[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I recently quit my old job, got certified to teach high school,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
>I recently quit my old job, got certified to teach high school, and I am subbing for a few months to make my resume look nicer before I apply full time.

>my ex boss is my friend on facebook and he knows I quit because I thought making only $16 an hour was bullshit

>convince me not to share this image on facebook for the keks. I have in the past put my praxis scores up on facebook for him to see when I was working there cause it was funny

tl;dr, convince me not to act like a tool like I usually do.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
8 KB, 480x360
You shouldn't post that image because it's jpeg hell.
Also posting something that's basically a big "fuck you" to your old boss is a shitty thing to do unless you're already on bad terms.
>>
>>24991970
dumpster this shitkid of a boss
>>
Hell, I'm tempted to share it on my wall just to stick it to my current boss.

Thing is, our company has really strict policies about what we can and can't post about the place on social media. I'm sure I would experience some corporate retaliation.
>>
>>24991970
>facebook

You're on the wrong board, faggot.
>>
>>24992053
>jpeg hell
>on facebook

oh, how naive you are
people purposefully run their stuff through multiple jpeg iterations so it looks like something saved a hundred times over to make it look like it isn't just advertising.
>>
>because I thought making only $16 an hour was bullshit

Isn't that like 30k a year? Fuck you, my man.
>>
File: 1449190197688.png (155 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449190197688.png
155 KB, 500x375
>Only $16 an hour
>Provided you work 8 hours per day 5 days in week, it means you get around 2560$ every month
>Averge monthly pay in my country is something around 1000$ according to official statistics
>Since official ones are fucked beacuse it's always higher than it should be beacuse of richfags I would say averge is around 600$

Unless your job was shit and you were forced to do some extreme work you're gigantic faggot OP.
>>
>>24991970
i work in a factory in rural PA. there's a large age gap. 20-30 year olds, and 50-60 year olds. they all think it's a good job because it "pays the bills." we make $16-18/hr, work 40+ hours a week on swing shift, and cost of living isn't really that low around here. a 1 br apartment is $500-700/mo. never understood why these white nigger wagekeks work in shitholes like this for years or decades on end -- im leaving to go back to school ASAP.
>>
>>24992785
>>24992166

$16 an hour is literally fucking poverty. $16 an hour means I have to live with my parents. I have a fucking chem degree I should be (and in a month or two due to my teaching licence) will be making twice that
>>
>>24992785
europoors get out. americans in small towns are paying $500/mo in rent alone. move to a large city and it becomes $750-thousands per month in rent.
>>
>>24993166
you fell for the STEM meme, sorry. chemistry, as you have found out, is nothing but poorly paid "temp to hire" contracts for quantitative analysis bitch work: running the same procedures over and over for $10-15/hour, something a high school kid could do but for some reason has been relegated to those who hold bachelors in chemistry.
>>
>tfw can't find a job that pays more than $12/hr that I can move up on
Just end it now anons.
>>
>>24993211
Yea pretty much because of the HB1 visas and the fact indians will work for poverty wages.

Which, once again is why I got my teaching licence. My state has a massive shortage in chem teachers and an even bigger shortage in physics teachers (I just need like 1 or 2 classes worth of credits to get a physical science cert to be able to teach that too).

I fell for the meme but figured out how to make the best of my degree.
>>
>>24993309
i fell for the mathematics degree meme. unfortunately i'm too autistic to work around children but i'm okay with working with adults, so i'm spending like $60k on getting a masters in accounting so i can be a certified public accountant.

the STEM meme needs to be destroyed.
>>
File: 1448598473207s.jpg (8 KB, 250x214) Image search: [Google]
1448598473207s.jpg
8 KB, 250x214
>>24991970
You should either
-Not share
-Hide your posts from being seen by him and any shitty ex- or current coworkers
or
-Unfriend the bastard

You are also not wrong, $16/hr is shit if you have even a HS degree. [But my opinions are biased since I believe minimum wage should be ~$20/hr because full time workers don't deserve to live in poverty in the Goddamn United States of Money]
>>
>>24994572
>[But my opinions are biased since I believe minimum wage should be ~$20/hr because full time workers don't deserve to live in poverty in the Goddamn United States of Money]

Yes they do, fuck poor people.

Also a $20 minimum wage would make put unemployment into double digits and would make like 85% of blacks unemployed
>>
>>24993179
Rent is usually more like $600-1000, even in small towns. I live in New York, and even in a city where the average income is pretty low, rent is still high. You have to remember there are utilities. You could probably get a one-bedroom shared house space for $400-600 with utilities, but a studio would be more.
>>
>>24994680
Oh darn, you mean those niggers who put 30% into their work and when confronted on said actions cry that their white boss is raisis?
>>
>>24994791
That's still a third if your monthly income. In the UK, you're likely to pay more than that - up to half your monthly income on rent in London (maybe more)
>>
>>24993251
>mother in her 50s is making $12/hour and commutes 80 miles round trip
>stepfather is skilled, though uneducated, millwright
>might make more than $20/hour+insurance
I don't want to end up like my parents. Just go to Wal-Mart, look at all the old fucks working for ~$10/hour. Those jobs literally won't exist in 10 years as robots replace the people.

We're entering a special kind of hell.

Remember, there are more Journalism graduates each year than the amount of journalists employed. Chemical Engineers are only 1/10th as employable Electrical Engineers (by current employees, not even by versatility), yet are graduating 2/3rds the people per year.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/chemical-engineers.htm

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/electrical-and-electronics-engineers.htm

Biomedical Engineering is one of the newest meme STEMs for women: only 20k jobs exist, but they're graduating 4k people per year. In theory the job growth rate according to the Bureau is larger than the graduates, but that can't hold for more than a few years as they saturate the low-paying jobs with Bachelor students.

I really wish they'd cut the meme degrees, and invest in citizens. I have to compete with Habib and Apu whose parents are Doctors, while I fucking work hand to mouth and still need money from my uneducated parents.
>>
>>24995014
I wish they would do away with the H1B visas where they import shit skins from places like india to do science jobs. Or how they let international students get degrees here
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.