[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TOX instead of skype
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1450056699858.jpg (4 KB, 255x98) Image search: [Google]
1450056699858.jpg
4 KB, 255x98
Stop using Skype. Use Tox instead.

https://tox.chat/

>With the rise of government surveillance programs, Tox, a FOSS initiative, aims to be an easy to use, all-in-one communication platform that ensures full privacy and secure message delivery.

We have have a /pol/ group chat with regular chatters for a few months now. Here are instructions for how to join:

1. Install qtox or any other tox client, then add this ID (the Groupbot) as a friend 56A1ADE4B65B86BCD51CC73E2CD4E542179F47959FE3E0E21B4B0ACDADE51855D34D34D37CB5 by clicking the + icon at the bottom left corner of the client.

2. Wait a moment until Groupbot appears online. Every time you wish to join the chat room, send this message to Groupbot: invite 1 pol

Optional: Set up tox to use tor for anonymity: https://wiki.tox.chat/users/tox_over_tor_tot

Don't forget to keep a backup of your profile!
>>
>implying this is safe from the NSA
>implying anyone besides a terrorist actually needs to be safe from the NSA
>>
how safe is it
>>
>>24984980
>implying you understand end to end encryption, implying this coupled with tor is near unbreakable.
>implying the client itself isnt better then skype.

Just check out the C code its open source. I hate when robots do the muh NSA
>>
>>24985008
If you use tor with it its near 100% anonymous, plus its better then skype in that its easier to use and it allows for groupchats, text, and audio. and even lets you > greentext.

add me
2D3F92EED10E3A9002C542D3D8677E347ACF095DFD86A6885275906C0B31AC12367ACA6F03B9
>>
bumpEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEER
>>
>hey man you got skype
>nah I use tox, just add me at 35EGHHDHIHNNXQOWND32NDOJQWN
>>
>>24985434
quit being a faggot. Its pretty simple. CUT AND PASTE NIGGA
>>
>>24985434
I imagine someone can make a service that takes a unique name and transforms it to a tox id.
>>
>>24985503
Or just add the fucking byte code you faggots.
>>
>>24985014
"The project was originally developed on behalf of the U.S. intelligence community and continues to receive U.S. government funding, and has been criticized as "more resembl[ing] a spook project than a tool designed by a culture that values accountability or transparency".[20] As of 2012, 80% of The Tor Project's $2M annual budget came from the United States government, with the U.S. State Department, the Broadcasting Board of Governors, and the National Science Foundation as major contributors,[140] "to aid democracy advocates in authoritarian states".[12] The Swedish government and other organizations provided the other 20%, including NGOs and thousands of individual sponsors.[27][141] Dingledine said that the United States Department of Defense funds are more similar to a research grant than a procurement contract. Tor executive director Andrew Lewman said that even though it accepts funds from the U.S. federal government, the Tor service did not collaborate with the NSA to reveal identities of users.[142]"
thanks but no thanks mr. NSA
>>
>>24986028
Yes it was designed by the Navy to remain anonymous in communications. How do sites host so many hidden services and not get caught. Keep using naked IP goy.
>>
>>24986161
tor is marketed towards pedophiles and drug users so the spooks on the network are hidden and free to carry out their evil agenda.
>>
Wasn't tox dead?
>>
File: gay_kiss_0.jpg (108 KB, 630x472) Image search: [Google]
gay_kiss_0.jpg
108 KB, 630x472
>We have have a /pol/ group chat with regular chatters for a few months now. Here are instructions for how to join:

Right, because any sensible person would jump at the opportunity to listen to a bunch of underage rejects get triggered by feminism and niggers.

Fuck off back to >>>/pol/
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.