[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everyone freaking out about Star le all of a sudden? Every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13
File: star-wars-force-awakens.jpg (332 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-force-awakens.jpg
332 KB, 1920x1080
Why is everyone freaking out about Star le all of a sudden? Every normie and their mother is acting like they're a huge star war fan now it's ridiculous.

All I know is that all the tickets are sold out and that means it's shit because anything thats popular is generally garbage
>>
GoT is popular and I still enjoy it.
I've never liked SW all that much.
>>
File: 1425521523472.jpg (80 KB, 528x612) Image search: [Google]
1425521523472.jpg
80 KB, 528x612
>>24993594
>Why do people like fun things?
>Fun things are terrible
>>
>>24993729
GoT is objectively the best show on TV at the moment
>>
>>24993835
Is it? I have no idea what it's competing with.
I just buy the blu ray when it comes out and watch it then.
Breaking bad was pretty good as well.
>>
They shove it down normies throats, and of course they will eat it up because everyone does it and you gotta follow the majority.
>>
>>24993786
it's not fun unless you're borderline braindead
appeal to popularity is the most disgusting non-argument imaginable
>>
>Every normie and their mother is acting like they're a huge star war fan now it's ridiculous.

Normiescum hate the idea of being left out of anything at all. ANYTHING. Which is why they will force themselves into "nerdy" circles. They don't really give a fuck about the actual topic, they just hate the idea that they aren't a part of it. This board is a great example.
>>
>>24993835
Fargo is much better to be quite honest family.
>>
File: neckbeard1.jpg (26 KB, 635x640) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard1.jpg
26 KB, 635x640
>>24993594
>All I know is that all the tickets are sold out and that means it's shit because anything thats popular is generally garbage

This is the most tiresomely bland edgelord non-conformist opinion there is, and you didn't even bother to try to make it in any way interesting.

You're like a feminist who gets fat and dyes her hair some stupid color in order to not conform to society's gender norms, and in the process ends up looking exactly the same as every other pustulant fat hag femcunt in the process.

You're more basic and boring than the masses of people that you're desperately searching for a reason to feel superior to.
>>
Star wars were never nerdy to begin with.

What's really nerdy about it anyway?
>>
>>24993941
>You're like a feminist who gets fat and dyes her hair some stupid color in order to not conform to society's gender norms
That's not why they do it.
Also it's nothing like that.
Also you're very obviously an angry fanboy.
Fuck off fagit.
>>
>>24993985
Because if it's set on space or it has superheroes is nerdy.
>>
>be little boy who loves learning about space, the solar system, the universe
>have a telescope to watch the moon
>visit observatories with my dad
>watch Star Wars with him
>my first cinema visit was the 1st prequel to the original StarWars trilogy
>collect lego star wars sets
>play star wars games on playstation and computer
>hear that Disney makes a new StarWars film
>oh boy ...
>see trailer
>cool spic pilot, nigger storm trooper, stronk independent womyn, evil white men, meme ball robot, directed by Jew Jew Adams
>have two coupons for cinema visit that expire on Dec 31st
still not going to watch this abomination
>>
>>24993941
think again faggot. A product comes to market and is 100% devoted to making it enjoyable for robots. Robots love it. Normalfags gonna do what they do and ruin everything.

Normalfags are always looking for new forms of entertainment so they indulge in what robots enjoy. So now that there's a profit to be made, that 100% devotion to robots now gets divided.

10% to cater to blacks
10% to cater to homos
10% to cater to the under aged
10% to cater to girls
10% to cater to douche bags

It all adds up and what you get is a pile of garbage but normalfags don't know any better, just have the marketing team put enough bells and baubles on it and the masses will be lining up to praise this amazing new thing.

That's the way it is with everything. Most will sellout if they can. But fucking grow a brain and recognize something that's shit instead of giving a standing ovation to a turd rolled in glitter.
>>
>>24993985
The EU and the people who legitimately care about it.
>>
>>24993594
If you haven't noticed it's been advertised out the ass.
Walmart, target, insert generic insurance or any other commercial and you've got a Star Wars themed commercial.
>>
>>24994121
That's a sad story anon. I'm sorry.
I don't like Negros or Jews either.
>>
>Believing it's not going to be a shit fest of over used CGI, lense flare, bad character decisions, forced humour and hollywood tropes.
>>
Hey guys, I have seen the movie. Ask me any question, I'll be glad to answer.
>>
>>24994136
That would be a valid point if you were talking about some kind of niche IP shit that nobody knows about and which only you, in your autism, give a shit about. But Star Wars is one of the (if not the) biggest franchise in the fucking world. It has always been 'normie' mainstream material.

Disney isn't coming to your secret mongolian tapestry website and harvesting all of your dank frog memes to turn them into normie-pleasing blockbusters you dumb fuck.
>>
>>24994259
How bad was it?

It must of been really bad
>>
File: true_starwars_fan.png (9 KB, 818x81) Image search: [Google]
true_starwars_fan.png
9 KB, 818x81
>youtube comments
>>
>>24994136
Are you implying that Star Wars is for robots? It was always an adventure family movie set in space, even if it has a big manchildren following.
>>
File: true_sw_fan.png (19 KB, 826x86) Image search: [Google]
true_sw_fan.png
19 KB, 826x86
>like wouldn't it be SO cool if like this was Darth Maul lmao xD
>>
>>24994259
How ugly was the negro?
Did they kill whitey and then fug on his corpse?
>>
>>24994292
It was better than I was expecting, because I was already thinking the ending was going to be a cliffhanger like I heard from some people, and it wasn't.

Cmon ask more though, I want to give out spoilers kek
>>
>>24994340
Darth maul as frieza.
>>
>>24994009
>fat feminist with dyed hair detected

MATRIARCHY GET OUT
>>
File: it_ends_now.gif (40 KB, 255x249) Image search: [Google]
it_ends_now.gif
40 KB, 255x249
>there will never be another good Star Wars game since EA owns the rights to Star Wars vidya

FUCKING EA
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>24994376
I'm not going to see the movie so spoil the ending for me

put it in spoiler tags
>>
>>24994340

>star wars "fan"
>doesn't even know what happened to maul
>>
>>24994273
>>24994323
the point is big companys will sacrifice the integrity of a product to appease and appeal to the most profitable market.

If a product had was not designed for women to enjoy they will add it in somewhere so as not to isolate 50% of their market. So what you get is a end product that sacrificed its integrity and design just so it can rake in the most money.

But normalfags such as the two of you, are all too happy to give it a thumbs up because enough marketing went into it
>>
File: AllSpoilers.jpg (95 KB, 620x759) Image search: [Google]
AllSpoilers.jpg
95 KB, 620x759
>>24994376
Do any of the original character die?
>>
File: true_sw_fan2.png (13 KB, 511x87) Image search: [Google]
true_sw_fan2.png
13 KB, 511x87
>more youtube comments from true star wars geeks
>>
File: true_sw_fan3.png (14 KB, 684x77) Image search: [Google]
true_sw_fan3.png
14 KB, 684x77
>do the other movies even matter?
>>
File: true_sw_fan4.png (22 KB, 857x121) Image search: [Google]
true_sw_fan4.png
22 KB, 857x121
>omg like stop being racist guys
>>
File: nerdy_canadian.png (13 KB, 503x76) Image search: [Google]
nerdy_canadian.png
13 KB, 503x76
just fucking kill me
>nerdy canadian
>real star wars
>>
im sure the jj abrams star wars will be every bit as awesome as the jj abrams star trek

if u kno wat i mean :p
>>
>>24994121
>cool spic pilot, nigger storm trooper, stronk independent womyn, evil white men, meme ball robot, directed by Jew Jew Adams
fucking /tv/
>>
>>24994456
Things that have mass appeal aren't necessarily shit. Some things are all hype and are seen by people for the hollow cashgrabs that they are.

But really I don't think you're nearly as much of a patrician as you think you are. Nor is the average robot. The average robot has no interests and no taste. If they did, and they were plugged into a vast world of sublime art and entertainment that is just too much for normies to comprehend, then they'd be hipsters, and hipsters are a type of normie.

And no, anime is fucking gay, you're not special for watching it.
>>
>>24993594
you have you're typical hype enthusiasts and then the fans, people wanna see it either way whether they love it or hate it. is it so hard to grasp such a simple concept ?
>>
>>24994539
>assblassted nostalgiafags will never stop being butthurt about the prequels and cartoons
>>
>>24994678
its not about me thinking im better or thinking im patrician you faggot. its about you being too brainwashed to know any better. The reason something has mass appeal because it caters to the mass, the only way to do that is to sacrifice aspects of the product. You only have 2-3 hours for a movie, instead of focusing on the universe the immersion they make sure that women, blacks, gays, kids have enough screen time to make the product have mass appeal.

I think we both know majority of people are morons and its easy for them to be brainwashed. I certainly know that just because something is liked by most doesn't mean its going to be good.
>>
File: 1362351154515.png (2 KB, 184x156) Image search: [Google]
1362351154515.png
2 KB, 184x156
>>24994847
>The reason something has mass appeal because it caters to the mass
>>
>>24994982
>everyone likes it so it must be good!
^~^
>>
>>24994347
>>24994464

Han Solo is pushed off a ledge on Starkiller Base by Kylo Ren, you think he dies, but he ends up rescuing Finn and Rey from Kylo with the Falcon after he duels both of them and slices off Finns arm.

>>24994422
The Resistance renders the Starkiller Base inoperable, General Hux is killed, Kylo chases Finn and Rey into the forest where he slices off Finns arm and takes Anakins lightsaber, they're rescued by Han and Chewie

Snoke, the Emperor of this movie, rages, Kylo is nearly killed, its intense, youve never seen the force used like this outside of video games.

The movie ends with Rey visiting Luke on Takodana, where he explains to her how he had to exile himself because the force was too much of a danger to the galaxy, as he was the one who taught Kylo how to use it.
>>
>>24995037
Spoil the whole plot senpai.
>>
>>24994847
>You only have 2-3 hours for a movie, instead of focusing on the universe the immersion they make sure that women, blacks, gays, kids have enough screen time to make the product have mass appeal.

So you don't watch any of these movies, but you claim to understand the principals behind their success.

How about the Avengers? The only black in there is Samual L Jackson, and the nigger army guy. Neither of them are even main characters. You've got 5 white men: Thor, Ironman, The Hulk, Captain America, The guy with the bow & arrow, and then you've got the woman with the nice ass. They don't seem to be pandering to minorities there, and yet that series of movies is hugely popular. How does that fit into your whiney bullshit theory?

Also if you can give some tangible examples of how things sacrafice integrity rather than just using handwavey bullshit words, that'd be neat.
>>
>>24995037
Always the arm slicing shit in every star wars
>>
>>24994847
You are talking like Star Wars was some kind of sophisticated cinema when it was always intended to be a mainstream movie to sell some toys.
Don't forget that even in the original trilogy shit like the Ewoks and C3PO existed.
>>
This new movie is the most heavily shilled piece of media to date. Not exaggerating. Spend five minutes on any major social media site, even 4chan for fucks sake, and you will see people shilling about Star Wars left and right. Disney must have pumped millions into online marketing because I can't go five fucking minutes without hearing about the new Star Wars movie. I said it yesterday but I hope someone shoots up a theater the night it comes out. You'd be killing a bunch of normie fucks who pretend to be "lol XD nerds" and taking money from the jews at Disney.
>>
File: 1421601218977.jpg (29 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
1421601218977.jpg
29 KB, 400x366
>>24995139

almost cut myself on all those edges
>>
>>24993941
Severely underrated post here
>>
>>24994259
How do you like being a massive faggot?
>>
>>24994517
>if you are a true fan you are a mindless sheep that automatically likes everything that is done to it
>>
>>24994435
was him being """"""""""revived"""""""" by nightsisters canon?
>>
>>24997325

As far as I'm aware, he never actually died. He just got himself some new legs and hung out with his brother, and such. As fasr as I know, he *still* hasn't actually canonically died.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.