[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any guides to help NEETs/shut-ins get in shape?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: images (1).jpg (24 KB, 351x419) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
24 KB, 351x419
Are there any guides to help NEETs/shut-ins get in shape?
>>
>>25002783
Do pushups, situps, and squats until you don't look like a piece of shit.
>>
Get gastric bypass and continue to be a neet piece of shit. That's what I did. I don't have to even move and I lose weight.

Granted you'll probably never eat again. You pick your battles I guess.
>>
Why are wagekucks so mad that I'm living the dream life while they're working that 9-5 ? You should be happy for me.
>>
>>25002783
Stop eating as much bruv, thats it
>>
>>25002937
>>25002826
My parents gifted me a gym membership, so I'd like to get a routine going
>>
Just eat less. Drink lots of water
>>
>>25002960
Oh, I thought you meant that you didn't want to leave your house.

Just go to the gym at like 1 am, no one will be there.
>>
House exercise will do fuck all unless you have weights
>>
>>25003016
I don't know what to do there though
>>
>>25003018
>house excercise
Been there, impractical as fuck, def get a membership
>>
Stop eating carbs and go on keto diet. I don't even work out and I lost 40 pounds in 6 months by just eating 25g of carbs max per day.
>>
>>25003018
MY WEIGHTS ARE ON MY BODY FAGGOT
>>
>>25003033
It's not rocket science senpai, I split my routine in a 3-day cycle
1st day: Upper body (5 excercises)
Focus on chest, arm pull and push excercises, upper back, and shoulders
2nd day: Torso
2 Ab circuits, middle back/lats
3rd day: Legs
Butt, calves, thighs, quads, optionally side muscles as well

Do that 2 times a week, 60 reps of each with as much weight as you can without hurting yourself, gradually increasing weight, do a reasonable amount of jogging after each routine, and that's it

Hope that's understandable, english isn't my native toungue
>>
>>25002783
eat only rice or bulgur,drink only diet cola and use ketchup if you want,walk 4 hours on a day
you shall lost 5-6 kg in a month
>>
>>25003162
2nd day is actually 2 ab excercises, lower back, right side and left side (5 in total)
Leg day is 6 excercises
>>
>>25003033
Here's what my younger brother does:
15 mins of rowing machine, 15 mins cycling, 35 mins cross trainer, some quick light weight training (bicep curls and stuff), and 40 lengths of swimming.

If he didn't eat shit he'd be a goddamn beast doing that. His leg muscles could crush a man's head.

I'm not saying to do that. That's way too much to do at first. I'd recommend like, 10 mins of rowing machine, 20 mins of cycling, a little bit of crosstrainer or running machine, and some light weight training. (Maybe a quick swim of like 15 lengths if you still have the energy)
You have to build it up over time and be patient. Don't overexercise because you'll feel wrecked the next day.
>>
>>25003033
>I don't know what to do there though
Lift weights.
>>
>>25003222
lol, he's gonna be rekt the next day no matter what he does, that's literally the best part of working out in a long time
>>
>>25002783
>>>>>/fit/

Read the sticky

Eat tons of protein, good amount of fat, no processed sugar , no processed carbs,. The less processed food you eat the better. The less calorie dense food the better (veggies are GOAT) fruit not as great, ok though.

Do PPL, look it up. Exercise as much as possible. 5-6 days/week 1hour is best. Compound movements (squat, bench press , deadlift, rows, pullups, dips,pushups, situps are the base of evrey workout

Don't do cheat days, avoid carbs when possible. Buy cheap protein powder (I love "six star" brand)

P.s. fast food isn't cheap. Rice beans veggies chicken milk oats make incredibly cheap, nutritious meals. Don't fall for that "healthy food is expensive" meme. Hippie food is expensive (gluten free """"""organic """"" free range-means nothing except for extra price)
>>
eat less calories

if you don't bring junk food into the house, you can't eat it
>>
>>25003421
This guy is dead on

Fuck cardio, seriously fuck cardio. Lifting g weights burns way more calories, as it still burns crazy calories many hours after you're done. Also cardio doesn't shape your body/add muscle.
>>
>>25003033
Don't listen to the other anons. Brosplits are SHIT. Don't waste years in the gym using machines and 5 different variants of curls. Do a full body routine like Starting Strenght or Stronglifts 5x5 with some dips and chinups and it'll go great.

Read the sticky on /fit/.

Here's some links to help you out, OP:

http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.no/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html?m=1
http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

They're long, but really easy to read, so read it all.
>>
Myfitnesspal app. In a couple weeks you'll know why you are fat, which is all you need to make better decisions
>>
>>25003442
Oh and one more thing to add because this poster is godly ;)

Control is the name of the game. Skip one workout, you will end up skipping many. One cheat meal, you will have many.

Don't go all anorexic. Eat yummy foods. Just fit them into what I said in the 1st/3 posts. The more enjoyable a healthy diet, the longer it'll last. Don't drop 1000 calories a day. Find your daily maintenance levels and go like 100 calories below

SLOW BUT STEADY
>>
I've lost 20kg in 3 months by cutting my calories to under 500 a day.
>>
>>25003461
SS is a good start (1-4 months)

PPL is the second step (4 months- 2 years)

Single body part 8-10 workouts/week (pro status 2-50 years)
>>
>>25003442
Your advice is good but saying fuck cardio is just dumb. He should do some cardio here and there. It improves everything else. Since when did stamina not come into play when getting fit ?

Be less crazy bro you clearly spend too much time posting on fit.
>>
Just count your calories and slowly eat less and less, accept that you will feel hungry for a while sometimes.
>>
>>25002783

>209lbs sept1st
>jog 30min a day until nov
>gets to cold to run outside
>get weighted jumprope
>30-45min on rope a day in basement
>weigh 188lbs now
>>
>>25003534
Bad idea. You'll rebound it all in the end. I truly hope you don't though

Never cut more than 400 below maintence levels (1800-2400 for most)
>>
File: NuclearPepe.jpg (44 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
NuclearPepe.jpg
44 KB, 550x550
>Be sad
>Lift
>Now sad and in shape
>>
>>25003553
exactly
do what i and everyone does when you're hungry: chew gum
>>
>>25003461
With weights any good tips on learning the techniques?
>>
>>25003552
True, but people get obsessed. It has its place, but I think in the first 2-3 months you should dedicate your energy to lifting. The advice ive given us for true beginners. Not for the average fit person. I don't mean to speak in absolutes, every style will work for someone out there
>>
>>25003033
I'd start by using the treadmill desu senpai
>>
>>25002783
That's basically what /fit/ is
>>
>>25003509
My TDEE is coming up as like 3100 calories as I'm like 230 pounds and 6 feet, did I do something wrong because that seems a bit much even doing as fit suggests eating 500 calories less seems quite a lot
>>
>>25003587
Look it up on Youtube.

Just search for 'How to deadlift with good form' or something similar. There are TONS of these videos out there. When I first started out, I'd constantly repeat the movements in my bathroom mirror to get the form down perfectly.
>>
>>25002783
Take your self hatred for you disgusting flabby body and redirect it into exercising. You can probably even get away with eating like you do right now as long as you're putting in the effort.
>>
>>25003018
>tfw have a power cage, barbell, bench and pulldown machine in my garage

Who else /HomeGymMasterrace/ here?
>>
>>25003566
500 calories below maintenance are alright unless you're a 120lbs girl with a TDEE of 1500.

Shit, if you're really overweight, drop that shit down to 1000 calories below maintenance.
>>
>>25003663
500 less is a lot and will get quick results

However I believe mong lasting results is what matters. If you starve yourself you will end up bingeing and wasting all that pain.

100-200 under TDEE is best IMHO
>>
>>25003779
See>>25003793

Slow and steady my man. If you really believe in yourself go for fast results. But for most people it ends in crazy rebound
>>
File: 1434469330854.jpg (8 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1434469330854.jpg
8 KB, 249x243
>>25003461
Same anon here.

I forgot to mention about weight loss. If you want to lose weight:
1. Go to a TDEE calculator, input your stats, and see how many calories your body burns approximately in a day.

2. Download MyFitnessPal if you have a smartphone, or just use the desktop website if you don't.

3. Input your TDEE minus 500-1000 calories into MyFitnessPal. This will make you lose 1-2lbs week.

4. Buy a food scale.

5. Weigh the food you make, and log every motherfucking thing you eat and drink into MyFitnessPal. Even the oil you cook with. (Make sure that the food you log in the app has the same amount of calories as the packaging of the food says it has.) Don't log the workouts even though MyFitnessPal insists you do.

6. You can now eat anything you want, as long as you log it and make sure not to eat more calories than the restriction you put. Some days I eat less or more, but I always even it out the next day.

Weighing and logging the food adds up to maybe 5-10 minutes a day at most. It makes me happy to think that we live in a time with technology like this, so take advantage of it, OP.

This is all you need to lose weight. You don't need cardio or weightlifting if you just want to lose weight, but I do them anyways cause lifting weights make you gain muscle and cardio is good for cardiovascular health.
>>
>>25003823
Tbqh, I really don't think it's too much for the average person. It'll only make them drop 1lbs/0.5kg a week.
Besides, 500 calories is like 2 small bottles of soda.
>>
>>25003461
Would doing cardio as well be a good idea?
>>
File: spotting.jpg (40 KB, 581x368) Image search: [Google]
spotting.jpg
40 KB, 581x368
Stop drinking pop, it's terrible for you.
If you're really fat/out of shape just try walking 15 minutes a day. If you're not try to do a few pushups as well.
Up until about 7 months ago I had never really exercised in my life and was in terrible shape (not fat, super skinny with no muscle).
I started doing simple stuff like pushups and curls with dumbbells. When I started I had to use a 9 pound dumbbell and could only do 15 pushups and it made me feel like I was going to die.
Now I'm using a 15 pound weight and can do sets of 60 pushups fairly easily. I'm trying to do 1000 pushups this week and I'm already well ahead of schedule doing 200+ per day.
I'm still not in great shape but there's been significant improvement from where I started and I feel a lot better. I still look like a gross skinnyfat piece of human garbage but I'm mostly exercising for my own long-term health so it's not a huge deal.
>>
>fuck cardio

B-but what if I want to do this?
>>
>>25005075
To do that succesfully, you really need to start before puberty
>>
>>25002783
>literally a whole board dedicated to this
>>>fit
>>
>>25005075
>semen
Tasty and lewd.

>>25002783
>literally nobody posted their bodies to motivate OP
>>
File: suicide fun.gif (1 MB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
suicide fun.gif
1 MB, 300x166
>>25005574
>tfw 25
>>
>>25002783
well cultured anonymous?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.