[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I grow out of apathy? I honestly don't care about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 512x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 512x279
How do I grow out of apathy?

I honestly don't care about anything. I'm a friendless NEET that sleeps 12 hours a day and lives in perpetual isolation. I don't care about friend, money, fame, love etc. I want nothing, I have no desires, I wake up and accept the day as it comes.
>>
>>24984928
Why would you want to start caring? You're not missing much.
>>
>>24984998
this desu senpai, take it from a failed normie, nothing will fill the void but instant gratification.
>>
>>24984928
Go on an adventure.
>>
here are some options

>find something to care about through trial and error
>passively hope life brings you something to care about
you can assess how likely this is on your own

>do nothing and live in apathy because it could be worse
>kill yourself

I think the last one is probably the best option.
>>
buy a bicycle
try to exercice a lil bit
eat fruit, veggies ( a lot of them )
try to stand on your head for several minutes a day ( its yoga pause ) it helps a lot for depression and other brain issues
try an activity which require connection with another human being

*listen to upbeat, positive music ( bossa nova, things you like )

STOP FAPPING
>>
>>24984928
how do you make money to live then? live with parents? or what
>>
>>24985142
Sounds like doing ones best to mask the truth.

Life is meaningless. Why even try?
>>
>>24985148
Mother supports me.
>>
>>24985191
anon you lucky as shit. My parents would straight up kick me out if I turned into a NEET. why the hell do they support you?

Why don't you get a job?
>>
>>24985221
>why the hell do they support you?

I don't know. My mother probably just feels bad for me.

>Why don't you get a job?

Fear.
>>
>>24985235
what have you done to make your mother feel bad for you?

you have to break away from this or at least start to take steps from this. You won't be able to live like this your whole life. How old are you?
>>
>>24984928
How many times a week do you masturbate?
>>
>>24985333
>what have you done to make your mother feel bad for you?

I have no friends, no education - nothing. My expectations are non existent.

>How old are you?

>>
>>24985395
Get out of here with this nofap bullshit.
>>
>>24985170

>Life is meaningless

i'm pretty sure you are saying this because of circumstances
and i'm also sure you never actually try the best you can to understand what life is about

stop the self pity for a moment
life is a mistery. you can choose to explore, or fall into whatever people do these days to pass time ( self pity is one of those things )
>>
>>24985423
fapping is like giving away your money to the fishes
just because it feels good

2 month and a half nofap here
FEELS GREAT
>>
>>24985444
Continue to delude yourself with lies and hedonism. Deep down you know that everything is meaningless, but you're too scared to look at the truth, which you are fully aware of.
>>
>>24985423
>Don't you dare take my addiction away!
>It's perfectly normal to masturbate 8 times a week, fucking my hand alone in the dark to some perverted shit!
>>
>>24985553
Think 20 times a week.

Stopping would do nothing.
>>
M8 I'm attractive and can put on a fake polite sweetheart personality to win people over but I still give no fucks about anything. I may or may not be a sociopath, don't really care either way. Butt, where I'm headed with this is that my approach to the bleak, ever-present meaninglessness of life is to ENTIRELY embrace it. Live in it, be aware of it always, and love it. Life being a meaningless exercise in futility does not mean you have to be all mopey, and withdrawn. Just be like Nietzsche. His take on it was using the emptiness as a reason TO live and TO be strong. I don't know man I smoke too much pot just live life and spiritually kick the emptiness in it's fucking teeth
>>
>>24984928
apathy generally comes from giving up.
it's not that you don't want friends, money, fame, love etc. it's that you've given up on all those things because you believe you cannot attain them for whatever reason.
once you've accepted that you're in the shit and want to get out instead of blatantly lying to yourself you can then start to do things. doing nothing is overrated as fuck, try doing things. something that helped me; go for a short walk right after you wake up, it clears your mind.
>>
>>24985553
>Not 8 Times a day
>>
>>24985593
>does not mean you have to be all mopey, and withdrawn. Just be like Nietzsche.
SERIOUS KEK
>>
>>24985500

dude.

i'm not scared at all. that's why i can go out and face life
don't you understand how stupid you sound when you say life is meaningless but you are also scared to go out and confront it?

if it's meaningless why arent you doing whatever you want?
if you are scared of something well, you are speaking from fear

come again when you made fear disappear from your life, senpai
>>
>>24985614
You have the kind of mentality that rich factory owners have. 'I made a fortune through capitalism so why don't they?'.

Maybe I would prefer to remain poor and true to myself.
>>
>>24985654
>don't you understand how stupid you sound when you say life is meaningless but you are also scared to go out and confront it?

You misunderstand my apathy. You seem to think that I am apathetic because I am a failed man, but maybe it's the other way around.
>>
get something to care about
i care about my online girlfriend, it's what i live for now.
>>
>>24985646
What?

Blocksocks
>>
>>24985814

wrong. apathy like fear has a reason.
your perspective on life is what makes you apathetic.
nobody is born apathetic. you become apathetic.
>>
>>24985878
>nobody is born apathetic. you become apathetic.
To be fair, there is a hereditary element to apathy but of course environmental factors and perspective are the biggest influences. Sadly, experiences during childhood are what shape our perspectives during adulthood.
>>
>>24986220

>there is a hereditary element
of course but it's not a big deal

>environmental factors
the biggest one is the diet. it you eat shit, you'll feel like shit. you are what you eat. i prefere to eat healthy nowadays.

>experiences during childhood
i agree. you have to sort all of this, understand it deeply and put it back where is belongs: in the past
and then you HAVE TO take responsability for your emotions, your mood, your physical state
can't put that shit on anybody else if you want to grow
>>
>>24984928
What the fuck is wrong with this?
This dude is living a god tier life.
Wish I could do this.
Shit, some people get life handed to them.
>>
>>24984928
Just get up and start doing things and you'll start to morph into an individual with things going on and the motivations that come with them, just as you morphed into an apathetic lethargic mess when you decided to drop out of life because of some stressor (ok I'm projecting here).
>>
File: gran.gif (869 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
gran.gif
869 KB, 240x228
>>24985444
>mistery

Learn basic grammar before giving life lessons
>>
>>24984928
You don't. You learn to live with it. You become apathetic towards apathy itself and achieve the ultimate nirvana of apathy.
Unless you manage to find something that interests you, but seeing how you hang out on r9k and post about apathy, I don't see that happening. Good luck anon.
>>
File: 1411171248697.jpg (353 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1411171248697.jpg
353 KB, 800x600
>>24984928

Caring is a curse, not a blessing.

What do you do all fucking day anyway?
>>
I think that you are probably just in a perpetual hibernation of feels, you can awaken it.

The feels will be ready when you are, you have to let them in.

Exercise, set a schedule.

Do 200 pushups daily, then do 300.
>>
File: 1446874302077.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446874302077.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
>>24984928

start taking some kind of tobacco, but not cigarettes

then go out camping/fishing with some music and books

or get a job
>>
>>24984928
In the apathy boat as well m8, don't see the point in rowing to the shore.
>>
>>24984928
Wouldn't your desire be to grow out of apathy right now?

Sounds like you're pretty chillin right now my man, I don't see the problem.
>>
I have the same problem senpai
Do things that you wanted to do before becoming apathetic
>>
File: img.jpg (158 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
158 KB, 1024x1536
I remember as a kid I used to read all the time - history, classic novels, etc, diving into dense books for hours on end. Recently I realized I could barely do that anymore and had stopped being excited at the idea of exploring new ideas - the reason was that internet, video games, etc had degenerated my ability to think beyond the next immediate bump of short-term gratification.

The things that bring people real satisfaction (relationships with others, gaining knowledge and wisdom, success in our career or passions, improving the world) take long-term effort and can be unsatisfying in the short term if your ability to appreciate them has atrophied. But I think the fact that OP is asking this question means he realized that this is no way to live and a person who cares about nothing and aspires to nothing is, at the end of the day, nothing. You can build those muscles back but (as I am learning) it is not always easy, and it requires the maturity to realize that your own mindset ultimately defines you. In between what you want to do and what you need to do there is duty, the things that you force yourself to do because you know in your mind that it's right even though you can't feel it anymore. So OP I dare you to organize yourself, put on a clean set of clothes and spend one week forcing yourself to do things that will benefit you in the long term, suffering through whatever boredom comes with it and then going to sleep knowing that you took one more step forward that day. And maybe we'll both remember how to be men again.
>>
>>24985614
What if they are genuinely unattainable? Am I not justified in being apathetic then?
>>
>>24988659
nothing is genuinely unobtainable, I know you're going to want to give me some crazy life story rant about how tough you have it but if you actually tried you could come up with a solution to it.
>>
>>24988349
This sounds nice. I used to love reading manga but feel like i outgrew them and lack the attention span for it. The fact that theres so much media out there for a neet in current times makes it that much more depressing. I think normies just do whatever normies do after theyre done working so they dont have any time for introspection or getting into things.

I remember being amazed at the kids in middle school who were dead set in knowing what they wanted to do in college...and again it came up in 12th grade when everyone was about to graduate. Same people, same goals for 7 years. I wish I had that in me but I just dont care about anything except killing time
>>
>>24985787
how so? i was pathetic and i put in the effort to overcome it.
it's up to you really.
>>24988659
if you believe it to be unattainable then you will continue to make it unattainable for yourself. getting out of the rut is a mixture of positive thinking and action.
>>
>>24985553
normies fuck their gfs at least once a day. how is it different, anatomically?

>muh companionship
KEK. some of us cant get gf's ever
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.