[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw played guitar for literally 15 years >i'm still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (417 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
417 KB, 1600x1200
>tfw played guitar for literally 15 years
>i'm still no better than someone who has been playing for one or two years

Us robots are just not destined to be good at anything, are we?
>>
>>24978481
get a new hobby then, obviously you're rubbish at guitar
>>
post a vocaroo. if nothing else you can impress retards who don't play music at all.
>>
Did you have an instructor?
Did you make an effort to get better or did you wank around when you were playing?
How often did you practice and for how long?

I've been playing synth for 3 years, but I didn't start getting good until a year ago when I buckled down to get good. Before that I was making dumb loop pedal ambient jams and abstract textures.
>>
>>24978481
Iktf anon, been playing for the same amount of time.
The real heart breaker that broke my interest in guitar was in highschool.
>me and friends form a band
>have tons of fun with them
>too good to be true
>one day they stop telling me to go over
>think they just got bored so whatever
>one day they talk and laugh about how good bad practice was
>realize they stopped inviting me on purpose
>cry like a bitch when I get home and never leave my house much after that because they were my only friends
>they still have the band going and get tons of pussy from stupid girls
Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>24978481

you need to actually put effort into learning you fucking idiot

>why cant i just naturally play guitar even though ive wanted to for a long time boo hoo
>>
File: 1447072827911.png (96 KB, 332x333) Image search: [Google]
1447072827911.png
96 KB, 332x333
>>24978481

>learning programming
>have to google a problem I'm stuck on
>results are school help forums for 12 year olds
>>
>>24978481
same here tbqh family i even had a really expensive teacher for the first 2 years. whatever. i gave up on gay power metal shredding and just play noise rock and doom metal most of the time.
>>
>>24978894
Yeah pretty much this, although I was going to post something in this vein in a friendlier tone.

If you have not improved in that amount of time you really need to change up your study habits (if you have any at all.) Save up some cash and hire a teacher!
>>
>>24978776

>Before that I was making dumb loop pedal ambient jams and abstract textures.

Fucking hell. I'm at that point and I don't think I'll ever move past. I did however venture a bit into instrumental techno a la Elektro Guzzi.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.