[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide I'm going to college, don't want to rely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
File: CS.jpg (669 KB, 1280x1240) Image search: [Google]
CS.jpg
669 KB, 1280x1240
>decide I'm going to college, don't want to rely on autism bux in the future
>decide on cs major
>realize any money I make will be autism bux

welp
>>
>>24994447
I do programming as my job never been to college but I make plenty of money. If you just decided to do CS because of the money you should kill yourself. You are like most women who go into CS suck then go to an interview and get a job because of boobs
>>
>>24994447
>If you just decided to do CS because of the money you should kill yourself.
Words of wisdom
>>
Most of the people I've met in the 2ish years out of my Math/CS program were normal.
>>
File: smugwojak.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>24994447
who future soldier here?
>>
>>24994550
I broke my back doing programming since I am 12 years old not having any friends being a loser and then some stupid asshole thinks he will go to college do shit and earn a lot? I could never go to college my parents never supported me but I loved programming only thing I was good at.
>>
>>24994510
How did you get employers to take your skills seriously without experience or education?

I'm self taught and consider myself well within junior developer skillset, but i always get rejected as i have virtually no academic training.

Will an online course remedy this somewhat, what the fuck do i do to get noticed?
>>
>>24994447
>autism
>programming is a job where you communicate with people daily

also this >>24994550
>>
>>24994646
People who think they are "nerds" or "geeks" and thus should earn a lot of money are idiots while you assembled your "gaming computer" bought with mommys money thinking you are some kind of computer pro I was working on my pentium 3 learning about the http protocol.

You are just normies that's it and fuck normies.
>>
File: 1313592506575.jpg (20 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1313592506575.jpg
20 KB, 268x265
I'm going into an IT major because I'm too much of a dumbfuck for CS.

How do I prevent myself from the culling of a helpdesk job and actually find employment?
>>
>>24994646
>12 years old
underage b&
>>
>>24994728
>IT
is pretty much a helpdesk job
>>
>>24994651
Do you have projects to show off? Or do you do like those normies who only do school projects. Of course I could make money when at 17 I showed projects people who where 40 didn't find easy to make.

>>24994691
I am socially retarded and I can talk to clients.
>>
>>24994742
since
>>24994728
yeah that's what OP should be doing being good at "computers" doesn't mean being good at programming also you will be earning shit helping normies with retarded problems
>>
>>24994832
My goal is get employed at a college in their IT department, because helping out brainless middle age intellectuals is kind of a joke when i think about it. Plus I live in a big city
>>
So any normies here studying CS here because you can't be good at CS and be a normie
>>24994879
If you like doing that that's cool
>>
>>24994728

get certifications? I don't know
>>
So any normie who thinks he is good here?
>>
>>24994832
I'm OP. I'm actually a couple years into it, enjoy it, and am getting quite good. This post was just a sad observation that I made recently. You are an ass.
>>
>>24995340
>>24995303
are you mad that you suck normie
I just cam here to argue with normies who do cs for the money so are you good are you
are you
>>24995340
so what do you know I will show you that you are all normies who know nothing

YES I AM AUTISTIC BUT I AM BETTER THEN YOU NORMIES
>>
why the delete friend
>>24995303 said:
Way to make a lot of assumptions you autistic tripfag fuck.
>>
>>24995368
Please die. You are l i t e r a l l y the worst poster on this board, and that says a lot considering how fucking shitty /r9k/ is.
>>
>>24995400
of course I am but are you better at programming then me normie?
>>
>>24995368
>you are all normies who know nothing
>YES I AM AUTISTIC BUT I AM BETTER THEN YOU NORMIES

The day you realize that life isn't a competition will be the day you break entirely. You're delusional.
>>
>>24995452
never was a competition just saying that normies can't program want to prove me wrong normie?
>>
>>24994616
I graduated and have not had any calls back after lots of applications, considering military now.
>>
>>24995514
>I graduated
Any projects you wrote?
No jobs because all the normies are doing CS for money.
If you want a job find a niche in programming and do that that's what I do now. If you don't want a job do php .net java...
>>
So which normie thinks he is hot shit here?
>>
I LIKE THIS SONG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34iaDgx_ERU
do you like it
>>
God the tripfag is so aggressively autistic that it's actually impressive
>>
>>24995691
I am an autist that's who the programming money belongs to not to filthy normies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHpUMgAGLtM'

nerd life
>>
I will ask a simple question and all these cs normie fags won't even be able to answer it

where is does ascii character 0x0 symbolize in a C character array?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zH_nQDZ10k

btw this is a noob question if you can't answer it after "years" of programming you should kill yourself.
>>
>>24995891
where is = what
>>
other simple question:
under windows does a character in string have 1 byte or 16 bits
>>
NORMIES
CANT
CODE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgDm5GXf34I
>>
other very very simple question what is the macro which would have probably defined the BYTE type in C++

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSleA-DOpOM
>>
NORMIES
ROASTED

NORMIES CAN NOT CODE
NORMIES CRY THAT THEY WILL NOT BE HIRED
NORMIES CALL ME AUTIST NORMIES HAVE TO JOIN ARMY AND GET THEMSELVES KILLED
>>
so when will you answer my very very simple questions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stpiQiySOHE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieDBrlKnaAM
I WILL NOT REST TILL YOU ANSWER MY QUESTIONS NORMIES

IF YOU CAN ANSWER ALL 3 OF MY QUESTIONS AND YOU ARE A NORMAL FAGGOT I WILL GRANT YOU ONE WISH
>>
Any Datafags on? I'm thinking of starting up Data Architecture soon
>>
So none of you are going to answer :)
normies can not program for shit
being able to complete some shit c# program doesn't mean programming
>>
>>24996328
this can be interesting go for it!
>>
>>24995891
>>24995964
>>24996049
Answer these normies anyone who has done a bit of CS should be able to
>>
so no normie in the universe can answer one baby question wew lad

>>24996397
>>
>tfw dropping out of CS to deliver pizza
this shit is killing me, i just wanna program on my own
>>
>>24996553
answer my questions if you can't you should be delivering my pizza instead of wasting your money on CS degree
>>
FUCKING NORMIES CAN NOT EVEN ANSWER A BABY QUESTION THEN CRY THEY HAVE TO BE WAGESLAVES
>>
NORMIES NORMIES REEEE HIHIHI
CANT CS
NORMIES CANT CS
NROMIESSSSSSSSSSS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
NORMIES ON LIFE SUPPORT HAAHAHAHAHAHA NORMIES
jajajajaja

>>24996397
JUST ANSWER THESE
>>
>>24994775
What kind of projects did you do?
>>
>>24994447
Is that picture ironic? The person who made it doesn't seem to have the first idea what CS is about.
>>
I am in utter awe at how autistic tripfags can truly be
>>
>>24996620
Yo let me break your world for a bit. This probably won't change your mind, but it will instill doubt in your mind which is good enough: There are better looking, more socially competent people that can program better than you.
That C string thing we learned within the first week of our imperative programming class. I'm not defending CS though, since the CS classes are basically "buy this book then learn everything for the tests".

There's tons of attractive normies studying CS and engineering here, honestly going to campus most of them are. Also, the ones who are in it for the money usually dropout within the first year because it's hard and they have no interest.
>>
>>24997032
you know what you're completely right lmao

>PHOTOSHOP
>MACINTOSH
>CD-ROM
>2011
>BROADBAND
>>
>>24996877
Do you speak english?
>>
>>24997047
this

sorry to bust your balls europoor tripfag but normies are taking over CS and they're probably better than you because they work in the bay area
>>
>>24997047
answer my questions normal fag they are baby questions.
>>24997133
I am moving too santa rosa next year and I never went to uni because I got a job over there
>>
>>24995891
>ascii character 0x0 symbolize in a C character array?
Character arrays in C are null terminated. 0x0 is just NULL, isn't it? I've only taken a couple of my CS classes thus far so I'm still shit. But I think I am correct here.

Hell, can't answer the other 2.
>>
>>24997234
yes right for the first one a very very question
now answer the other ones which are even easier normies
>>
>>24994447
>see OP image
>has Macintosh, Leopard
>has Windows
>no Linux

Designer confirmed for shit.
>>
>>24997220
I'm not a normie. Anyway can you help me get a job? I always program on my own, making games mostly. You said you need to find a niche where the jobs are at, so what kind of jobs are those and what do you do?
>>
>>24997367
I work on security. Just learn to program write a lot of projects showing you can program and look for some jobs.
>>
>>24995964
>under windows does a character in string have 1 byte or 16 bits
Depends on the application and how it chooses to internally represent characters.

With ASCII it's a byte per character, but with variable-length encodings like UTF-8 it could be more.

Unless you're talking about the old Windows-1252 encoding, which is a byte per character.

>>24996049
>what is the macro which would have probably defined the BYTE type in C++
There is no "byte" type in the C++11 standard.

There's a "char" type defined in the standard, if that's what you're looking for. There's also uint8_t and int8_t types in the standard.
>>
>>24995514
this, me too senpai im just so dumb im considering the army tbhfam
>>
>>24997715
>probably defined
I said macro you moron say someone defined BYTE what what would it probably be also windows has multibyte encoding which is one byte per chacter and unicode which is 2 bytes per character and it's not utf-8 btw

get gud normies
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.