[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lifting will ruin your life srs Lifting was a huge part of my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: RfeiMqw.jpg (38 KB, 960x719) Image search: [Google]
RfeiMqw.jpg
38 KB, 960x719
Lifting will ruin your life srs
Lifting was a huge part of my life for 10-12 years so I have a lot to say about it, but here are some random thoughts I'll just blurt out:

> I thought drinking was insanely unhealthy and would absolutely ruin me, so I never drank
> As such, I had zero social life through university
> Avoid all social events in order to eat properly
> Panic about food contents, can't eat casually with people, need to bring my own
> Had to rush home to eat a measured amount of white rice after sports training while the lads went out slaying
> OLC filters for the most obsessed aspie lifters in the world, so forums just feedback on these ideas and encourage each other (sound familiar?)
> constant exposure to people online with elite genetics and/or roiding their brains out, totally false expectations of gains
> ruin body with chronic overtraining trying to achieve impossible results
> srsly v serious overtraining
> didn't get morning wood for about ten years, thought it was normal
> making your whole body sore as **** multiple times per week for years on end = incredible amount of chronic stress
> low energy, low mood, makes you withdrawn as ****
> joint damage and permanent injuries
> physique looks retarded anyway
> borderline eating disorder, still haven't recovered, can never see food in normal way again
> develop the idea that making things hard (therefore achieving less per effort) is honourable and correct. Very hard to shake it, comes to affect rest of life)
> develop the idea that you're never "ready", need to get bigger, leaner and/or stronger and THEN can go to that party you were invited to eight years ago and people will like you.
>>
>>24996307

i'm 5'6" and a nonwhite hispanic

my life is already ruined
>>
well it's too late now, but if you had done any research (reading SS maybe?) you would know about overtraining
>>
>>24996307
sounds like every single one of your problems was on your end and had nothing to do with lifting. maybe try not being fucking retarded next life
>>
>>24996307
sounds like you overtrained, for years, and ignored other aspects of your life
>>
>>24996307
Sounds like you went full aspie into lifting, cause you got a pump and it felt good so you chase it

You have nobody to blame but yourself
>>
>>24996588
>>24996870
>>24996940
NORMIES LEAVE!! ROOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
add to your list of fuck ups
>blame lifting for all of this when really I'm just retarded
>>
I've already got most of teh same issues and I've only been at it for a bit over a year. Ended up with a hernia, too, which cost me me 5k under obamacare.
>>
>>24996307
This is retarded as fuck. This is like saying water is bad because you drank 10 gallons a day and got sick.

I actually experienced a lot of the negatives you're listing after I STOPPED lifting.
>>
>OLC

huh? olympic somethign?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.