[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is intelligence unattractive in women?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13
File: 1447593348525.jpg (320 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1447593348525.jpg
320 KB, 1280x1920
Is intelligence unattractive in women?
>>
>>24991727
No. It's just seldom found.
>>
real intelligence is attractive

but dumb bitches who think they are smart (usually by regurgitating liberal bullshit) are the worst
>>
>>24991727
you got the meme wrong is the other way around
>>
>>24991727
Absolutely! Not.

Pagefiller 3000
>>
>>24991773
This

There is literally no worse kind of person than a 'lol I'm such a nerd XD" girl
>>
>>24991727
its very attractive, unless they use it to be manipulative bitches
>>
>>24992854
Actually this is even more attractive desu
>>
>>24991727
No.

There's nothing more unattractive to me that stupid women. You know the kind, they have no interests beyond watching TV, they have obviously never thought about the world or their life in any way. They just take life as it comes, never questioning, just repeating, acting as they are told.

Talking to them is like talking to a child, except worse. Disgusting.
>>
Intelligence isn't, but "intelligence" is.

Nothing more irritating than a girl who is condescending and thinks she has all of the objectively correct viewpoints in terms of politics. Basically tumblr
>>
>>24991727
Jesus what a repulsive pair of lips(+buck teeth). She looks like a cave woman.
>>
>>24992962
But would you still smash?
>>
if intelligence = rebellion, that shit used to be bred out by tribal leaders, only recently is it reemerging. You can't have uppidy whores in the tribe fucking up the tribe structure
>>
women aren't attractive
>>
My girlfriend is probably the smartest person I've ever met and it's pretty attractive.

she makes more money than me
>>
>>24993600
>gf

get the fuck out, normal
>>
>>24991727
I'll let you know as soon as I find an intelligent woman.
>>
>>24991727
I think men get intimidated by intelligent women. I think competent women is what men find attractive
>>
File: Dowman Sayman Labcoat.jpg (106 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Dowman Sayman Labcoat.jpg
106 KB, 768x1024
>>24991727
Intelligence is extremely attractive. Mimicking the traits associated with intelligence is not.
>>
>>24991727
Yes but it's intimidating also.
What man wants to feel like a walking sperm bank?
If a woman is smarter, gets paid more, is more responsible.
What's left got the man to do?
>>
>>24993600

Have fun getting kucked m8,srs
>>
>>24993937
That last sentence was my phone.
>>
>>24991773
If intelligence was attractive and not airheads, I'd have a bf already. Fuck off with r9k ideology.
>>
>>24994101
If you could support me and a family would you?
I'd be a good stay at home dad :)
>>
>>24994101
Please prove you're intelligent.
>>
File: Amadeus Chibi.png (111 KB, 492x661) Image search: [Google]
Amadeus Chibi.png
111 KB, 492x661
>>24994101
Here's a helpful tip: When someone lists a trait that they find attractive, mentally insert "Physically attractive and" before it.
>>
I don't find it unattractive. It's a positive trait. But it doesn't get me aroused. But it's good.
>>
>>24991727
No. Smart guys like smart women.
>>
File: vault boy.png (3 KB, 132x90) Image search: [Google]
vault boy.png
3 KB, 132x90
>>24994101
Hold up robots! Do not reply to female posters! Instead, hide the post!
>>
>>24994101

intelligence is attractive but also incredibly intimidating. Guys instinctively avoid women they think are better than them and intelligence/education is the easiest identifier outside of physical attractiveness.

As a minimum wage slave I would never try to go out with a college girl and I believe I'm 100% right in thinking she wouldn't want to go out with me either.
>>
I don't need a girl to be smart, but I absolutely cannot date a stupid woman
>>
There is nothing more attractive than intelligence the difference is that girls sometimes try and "act" intelligent with liberal I'm so nerdy vibe and give out their halted assed theory without a single concept on how things work as a whole... And those introverted fuck off type girls where they will hang you if you have the slightest grammar error, man women are truly the worst people
>>
Intelligence is attractive, the women who are very intelligent and look down on people who are just willfully ignorant are unattractive cunts.

Your body is not a walking transportation device for your head.
>>
>>24991727
I can't fuck an IQ, doesn't matter how high or low it is.
>>
>>24994165
This so much this! Seriously Ima start saying that to fatties now
>>
>>24991727
It is thoroughly irrelevant what the preferences of a gender in general are. Neither you are average not your potential eventual partner will be; so it is really a vain question. Try to find the subsection of the population which does share your values -- or rather, don't.
>>
File: 1321128686778.jpg (159 KB, 478x359) Image search: [Google]
1321128686778.jpg
159 KB, 478x359
A woman with common sense is more attractive that one without. Bookworms are just soulless bodies of information.
>>
File: 1435633274131.jpg (46 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
1435633274131.jpg
46 KB, 500x379
I've known a couple women smart as or smarter than me.

The amount of pressure I felt initially when talking to them was beyond comprehension. Even more so if they were the type with hopes and dreams. It felt like we were unconsciously having a battle.

I'm pretty sure it's just because I'm insecure, nevertheless, I don't like that feeling.

Even thought I say this, my best friend is as smart as me, but she's sweet, talking to her doesn't feel like an exam.
>>
>>24991727
That's some really nice fluffy hair. She also has a really nice bust, nipples and vulva. Not a fan of the chin tho.
>>
>>24991727
I don't know, I'm too afraid to approach them regardless of intelligence.
>>
>>24991727
So long as they aren't super smart its attractive as hell. Its the fucking worse though if they use the intelligence in their shit tests...those shit tests are no fucking joke. Obscenely difficult and are the fucking worst because of how high quality they are.

Its awful.

Outside of that and they aren't faking it I personally find it attractive as hell. It just fucking sucks being on the wrong end of it though goddamn.

>>24994230
The key is balls anon. If they are smarter, hotter, AND richer then you are they might very well give you a chance because of the sheer testicular fortitude it took to try.

All women love balls no matter who they are.
>>
nah esp if they're a qt3.1415 serbian girl who the guy loves more than anything

honestly <3
>>
File: yui.jpg (139 KB, 619x576) Image search: [Google]
yui.jpg
139 KB, 619x576
yup
I want a cute thick headed gf who takes a while to understand basic things, believes everything I tell her and relies on me for almost everything
everybody enjoys feeling like they're smarter than the person they're talking to, and studies have shown that the happiest relationships are those where the man has 5-10 IQ points on the woman, the corresponding, where the woman is more intelligent, being the least successful.

I'm below average intelligence myself, and admittedly a high-school dropout, and I'm legitimately attracted to nitwit women, so I'd have to get like a borderline retarded girl to be happy, essentially a border collie but in human form who has the ability to talk and laugh at my jokes and in whom I can stick my dick in from time to time is what I'm after.

smart people are cunts most of the time
>>
>>24991727
IMO they need to be smart but not too smart. Also they need to not care about being smart. I could not stand having nothing in a relationship, even if my being "gifted" is completely useless. I just don't want a basic bitch who won't even talk about things like movies or vidya.

If the girl was smarter than me and wanted to be with me, she'd have to be so smart that I'm scared of her, and a really strong dom, and a yandere, cause any "mature" woman would basically have to mind rape me into submission.
>>
>>24994101
Intelligence helps for men too, but you wouldn't date a fucking hambugerler because he's intelligent now, would you?
>>
>>24993600
My wife is probably the dumbest person I've ever met and it's fairly attractive.

She plays MMOs all day and bullies me.
Obviously I make more than her.
>>
>>24993875
Who is this autistic Kurisutiina?
>>
I can't stand unintelligent women.
>>
>>24994101
You aren't intelligent. Dumb fuck
>>
File: thin9k.jpg (150 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
thin9k.jpg
150 KB, 1080x720
>>24991727
>had crushes on intelligent women with average bodytypes and average faces
>>
>>24994230
>As a minimum wage slave I would never try to go out with a college girl
As a college girl who isn't a hamplanet, I wouldn't care what job the person worked as long as he shows proper logic and reasoning. I'm in college but I work a min wage job too, it's nothing to be ashamed about.
>I believe I'm 100% right in thinking she wouldn't want to go out with me either.
You're not supposed to "believe" you are intelligent, you are supposed to be intelligent. Always be confident in your knowledge. Intelligence isn't just defined as "right in thinking". Right in thinking actually sounds different from intelligence, as it assumed that you either are stating all your ideologies and beliefs (religion included) are correct. But that isn't true now is it. Intelligence is not about being right about everything, but being able to see your own folly, even when it seems there is none. Broad understanding.
>>
>>24994297
>>24994101
I've been attracted to girls that i wasn't before, just because of their personality. There is hope.
>>
>>24994101
You could be the smartest person on the earth but if you're ugly or have a shit personality it won't help you at all
>>
>that one weird girl who thinks "intelligence" = obscure interests
>>
>>24995986
I'm not an asshole, always nice. But when I see landwhales getting attention it rustles my jimmies. They are already displaying a lack of intelligence by being obese.
>>
>>24994101

Are you at least cute?

>>24994230

>Being intimidated by women
>>
>>24991727
To chad, no, so few of the hot ones will actually show it. Fortunately, I am an autist chad, so I can get the smart and hot ones.

For some reason most of the girls that come on to me are mixed race like me, tho idc they're all hot
>>
>>24994230
>Guys instinctively avoid women they think are better than them and intelligence/education

A woman that's smarter than me or more talented than me in some way is my dream. I love the idea of teaching each other things.

The only gf I had eventually told me she hated how I idealised learning. It was horrible.
>>
>>24991727
Kinda. I like 'em a little dumber than me, with good traditional skills (cooking, cleaning) to make up the brain gap. It's important that she knows I'm smarter, too -- so she can't be THAT dumb
>>
>>24991727
jesus jumped up josephat - I'm 55 and my dick just moved! lol :)
>>
>>24991727
intelligent women are intelligent. most attractive girls aren't intelligent because they never had to develop it. most ugly girls are (more) intelligent because they had to develop it. If you can find a genuinely intelligent girl who you find attractive, lock it down.
>>
>>24996536

>unironically calling yourself and autist
>unironically calling yourself a chad
>unironically claiming to get smart girls
>unironically claiming to get hot girls
>unironically claiming that chads - successful and attractive men - find intelligence in women unattractive

you sound like that average kid in high school who got A's on his papers in English classes and used that as evidence of his intelligence, got mediocre grades in general because he claimed to be smart but lazy, hated math, never went to uni but when asked about it will make a bunch of excuses about how you don't need to go to uni to be smart, and claimed to be right brain dominant
>>
>>24994333
>Bookworms are just soulless bodies of information

God damn I hate the maymay that reading books means someone is smart. Books are no better than television and movies in that they pander to the lowest common denominator.
>>
File: 1445667885147.jpg (22 KB, 533x477) Image search: [Google]
1445667885147.jpg
22 KB, 533x477
I'm smart so after dating a bunch of stupid girls I just called it and started dating a woman who is slightly less intelligent but far more motivated. >mfw I can't wait to be a stay at home dad and do nothing all day
>>
>>24995516
This. All I really want in a woman is a friend I can also be romantic with. It's hard to hang out with someone when they don't understand a thing you say and everything they say is boring.

If someone doesn't understand your humor and they laugh and Facebook jokes, why would you want them for anything but sex?
>>
>>24991727
I despise women but if you think women are truly unintelligent you're delusional.

There are so many intelligent girls, maybe it's just where I live.

But yes, it's definitely a turn off actually. I don't want a girl smarter than me, makes me feel lesser than her and just makes me self conscious and degraded.
>>
>>24996363
This, I hate the idea modern media instills that /fit/ people are stupid and unhealthy people are intelligent. How does that even make sense?
>>
>>24996914
>most attractive girls aren't intelligent because they never had to develop it
>intelligence
>develop

Intelligence is innate, you retard. Learning things may make you 'smarter', but you cannot increase intelligence. Additionally being attractive indicates healthy genes which makes intelligence more likely.
>actually believing feel-good tellevision
>>
>>24997450
>Intelligence is innate
I agree with this.
>Additionally being attractive indicates healthy genes which makes intelligence more likely
This is where nature versus nurture comes into play. Most women are irrational and unintelligent, no doubt. This is because of the way they are raised, thus the intelligence is suppressed, depleted almost.
While intelligence to its highest degree may be innate, whether it is allowed to surface is the question. Thus not all ugly/average girls are intelligent.
>>
File: 1448495155520.jpg (30 KB, 479x600) Image search: [Google]
1448495155520.jpg
30 KB, 479x600
>>24994101
>>24995217
Exactly this
Speaking from experience, I've known 2 girls who I'd expect to be in a place like this

One was a lard ass, both were rude as fuck, both thought they were intelligent and were absolutely not, both were pushed to a far corner of the Internet because they were unattractive neets. I'm inclined to believe you fit some of this criteria as well
>>
>>24997294
>I don't want a girl smarter than me

well then I have some bad news for you, friend...
>>
File: 1427605498742.png (821 KB, 2020x1064) Image search: [Google]
1427605498742.png
821 KB, 2020x1064
>>24997739
I'm not rude at all. I keep myself reserved, open minded, and polite. I like to treat others kind, so there's that. I'm skinny because I decided to change my bad habits years ago before it became too late.
I'm not here on 4chan because I'm rude, a lard ass, or was an asshole to people. I'm here because I was subjected to abuse by the people around me and who I live with. I was forcefully isolated from the people who understood me and threatened if I were to try and reach out.

The girls you are referring to are exactly what this thread is about, they are normal. No, they are not here, they are probably on reddit or tumblr.

To keep an open mind and inquisitive spirit are the standards I live by. The biggest display of a lack of intelligence after all is indeed boastfulness. inb4 you were boasting tho
>>
>>24997915
Oh don't give me that shit
You're here on your own volition and there is no other answer. The people you live with has nothing to do with your social life or lack thereof.
>boasting
I don't think that's the word you meant. I'm right here on 4chan with you, I'm just honest about why.
>>
>>24991727
The girl I like is very smart. She got top honors in her class, and I respect her very much. Much of my family aren't like that, they don't pursue higher education or read at all. Apart from an uncle or two.
I just want someone equal to me, so we can talk on the same level. I can talk about things. I couldn't go for a woman who isn't at the least self-educated.
>>
>>24993937
Give affection, I guess? She'd be the alpha female. She might want someone to cuddle.
>>
i'm postgrad and i hate postgrad women

there's something deeply repulsive about the way that women will climb halfway up the peak of intelligence, using all the easy footpaths laid by men, and then just get bored and set up camp and never go any further

they go right to the point where they get diminishing returns for their efforts, right to the point that they're no longer congratulated for being smurt, where the only reward beyond the point is knowledge and understanding for their own sake, and just sit there

they carve out some little province of jargon and pad it out with activist rhetoric like they're making a fucking nest and then they wither and produce nothing new

at least dumb women are authentic, or something. dumb women can be bizarrely super-ambitious about dumb little stupid shit they're doing. smart women have all the trapping and finery of high achievement but absolutely nothing at the center of it all. women have no souls. i'd rather date a happy energetic dullard than a preening ambitionless careerist.
>>
Yes and No

A woman who's smart makes me want to nail her. It's a kind of conqueror thing, temporarily put her in her place with my dick.

For talking, it's kind of friend-zone stuff I think. You can great conversations with an intelligent woman who you're not otherwise into.

Professionally, no, steer clear. Tons of attitude, will only date up, but provide not much of any value if you're one of those guys qualifies as "dating up."
>>
File: OOooo.png (1 MB, 1500x1061) Image search: [Google]
OOooo.png
1 MB, 1500x1061
>>25000477
Too bad those hyperactive nerdy girls don't exist outside of anime.
>>
>>25000477
>hopefully beginning grad school next fall
Am I fucked for finding an actual intelligent girl? I'm already in a female-majority major and a lot of the girls aren't truly intelligent at all; I want the stereotype of the dumb woman to stop being true. ;_;
>>
>>25000628
have you found any so far

because your current classmates are the same crop who are going to grad school with you

some of them aren't even "dumb," they're just universally spiritless, their entire gender is incapable of some kind of core asceticism that is necessary for being interesting or engaging whatsoever

there is something qualitatively fucking missing from the female brain, something that makes it impossible for them to be compelling protagonists in fiction but also agents in real life

50-60% of the fucking human biomass on this planet contributes basically nothing other than that they have really nice tits
>>
>>24991727

No but it often comes with an obnoxious fucking attitude and superiority
>>
>>25000687
A bare handful and even then, it's like their 'intelligence' only applies to properly regurgitating lecture material with no ability to comprehend or apply learned knowledge through any other format. And even these 'smart' girls follow some wacky confusing doctrine in the belief of their paradigms, or succumb to infantile ways of thinking.

One friend has become a behaviorist. She was telling me and some others one night about a study where dogs only "love" or "care about" a person, or owner, because the person provides them with food, and how this was tested with wolves as well--as a control, IIRC--and two groups of dogs, or some such. She went on to say that this applies to all dogs across the board and dogs can't love; they only want you for your food.

Another girl is overweight and once discovering that some city in another country was named after a word for "fat" or "obese" in that country's language, she said she was offended by it. I was "??????????????????"ing HARD in my head, wondering just what synapses were firing to make her even come to that conclusion or possess that thought.

It's like a subconscious form of narcissism coming through.
>>
>>24991727
It's not unattractive, but it's not a primary attractor either. Additionally, some men who are insecure in their own intelligence might be put off by it.
>>
>>24991768

Wise words here
>>
>>24991727
I've only met 2 actual intelligent women in my whole life. One was elderly and the other was taken. I at least have solace she hated her partner. If the old girl was 40 years younger I'd have done anything to get with her.
>>
>>24996299

That's so many fucking women at uni these says holy shit

>they think being snarky and having autismal levels of interest in cats or obscure whatever the fuck equals intelligence
>>
>>25000477
> or something. dumb women can be bizarrely super-ambitious about dumb little stupid shit they're doing

All in all, that does sound endearing.
>>
Actually intelligent women are amazing.

Pseudo-intellectual, outspoken cunts who have been brainwashed in modern, Kike-ran, "higher-education" institutes are truly unbearable.
>>
File: 1449657844660.jpg (21 KB, 315x221) Image search: [Google]
1449657844660.jpg
21 KB, 315x221
>>25000567
There's probably a good handful, but since they have intellect and are hyperactive they're probably boyncing on chad cock this very moment.
>>
>>24997172
True there's trash in every medium. But you deny the efficiency and pure joy of reading to learn.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.