[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frog & Feels - Finals Week Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 18
File: wojak_bartender.jpg (57 KB, 614x389) Image search: [Google]
wojak_bartender.jpg
57 KB, 614x389
Everyone's welcome, but tonight is dedicated to /unifeels/ and the exams that come with them. Come on in and drink your troubles away.
>>
I'm not in Uni, just a wagekek, but the place seems pretty dead. Could I trouble you for a long island?
>>
File: 1400935381739.png (58 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1400935381739.png
58 KB, 750x750
>D in intro to electrical engineering, C in thermo, B in engineering econ, dropped another class
>lie to parents and say I got an A and two C's
>still really disappointed in me

feels bad
>>
>>24995619
Sure thing, anon. I opened up earlier than usual tonight; that might be why it's so quiet in here. How are you doing?
>>
>>24995712
Anyone relate?
or just me being a colossal idiot
>>
>>24995754
Don't lie to your parents about uni grades if they're really bad, anon. If they're bad enough that you'd lose money then they'll find out eventually. Assuming those classes are all the same number of credits, that's still a 2.0 for the semester; could be a lot worse. Want some alcohol for those feels?
>>
H-hello. Do you guys serve tea here? I quit drinking.
>>
>have to write an essay for my 8AM final in 11 hours
>need to study for the exam also

>the next day I have a take-home exam that I haven't started

>the day after that I have a real exam, the hardest one I'll take this semester, probably the one I'll fail
>have only barely studied for it

>don't know what my grades are in some of my classes because my professors for those classes are faggots

On the upside, I feel like I did well on the two exams I had today.

Barkeep, pour me some Jack and keep 'em coming.
>>
File: 1449530907191.jpg (444 KB, 957x1118) Image search: [Google]
1449530907191.jpg
444 KB, 957x1118
>senior in high school
>no idea what I want to do after
>decent GPA, but don't think I could handle all the assignments and exams in college
Should I pick up a trade? Join the military?
I'm losing my goddamn mind.
>>
I'll just have water.

>tfw 3 finals in one day on Wednesday
Just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>24995793
If you're okay with a C average, then no one else has any reason to be upset with it.

>>24995814
We sure do, anon. Black or green?

>>24995818
At any rate, at least you did well on two of your exams. Here's some Jack, I'll leave the bottle.

>>24995833
If you don't feel like you can handle college, just go to trade school. Unless you know what you want to do, college is a massive waste of money. HVAC guys make a ton of money. Only join the military if you can handle the normie-ness of it all.

>>24995847
Cold water coming your way, anon. 3 finals in one day? Have you talked with your profs or the registrar about it?
>>
>>24995185
hey barkeep, rum and coke for me, I hate alcohol but being drunk is better than being sober
>>
>>24995893
Here's a rum and Coke, anon. How are you tonight?
>>
>>24995878
Black. With honey and milk please.

Anyone else here wondering why the fuck do we keep doing things we doing like just to keep on living lives we don't enjoy?
This life is pretty fucking boring at it's best and horrible at it's worst.
>>
>>24995922
Black tea with honey and milk, on the house. A normie would say that you just need to bee yourself, but honestly just do something that you enjoy and make a livable wage at. Happiness is far better than money.
>>
File: don.jpg (209 KB, 899x677) Image search: [Google]
don.jpg
209 KB, 899x677
I'm past the point of no return now. I now have no choice but to move on from my friends that I had to leave, and get my shit together all by myself. I thought I was done with this fucking lonely bullshit in my life. Just fuck my fucking shit up

Get me a whiskey with no gay shit for fuck sakes
>>
Taking classes I've already failed and failing them again.

I fucking hate math, its the reason they took away my scholarship
>>
>>24995906
eh, same old same old, bitter and lonely, I'm a teacher and I fucking hate my life, all my students ridicule me and call me a creep, I know they're just teenagers and their opinion doesn't count for shit, but it hurts... it's like high school all over again
>>
>>24995971
Whiskey straight, comin' right up. Maybe they weren't good people in the first place?

>>24995973
Math can be tough, anon. What is it that's hard for you? The concepts or the application?
>>
>>24995969
I've found something similar but life still feels like what I just mentioned. I don't make enough money to fix myself or be completely independent though. And even if I did it's hard to see the fun in life.
>>
File: c&b old fashioned.jpg (294 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
c&b old fashioned.jpg
294 KB, 500x500
Hey 'keep, can I get an Old Fashioned? First time drinking here, nice place.
>>
>>24995997
IKTF, anon. I'm a TA and get shit all the time from undergrads. The ride never ends, but try to take solace in things you enjoy outside of work.
>>
>>24996034
Have you tried freelance work? Either that or sharing an apartment? Once money isn't a pressing issue, I'm told, life becomes a bit happier.

>>24996036
Sure thing, anon. Thanks for the kind words. Feel free to sit by the fireplace, play a tune on the piano, or drop a quarter in the jukebox if it strikes your fancy.
>>
>>24996009
No, they were really good people. Best friends I've ever had, lots of good memories with them. I had to move away due to some convoluted bullshit and now I live hours away from them in a bigger city and I can only see them like one weekend a month at best because of my part time job.

I guess when you look at it that way I'm not doing as bad as some others on here but fuck me it is painful having to revert back to being friendless for the grand majority of my time, considering how accustomed I got to being around them all the time
>>
>>24996037
that's the worst part, I'm 28 and I've already lost all interest in life, nothing makes me happy anymore, not vidya, not television, hell the high points of my day usually consist of leaving work and witnessing some fine bantz on /int/
>>
>>24996098
Maybe it's time to find some friends nearby. If not, then maybe consider moving closer or finding a medium between the two.
>>
>>24996124
>nothing makes me happy anymore
Have you seen a therapist or counselor, anon? I know it's kind of a meme but they really can help. It might be a chemical imbalance.
>>
>>24996036
Thanks Bartender, I'll go plan /mischief/ by the fire
>>
>>24995185
Final week? Is the frog and feels bar shutting down, its the only bar I go to, but to be fair its the only bar that serves me 2 months underaged. Also my week has been pretty good, slow yet steady progress brings me some hope. I could see myself having more goals at my fingertips in a year or so. Getting gf i like again sounds less alien these days.
>>
>>24996129
I'm optimistic that I'll make friends eventually. I just hate how this fucking garbage had to happen to me in the first place. Meeting my old group of friends was one of the few times in my life where it seemed I got a really good deal, and then just this quickly I've had it almost completely stripped away from me.
>>
>>24996147
that's the thing, I can never really open up to people in real life, I mean I can talk to you guys because most of you are in similar positions that I am in, but whenever it comes to real life I can't talk to people about me and what I really feel, maybe it's just some fear of judgement or something, anyways I doubt I could afford a shrink even if I could talk to one
>>
File: cat1.jpg (128 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cat1.jpg
128 KB, 1920x1080
>last two finals tomorrow
>haven't really studied for any of them

I just want this semester to be over.

Dirty palmer please bartender
>>
>>24996197
Nah, I'm pretty sure it just refers to tests. And yeah, the bartender never checks my I.D...
>>
How goes it bartender? Mind making a dark and stormy? Just graduated yesterday and having a pretty good feel tonight. Good luck to my uni bros. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>24996197
Finals week, anon. Those who suffer from /unifeels/ have final exams this week. Worry not, we're staying open as long as I'm able to keep making threads.

>>24996201
It's a pretty shitty situation, anon. The best thing you can do for yourself is to accept that it happened and instead look for ways to improve it.

>>24996227
Being a teacher, I assume they provide you with some kind of insurance? That should cover most of the cost of a legitimate shrink.

>>24996254
Dirty Palmer for you in a few seconds, anon. Any chance you could cram tonight?

>>24996256
I don't check for I.D. because you're posting on a thread on /r9k/. If someone gives me reason to believe they're a normie, they're promptly kicked out.

>>24996282
Sure thing, Flip. What did you major in?
>>
>>24996310
Im trying to cram at the moment, it's just this stress is killing me

I'm always stressed 24/7
went from smoking cigs once a week to once a day and I can't be bothered to quit because I cant deal with the stress of it

Least tomorrow at 3 its all over, then I have a week of solitude before grades come back and the stress begins again
>>
>>24996383
At least you have all of Christmas break to live the NEET life, right?
>>
>>24996310
Ah OK, well I guess it's safe to descend into some feels then. I feel like I'm waking up, yet I'm also getting confused lately. All my life i knew what I wanted. Since I started meditating for my mental illness I have been changing though. For the better for sure, I drink waaay less, get things done, feel more on the ball. It makes me wonder what I even want though. Do I want another gf like my last, to continue plumbing school, make dough, be with the girl, live a normal life? I sometimes feel like I want to dedicate myself to arts, or go to Tibet and find a teacher. I just don't know anymore.
>>
>>24996310
Psychology. Now I just gotta save up so I can move out the house. Had a pretty good year in all honesty.
>>
>>24996310
yeah I guess your right about my insurance plan covering it, but honestly I still don't think I can actually open up to them or something, because when my dad died at 11 nobody listened to what I had to say, all they said was either too sympathetic and not actually hearing what I was telling them, telling me about their experiences with loss or people who would say toughen up pussy, nobody actually listened to what i had to say, you know what I mean?
>>
>>24996422
no, my minimum wage job is there so Ill be wagekeking it up

but the ironic thing is, I actually like working there, hell I love working there, everybody there likes me and wants to work with me. When I'm there I'm charming and outoging and warm, I dont know why. When I told them I'd be working there for the break everybody got really happy, and the guy who I have crush on seemed happy I was coming back.

Everybody tells me how great university was and how minimum wage jobs were misery incarnate, but some of the happiest years of my life have been at that shitty taco bell.
>>
>>24996487
Do what you think will make you happiest. If that's picking up a trade and living a comfy life, then do that. If it's living in a monastery, then live the monk/NEET life off in the mountains. Pick something then stop at nothing to get it done.

>>24996493
Sounds nice. I'm still sharing an apartment at the moment; can't wait until I'm done with grad school.

>>24996516
Yeah. Shrinks are trained how to help people with that though, rather than making it about themselves or being overly sympathetic. You might as well give it shot, anon.
>>
Enters bar
Realises everyone here is a teenager
Realises all anyone cares about is either getting attention or getting epic lols
Like entering a room full of screaming baby's
Realises one is too good for this board
Realises there is no off topic board that is good
Leaves this thread and leaves this board
>>
Enjoy your care free time at uni while you still can. Soon you will graduate and follow the same soul crushing routine to your cubicle for the rest of your pathetic miserable life.

I'll take a JD on the rocks with plenty of ice boss
>>
>>24996614
sounds like you need a drink anon
>>
>>24996574
Hey anon, as long as you enjoy it, go right ahead.

>>24996614
I'm sorry, anon. We come here to share our feels. Listen to >>24996650 and have a drink.

>>24996639
Jack on the rocks, anon. I avoided the cube life by going to grad school, but yeah it happens eventually.
>>
>>24996650
You know I would love some conversation. Conversation that is not 60 retards spamming a thread and nobody replying to anyone
Not teenagers trying to be contrarian or trolls
Not a group of idiots trying to one up each other with endless pointless arguments
But you are not able to have conversations, none of you are
>>
>>24996580
alrigh, I guess your right, I'll take a chance and go see that shrink, hopefully it can at least help me a bit.
any other anon's have experiences with shrinks that they can share with me?
>>
>>24995185
Hello again bartender. I'll take the usual New York Sour. I'll be getting alot off my chest tonight.

So i'm currently NEET, but trying to decide between eventual Uni or a trade school. On one hand, i do have a passion for teaching music, but if i do that, i'll rack up student loan debt, the initial pay will be shit, assuming i find a position with many schools cutting music programs. Or i could do a trade, which i very well might hate, but make decent money to live on. This is a huge decision, and i'm anxious about it either way.
>>
>>24996713
Ill conversate with you anon, what brings you to this bar? How's your week been?
>>
>>24996678
What you in grad school for if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>24996713
I don't know if you've ever been in here before, but people are usually pretty chill, none of the retarded /r9k/ stuff tends to happen in here.

If you want to talk about something, just start talking to be honest family.
>>
Bourbon on the rocks please.
Being gay sucks. No gay guy I've met seems to care about anything long term, just a short bit of fun. I've done my share of that but now I'm ready to settle down and nobody else wants to. Or it could be that I'm not fit to love but that's a whole nother thing
>>
>>24996713
That's the point of these threads, anon, is to have a sense of camaraderie that we don't get in real life. There should be 5 or 6 of these in the archive from the last week, if you want to give them a look.

>>24996742
NY sour coming right up. From what I hear, trade can be quite comfy, especially something like plumbing or HVAC. On the other hand, if you don't enjoy it then there's not really a point to doing it. Not sure what advice to give you, other than to do what feels best.

>>24996781
Math. I'm just finishing up my third semester at Michigan State.
>>
File: 1340686000439.jpg (14 KB, 256x345) Image search: [Google]
1340686000439.jpg
14 KB, 256x345
>She's a lesbian
Heh, everytime.
>>
File: Kagalooksexceptionallybeautiful.jpg (234 KB, 562x788) Image search: [Google]
Kagalooksexceptionallybeautiful.jpg
234 KB, 562x788
I don't have Finals since I've got passing A's in my classes, but I'm wishing luck to my fellow Unibros.
>>
>>24996818
Bourbon on ice comin' your way. It doesn't really matter what sex we're attracted to, anon; we're all robots or cyborgs anyway.

>>24996852
It happens, anon. Been through that myself once or twice.
>>
>>24996819
Hrm, I was never much good at math. Took behavioral statistics and it basically ripped me a new asshole. Good luck friend. Can I offer you a drink as well?
>>
>>24996902
I don't drink on the job, Flip, but I'll be sure to treat myself to one after my shift tonight. Thanks for that. Can I get you a refill or something from the kitchen?
>>
I find this shit hilarious. All these college kids keep complaining about student debt and finals week yet it's the same story over and over. "I can't believe school costs so much! I'm gonna be in debt forever!" *Slurps down a $12 Starbucks drink*
"Oh my god, this class is so unfair! How does my professor expect me to pass a class if I can't cram for the exam in a single day?!"
There are bad classes and bad professors, but there will be bad bosses and shit tasks. The average college graduate these days hasn't earned shit. It's all been handed to them and that's why degrees aren't worth shit now.
Take some fucking agency in your life and instead of wasting time on the fucking internet complaining, start digging yourself out of the hole in which you put yourself.
>>
>>24996758
You want to talk, lets talk. 90% of your problems don't matter, here is what your real problems are
You think memes can make up for not having a personality
Your parents suffer a lot because of you and you will realize this someday
You will have to get your shit together one day and the longer it takes the harder it will be
People will rely on you no matter what choices you make in life this will happen, its unavoidable
Problems don't disappear and you never ever get a fresh start in life
>>
>>24995185
Hey bartender. I'm not sure if you recall me, but I'm the guy that was always using the dead as a means of escapism from the hellhole he's in. I've somehow managed to dig that hole deeper.

>finally asks grill
>nigger boyfriend literally sits directly behind her in class
>I'm turned down, naturally
>A wild Jamal appears!
>Whips of his shirt IN THE MIDDLE OF CLASS
>Starts throwing punches at me
>Knock niggie to nighttime with one punch to the jaw
>Is taking legal action against me now

What's the strongest poison you got, bartender?
>>
File: feelsbad.gif (749 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
feelsbad.gif
749 KB, 500x269
>>24995185
Don't have much to say this times

My grades are good enough and I won't lose this semester.

Apart from still being a fat autistic virgin manlet, things have been good me in the last weeks

btw, thanks for doing this bartender, you are really helping people out there
>>
>>24996927
Very responsible and professional sir. One more Dark & stormy please.
>>
>>24996972
Anon, please be kind here. I don't appreciate belligerence and neither do any of the patrons. This is a place for robots and cyborgs. If you're not going to be civil, you'll need to find somewhere else to drink.

>>24996993
I've got some damn strong moonshine back here, if you feel like pickling your stomach. If he attacked first, then you have a solid legal ground for defense. If anything, charges should be brought against him for assault. I'm no lawyer, but that seems pretty straightforward to me.

>>24997015
Glad I can help, anon. Want something to drink to ease your mind?

>>24997030
D&S right away, Flip. I do what I can to make sure I can keep this place running smoothly.
>>
>>24995185
Cheese pizza please, don't really feel like drinking right now.

I'm a bit worried, but I think I can do it if I study hard enough.

But I don't really want to tell my parents about how sad I am. I'm worried about what they will do. I've heard tons of horror stories about anti depressants. And I'm worried that if it's an actual mental illness. What if I am not allowed to do some things because of it?

Shit man, I changed my mind about the pizza, I'd like some whiskey.
>>
Finished all of my finals for my first semester of my 2L year of law school. Feels good to be done with evidence, fucking hated that class.
>>
>>24997110
Here's a whiskey, anon. As far as depression, most of the meds don't limit you too much other than a few restricting alcohol consumption. Really, they help most of the time.

>>24997143
I've heard some horror stories about law school, anon. Good on you for being halfway through 2L though. Want a drink to celebrate?
>>
>>24997072
Gimme a round of shine.

To be honest, with the way race movements are going nowadays, I'm terrified I'll either get my ass handed to me because muh privilege, or a riot will stir up. I can only afford so many nigger-popping shells, so I'm just fearing everything.
>>
>>24997110
I tried taking anti depressants a few years ago. Made me feel no emotion what so ever and made me drowsy constantly. Be weary man. And whatever you decide, good luck.
>>
>>24995185
Just a Diet Coke for me, barkeep. I'm finishing CC soon, and I'm going to a college known for parties. Problem is, I want to make new friends, but I don't drink.
>>
Just failed intro chem. My lab grade brought down my overall grade. I want to kill myself right now.
>>
>>24997169
But I've heard that it kind of fucks with your sex drive.

Hopefully it is just a meme.

Play this on the jukebox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1W0O0bjo4w
>>
>>24997178
Here's your moonshine, anon. Is it being addressed through the school or through the city? Makes a difference.

>>24997199
Diet Coke on the house, anon. Maybe go to parties and just don't drink alcohol. As long as you have a red cup in your hand, the normies won't know the difference.

>>24997230
Feels bad, anon. Labs are always tricky. Want a solution of ethanol?

>>24997241
Go right ahead, anon. 3 plays for a quarter, otherwise it just plays stuff on shuffle all night.
>>
>>24997072
I'm not into drinking so it's up to you barkeep

also, any song recommendation? I was looking for something "easy" to listen and deep at the same moment, like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HClJUTFVGM0
>>
File: cat2.jpg (51 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
cat2.jpg
51 KB, 1600x900
>>24996990
>90% of your problems don't matter
I don't know man, a majority of my problems revolves around school, so that seems pretty important to me
>I think memes can make up for not having a personality
Me online vs me in real life are different, I spout memes on r9k sure, but I wouldn't ever be caught dead using that shit IRL
>your parents suffer a lot because of me and I will realize it
I already know that I cause my parents a lot of shit ands that's part of the 90% of the problems that 'don't matter'
>I will have to get my shit together eventually
I am very aware of this as well, part of my 90%
>people will rely on you no matter what choices you make
This is a true statement
>problems don't disappear and you never ever get a fresh start in life
Why do you think I'm drinking

now enough about me, why are you so uptight tonight?
>>
>tfw constantly paranoid that prof wont round up my grade to a pass. a point and a half off and she is a nice lady but I still feel she will not do it.
>>
>>24997267
Here's a Long Island iced tea. As far as music goes, I'm afraid I can't recommend much. The jukebox is always available though.
>>
>>24997261
I'll have the 95% rectified spirit please. Just straight up, no additives or anything that goes with it. I want to forget everything.
>>
>2.04 dollars in bank account
>nothing to eat

Starvation take me soon.
>>
>>24997316
Here you are, anon. Just be careful with this stuff, okay?

>>24997322
Those dubs'll get you something free from the kitchen, anon. What do you want?
>>
>>24997261
It will be addressed through the city. However, I've heard it'll be going through the higher ups at the college too.

Another round pls
>>
>>24997338
Hey Bartender. I tried, I really tried on those exams and I did well. But it's that lab grade that's worth 25% of my grade. I can't even believe that this just happened. Contacted all my professors. Nothing looks up for me. Thinking of switching majors at this point.
>>
Have A's and B's in all my other classes. Except for my language class. I barely have a D. The final is tomorrow and I just want to give up. Give me something random bartender.
>>
>>24997322
Maybe you could try looking for the restaurants that dump out extra food. Might not be the healthiest thing to eat, but it's at least better then a slow death by starvation.
>>
>>24996993
>going to a modern Western college
well there's your problem tbhfamiliam. unless you're studying STEM or something, doing that as a white male is just a dangerous waste of money and time
>>
>>24995185
No troubles here, bartender. My finals were last week and my lowest score was a 90%. I'm pulling a 4.0 in chemistry and a 3.8 in calculus and econ. Time to celebrate - gin and tonic please.
>>
>>24997462
Amen brother. I'll be honest, I'm here on a full scholarship. I joined a program that looks for talented and intelligent kids when I was in the first grade and worked my ass of since. I have no clue how the hoodtrash got into the school, however. Even if the people who take care of that stuff are always picking the apes, this is ridiculous even by their standards.
>>
>>24997338
Just an oatmeal stout.

And seriously fuck this gay ass captcha shit
>>
>>24997376
Sure thing. I never understood why colleges felt the need to get involved, honestly. It's a police matter at this point.

>>24997400
Maybe that's what's necessary, anon. I'm not huge on fate, but maybe that's what this is.

>>24997517
G&T for you, anon. Congratulations on the good grades.

>>24997692
Oatmeal stout for you, anon. Captchas are horrendous; it's making me do two every time now.
>>
>>24995185
I'm at my wits end. I had plenty of time to study but i didn't start until saturday anyway. Around midnight I just stood up and realized that all the work I had been doing meant shit. I went home angry and wanted to blow off some steam, so I invited my roommates to go on a L cruise while I just hooned around. Well I end up on this dirt road and I'm speeding along and suddenly a gigantic puddle swallows my car. I managed to get home, but now my car is fucked and i don't have time to fix it until after finals. The next day I still couldnt study for jack shit and slammed my phone on the ground. I'm carless, phoneless, and about to fail my other two finals. Gin and tonic if you can.
>>
>>24997298
I growed up, I realize that what I did was wrong but it doesn't matter, what it matters is that what I'm doing is wrong. I'm irresponsible. I want to pretend that the last 4 years didn't matter. I just my ass chasing a dream everyday but my mom is poor and my sister is mentally retarded.my parents are going to die and they are counting on me to take care of her when it happens, they could die tomorrow and I would be all alone with her and I'm not ready and I don't want to be ready
>>
3000 word essay due for wednesday and haven't started.

Can't do it because I've chosen a thesis that I can't do and its theory so I have no fucking clue what to write.

Probably just gonna do a referral for next semestar.
>>
>>24997875
I just wish my sister could be normal. I have no scope of what she will be able to do, she may be mentally 4 forever, she is going to be all the family I have left and I have no support network, nothing
>>
>>24997959
There's gotta be something the government can do anon. It might just be a tax break, but there has to be something.
>>
>got a B in physics
So long, 4.0.

Vodka on the rocks, please.
>>
>>24997959
There is this popular book where a poor family has a grandma they can't support, its a funny story the grandma only cares about eating and the family gets poorer and poorer and at the end one after the other ends up dying until the youngest one who refused to work ends u P alone with the grandma and ends up killing himself
>>
A Long Island iced tea, Bartender...

I still haven't found a job, and my bank account is dry. Two more weeks until payments start being due. Still haven't registered for classes. Have to stop smoking because every job seems to drug test these days. I was clean for three weeks, but gave into temptation last Saturday... Think I'll just consign myself to alcoholism, since that's more socially acceptable...
>>
Finals are done

Grades are in and they're all As

I feel really good

Someone give me inspiration music
>>
>>24998009
It's not about money
>>
>>24998048
Check out "Victory", by Two Steps From Hell.
>>
>>24998048
Touch of grey
>>
Dark beer please. I'm gonna vent a lot right now.

Not finals for me, but still full of tests. I'm half-semester in because my dear university was on strike for like 4 months. I'm finishing this semester in march of next year (when it should this month).

I have two tests tomorrow. I have studied like hell for one of them, since it's on an assignment I failed last year and can't afford to fail again. The worst thing it's the first test OF THE SEMESTER in this assignment, which is good and bad. It's good because if I do fuck up, I can still fix it for the next one, but that would also mean a lot of pressure for the next tests, and exactly that was what killed me last year.
On the other hand, I haven't studied shit for the other test. I have good notes and the first test went swell, so I'm not too scared, but still.

In general I'm scared of this semester. For starters, I lost my studentship because I failed a particular class last semester (which was kinda obvious with the whole 4-month strike). My reinstitution as student has been on stall for 2 months, because a lot of people are in my same situation and the bureaucrats at my uni are trying to sort everything out and everything is hell. Because of this, I'm in a big limbo. I still go to classes, still take tests and still study, so I'm still an student in everything but paper. I still have the scholarship that keeps me on uni, luckily, but if this problem doesn't sort out soon I might lose it.

I'm tired of this. I'm tired of being scared. If I got told anything, at least I could mourn or celebrate, but being in this limbo where I don't actually know if I'm still in or out keeps me on the edge, trying to do everything to not fail, even if I might have already.

It fucking sucks and I want it to end.
>>
>tfw no gf
give me a classic drink for this classic feel
>>
>>24998048
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oomCIXGzsR0
>>
>>24997848
G&T for you, anon. Don't worry, we're all gonna make it. It might happen the way we think it will, but it's gonna happen.

>>24998014
Vodka on rocks comin' your way, anon. Sorry to hear about the loss of your 4.0, but it happens to most everybody eventually.

>>24998048
Congratulations, anon. Have a beer on the house.

>>24998092
Is Smithwick's okay? If you don't want stout, I have a good red ale on tap too. Are you at Mizzou? Heard about all the shit going on there. Best of luck to you anon, be strong.

>>24998097
How about an old-fashioned for a traditional feel, anon?
>>
Exams are killer as far as my stress levels go. I'm in grad school, so grades aren't everything. It's still frustrating, though.
I have a final tomorrow, the day after, and a take-home due that night as well. I can't help but procrastinate since I don't feel too attached to many of the exams.

Not really too upset, it'll all be over soon. Just a something to work through. Throw me a scotch old enough to take home when the night's over.
>>
I'll take a bartender, please.
>>
>>24998073
I'm going to be all alone with her and the urge to run away is too big but the guilt is too strong
>>
>>24998194
I've got Glenlivit 18 year single malt back here, anon, if that's okay. Take it from me, grad school's a bitch but it's a lot more comfy than undergrad. Semester's almost over, just power through it.

>>24998195
Very funny, anon.
>>
>mfw was gonna ask for hot cocoa when I remembered I left it in the fridge
Fuck

Some caffeine water would be appreciated bartendie
>>
>>24998240
And I just want to grab my dad and scream at him you are going to die, and what will I do? What will my sister do? Stop pretending it won't happen. What the fuck am I going to do when she asks for daddy or mommy?
>>
>>24998149
>Is Smithwick's okay?
Sure, why not.

I'm not from the US, I'm from some sudaca country. Around here it's common for my uni to go on a strike or two every two years, but this one has been one of the longest so far. Not THE longest, but long enough and in the worst time (just in the middle of the first semester, so barely any grades on very few assignments in almost all careers).

I understand why these strikes happen and agree at some point, but it's such bullshit that they drag on for so damn long. And actually I don't blame the student's organizations as much as I do the bureaucrats up top. They let this shit drag on for long because it's better for them that everybody (employees and students) get fucked in the ass than they losing any of their money or power if they give in on anything the student's organizations ask.
Not that the organizations go without guilt though. Many of these kids are just puppets from political parties or militants that are starting a political career from the ground up. Once they get the representation they want, they forget what they were supposedly fighting for and let the next generation of puppets to take in.

In general, everything is bullshit.
Thanks for the good wishes, I appreciate it.
>>
>>24998240
You can pay someone to help you, it's a whole profession. Or maybe a charity or community service group that does this kind of stuff.
>>
>>24998380
Sure thing, anon. Let me grab some out of the cooler for you.

>>24998397
Sounds pretty rough, anon. Hang in there.
>>
>>24998465
You still don't get it, its not about money
>>
>>24998513
I'm sorry anon, I don't really know what it feels like to have a crushing burden like that, I'm just trying to help how I can.
>>
File: 1409525622688.jpg (18 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1409525622688.jpg
18 KB, 400x386
28th birthday today. Still haven't had an adult relationship. It doesn't help I work at night and don't get out much. Going to try and change my job.
>>
>>24998513
I'm so fucking angry at my dad, at least my mother is concerned about it. You have a sister, a fully capable sister, she helped you when your mother died you piece of shit, why are you leaving me alone with a mentally challenged one. At least have another kid, you have another 10 good years on you I don't want to be alone with her
>>
>Failing all my classes
>Pretty much stopped eating months ago, only surviving on the bare minimum needed to survive
>Weight has dropped significantly
>Put my noose back together that I spent last semester putting my head in everyday
>Have finally come up with a design for it that ensures maximum efficiency
>College was my last reason to live and I have officially failed my parents who gave me everything I wanted
>Only here because without school I would just have a mcjob or something
>Have been an outcast everywhere I go for years which has made me increasingly reclusive
>Only go out when absolutely needed and when I do I just get laughed at for minding my own business
>Am probably considered a professional victim by most of society, but know myself that I have every reason to feel the way I do
>Mental and physical health declining and feel like a monster when out in public
>People stare at me when I walk past them like I'm some kind of freak
My death would have no positive or negative impact on the world whatsoever, I can't wait to get it over with. I don't exist, so it changes nothing. But I'll probably just pussy out and keep on living like I always do only to regret it later. Other people seem like NPCs in a videogame at this point and I will never form a meaningful connection with any of them. I feel like my mind died years ago but my body still hasn't received the memo. Hit me with a rum and coke, barkeep.
>>
>>24998590
Nobody here knows what a real problem feels like, they may know grief I give you that. How can I move on with my life like this, knowing what is awaiting me. How can they blame me for being stuck like this
>>
>don't feel excited about the holidays anymore

I miss it so much, I remember being younger, even just a few years ago, when the last half of november and the entirety of december would be the most exciting shit due to hearing christmas songs, shopping for people, and hell even the commercialism some of those commercials were comfy as fuck. I enjoyed watching christmas movies from the 30s-40s and now I don't even enjoy watching them.
>>
>>24998618
We'll all make it eventually, anon. Have a drink.

>>24998654
Don't kill yourself, anon. Here's a rum and Coke. Have you tried professional help?
>>
>>24997875
How old is she

Fucking bot 02i5h
>>
>>24998746
You know shit don't you? What do I do about my sister? I see you replying to everyone but me
>>
>>24998802
I'm sorry, anon, I just honestly don't know what to tell you to do in this situation. I've never been in anything like that before. Are there any friends who are "almost family" that would be willing to share a living space with the two of you?
>>
>>24998767
10 she is ten year old and she can't speak. She can communicate. She can't understand that people aren't there and constantly asks for mommy and daddy when one of them isn't there, she asks for granny, aunty and uncle. Not in full words too
>>
File: 1450148051827.png (15 KB, 286x329) Image search: [Google]
1450148051827.png
15 KB, 286x329
>last two final exams tomorrow
>have As in both classes, put off studying until today
>pretty confident that I can catch up and review enough to maintain an A
>start studying today
>holy shit this is a lot of information
>will probably lose my As, hopefully I don't fuck up bad enough to get a C
>already 11 hours studying today

Fuuuuuck. I think I'm at the point where sleep will do me better than any more studying. But it always takes me hours to fall asleep the night before a test. I had two full weeks off to study and I waited until the last goddamn day.
>>
>>24998746
I've had years of therapy and support from family ever since I almost hung myself back in 2011. Since I'm at uni I don't see my therapist anymore. My parent's know about my impending failing out of school. They also know about me no longer eating, my dad cried when I told him that I don't want to eat anymore, and afterwards my mom just told me to snap out of it. I'm no longer going to discuss my issues with my parents. They speak with the best of intentions, but they say the same things every time. What they say always delves into guilt tripping about how other people have it worse and how I shouldn't feel this way. I have 2 older sisters, but I don't want to bum them out by talking to them about my issues. I've not only dealt with poor mental health, but also traumatizing physical health problems. At this point I'm just tired, I want to go to sleep and never wake up. The only reason I haven't ended it is because the logistics of suicide are rather complicated. I'm just waiting to die at this point.
>>
>>24995185
Ill take a beer

>tfw girlfriend keeps telling me she hates me
>calls me a horrible person
>hits me
>wants me out of her life
>keeps telling me to get out of her life and move out of her house.

what the fuck man, guess it is hard living with a schizotypal (me) with OCD
>>
File: 1446147322320.jpg (15 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1446147322320.jpg
15 KB, 228x221
Seltzer with a slice of lime please.
>>
>>24998841
No, I got nothing. I should get a job and trick an ugly girl into marring into a miserable life with me or something
>>
>>24995185
>tfw my laptop is on its last legs
>have to do project on this piece of shit before the week is through
>>
>>24998744
Me neither. I can't even watch those old clay movies because they're too nostalgic and remind me of my childhood.
Those were the days when I was happy and not lethargic and cynical.
>>
I'm 20 years old and i wouldn't mind moving back to mom's. Not because i want to be a NEET, but because i like living with her and she's funny and she cooks food for me.

I don't know if you or anyone cares bartender. Thinking about these things because i'm dropping out of college and i need to decide where to move, a normal apartment, mom's, a new country or wherever.

It just feels like wanting to be with your family is a bad thing? Like yeah you should get a gf and live with her, but i can't get a gf. A cold beer please.
>>
Wanting to die, 3000 word essay due in wednesday and haven't started.

Only doing this course so I don't have to get a real jobm since most jobs are just shit and only serve to perpetuate an already meaningless existence.
>>
>>24998991

S T A R T N O W
T
A
R
T

N
O
W
>>
>>24998991
Shit, what on? I can usually bang out 3-4 pages in a day if I really bullshit them, haven't gotten a bad grade yet but maybe I've been lucky.
>>
>>24998860
Not much you can do now but minimize damage, anon. Do what you think will hurt your grade the least.

>>24998862
Just tell yourself that you'll make it another day. Hell, another hour if you have to.

>>24998872
Here's your beer anon.
>gf
Careful.

>>24998887
>missed quads by one
Here's your seltzer, anon. What's on your mind?

>>24998907
My advice would be to do nothing but the project until it's done. Unfortunately, that includes cutting out 4chan until the project is over. Godspeed, anon.

>>24998975
Cold beer for you, anon. You should live somewhere comfy, that's for sure. Out in the country or in a quiet apartment, probably.

>>24998991
Begin immediately. Here's a coffee to get you started.
>>
>>24995754
If you can get an A in Calculus, you can make it in EE. If you can't, you need to consider changing majors.
>>
>>24999021
>>24999040
It's on theory, I'm doing a shitty art course and have no idea what to talk about since the thesis I've chosen doesn't really feel as though I can talk about it.
>>
File: 1449777625846.jpg (82 KB, 555x526) Image search: [Google]
1449777625846.jpg
82 KB, 555x526
>>24995185
>Had straight A's up until a few weeks ago
>Slack off in calc, grade drops to a B
>Bomb the final, could end up with a C

And to add insult to injury

>Work out with qt from english class friday night
>Make plans to drink with her tonight
>She sees me briefly at school, tells me she'll text me
>Texts me to cancel plans 10 minutes before my calc final

JUST

Oh and I'll take a whiskey sour
>>
>>24999096
Here's your whiskey sour, anon. If she cancels plans last-minute, she's probably not the kind of qt you want to be friends or in a relationship with.
>>
>>24999096
Do you honestly think that she didn't feel comfortable drinking with you or do you think it could have been just circumstantial?
>>
>>24999083
>art course
>no idea what to talk about
>theory

Kek, are you serious?
>>
>>24998848
I know someone that can relate to you.

Friends sister is 30something with the mind of a 5 year old, it doesn't get better with age.

Have you considered a caretaker?

>>24998872
Wtf did you do

>>24998862
>suicidal
>health problems
-hugs-

Been suffering with intrusive suicidal thoughts for eight years on top of having seizures, kidney disease and various medical problems.
>>
I am miserable. First off I am trying to get into university, but I barely do any of my work at college as it is. I'm on so many pills I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't cum. I have a cute 16 year old girlfriend who I like and is fun to fuck with my four inch cock but fuck if it isn't horribly pointless. All I look forward to is getting back to my room to get high and watch television. Should I just become a heroin addict or something?
>>
>>24998841
At least I got it all out of my system. I'm going to keep being a neet and eating like shit now and do so until its too late and everything starts crumbling down. I said it's not about money and it isn't. My dad has plenty of money, my uncle has a BMW and his own business. My grandma has a million dollar apartment. It's my mom that is poor only. I could just throw her into an institution but mentally challenged people get abused there and then aped. Caregivers do the same, there is no one I can trust and she will keep asking for me and I don't want to live with her. I honestly don't know how the fuck will I get through my parents death, non of you will but I'm aware of it and its crushing me I get nightmares every night
>>
>>24999055
>>24998862
My Dad picks me up after my last exam on Thursday and I'm seeing Star Wars with my Aunt on Friday. Just 2 more days.
>>
>>24999191
To rape her and abuse her?
My father's side grandma got cancer and ended up retarded too. She had a caretaker. A succession of caretakers that had to get fired because each did something more awful than the previous one
>>
>>24999194
I can't say I encourage drugs, anon, but sometimes they do the trick. You should know there's no turning back once you start, though.

>>24999195
I wish I knew of something I could do to help, anon.

>>24999216
2 more days, anon. I'm seeing Star Wars on Thursday night with some guys I play D&D with; pretty excited/anxious to see what JJ Abrams did with it.
>>
>>24999149
Pretty sure it was a planned flake. I texted her saturday, told her to leave monday night open, she texted back and said she was free monday night. I responded, said we could have some drinks and she didn't text back at all. Fast forward to tonight, last day of classes together ever (I'm transferring, leaving in a month) and she flakes on me because she's busy "cleaning with her roomies." I mean at least she could've come up with a halfway plausible lie tb.h f a m
>>
>>24999136
Sound advice, keep
>>
>>24999311
move on, there's nothing for you there. Bitches like that treat people like commodities.
>>
>>24999280
It's not like she'd know whats happening

There are nursing homes for speds too.

>>24999311
She's fucking chad, forget her.
>>
I have an early exam tomorrow lads, so I'll have to close up shop in half an hour or so. Might be back later tonight, depending on some things. Best of luck to all of you.
>>
Failed normy here if you guys will have me. Scotch neet barkeep. Things seem to keep churning but nothing goes anywhere.
>>
>>24999083
Hey, do a shit ton of research. Just spend a few hours tomorrow reading about theory from various angles. When you get an angle you like, bang out a few pages.

If you're so stressed about it, half ass the length but exhaustively research.
>>
Just finished my hardest exam wojack i can be drunk for the next week before having to do some very light work!
Give me something comfy!
>>
>>24999681
Issue is that its about an artist I've chosen only to realize there isn't any theory about him.

Probably just gonna give up to be honest.
>>
>statistics final tomorrow morning, 9 hours from now.
>doing well in every other class but I'm fucking retarded in statistics.
>55 average in the class, got a 60 and a 43 on the last 2 tests.
>all that I have left is the final.
>the professor told me that if I pass the final, she'll pass me with a D for the class, and I'll be on my way.
>there's no way I'm going to remember all this shit for the final.

Fuck me /r9k/, I'm screwed for this.

Just going to waste my evening here, I'm sure. Probably put as many things as I can remember as notes in the TI-83 calculator, and hope for the best.

The professor is 82 years old so I doubt she'd be able to figure out how to clear the calculators or any of that.

Wish me luck.
>>
>>24999733
Just change artists, assuming that a different artist is preferable to doing nothing at all here.
>>
>>24999817

Statistics is easy. Just study instead of pissing your time away here. You'll be glad you did it tomorrow, trust me.
>>
>>24999817
what are you doing in stats?
>>
>>24999896
The main problem is that I have a really shitty memory so I forget all the necessary commands for the calculator most of the time.

I need a math credit and I didn't know what I was getting myself into.
>>
>huge project due in a day and a half
>nowhere near finished
>still can't focus at all, just shitting on 4chan
kill me
>>
>>25000028
why don't you write down the commands for specific functions and just run simulations of those same commands over and over?
>>
Nothing to drink for me, but I'm gonna smoke this if I can.

I just got out of the hospital for depression; ask me anything
>>
File: 1407943374331.jpg (832 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1407943374331.jpg
832 KB, 2560x1440
>tfw 20k in student debt
>tfw 2.8 gpa
>tfw dropped two classes this year.
>first one I had to concentrate on not crying through the midterm, and I made a 58 on that
>second one I didn't even show up to the second test
>my last two classes I'm probably going to get C's in
>lost full ride scholarship
>parents constantly remind me how much of a fuckup I am
>I know

I actually started going to therapy but had to stop after two sessions because they were 25 bucks a pop, I got scheduled with somebody to possibly get on some medication, but I overslept and I missed it, that was another 30 dollars

It's really difficult to describe how I watched my mother turn from being proud of what I did and happy. I remember how happy she was going to high school award ceremonies, and how she would look at me when I walked up to get the award. She used to tell all her friends about how well I was doing. Now when she looks at it's like she just see's another problem that needs to be solved. I'm just another burden that needs to be taken care of.

I think I might kill myself on new years, Ill just walk out into the forest, find a nice tree, and just hang myself. If I'm lucky they won't find the body so at least my parents won't have to know that their fuckup son offed himself. It would be just another problem they would have to take care of

Sorry for being such a downer, vodka straight please.
>>
I'm only popping in, wish I could grab a beer but I need my energy to cram for tomorrow. Could use a coffee if you got one.
>>
Adaptative Ecology final exam on Wednesday. I had 86% at the midterm. I wanna keep a high grade but at the same time I've used all of my motivation for the semester. I'm trying to write down a summary of what I have to memorize but I won't have time to finish it tomorrow. Should I just read the course notes over and over until the exam? Almost on my third year in Bio and I still haven't found a way to memorize a maximum of information. Just gin me up f@m. Should I even caree about grades if I don't plan of doing a masters and a Ph.D?
>>
>>25000077
Well, I've got nothing to lose at this point so I'd may as well give it a shot.
>>
>>25000182
>It's really difficult to describe how I watched my mother turn from being proud of what I did and happy.
Damn, can't remember what it feels like to have someone proud of you. Even if they were now I would just not agree with them.
>>
I have an exam in 7 and a half hours.

Got anything that will put me to sleep real fast, barkeep? I'm going to need as much energy as possible for this one.
>>
Yo, you still around bartender? I just want anything caffeinated right now.
Gonna play a csgo match then study all night for exam at 8am. Then crash all day and hopefully find another f&f thread when I become coherent again
>>
>>25000213
bio student here as well, but only in first year after fucking up in engineering for 3 years. What are you gonna do with just a bachelors degree?
>>
>>25000277
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlZ6biznC0
>>
>>25000277
Yeah, it's called a "get the fuck off the computer and go to sleep." I'll just need to grab more "you want to do well on this, so prioritize it by resting" from the "your bed" to make it for you. Why don't you "sleep" to pass the time?
>>
>come to /r9k/
>another day where I cannot help but be sad and disappointed about the overall quality and state of the board yet can do absolutely nothing to ever change this and will never see this place restored to its former glory
:-(
>>
>>25000297
I have no idea, Cramy. I keep hearing that getting a job is real hard in this field. I dunno, maybe I'll find something interesting to do a masters later. I doubt it'll happen because I'm sick of living at home. I wanna move out but I need money and staying at uni any longer won't get me cash. Also, overqualifying myself won't help me either.
>>
>>25000000
>>24999999
bbjgd cyihb dssuiooo fsvju
>>
>>25000503
Having just the bachelors degree will open up doors for you anyway, just might be a different field than science.
>>
I want friends desperately, but my personality is too abrasive to keep people around.

I'm too ugly to even bother with Okcupid, but I think about it often. I've already wrote everything I would put on my profile.
>>
>>25000568
just do it. you can't lose anything

i want to make one but i have no pictures of myself
>>
I ended up not having to present like I thought yesterday
>>
>>25000767
you don't understand, man. I'm not delusional about my looks. I'm a legit 2/10 sperg. It makes me sick just to look at myself. No one would ever choose to hang out with me.
>>
>>25000859
people will hang out with ugly fucks if they're not assholes, so you should probably work on that.
>>
File: whiskey.gif (1 MB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
whiskey.gif
1 MB, 384x288
I'll have a dram of Glenfiddich... 12 if you got it.

This place makes me feel so comfy... Thank you bartender for helping me get through the week.
>>
>>24995185
>Got A in Calc III, Physics, and History
>Fucking C in Biology, barely passed
>No dean's list this semester like I wanted to

Better luck next time, I guess.
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.