[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Physical Disabilities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: wheelchair.jpg (25 KB, 300x303) Image search: [Google]
wheelchair.jpg
25 KB, 300x303
Who /physically disabled/ here?
I have fredreichs ataxia and want to talk to people in similar situations. Share stories. Were you born with it? How do you cope? Has it made you a better person?
>>
Kinda disappointed the guy who claimed to have FA didn't reply to this thread. Here's a shame filled self bump in hope this thread springs to life.
>>
>>24989916
not diagnosed. Shorty story is I am far too young to be having the problems I am.

No.

Poorly. Its starting to drive me insane as it used to be I had stuff to distract myself with, I had things i was improving on, and had projects that I was doing...now I literally got nothing. So here I am left with no company but my own...no one to face but myself. Eventually I know its going to drive me insane. As is I am already facing thoughts I would of preferred to have avoided.

Not a better person. Currently in the bitter and angry stage. Truth be told it will either drive me insane, get fixed, or I am going to kill myself.

As fuck living on like this with no way for to get better...until then I gotta know what it is that is going on then I'll make my choice. Hopefully i'll still be sane and in good enough condition to kill myself at that point.
>>
>>24990251
How bad are you, anon? I'm one of the less lucky ones, with every muscle in my body being affected.
My limbs don't do what I want them to and I get so fucking frustrated.
It made me a worse person if anything. When I was a teenager, peopole would call me drunk as I could still walk, just poorly. KHV also.

I have no hope for that nerve shit scientists are working on, as I just see hope as a false sense of motivation.

Where you from?
>>
le yea bruh my le DIAGNOSED I'M NOT A POSER chronic depression makes me le sleep everyday so I'm le pretty much paralytic

t. average r9k poster
>>
>>24990522
If you think you're funny, go elsewhere. I'm definitely not kidding. Fuck off or contribute to the thread.
>>
>>24990430
Meh getting worse. I don't know how bad it will get or what it so though.

Currently I can't work or go to school. I can still walk with difficulty albeit with a cane. I used to be fit and getting fitter despite preexisting health problems that made it harder on me. I lost all of that with the massive weight loss which i would liked if I had been a fat ass previously. Now being largely bed ridden as its only the way so far that can make me feel better.

Doesn't help that i have increasingly less energy and when spent it comes back slower and lesser.

I can feel your pain with the limbs. Sometimes my will get paralyzed on me off and on. Even when they do not they still feel sluggish and heavy making it hard to do stuff.

Appetite is all kinds of fucked up but ever since I've taken bed rest the pains have largely faded. Still some pain i can't escape like breathing...sorta got a breath. At least I could escape the other kinds of pain.

But yeah I feel like its making me a worse person despite me trying to not lash out at other people.

Well at least I wasn't a virgin. I was in a bad place in life when I got stick. Was trying to improve it...problem is no joke whenever it seems it can't get worse it does.

Next up I'll end up homeless, unable to kill myself, dying, or in a world of endless agony. Just you wait and see. I know its likely going to be at least one of those.

There is no such thing as rock bottom rather the question is when do you finally stopping rolling down you before you hit the that bottom that is death? At that point though it could very well be a mercy considering all the shit you're likely to get hit by on the way down.
>>
>>24989916
>I have fredreichs ataxia
Well give it back to him, then.
>>
>>24990823
Naturally though women wont ever bother looking my way ever again and so my odds for companionship is a flat 0. Not like it would be much better if I was gay though. Can't exactly rely on family as they kicked me out when I got sick and my so called friends left once they realized it was serious.

Typical saying being true about who your real friends are when disaster strikes or something like that.
>>
>>24989916

I had to look up what this was.

Nothing in my life is as bad as this shit. Nothing.

My heart goes out to you guys.
>>
>>24990849
Hehehehe
I chuckled with originality.
>>
>>24990823
Damn anon. I'm sorry man. I am not in a lot of pain. I guess I am kinda lucky.
>>
>>24989916
I'm all kinds of fucked up from birth.
Granted being overweight isn't helping, but exercise has never been my strong suit.

I have below-average muscle tone in most areas, my gross motor skills are generally up to par but fine motor skills lag behind. I'm really no good with my hands, DIY fills me with dread and flat pack building takes me hours.

I've also got dodgy and weak knees. I also tilt to the left thanks to my curved spine and also tend to put my weight on that side, so my right knee has less muscle mass.
I try to compensate by standing straight when I remember, but straight to me feels like I'm leaning to the right and I have to fight the urge to "straighten up" as it were.

I am probably going deaf from years of headphone abuse.

There's mental health stuff too, I seem to have a lot of ASD traits although I've never been formally diagnosed with an ASD.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 704x463) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 704x463
>>24991280
Your back is curved? That's scoliosis. I got an operation (pic) to help that. Maybe you should, if you live in a country with free healthcare.

My knees are bent too. Fucking hate it. Any way you try and get around it/combat it?
>>
>>24989916
It's nothing compared to what's been posted ITT, but I have premature arthritis. Get intense pain in my joints from minimal stress on them, or sometimes for seemingly no reason at all. When I was in the military, my feet got so bad that all of the cartilage in my left foot has been worn out, and I had to get a bone fusion surgery done to support it so I wouldn't be in constant agony every time I stood up. It's only going to get worse as I age. I don't take painkillers, since I have such a high tolerance to them now, but I'll likely be dependent on them when I'm older.

I'm also very hard of hearing, thanks to using firearms without hearing protection like a fucking dumbass.Having to ask people to constantly repeat themselves is hell. If it gets any worse I'll get a hearing aid.

>tfw you're also very mentally ill but because no one can physically see what's wrong with you it feels less valid than physical complaints
>>
>>24990242
Well shit man I was doing HW and eating dinner and stuff

Anyways I'm really lucky with it compared to most, I can still walk unaided just badly. I get called drunk a lot...

>>24990849

>My name is literally Frederick :'(
>>
>>24989916
I have Klinefelter Syndrome. My dick is thin, erections weak, balls small. Main reason I'm a 27 year old virgin. Don't want to deal with women laughing at me. I look like a teenager, poor muscle mass, poor mental abilities, poor facial/body hair.

I embraced it and gotten used to the idea of spending the rest of my life like this.
>>
>>24989916
Can you walk or are you in a wheelchair? Just curious.

Female here I'm interested in having sex with guys who have mental or physical disabilities. Very serious. Not at all interested in assholes making fun of me for it. I know I'm a perverted whore just stfu.
>>
>>24991280
Can you post a pic of your back, this is me:

>>24991607
>>
>>24991505
You were in the military? That's pretty neat. Have you tried meditating for the arthritis? I've heard creams sometimes help too.

As with the hearing, I fear they'll be a day I wake up to silence. I'd probably kill myself then. Just have to deal with it I'm afraid. Luckily we don't need ears to browse the Internet.

>I'm sorry for your mental illness too, but minds are much harder to talk about than bodies.
>>
>>24991506
You're him? I really want to talk with you if you're him. I've never spoken to another sufferer in my life.
>>
>>24991627
Meant to say please.
>>
>>24991638
Thanks OP. It was actually my military service that made me aware of the arthritis- before that I thought it was normal to have your body hurt every time you do something. I've tried meditation but I'm not very good at it, so there wasn't much of a benefit. I'll have to look into some creams that could help.

>I fear they'll be a day I wake up to silence.
This is one of my worst nightmares. I baby my hearing now, always listen to music and movies really quietly, never use earbuds or headphones, haven't shot a gun in half a decade, etc. Thank God there's outlets like the internet.
>>
>>24991676
It's me, how should we communicate then? Steam?
>>
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 632x3139) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 632x3139
>>24991544
>>24991607
Ok. Here's one I got of the scar once I got out of hospital.

>can you walk
Depends how much effort I feel like putting in, how I feel, how far I'm going, if I want to feel incredibly embarrassed etc.
Kinda.
>SNAAAAAAKE
>>
>>24991774
Have a throwaway and we'll talk from there.
[email protected]
>>
>>24991607
Location?

Original comment here
>>
>>24991823
Can I see the shape of your back?
>>
>>24991905
Usa, middle of country, middle of no where.
>>
>>24992017
It doesn't look different apart from the scar. Here's a more recent one.
>>24992037
Fuck I'm in Europe.
>>
>>24991860
Right, sent you an email
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 430x1580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 430x1580
>>24992121
Forgot pic because I'm original.
>>
>>24989916
My girlfriend has muscular dystrophy. I struggle every single day to deal with the fact that I'm slowly but surely losing the only girl that has ever loved me. Which is nothing compared to how she must feel.

Fuck.
>>
>>24992121
A hunched back is like my main turn-on.
>>
>>24992150
It's not too bad of a scar.

>>24992156
This sounds like pure suck.
>>
>>24991607
I always knew your kind existed but only through stories. Yours is a rare as shit fetish.

and i've never said shit about a woman's pervesions. Way to easy to fuck up not getting laid and enjoying kinky as fuck sex.

Kinky sex is best sex.

>>24992037
aww damn it. Not that anon but I'm in the southwest.

I swear i can never find anyone remotely nearby.
>>
>>24992156
I'm so sorry anon.

Candles that burn brighter go out faster.
>>24992159
Sorry, not a hunchback.
>>24992197
It's pretty tidy. It's big though.
>>
>>24992156
That sucks man. Do your best to enjoy the love while you can. Real love is a terribly rare thing these days. I don't even know remember what love ever felt like.

>>24992205
Admittedly your the closest one yet which is saying something...fuck normally i had the best luck in terms of getting laid. Its only for relationships it becomes pure shit.

...no wait that was before i got sick nvm.
>>
>>24992205
I'm in the southwest too. What do you have?
>>
>>24992150
>tfw had that surgery in 2009
>tfw have been getting two raised lesions around the scar
>inb4 it's skin cancer

I'm panicking
>>
>>24992305
I never get to talk to anyone about this in real life, and the only time I posted about it here I just got 2 replies along the lines of "hope she dies faggit" and then the thread died. Your reply really warmed my heart. Bless you
>>
>>24992390

see>>24990823
>>24990894
I may or may not be permafucked. Depends on how it ends up working out really.

Currently though my shit is fucked.
>>
>>24992391
Ok, you've probably done something wrong.
Do not wash it with soapy water. Just don't.
Be sure to dry it properly after washing.
These are the two rules I follow. Maybe go to /b/ and ask for a medifag, or just go to a doctor.
>>
>>24992529
I've been to doctor and they are stumped harder than the GOP got stumped by Trump. I'm getting an MRI soon for it.
>>
>>24992413
I can't begin to imagine the frustration you're going through, anon. I think you've just derailed my thread into a feels thread. Be sure to have fun with her while you can, as memories are priceless.
>>
>>24992608
Sorry to derail. I'll graduate with an engineering degree in a little under a year, so I'm hoping I can give her as comfortable of a life as possible. I want to travel with her and see as much of the world as we viably can. Again, thanks for your kind words, it means more than you can imagine.
>>
>>24992757
Any time anon. Sucks when bad things happen to good people.
>>
>>24992757
What type of MD senpai? Duchenne?
>>
>>24992413
Are people with her condition really dying? What age do they die by?
>>
>>24993255
Depends on the type. Those with Duchenne usually kick it by early 20's while other types are luckier. I have a type of MD that is different for everyone so I'm kicking it whenever I kick it. Could be 25, could be 35, could be 50, could be tomorrow. I find that relieving honestly
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.