[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it still socially acceptable to call out a man on being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ghoul finger.jpg (15 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
ghoul finger.jpg
15 KB, 500x330
Why is it still socially acceptable to call out a man on being shy or quiet? Its an insult in every way, they're basically saying "you are not masculine." And when they do it its always in a light hearted manner as if they don't see the negative stigma behind what they're saying at all.

Yes, I get it. I don't feel the need to constantly vocalize every thought that crosses my mind or speak so loud everyone within 30 feet can hear it. Why do normals find the need to bring it up?

Why are quiet men adored in media but made into a joke in the real world?
>>
>>24998511

Maybe you just live around idiots.
>>
>>24998511
Normans want to see themselves in others. Like, alot.
>>
>>24998511
They cannot comprehend the fact that some people don't yell whenever they have a thought.
>>
>>24998511
>tfw get ripped on for being quiet nearly everyday at work
>tfw don't giv a fuck any more
the guy that does it the most ends up looking like a huge prick for doing it constantly.
>>
>>24998511
What is socially acceptable is not what you think is fair or not.

Being a shy, queit person, you can easily make more extroverted people uncomfortable, and they react by calling you out. To ease the tension.

It's not wrong of them to do this, but it is stupid of you to care.
>>
>>24998511
Most people could care less.
It because of herd mentality that our society does thing on a whim. Normies have lot of fear concerning what is acceptable and what is politically incorrect. Therefore to fit in, they succumb to peer pressure and adopt that shitty way of thinking and then it became acceptable to make fun of quiet guys. What reason ? Cause their social environment told them so.
>>
File: just about.jpg (25 KB, 689x500) Image search: [Google]
just about.jpg
25 KB, 689x500
>>24998992
>at work
>boss' boss comes in
>think to myself "please don't bother me"
>he proceeds to bother me
>starts ragging on me about not being talkative
>I smile like a retard and give canned responses
>tells me "don't worry my kid was like that but he grew out of it"
>his kid is barely out of middle school

And normalfags actually wonder why they get slaughtered by supreme gentlemen
>>
>>24998992
>>24999288

I know that feel so well bros. Wagekeking is not enough torture alone I guess, have to be tormented while doing it as well.
>>
>>24999123
>Extroverts can't mind their own business

>the problem is on the quiet one
>>
>>24999424
you think like a normie. go cry like the failed normie bitch you are.

try reading what I said. It's not wrong of them to do it, you are making them feel awkward by feeling awkward right next to them. it is not out of malice.

but you are STUPID, a stupid failed normie, for caring what they think of you.
>>
>>24999479
>he thinks being quiet means you feel awkward
no
>>
>>24999644
I have a hard time believing people approach you just to tell you how quiet you are.
>>
>>24998511
>Why are quiet men adored in media but made into a joke in the real world?

It's because you don't have one or more of the following:
>good looks
>charming personality
>money
>fame
>talent
>>
>>24999675
Its usually when we're forced near one another like at a job
I would never go near normies otherwise
>>
There's basic deflection techniques you can learn. Firm yes or no answers, responding in questions, repeating the last word they said back you. It's like someone just wants to play tennis, normies just want words hit back at them so they can keep saying things.
>>
>>25000179
this.
[filler text which seems not original enough]
>>
>>24998511

because you're an introvert in an extroverted world

they legitimately just cannot comprehend what it's like to be introverted and thus either respond with humour or criticism.

forgive them for they know not what they do
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.