[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is intelligence such a massive turn off for women? all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11
File: catfood.jpg (96 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
catfood.jpg
96 KB, 800x800
Why is intelligence such a massive turn off for women? all the girls i know love dumb loud chads
>>
>>24985207
yes women have not evolved pass the caveman era they are still attracted to brute types.
>>
>>24985207
A lot of Chads are actually smart.

It's not intelligence that turns them off, it's personality traits that are associated with some types of high intelligence.
>>
intelligence and confidence usually have an inverse relationship
>>
>>24985207
>work grocery/retail past 10 years
>notice the types of men who have gf's and those who don't
It's a fact. Women love the boisterous faggot who stares everyone down like he's going to shoot them. It's hilarious how he walks out the store carrying the bread and she walks out carrying the beer and other heavy shit.
>>
>>24985207
It's not, you just assume women like stupidity.
>implying women are stupid.
>inb4 fuckin whiteknight get out my board REEEEEEEE
>>
File: Fuck Kill me I guess.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Kill me I guess.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1200
>>24985383
This anon nailed it. Women actually like functioning smart guys because they have the greatest chance of success. The key word there is "functioning". There's kind of a bellcurve in terms of intelligence where you're smart AND have a pretty resilient mind. However, the further you slide on either end of the spectrum the more likely it becomes that you're going to be mentally or socially fucked up in some way (or both). Now severe retards and geniuses have different kinds of mental problems, but the one common factor they both share is that they dry up pussy like salt on a snail. However, the socially common thing that people take from it is that women don't like smart people, mainly because most people have a hard time grasping that correlation=/=causality.
>>
Both Chad and Stacy types act far dumber than they actually are in the name of "fun." No one wants to be Boring Bill or Betty so they play everything up so people have to pay attention to and acknowledge them, because they know if they just blend into the background they'll quickly be left in the dust socially. They have to act like someone they're not because they don't think anyone would like them or want them around if they didn't play up the image, and since that notion is largely correct they play the game so they don't end up in a place like this. There are some genuine people that embody those ideals but taking all of it at face value isn't getting the full picture.
>>
>>24985548

This. A lot of "smart" guys are enormous pussies with anxiety disorders or self esteem issues.
>>
>>24985548
Nice, but also OP should note that being a loser or mentally fucked up does not mean he is intelligent for the same reasoning.
>>
>>24985207
Being a sperglord isn't being smart, anon.
>>
>>24985207

they are entertaining
they are easy to manipulate
they are always up for a good fuck
they are not "complicated" ( meaning nothing really challenging will come out of their brain )

vain people go for vain people
>>
>>24985207
Can we please give this cat a name already so it can finally become an epic meme?
>>
File: 1399855034240.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1399855034240.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>tfw too intelligent for gf
>>
>>24986532
This is the feels of the century
>>
>>24985548
>Women actually like functioning smart guys because they have the greatest chance of success
except women dont find intelligence itself attractive. they find the success and status gained from intelligence attractive.
>>
File: supreme gentleman approved.jpg (85 KB, 759x1092) Image search: [Google]
supreme gentleman approved.jpg
85 KB, 759x1092
>>24986532
Heh. I know that feel, brother.
>>
File: 1443020782949.jpg (15 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
1443020782949.jpg
15 KB, 419x249
>>24986497
>he thinks kot doesn't have a name
>>
>>24986651
Depends on how it manifests.

Having a quick wit and cracking perfect jokes is attractive, knowing how to fix her car is attractive, etc.

If the intelligence is entertaining and useful, it's attractive.
>>
>>24985397
>It's hilarious how he walks out the store carrying the bread and she walks out carrying the beer and other heavy shit.
Fucking Poland?
>>
File: 1368455851221.png (386 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1368455851221.png
386 KB, 500x667
>>24985207
Because women are all about feelings, and intelligence has nothing to do with feelings. When women even say they want an 'intelligent' man, they really mean they want a man who is emotionally perceptive.

Men who identify with their intelligence, i.e. nerds, are usually emotionally stunted bitter socially inept beta doormat faggots who have no idea how to give a woman what they want. Usually they're too scared to even ask a girl out directly. Your post is literally "why do women always choose the assholes over nice guys like me?" - you are conforming to the stereotype.

I know this because I used to identify with my intelligence. Then I actively learned social skills and over time I realized all the things that I was doing wrong, saw what an autist I was being and understood why nobody liked me.
>>
>>24986755
Commiefornia, actually. Big bad chad carries the light shit and his muh bitch carries the rest of their essentials.
>>
>>24985207
you can be intelligent and socially intelligent, or intelligent and socially unintelligent.
a lot of those who are the latter will think the former are unintelligent purely because of their social skills which, having none themselves, they falsely believe intelligent people can't have.

and people are generally attracted to people of roughly equal intelligence, usually.
>>
>>24985548
>>24985853
>i-i-its the confidence im attracted to i swear guiss!!
>>
>>24986745
Not really.

The "women like guys who can make them laugh" thing is literally just a meme. Being a clown is an easy way to get attention from girls without ever getting laid.

Women laugh in order to diffuse tension, and that's what she wants when she says she wants a man to make her laugh. She wants a man who can create tension.

If you want to use your "intelligence" for getting girls to like you, you might as well go learn pua. Try RSD, its usually quite scientific and has a lot of theory that you can obsess about while you try to skirt around the crippling emotional issues that are your real problem. Don't follow the 'street pickup' faggots because they're just in it for the youtube views and they're not going to teach you anything useful.
>>
>>24985548
nah women are just full of shit they say they want intelligent men but they date the biggest thug they can find.
>>
>>24985207
I'm female and for me the most important thing a bf/gf has to be is intelligent, after that comes attractiveness and then creativity/humor
>>
>>24985207
You're projecting, so many people grew up believing that even though they were ugly it's whats on the inside that counts.

What they don't realize you're inside can be good and you can be handsome too!
>>
>>24986949
>intelligence is the most important thing
>her dating history is full of tyrones and chads and their median IQ is below 90
>>
>>24985384
This. 284949494
>>
Intelligence isn't a massive turnoff for women, it's actually the opposite. Women love a smart guy.
However, a guy who is painfully aware of how smart he is (or isn't) appears condescending and women don't like that.
I'm generally regarded as very intelligent by everyone I know, i'm unsure why, but i've had a lot of positive female attention because of this.
>>
ikr op my mom thinks im nice too wanna share each others dicks LOL!!!!
>>
>>24987003
Lmao I never dated anyone
>>
>>24986926
>The "women like guys who can make them laugh" thing is literally just a meme. Being a clown is an easy way to get attention from girls without ever getting laid.
>Women laugh in order to diffuse tension, and that's what she wants when she says she wants a man to make her laugh. She wants a man who can create tension.

so right. ive got this facade of being a super funny dude but it doesnt help anything trust me
>>
File: 1449872266764.jpg (115 KB, 800x504) Image search: [Google]
1449872266764.jpg
115 KB, 800x504
intelligence is just a meme word the same way as confident

anytime your actions merit acclaim from women (ie. you're some order of attractive) you'll be intelligent and whenever they don't you'll be nerdy or whatever the negative flipside. If you disagree with them you'll be argumentative or petty or aggressive (angry virgin etc.) and if you don't or if they just don't care enough it'll be a plus that you can challenge them and whatever. In any case, intelligence is a positive trait that's very easy to stick onto almost any conversation if people want to do so, just like confident (and if you act confidently but in an unaccepted way you'll get called creepy or uncaring or robotic instead)

just like always the ride never ends, but the fun part is when you can ask different people the same question at the same time and get diametrically opposite answers
>>
>>24985207
Your "intelligence" is actually an autistic toxic personality tbhfam
>>
>>24987068
>no nothing
>>
File: male_female_bell_curve_.png (17 KB, 429x241) Image search: [Google]
male_female_bell_curve_.png
17 KB, 429x241
>>24985207
IQ difference can be a huge problem. A women with an iq of 120 is actually very rare, as for men the ratio is about 1 to 5. You really think a girl wants to hang out with a guy with complete different interests and literally not understanding a word the guy is talking about.

Iq difference between 120 and 100 is almost same as a man with and iq of 100 is talking to borderline retarded (down syndrome man iq can be 60-70). So the difference is much bigger people realize. And yes, the kruger effect is very real too. Dumb people are the most confident in their skills.
>>
I'm intimidated by smart men. I'm waiting for them to realize I'm stupid and leave me.
>>
>>24987680

If a man leaves women for being stupid he will never have female companionship period.
>>
>>24987680
Trust me, we can tell.
>>
>>24985207
>Why is intelligence such a massive turn off for women
It's not.
>>
>>24985207
It's not. And if you had but a bit of intelligence, you'd stop glorifying yourself and "your intelligence". Girls don't like you because you're pathetic, not because you're "intelligent".
>>
File: 1449681147738.png (103 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449681147738.png
103 KB, 500x500
It's not that it's unattractive by itself, it's just almost irrelevant and possibly damaging if you aren't packing where you need i.e in the looks and personality and provider department.
>>
>>24986926

Not true at all. The only reason I've ever gotten laid is because I can make anyone laugh.

>>24986892

>anyone who disagrees with me is a woman!
>>
>>24985207
>Confusing intelligence with charisma
You're pretty retarded. At least think a little.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.