[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Failed normie support group
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: U5pQkDm.png (18 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
U5pQkDm.png
18 KB, 375x360
How are you coping with your situation?
Without wanting to sound pretentious or cocky, but seeing how good it can get and then failing miserably causes a lot of suffering. All that wasted potential is a breeding ground for regret.

>plenty of GF opportunities, had friends, loving family, good health, great opportunities in life
>26 now, khv, given up
>>
>>24980007
I'm not sure. A part of me thinks that maybe I'm not cut out for normie life so I should stop trying, but then the other side just thinks I'm being a quitter.
> hated being alone all day with no money
> hate interacting with people, faking with my friends and spending my days wagekeking instead of earning a degree
>>
File: kill me.jpg (72 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
72 KB, 500x375
I had a girlfriend that people envied. My friends and family were fucking shocked I scored a girl that was as hot as she was.
Then I fucked it up and she dumped me. All my friends moved away while I finish my masters degree. My life has fallen apart in the last year and a half.
>>
>>24981599

>maybe I'm not cut out for normie life

That's one of the most painful things to admit to yourself. I'm still in denial, even though everything is pointing towards it.
>>
>>24982275

At least you're still working on getting a degree and job.
>>
File: 1447222171725.png (207 KB, 1023x815) Image search: [Google]
1447222171725.png
207 KB, 1023x815
>>24980007
Everyone here is a failed normie for even wanting a gf

A gf is by definition something normies strive for. Robots are the exact opposite, so your remaining options are gay, 2D or "asexual"
>>
>>24982431

A girlfriend or lack of thereof isn't the only requirement to be a "normie". You also need to be able to function socially, have friends, get along with your family, have ambition, aspire to something etc.
>>
>had a gf for a few years
>been with a couple of grills
>recently got first fuckbuddy
>despite this girls rarely speak to me
>have a motorbike, yet no motorbike friends

Still fucking hate the limitations I set on myself. I want to be more extroverted and confident but it seems fucking impossible. Nobody likes when people change after all.

On a good note, I'm realising that putting everything into chasing girls is not worthwhile.
>>
why am i so self-sabotaging?
I literally told a really nice, albeit insane and clingy, girl that i didnt want a relationship the other day so that instead i can try and hit on another girl even though im deathly scared of actual hitting on people and if it fails it kind of ruins everything

it's like i don't really want to be happy
i probably don't to be fair
>>
I fucked up too, OP.
>had friends and a gf
>unintentionally push friends away
>doesn't matter, was too happy with my gf
>she distances herself from me slowly
>don't really notice because I was so happy with how smooth it seemed at the time
>she ends it
>have no friends
>have no gf
>family never liked me to begin with
It's been a rough 2 years but I'm still in school so that's cool
>>
I am actually pretty socially successful, well liked by my grad school peers and frequently invited to events and outings etc. I maintain a few circles of friends and am able to socialize well with girls generally. Part of this has to do with the fact that I put a lot of work into my appearance, humor, and conversational skills. Thing is I just never figured out how to get a gf, shit is baffling, there are girls I've had chances with but I am too beta and crippled by inexperience to keep one around let alone make a move in the first place. People would be surprised to learn I am a virgin because I have become so good at putting up a facade of being socially well-adjusted. My whole life has been a sham since I missed out on training wheels in high school, OP is absolutely right that coming close to normalcy makes it that much worse.
>>
>>24983103

>but I'm still in school so that's cool

Try and make something out of it. That's generally the easiest way to find new friends/relationships. After that it gets worse, but as long as you don't end up a NEET there's still hope.

>>24983543

I don't see the problem. It sounds like you have it all in place for a successful "attempt". I don't know how old you are, but you need to know one thing: the regret 5 years down the road is much worse than the silly rejection from today.
t. someone who was too reluctant (read: too stupid) to pursue a relationship with a girl (probably love of my life) which had interest in me; now 7 years later she has a long term relationship and about to get married.
>>
>>24981599
you're bound to meet some robots in uni, i've made friends with one and some normies accept me for who i am. I was expecting it to be worse, but sometimes opportunities are right in front of you
>>
>>24983844
Thanks for the encouragement anon, and sorry to hear about your situation... regret is a bitch and you put things in perspective for me.

I recently turned 24, which is behind the curve as far as first relationships go, but I know things will only get harder with age so it's make or break time.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.