[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I leave this shit small town I just want to live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
How the fuck do I leave this shit small town I just want to live in LA. That's all I want.
>>
>>25000170
LA is shit. It is not like you will think it is. Fuck off California wannabe.
>>
>>25000236
Yes it is

Ndjfoenfhciem
>>
I moved to a large city after living in a small town my whole life. Worst mistake I've ever made. You don't realize the benefits of living a small town lifestyle until you leave it behind.
>>
>>25000330
There are no benefits

Jdjeoendie
>>
Definitely move to a city, but probably not LA

Consider San Fran if you're set on cali. There's a lot of money there at the moment, economy is pretty buoyant. Unemployment rate is like 3%.
>>
>>25000170
fuck 0ff we're full
>>
>>25000369
I couldn't live in sanfran its so different and gay I'd prefer NYC

>>25000392
2bad
>>
>>25000432
>I'd prefer NYC
This proves that you have no idea what you are fucking talking about. LA and NYC are fake as fuck wannabe cities. They are no places to live for many reasons, both being that they are way more shit than they actually seem. NYC and LA have exprensive as fuck rent and fucking nignogs live on welfare within those cities. It fucking pisses me off that a fucking nigger could live in NYC and not enjoy the fucking city yet act like they be 'representin' the hood. Face it, big cities are real life memes.
You've been kucked by life.
San Fran is actually the best option, though try to not live their for too long. It's no place to raise children, but certainly the place to get high and try to find women.
>>
No you're just a retard nerd with a shit taste
>>
File: 1437380807652.jpg (707 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1437380807652.jpg
707 KB, 5000x5000
why the fuck is some kuck always making a thread about wanting to move to the big city?

as a robot, the suburbs are the comfiest place to live. the city smells like literal shit and garbage. there are people everywhere, normalfags galore, and more violence because of the dense pack
>>
>>25000529
you sound like you've lived in san fran and I want to move out.

Any tips? I heard it was fucking expensive.
>>
So i'm thinking about moving to either seatle or chicago. which one should i take? seatle has lower crime, better neighborhoods, and UW has a solid rep. however housing is quite expensive and i'd have to commute allot.
Chicago has hella crime and is in financial ruin, but UChicago and the city officials are trying to clean tings up somewhat. it has cheap housing and offers an the opportunity to transfer into a top tier school from the Chicago City College
>>
The suburbs suck dick its boring and sheltering

Although I would take the suburbs I don't care if I'm near a city or inside it
>>
Don't move to San Fran thinking there will be girls there. It's nothing more than a bunch entitled SJW whores who think their shit doesn't stink because all the hot girls move to LA where their looks can get them ahead. All the white knights and betas in San Fran look past the looks, so all the ugly girls come here and bitch about how they want a tech job because misogyny. So the 6's think and act like they're 9's. Only move here if you want to get into tech.
>>
File: image.png (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35 KB, 700x700
>>25000529
>tfw live in a nice neighborhood in Queens
>tfw I can easily afford my place
>have plenty of money to spurge on random shit
Also gentrification is pushing out mostly hispanics, but also some blacks from Brooklyn.
>>
File: 1333115802989.jpg (192 KB, 706x720) Image search: [Google]
1333115802989.jpg
192 KB, 706x720
>tfw waiting for my mum to die and my boyfriend to break up with me so i can move out of australia

who /waiting game/ here?
>>
>>25000592
It is. Get roommates. Working at Starbucks is enough to pay for your side of the rent and then still have enough to have fun outside. Enjoy the weekends, cook your own food since outside food is terribly touristy priced, and wear a sweater it is cold. I've lived there for 2 1/2 years. It was fun but I left due to the expensive prices and I just wanted to move on.
Just drive there and figure it out. It was hard and try to bunk with a fellow anon there until you can find a place to rent.
Make sure you learn about the San Francisco Renting group that protects the rights of renters by making sure that landlords follow the regulations of maintaining an apartment for rent. Fucking too many mexican spics don't know how to fucking fix their apartments. Keep hounding their lazy asses until they fix the fucking ceiling from leaking.
Anyways, you can do it anon. Just look up residential tips and information before you begin your journey. That's all I can give you for now. I have an essay to finish.
>>
>>25000580
Suburbs suck mate. I moved from a shitty community in the middle of bumbfuck nowhere in Florida and haven't regretted it.
>>
>>25000719
Let me guess you need her money

>>25000716
Is queens really as commuteish as they say?
>>
>>25000728
solid advice man, thanks.
>>
You can really afford the bay on a shit salary? Does that work with any city? Just get full time work and roommates?
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 800x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 800x429
>>25000872
Every borough has a fair amount of commuting, but a lot of people in Queens do work in Manhattan. The public transportation here is pretty good though so as long as it's on time you should get to wherever you need to go in Manhattan fairly quick. From my house it takes a 5 minute bus ride and then a 20-30 minute train ride to get to midtown Manhattan. You can also take the express bus which is a straight shot to Manhattan and has comfortable seats, pic related.
>>
>>25001008
You have to find the right apartments; obviously you won't get great views nor the BEST apartments, but certainly it is possible. I did it with 2 other roommates. I think it might be possible for you to get a subsidy from the city if you single rent, but it usually only applies to nignogs. The rent in the projects is so low, like 600 a month, I think, though you have to make less than 18k and have a shit ton of 'chilrens'
>>
>>25001066
Well obviously I don't expect a downtown high rise working as a waiter but if I can at least have a fighting chance, that's all I need.
>>
>>25001048
Jesus Christ that place looks so amazing. Can I just rent a basement in queens on a low skill salary? That commutes not any worse then my rural shit holes commute
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.