[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here have a job they legitimately enjoy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 990x704) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 990x704
Does anyone here have a job they legitimately enjoy?
>>
My job's pretty good. Only really have a lot to do if something goes wrong and sometimes get free pizza. Choose my own availability and only get scheduled times I'm listed as available. Unlimited vacation time whenever I request it as long as it's long enough in advance. Only requirements are that my non-vacation availability has me able to work 8 hours over the weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) Pretty sweet deal tbqh
>>
I am going to be a scholl teacher in Germany. The internships have been much fun. Looking forward to work full time.
>>
I do research as a theoretical chemist.
Job is pretty comfy. I usually code and run simulations for 4-6 hours at home while watching films and listening to music and podcast. I also truly enjoy it.

Then i go to the labs, discuss with other researcher and organize experiments to test the simulations empirically. If no experiment is involved the lab stuff wont take me more than one hour.

The paycheck is ok I guess: 50k euros/year way more than what I need (here in Italy I could easily live with 15k euros/year)
>>
>>24978956

Black and a quote that isn't correct. Triggered.
>>
>>24978956
That's some Spengler tier shit.
>>
>>24979305
Hope that at least 10% goes right into savings. If it doesn't you should start
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 284x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 284x283
I'm a cop. I love it.
>>
pro poker player here. There are quite a few aspects of this occupation that I do enjoy
>set my own hours
>If I want to take a few days off I just do it
>Can live anywhere with an internet connection (I mostly play online)
>Complete meritocracy, i.e. the amount of money I make almost directly correlates to how much I am willing to study or play
>Don't have to deal with bosses or people at all

The downside is that I can go on losing for months at a time. On the flip side I get pretty manic and super-optimistic when I am winning often, but that hardly makes up for the near-suicidal depression I can find myself in after losing for 3months+ at a time.

>>24979305
bretty comfy
>>
im a security guard at the age of 18 i hate it and have depression but i get to listen to concerts from the outside so thats cool
>>
>>24979323

Im pretty frugal, Ive saved 90k euros in 2.5 years.
>>
>>24979424
>posts his name in the name field
literally kill yourself please
>>
I did. I work at a supermarket scrub in the fresh produce area.

But then too many changes happened at once and I got stuck with this godfucking awful assistant manager who shit at his job and no one has done fuck all about it even when other members of the department have complained and provided evidence of his incompetence.

problem is i cant leave b/c i dont know what i want to do. im only 21 but shit, i have no life goals or passions.
>>
File: Life_guard_spongebob.jpg (16 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Life_guard_spongebob.jpg
16 KB, 320x240
>>24978956

I'm only 19 and make jack shit, but I fucking love both my jobs.

Lifeguarding at a town beach on a lake
>Summer job
>Parents actually watch their kids so really don't need to save anyone that often
>Chill coworkers
>Bosses are chill as fuck
>Spend like 70% of my time on duty (still getting paid) just hanging out in the break room talking to my coworkers
>Break room is a cabin with no internet and very limited cell service, so we all pass the time talking to each other and doing random shit
>Get to see a beautiful sunset every day before closing
>Do a few swimming lessons for younger kids, the kids fucking loved me, made me promise to come back and do swim lessons the next year
>At the end of the summer, bosses let us stay overnight and have a party at the lake without their supervision. They knew full well we were gonna get drunk and high as fuck and they still let us.

YouTube Monetization
>Made like $900 in the past 6 months
>Really only off of one video
>Get to sit on my ass and watch the cash roll in
>Love film making so will probably make more once I'm out of college for break
>Parents are fucking amazed that I was able to just sit behind a computer and make actual money
>People are really impressed when they find out I actually have a following on YouTube

I might be a broke motherfucker, but I love what I do.
>>
>>24979435
90k in 500euro notes + timestamp or you are a liar, imho tbqh familia
>>
Upper elementary teacher
>interacting with kids is much better than with adults [bad social anxiety and autismo]
>feel like you're accomplishing something useful as opposed to being a pure wage slave
>roughly 3 months of vacation per year, plus extra personal leave that accumulates every year (I have like another month built up at this point)
>salary is not bad considering we work 3/4 as much as a typical job, plus we get good insurance and a pension
>have bosses and rules about what curriculum to use, but in terms of actual teaching and lessons we are totally autonomous

Only shitty parts of teaching are the ones caused by adults--pointless meetings during my planning times, parents who are retarded, bureaucracy/paperwork that serves no educational purpose.
>>
File: 1450047875817.jpg (6 KB, 118x113) Image search: [Google]
1450047875817.jpg
6 KB, 118x113
I work in a library that no one goes to

I get paid $20/hr to sit and do whatever I want on the internet for 8 hours
>>
>>24979605
lmao this fucking kid

just thinking about how hard you're going to get railed by life makes my dick diamonds
>>
>>24979381
any sweet strats?
>>
>>24978956
I enjoy it. I mainly just run an odd little swap/buy/sell business. Most of my business depends on who I know and thank fuck because I don't know a lot. Either way, I've been working this for 3 years since I left high school and just at what I figure is ~80k a year.
>>
I work at a large inner city middle school doing general IT stuff. I'm under the jurisdiction of the school district's tech department, so I don't have to handle the higher level group policy management/server maintenance, and I can escalate any issues that I can't solve myself, so it's a lot lower stress than previous network administration jobs. I also run an after school Minecraft club twice a week for the kids, which makes a lot of them look up to me/try to impress me/yell my name around campus - "Mr. Anon!", and that makes me feel pretty good.

I generally get the same days off that the students do, including summer (paid). It's awesome. Only downside is that it isn't very high-paying (Only take home a little under 30k after taxes) or technically challenging, so I should probably find something a little more intense soon, or I'll end up being there for 30 years.
>>
>>24980505
or just do something valuable with your spare time
>>
>>24979605
how do i into becoming lifeguard?

asking for a friend
>>
I fucking love my job desu, its the only thing that keeps me going.

I chain cows and bulls the old fashion way, with kicking and punching and so on, its a very dangerous job, but it give me thrills till my very ending of my butt, its always they or me, i freaking cant get enough of this feel. Got to feed nearly 400 cows on daily basis, with a fucking fork, it makes you ripped and when you are home you can sleep tight. Fuck gfs, all you need is fun
>>
>>24978956
Yeah, I'm in HR. EZ as fuck job and I get good pay
>>
Who the fuck saves money in bills in their house?

He has that shit invested if he is not a retard.
>>
I'm a mixologist. Best decision I ever made. Drunk sloots don't notice you're a robot and just want the social validation of hooking up with "the bartender " Apart from that I hate the music and atmosphere. I like making drinks. Some of it can be like chemistry. And magic. Burning things and chopping things on the go. Just hate the people.
>>
File: 1442826273031.png (1 MB, 1300x1839) Image search: [Google]
1442826273031.png
1 MB, 1300x1839
city firefighter here
>Get paid 80,000 a year with overtime
>Got a good crew of best friends (subjective, sometimes new guys get stuck with really shitty crews that don't teach them, I got lucky)
>My job by definition is essentially to break shit and put out fire
>Introvert in disguise, so I have small apartment with a fuck ton of savings

I was once a Robot NEET fellas, if I can do it, you guys can do it. Only drawback is you could die really.
>>
I work at a hotel on the beach in Florida. Lido beach, among the best in the country. My job is to supervise the pool and the beach, and provide guests with towels, beach chairs, and information. It's beautiful out here, and I get to watch the sunset every night. When it's slow, I can spend about 5 of the 8 hours on my shift in the recreation office playing smash bros online or listening to music, whatever I feel like. Free meals prepared by hotel chefs are prepared twice daily. Everything on the menu is half off for employees, and everything in the gift shop is 25% off. I know everyone on the staff, I've never had a problem with anybody. I get to see bikini clad 10/10 girls every single day. For the past week, an all girls soccer league from the ages 17-19 stayed at my hotel, there were about 300 girls here. My pay is $10/hr plus tips, and I don't have any bills to pay so it's definitely enough for me. On a really busy day, we'll make $100 in tips. The company is always doing nice things for us, like special lunches and all that. Before thanksgiving they gave us all free turkeys and had a little party. They're having an employee Christmas party next week with tons of great prizes being raffled off, ps4s, 40 inch tvs, beats headphones just to name a few. They also have live music out on the pool deck every weekend, and a big projector screen where we show movies for the kids. The best part of the job for me is being surrounded by the nature of Florida at all times. Every day I watch Ospreys fish, Dolphins play, manatees swim, and all sorts of small creatures run around, living in harmony with our business. I love it here. I love it so much I just wrote this wall of text.
>>
I work for a video game company in Silicon Valley. I make more than most people here, but in relation to the prices I pay, I'm pretty equal with most.

We get lunch or breakfast every single day, have tons of video games set up if your mind ever needs a break, and since my job is pretty reactionary I'm normally working on projects I want to do and not just grunt work.

We had a big Christmas party on Friday with open bar, tons of food, and a live band. My friend won a $3000 travel voucher.

This week, my company rented out a theater to watch The Force Awakens on opening day. Not at the midnight opening, but for the next day, during work, so we can go home afterwards.

And the best thing of all, it's something I wanted to do since childhood.
>>
>>24979324
Fucking kill yourself you cunt
>>
I'm a web dev. Work is hard, but most of the time, the output looks really nice and polished.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.