[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been clubbing alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: 7.jpg (34 KB, 736x737) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
34 KB, 736x737
Have you ever been clubbing alone?
>>
g-guys? talk to me..
>>
Why the fuck would i wanna do that
>>
>>24987503

Fucking normie I bet u have friends too fucking faggot
>>
no i av not
>>
>>24987312
Always wanted to, I reckon it wouldn't be too bad with some molly.

Have been to a gig alone though.
>>
I did, once, before I realised I was autistic.
Ironically it's one of the most autistic things I've ever done.
It was dreadful.
>>
Prefer going out alone than in groups.

Talk to lots of new people
Enjoy music without constantly having to go outside for cigs / follow people around / be involved with their drama.
Always meet people out I know anyway

10/10 would recommend to anyone as long as you're not a total pussy.
>>
>>24987312
no but I go to bars alone
>>
i usually go to events alone.
That way I can get down af without having to worry about acting cool around comrades
>>
I moved alone to another country and I didn't know anyone, I like electronic music so I went to few events alone, I met a group of people which has the same interests than me and they kind of accepted me fastly, actually I see them every week. I have to say I'm quite shy and I barely speak the language of the country so it's been dificult but I needed to go out and meet people.
>>
>go to a beer store every friday evening to pick up a bottle
>eventually get introduced to the staff and the other patrons
>they've invited to help out with their next homebrew

I think I'm gonna make it...
>>
I made this thread last night because I had a couple beers and was contemplating it

My best friend just moved out of the country and I don't really have anyone I can just go out with any more

S..should I give it a try, family? will I sperg out or is there a chance I will have a good time?
>>
File: 1423692170728.png (259 KB, 857x672) Image search: [Google]
1423692170728.png
259 KB, 857x672
>>24987312
Yes, when I'd have manic episodes I would travel to a new country every week and go to virtually every type of establishment I could find, and that included clubs/bars/pubs/taverns/etc. I don't like to dance, but I do like to drink, and since I'm fairly attractive and had an insane amount of charisma while I was manic, I got free drinks everywhere I went. Did some horrible things to the people I picked up, but I never got in any trouble for it.

>>24988522
If you handle alcohol alright and can muster up the courage to get a few drinks in you, go for it. The worst thing that happens is you don't have a good time, and you can leave without anyone ever having known you were there.
>>
>>24988128
How the fuck did you do that? How can they accept you into their social circle when the had history with you? Please walk me by step by step what you said when you first met them

You must be charismatic as fuck.
>>
>>24988666
not that guy but when it is fueled on mutual interests is a lot easier thats why the advice that is posted here more often for that is 'dont try to get friends get a hobby' (maybe not here, in /adv/)
>>
>>24988722
also from my experience in the techno/ trance scene in my country people get a real sense of comradry(maybe it is because of all the drugs or maybe because the parties are quite long so people notice eachother)
>>
>>24988666
*no history with you
>>
>>24987312
I have never been to a club or a bar. If I want to get drunk/fucked up I'll do that at home alone.
>>
>>24988522
Do it op
I'd go alone but I haven't had the chance recently
>>
>>24988722
That makes sense but I don't know what hobby to take part in, that's the problem

>>24988765
What's the age range generally in the techno/ trance scene? I'm not exactly young anymore
>>
>>24988932

25/40+

There will be kiddos about but its a pretty mature scene. Drum & bass also. House is usually a younger crowd. Depends on the kind of night though some can be really awful. Generally the older the age the better its going to be.

>>24988522

Do it!!!

I started going out alone about a year ago (have been to about 4 events solo) and its been an absolute fucking blast. I can't recommend it enough desu. You get to do what you want, you can stand where you want without having to worry about losing people, you can go and talk to anyone really if you think they're going to be receptive, you're probably less likely to get into that competitive drinking thing that people do in groups, you're going to spend more time focusing on the music.

If you're on your own and theres some nice people in a group its likely they're going to invite you to join in with their fun. People have thought highly of me having the balls to go out because I love what I'm into, people are warm to you because of that, Its a nice feeling.
>>
>>24988932
in trance ive seen people from their early 20's to 80's its almost a religion for some people, your age shouldnt be an issue, techno i've seen mostly people in their 20's but ocasionaly you see someone older
>>
File: Feuerfalter Part 02.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Feuerfalter Part 02.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
>>24988932
also protip, outdoor events or in big storage/industrial type buildings are the best, clubs are fun to see a specific artist but nothing beats an electronic music party in woods or riverside and venues like that
>>
>>24987312
Went to a gaybar's clubnight by myself once.
>>
>>24989055
a woman made this post. I can tell by the writing style.
>>
>>24987312
I did

I stayed by the bar and drank, a qt came up and wanted to dance with me.

I kissed her at the end of the night but nothing else happened
>>
>>24989385
>I kissed her at the end of the night but nothing else happened
How did you fail this hard?
>>
i enjoy doing it. one 10 mg diazepam, a couple of beers and a speed bump at home and you're ready to go.
>>
>>24989495
that kind of stuff hapens often desu, a lot of girls go to clubs and kiss guys but dont like to identify as club sluts so they dont take it further
>>
>>24989495
not sure, she kissed me then left with her friend
>>
>>24989572
ah alright, didn't know

>>24989575
Well I'm KV so you're doing a lot better
>>
>>24989856
>Well I'm KV so you're doing a lot better

try working out.

if you're buff, girls will look beyond your nervous behaviour
>>
>>24989991
I'm trying, I use to be a fatty but I've lost 50 pounds in the past year or so.
>>
>>24987312
Yes but the only time I did it I ran into people I knew and hung out with them and knew people that worked there and there were a bunch of bands playing so that was a main focus. The DJ sucked tho in between bands
>>
>>24987312
No. I'd always considered it the most autistic thing ever, worse than going to a gig alone.

>>24987628 makes me think I'm right.
>>
>>24987312
clubbing scares me senpai
>loud music so i cant hear anybody
>dark lights so i cant see anybody
>would rather be drinking alone or with close friends
>>
>>24987312
Hell yeah and then ride my bike around drunk
>>
>>24987312
Jesus christ I read this as cuddling alone at first.
>>
File: 1444202902713.png (25 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1444202902713.png
25 KB, 645x773
>>24987312
i went to the movies alone once
>>
I have plenty of times but, as one would expect, its ten times harder meeting potential friends or girls there without any "social proof" around you
>>
Yes, twice. Both nights were awful, would not recommend it.
>>
>>24988573

>I'd have manic episodes I would travel to a new country every week and go to virtually every type of establishment I could find, and that included clubs/bars/pubs/taverns/etc

Are you rich or something? That sounds like a blast yet expensive as fuck
>>
>>24987312
I'm not a very social person so I thought I woulden't like it but I believed what so many people have told me before "You won't know if you like it if you don't try it :^)" and needless to say it just wasn't for me. I don't need to go and try to dance and all that because I already know I don't like it.
>>
>>24991146
I was working for the government at the time, and I spent every single cent I earned in two years and all my savings over the course of six months. It ruined me financially, and you can't tell credit companies that you had a manic episode and just get written off.

>tfw still in debt from shit that I did six years ago

it was totally worth it though, I've had experiences some people don't even bother dreaming about
>>
Yup. It was shit.
>>
Not clubbing. I've been to a couple of parties or bars alone when I was younger.

It was very awkward for me, being there with company is weird enough.

Once I had a couple of young girls approach me because I was alone, they were around 18 and I was 20. Ended up going out with both of them a few days later to watch a football game, some final, which people had put up a big screen for outside.
We sat on some grass, one of them next to me and the other most of the time laying with her head on my legs, next to my dick.
I thought they were attractive but they were both smokers so I wasn't sure how to act to not seem awkward and still come off uninterested in anything further.
I ended up seeming entirely autistic and I never met them again.
>>
>>24990861

How did you get past the no singles policy fam8?
>>
>>24991895
Shot the cinema ticket attendant
>>
>>24989279

Nope. Try again?

Your powers of inference are terrible. You might want to stop assuming things about people because you're clearly not very good at it.
>>
>>24991057

Nah thats shit mate. Girls don't give a toss if you've got a group or not.
>>
>>24987312
i had one of the best nights clubbing by myself.
>event in club, fav artist is there
>4 of us get tickets
>2 of my friend ditch last minute because they wanted to go to shit house party
>last guy gets peer pressured into going to party as well as we are literally about to leave.
>have a bit of an argument
>fuck this i am going by myself
>in club
>get up front start dancing with few strangers, QT girl says do you smoke
>say yea
>go out smoking area and say im waiting for my mates to arrive
>pretend i smoke
>QT girl in group feels sorry for me
>get crazily drunk and have a laugh with a bunch people i dont know
>music is good.
>QT is dancing and grinding on me
>take QT girl home with me
>flatmates are in living room cooking food at 4am
>visibly mad that i got some puss and they dont
>get laid.

just dont be awkward as fuck and you could have a great time
>>
>>24993205
this only works when you look older,

tfw asians never fucking age till they're 30
>>
One time I had two shots because they were going around selling them and two girls came up to me and said let's do shots. I think I sort of smiled and then I took one of the shots and walked away
>>
>>24988666
Hey not same guy but I did something very similar. I know this is kinda cringey but I don't care I like doing it and it made me into 80% less of a robot. There was an airsoft place near my home and I saw some videos of other people doing it so I figured it'd be fun and you get to wear masks so I went down there alone and smoked before hand. I went trying to be like an alpha chad (joking/talking with people there and employes) and literally everyone loved it and just talked back and were super nice. Most of them are my age 24+ so on weekends some of us go out and drink and honestly I made a good bunch of friends from just starting airsofting. I still go but much less due to relationship
>>
>tfw your life will never be a New Order song
>>
>>24993205
>just don't be awkward as fuck

Welp, guess clubbing is out of the picture for me.
>>
>>24994383

Nobody cares if you feel awkward. They literally can't tell unless you visably look awkward just adjust your body language so that you look relaxed and in turn you will feel relaxed and more confident. So will other people. You get vibes off other people, you give them out.

I remember being in a bar once, there was some techno night going on... There was this really really weird atmosphere in the smoking area. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Like everyone was frozen to the spot... I could sense something really bad was going to happen. As I made my way past a bunch of dudes instinct caught up with me.. I looked where everyone else was looking right at the moment some guy got a glass smashed right into his face. All I can say is that I felt terrible and when you're in a club and theres a lot of other people having a good time its not hard to join in with that.
>>
>>24994929
I am generally pretty awkward but don't look it. I spent a few months travelling by myself in Europe and went to a lot of great techno parties.
I would

>sit in hostel common area drinking beers until someone started talking to me
>get just drunk enough that one more in the club would make me drunk enough to have the courage to search for drugs when I arrived
>Find drugs, get high, hang out on the floor and chat to whoever was next to me on the couches when I sat down.

In the two years since I got back and have been out with friends I have spoken to less strangers all up than I would have in one night when travelling. Kinda sad really.
>>
>>24988765
trancefamily
>>
I'm interested in going to a club, but I think a lot of modern electronic music is ugly and depressing. What kind of club music is still around that is most like New Order?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.