children at school. They were disobedient to authority and could not be manipulated through peer pressure. Their lack of emotional intuition made them rely far more on logic rather than emotional thinking. For this reason, they were impossible to indoctrinate and thus were sent to the doctor.

The "disease" of Aspergers is essentially nothing more than an extreme innate resistance to indoctrination.

And it was first diagnosed in children who were resisting Nazi indoctrination in school.

I take great pride in my Aspergers, and I want to assure everyone here that as you grow older, especially if you start smoking pot, you'll find it very easy to become more socialized and less awkward, while still retaining all your Aspie superpowers.
>>
>>25006178
Get the fuck out, you stupid crazy whores.
>>
>>25006317
t-thanks s-senpai

>>
i've spent the last 10 minutes sitting her writing paragraphs and deleting them because i cant make them say what i want them to. who here has problems getting their thoughts out.
>>
File: 1415361518370.png (289 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
1415361518370.png
289 KB, 500x382
Diagnosed when I was 11 and used to be obsessed with biology.

Now I'm a 20 year old NEET who never leaves the house.
>>
>>25006348
hut up whore
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.