[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shinji
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: killme.gif (497 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
killme.gif
497 KB, 500x282
>mfw I realize the reason I hated NGE is because Shinji is literally me
I thought I'd grown up but I'm no different to how I was 6 years ago.
I'll never be able to change and I don't think I even want to.
End my life.
>>
Just accept it mane, you just need to chill.
>>
>>24979755
How? The prospect of being like this for another 50 years is bloody terrifying.
I'd rather be dead.
>>
>>24979774
You said that you can't change, if that so why worry about things you can't control?
It's like worrying about all the different ways the earth could end tomorrow. Why? It's not like you can do anything.

>I'd rather be dead.
Kill yourself then, it doesn't have to be today, just do it when you feel like you've got nothing left that you want to experience. Just because you have 50 odd years left it doesn't mean you have to experience them all.
I don't plan on living past 40 and that's fine, since it's not like I'll have a family by then. By then I would have done everything that I wanted to do/can do and I should be at peace with myself hopefully.

Worrying just causes more problems, why not try take things a day at a time.
>>
>>24979880
Thanks. This is better than most of the bs I usually get fed here.
If you're like me then don't you feel bad/guilty about being this way?
>>
>>24979774
Dont feel so bad, things seem to have worked out for Hideaki Anno.
>>
>>24979977
He was only depressed though, wasn't he?
>>
>>24980032
Nah, he had alot of issues. He was pretty much he prototypical robot. He got lucky though and basically made a show about himself that resonated with Japan.

He stopped being depressed after it became a success and scored a wife.
>>
>>24979912
>If you're like me then don't you feel bad/guilty about being this way?
I used to but then I realised that I am a result of a large string of events that had equal probability of never happening, none of this was planned and there's no-one to blame. I can't use that energy or anger, so I just let it flow over me.

Other people can't say I'm doing wrong as I have no purpose, so I can't have a fault. Therefore anything I choose to do is right, unless I regret it later but by then the decision is already made and nothing can be done.

At the face value, if someone doesn't like who I am it is equally their fault for having expectations as it is my fault for being an asshole. However at a deeper level, these ideas are only learnt from what we experience and are given genetically, both of which are dealt entirely at random like a lottery and you can't blame someone for losing or winning the lottery.

When you give up yourself for others expectations is when you lose who you are. I am a lazy cunt and that's just who I am and what I like.

People get annoyed by my passiveness but realistically, whether I make a decision or not makes little difference as with all the different variables and people, eventually whatever invention I could possibly make would be made by someone else.

Plus stress feels really bad and I don't like it so why not just avoid it.
tl:dr a mix of stoicism, determinism/absurdism and accepting my insignificance as neither a good or bad thing. Things aren't bad or good, they just are. Good/bad are subjective terms placed onto things for peoples agendas. Sorry if this is incoherent, I'm horrible at expressing myself.
>>
>>24980179
It is coherent and you are right of course.
It's just hard to accept.
>>
>>24980179
also despite what people think, we can choose our responsibilities. And that goes in levels, some devote themselves to the family, others the community, the nation/society, the world, the universe. I choose myself because that's what I care about, it's what I am most comfortable with and I only do what I want. My responsibility is staying alive and doing what I want.
But at the same time I can always change that, so later when I'm ready and if I want, I can take on responsibility as a manager or a member of the community and it is at that time, that complaints from those people become valid due to me representing them.
However at the moment, regarding anyone outside of myself, I don't owe it to them, and if they think so they are misguided since they are not my responsibility, I am my responsibility.
>>
That's why everyone hated NGE.

The concept for NGE came about because the creator saw how "otaku" obsessed over the fantastic mecha anime that was insanely popular at the time.

Pathetic, broken, social pariahs that would self-insert into these stories. Wanting to be a part of the adventure. If only they could get that same chance. If only they had the chance to be the hero.

What would happen if one of these miserable nerds ever got that chance?
That's what NGE was about. It would be horrible. It would be disastrous. They want to save the world, but they can't sort out their own pitiful lives.

NGE was hated because it made otaku confront the truth. If any of those spineless wimps got put into that situation, they would just fuck it up. Like they fuck up everything else in their lives.
>>
>>24980120
Nip society is more accomodating of people and entertainment like that though.
>>
>>24980361
It also just makes the story more believable.

Plenty of heroes are reluctant and forced into heroism.
>>
>>24980361
>NGE was hated because...
Except that's wrong you fucking idiot.
I'm the exception rather than the rule. Most people liked it for how insightful it was.
>>
>>24980374
> nip society
> more accomodating of betas and nerds

That's a good one. Anime and manga is more accepting of them,that's where the money is, but society at large is far harsher.
>>
>>24980446
The fact that anime, manga, and games about them can become so popular already tells you something.

As autistic as it sounds, Jap entertainment is usually deeper and more introspective than its American counterpart, where all most people want to do is shoot shit or watch it blow up for hours.
>>
>>24980399

You just don't remember the controversy when it first came out.
>>
I was born on December 14, 1997 and I can post on 4chan. What is this show?
>>
>>24980539
If you're not a troll, it's Neon Geneis Evangelion.

preemptive text for the robot
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.