[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was BANNED from my local super smash bros melee scene. They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4
File: sssb030908b.jpg (44 KB, 571x427) Image search: [Google]
sssb030908b.jpg
44 KB, 571x427
I was BANNED from my local super smash bros melee scene. They use the local community college to host this and TOLD ME BY EMAIL IF I CAME THERE THEY WOULD NOT ALLOW ME IN. This was out of nowhere so I immediately called the TO, who told me why. He said it was because I was frequently toxic and angry. He said that I yell at players and make them uncomfortable and scared, and that a girl quit because of me. While I DO sometimes get frustrated and vocalize it, so do many other people I am simply being discriminated against my voice is naturally deeper than most. also the truth is a girl never quit that is a complete lie, she was just butthurt that she was worst than everyone there. I'm so fucking irate. I've been a member of this community FOR YEARS and just now I'm a nuisance? I am entitled to a certain level of RESPECT for being a veteran player. I'm looking into finding a lawyer who get me unbanned. There MUST be a law that prevents people from arbitrarily banning others from certain locations without written documents proving it (the TO just SAID I was banned he did not provide any evidence.) The TO isn't rich or anything so I don't think I would have to ask a lot from him, I think he'd break under just pressure of lawsuit.
>>
Brawl is better anyway
>>
>>24989013
stfu Viviff you autistic faggot
>>
>>24989013
Well, I think someone's gotta pull a mercer, then.
>>
You deserved to get banned.

They probably hated you and wanted to ban you for years, and finally got a good enough excuse to.

You're the worst kind of gamer.
>>
>>24989013
I feel disgusted knowing i share the same board with you
>>
are you guys so new that you don't even recognize this as a parody of chris chan
>>
>>24989128
Was going to say this.
>>
>>24989013

you're weird and make everyone around you uncomfortable and they've been looking for an excuse to ban you since you started coming.
>>
File: 1449926121042.jpg (14 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
1449926121042.jpg
14 KB, 240x160
>>24989013
> He said it was because I was frequently angry
> that is a complete lie
> I'm so fucking irate

> Jimmies
> Not
> Rustled
>>
>>24989013
>This community doesn't want me around?!?
>Fuck them! They should love me!
Even if they let you back, you'll still have to know they all dislike you. There's nothing you can do to change that.
>>
>>24989162
Under what law are they allowed to? Keep in mind NO EVIDENCE OF A BAN was given, NO. LEGAL. DOCUMENTATION. I'm just supposed to not show up because the TO says I can't? Why is his word worth more than mine?
>>
>>24989270
What fucking law? There's no legal juristiction there. Unless there's something in the school rules about banning students from clubs, there's literally nothing you can do. Work on your personality and join somewehre else.
>>
>>24989013
Nice proxy, Chris-Chan.
>>
lol good for you, you dumb faggot.
>>
I am my own free bitch
>>
>>24989317
What law? Name the law that makes this legal if it's legal then
>>
ALSO the TO DOES NOT OWN THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE WE PLAY ON. He just uses it because they allow him to.
HE IS BANNING ME, BY HEARSAY ALONE, FROM GOING ONTO PROPERTY THAT IS NOT HIS.THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS LEGAL.
>>
>>24989317
It's a public event so he could sue for discrimination. You can't ban people from open events if he didn't break any rules.
>>
>>24989013

Where was this pasted from?
>>
>>24989508
You can only do that if you're a part of a protected group. If he was banned because he was a woman, a veteran, or a faggot, then yes. Although he is a faggot, you can't be banned for that sort of faggotry.
>>
>>24989508
You can ban people from "public" events you run for any reason you want as long as they're not under a protected status.
>>
Pipe down Chris Chan.
>>
>>24989508
If they're charging a fee for entry then it's not a public event. It's a tournament with entry fee, meaning the TO can deny admission as they see fit.

Shouldn't be so toxic OP.
>>
>>24989545
This is false. Otherwise I just ban all black people but claim it's for some other reason
>>
>>24989508

Regardless, a suit wouldn't be a good way of resolving it, because what happens after? The guy goes back in to sidelong glares every time he shows up? Nobody ever wants to sit down with him to play some matches, right? The TO hates his guts for threatening his financial solvency and keeps everything at clipped formality? That's not any good.

The better path would be to talk his way back in, with the understanding that he'll have to compromise on how he acts while with those people. Make a deal with them and everyone can be happy with it.
>>
>>24989013
you are not entitled to shit.
man up and start your own scene. with blackjack and hooker.
>>
OP talk to the person you talked to and apologize and say you will try to improve your behavior and would really want to continue participation.

If not then slash their tires and show up next week and act like you didn't do it.
>>
>>24989622
Read a book nigger
>>
>>24989579
Just because I'm charging money doesn't mean I can put a sign in front of my shop claiming "no blacks". OP is in the right here and should speak to a lawyer.
>>
>>24989666
I'm a law student Jew =^)
>>
>>24989706
>>24989706
Then you should know that you can ban people from events you host for pretty much any reason you want.
>>
>I'm looking into finding a lawyer who get me unbanned

wew lad
>>
>>24989683
Fat angry faggots aren't a protected group. Minorities are.
>>
>>24989625
This is assuming the TO is going to be reasonable, which currently they don't sound like they are. I'd just serve a small claims ticket to them for the prize money (whatever that is) they'll likely cave.
>>
>>24989722
Again. This is false. Stop spouting nonsense.
>>
>>24989013
be my bf desu
>>
>>24989706
>>24989783

You're a pretty shitty law student then. If it's a paid tournament you usually have to sign a form saying you'd obey the tournaments rules and that you have to leave if asked.
>>
>>24989750
Not relevant assuming OP didn't break an explicit rule written in a contract. Even then, he's got pretty good grounds to argue. Lawyer up OP.
>>
>>24989867
It's not his even so the owner can ban him. He has no legal protection and no judge will take his side since he was seen as a threat to other participants.
Go be retarded somewhere else.
>>
>>24989840
Did the contract explicitly ban communicating with your opponent? Probably not.

Clauses like "we reserve the right to remove anyone blah blah" aren't legally binding because they don't make any sense from a legal standpoint "you may have won but we don't like your face so get out" WILL get you sued. And that's basically what happened here.
>>
>>24989955
Thats not what happened. They just banned him from all future events.
>>
What's with all the white knighting SJW's in here bashing OP?
>>
>>24989955

That's not what happened at all. OP even admitted to raging and losing his shit at other people there. That is a perfectly fine reason to be kicked out of a place. Don't believe me? Go somewhere in public and start shit with people until the cops are called. They'll either arrest you or tell you to go home.
>>
>>24989988
>Not defending a fat angry manchild
>White knighting
Fat angry manchild detected
>>
you idiots... this is a copypasta from Facebook
>>
>>24989955
You're a fucking retard who thinks exaggerating what happened proves your point.
>>
>>24989981
Same diff. "We don't like your face so get out." Will get your ass sued so fast.
>>
>>24989955
They threw him out of the group because he didn't comply to the rules , banning him from all future events... this is 100% legal...
>>
>He gets upset about video games
>he thinks he deserves respect

Video games are for fun. If you ruin others' fun you deserve to be kicked out
>>
>>24990004
Like your word holds any ground, tripfag.
>>
btw this is from reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3wm45e/ma_banned_from_smash_bros/
>>
>>24990026
And what rule did he break exactly? "Being an ass" is not a defensible reason in court.
>>
>>24990110
It literally is. You can't force people to play video games with you.
>>
>>24990003
If you present clear danger to people around you then that's obviously different. The fact that you can't tell the difference tells me you have no idea how the law works.
>>
>>24990110
If your rules state that you can be banned from future events because of foul language and harrasment of other players, than they are correct... also, fucking americans solving everything with either guns, lawyers or therapists... grow up ffs...
>>
>>24990122
You can if it's a public event with money on the line. If they wanted to prevent trash talking then they needed to put a clause in a contract that banned communication with your opponent.
>>
>>24990198
lol no you can't you're delusional. It's a group of friends playing (nowhere in the OP it says for money, so I don't know why you keep stating that, not that that would have a major effect anyway). I hope someone as retarded as you actually tries to sue people in an attempt to make friends and gets their shit rekt.
>>
>>24990050
What a fucking surprise....
>>
>>24990149
I'm a law student and OP explicitly brought up going to court, which is why I brought it up. If they made him sign a contract that explicitly stated "None of the words are allowed" and they PROVE he said those words then he's fucked. Other than that he's in the clear
>>
>>24990303
I bet you believe in free inhabitants too lol fucking moron
>>
File: 1448339996638.jpg (57 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
1448339996638.jpg
57 KB, 500x382
> I've been a member of this community FOR YEARS and just now I'm a nuisance?
>just now

No fucking faggot, you've been a nuisance for years. They just got tired of your shit.
>>
I don't think you can sink any lower into manchild syndrome than OP has.
>>
>>24990265
Ok. Keep living in your fantasy world where people are either good or mean and the mean people can be kicked out of the nice places with no repurcussions. Surely the law is written using ambiguous phrasing like "jerk" and "mean" right? I'd like to live in your world kid.
>>
>>24990366
>>24990385
Op is in the right. You can't ban somebody for being unlikable. Fucking normie shits.
>>
>>24990336
>I don't have a good argument so I'm just going to make fun of this guy
>>
>>24990396
>kicked out of the nice places with no repurcussions.
They literally can lol, you act like he was banned from the sidewalk or something and not a club for friends to play together and have fun.
And even if your sue happy nonsense wasn't completely retarded and would actually work, they'd just disband and start playing at somebody's house.
>>
>>24989013
>girl quit because of you
now you've done it.
>>
>>24990414
I don't really care whether or not he can be banned, I'm just stating that OP is surely a faggot and a toxic gamer.

They have probably been wanting to kick him out for a while, and just now they saw a chance and took it.

OP is most probably an obnoxious faggot. Anything else is irrelevant.
>>
>>24990444
It's not a friend's club. Did you even read? This is a public tournament group with money on the line. Don't say anything if you don't know what you're talking about you fucking retard.
>>
>>24990534
Show me the exact part of the OP that says money is at stake.
>>
>>24989013
I saw the reddit thread too
>>
>>24989146
You evil Jerkops, disparaging my Sweetheart Search!
>>
>>24990534
It's a friends club that they run at the community college. They have every right to not allow the reddit fag to come into their club room
>>
>>24989013
I'm not even gonna bother reading all that.
Have you tried not being autistic?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.