[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do anti-depressants permanently change your brain? got some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 14
File: pp.jpg (10 KB, 235x200) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
10 KB, 235x200
do anti-depressants permanently change your brain?

got some zoloft for anxiety, unsure about taking it..
>>
File: teeheee.png (10 KB, 315x318) Image search: [Google]
teeheee.png
10 KB, 315x318
>>24991489
Drugs are disgusting and should never ever under any circumstance ever be taken.
You are your brain. By altering it, you are altering yourself. You are not the same person after taking them. You are dead and someone else has taken over.
>>
>>24991572
yeh but the idea of popping a pill and being able to talk to girls would be cool
>>
>>24991489
DO IT, anon.

Who the fucks cares if it changes your brain?
I'll rather be death that going though that hell hole of depression again!
Seriously anon, anti changes everything.
>>
>>24991489
I heard adderall was good for confidence and shit or something.
>>
File: teeeheeheeeehee.png (7 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
teeeheeheeeehee.png
7 KB, 320x320
>>24991687
But that won't really be you, would it?
A person is a brain.
An altered brain is an altered person.
An altered person is someone else.
The person who was altered is dead.
>>
>>24991804
but if it isn't permanent i can just come off when i like
>>
>>24991870
No you can't.
As soon as your brain is altered, another has taken it's place. You may think you were the person that used to inhabit the body your in now, but truthfully you are not.
>>
They cause hair loss. Take that for what you will. And by hair loss I mean SERIOUS hair loss. They also don't work but that's irrelevant.
>>
>>24991966
>>24991804
>>24991572

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
About to get some anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds myself, iffy about taking them.
I have no motivation in my life right now, hoping they fix that.
Not interested in talking to girls or anything though.
>>
I had a horrible reaction to Zoloft myself, didn't notice at first until my parents told me I looked pale as a ghost/like death.

Had to quit cold turkey and experienced my very own personal hell for 6 weeks followed by several months of brain zaps and all sorts of shit, thankfully doc prescribed me some xanax to survive the entire withdrawal. Anxiety remained and brain fog introduced itself.

I'm prescribed both Adderall and Xanax now and doing much better than I used to. Antidepressants also felt like a total scam/sugar pill to me in terms of their working effects... Aside from the random side effects (was on citalopram before for some months, shit hit the fan when i got switched to zoloft)

Not saying you will get the same but you have every right to be uncertain.
>>
File: teeheeheeheeheeeheeheeheee.png (12 KB, 345x347) Image search: [Google]
teeheeheeheeheeeheeheeheee.png
12 KB, 345x347
>>24992019
Is that so, Mr Big Pharma?
>>
>>24992093

The brain is an organism, theres no you in a brain.

>trying this hard to act like a space alien to feel better about yourself still being a virgin
>>
>>24991572
>>24991804
>>24992093
This is horrible logic. So I shouldn't want my brain to ever change and develop because I wouldn't be the same person? What if I don't like who I am as a person and want to change that? If you are a depressed person you don't want to continue being depressed so you take medicine to help you stop being a depressed person. You WANT it to change your brain, because real depression is a mental illness.
>>
File: teeeheeeheee.gif (414 KB, 315x318) Image search: [Google]
teeeheeeheee.gif
414 KB, 315x318
>>24992185
>theres no u in a brain
But there is an "I"~
>>
File: 1439920156398.jpg (46 KB, 658x448) Image search: [Google]
1439920156398.jpg
46 KB, 658x448
>>24992042
i got the zoloft sitting in my drawer. GP just suggested them right off the bat after asking just a few questions, seemed kinda crazy how readily that was suggetsed. i read online and all kinds of crazy shit happening on this stuff, now im just put off.. i think i should go hardcore on other more natural solutions and only take this shit as a last resort. if i learn how to battle this shit with more regular methods then its a skill for life, if i pop a pill it will probably become a long term dependency - which im sure is what big jew pharma wants
>>
>>24992242

There's no you or I in a brain.

You're referring to conciousness but you're too much of a dumbfuck to understand anyways
>>
>>24991703
Fuck off shill, your drugs are useless.
>>
File: teeeeheehee.png (11 KB, 306x310) Image search: [Google]
teeeeheehee.png
11 KB, 306x310
>>24992317
Alright, tough guy. Live without a brain, if you don't need one~
>>
>>24992406
You misunderstand everything. You shouldn't even debate this fedora OP, their perspectives are completely wrong. Waste of time
>>
reading online that:
> st John's wart
> 5 htp
> melatonin

are all natural solutions to get serotonin levels back to normal. anyone had experience with these?
>>
>>24992283
Yeah I just looked it up.
prozac and zoloft seem like the main things to really fuck people up, and with my anxiety it sounds like one of those two will probably be prescribed when I go in tomorrow.
Not sure if I want to buy into the big pharma jew. I want to try it but I hear even good cases are just numbness instead of true happiness.
Not sure if I want to be a husk of a man.
>>
>>24991687
try low dose of clonazepam and just a little bit of amphetamine. i guarantee you will james bond the fuck out of any girl that you could get.
>>
>>24992406

>Not knowing the difference between a brain and conciousness

It's like I'm arguing with a 2nd grader
>>
>>24992435
Wort + 5-HTP didn't do anything noticeable for me. Melatonin is an all right sleep aid, not sure about its effect on serotonin.
>>
File: teeeeeeeeeeheeheeheeheeeeee.png (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
teeeeeeeeeeheeheeheeheeeeee.png
13 KB, 320x320
>>24992503
And where is one's consciousness located?
>>
File: 1450112674195.png (575 KB, 820x820) Image search: [Google]
1450112674195.png
575 KB, 820x820
>>24992565

Conciousness isn't physical. It is a state of being alive. Being aware of what you are, who you are, where you are, how you are. It's literally you. Conciousness cannot be altered even under the influence of drugs because you're still aware of your surroundings

>wannabe /x/phile fag trying to sound like he knows everything in order to hide his virginity
>>
File: teeeheeheee.jpg (32 KB, 315x315) Image search: [Google]
teeeheeheee.jpg
32 KB, 315x315
>>24992637
>implying I'm trying to hide my purity
>implying you are not a gross disgusting slut

Try being conscious without a brain, slutso~
>>
>>24992637
>drugs
>still aware of your surroundings

I fucking lol'd.
>>
>>24991489
everything you do changes your brain but nothing is permanent due to plasticity. The brain can easily mold itself the more you do something like a muscle, this plasticity does get reduced as you get older but it can be prevented with healthy diet/excercize/using your brain to learn new shit on regular occasions.
>>
>>24992742
>nothing is permanent due to plasticity

That makes the opposite of sense.

The brain isn't infinitely plastic. It can be easily damaged.
>>
File: 1432003262649.jpg (51 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1432003262649.jpg
51 KB, 500x385
>>24992553
ima wander down healthfoods tomorrow and see if i can try them out. might also start going for morning runs and doing yoga/more meditation. my theory is if i do loads of normie shit thats supposed to work, perhaps combined it will have a decent enough effect

tbqh i probably just need to sort my fucking life out but its tough when you're in a low place
>>
I was on Escitalopram for 6 months to deal with a couple of decades of depression. Mostly acted as a numbing agent, so while I didn't have bad days, I didn't really have good days. The interesting this was when I stopped taking it (because I was going to be cut off of other pills and services thanks to my state's health care plans). While I still have bad days, I have emotions again. Everything that I tried to bury and keep to myself came back, and now I feel like a person.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you don't need to worry about it, maybe your worst case scenario can do you some good =D
>>
>>24992742
>everything you do changes your brain but nothing is permanent due to plasticity
Okay Eel O'brian, but we can't all be stretchy super heroes.
>>
>>24992768
>>24992826
here I googled for you

You may have heard that the brain is plastic. As you know the brain is not made of plastic! Neuroplasticity or brain plasticity refers to the brain's ability to CHANGE throughout life. The brain has the amazing ability to reorganize itself by forming new connections between brain cells (neurons)
>>
>>24991572
No one exists in a vacuum. There's chemicals in your air, food, and water that change who you are. Not to mention the countless chemical processes that take place within your body. We're all just a bunch of sacks of drugs that influence our brain. You just think you're "normal" because you got used to certain drug influences.
>>
File: teeeheeee.png (9 KB, 315x315) Image search: [Google]
teeeheeee.png
9 KB, 315x315
>>24992883
Did I say you can come into my thread and talk shit like that?
>>
>>24992981
With these dubs I cast thee gone.
>>
File: teeeeeeeeheeeheehee.png (10 KB, 315x318) Image search: [Google]
teeeeeeeeheeeheehee.png
10 KB, 315x318
>>24993020
>implying repeating digits have any meaning~
>>
>>24993069
Enough with your lies, beast. I've defeated you with dubs and I'll do it again.
>>
>>24993099
NOW BE GONE!
>>
File: teeeeheeheeeeeeeeeeee.png (11 KB, 315x318) Image search: [Google]
teeeeheeheeeeeeeeeeee.png
11 KB, 315x318
>>24993099
Is that so?
Do tell~
>>
I've tried over 15 psychiatric meds

all in all they've been quite the waste of time, including benzos

only thing that's helped me was opiates
>>
>>24992435
Wort doesn't do shit
>>
>>24993119
You hold no power over this thread anymore.
>>
>>24993261
>>24992553
yeh but my plan is to do tons of shit all at once. so if each has a small positive effect, it could add up to a decent effect
>>
>>24991489
I read that as Zolpidem, but I'm already ITT.
If you feel electricity in your veins stop taking it, you'll get Tardive dyskinesia.
>>
>>24991489
DO NOT TAKE THEM, THEY KILL LIBIDO AND SOME STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THAT THEY CAN MAKE YOU FATTER.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.