[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here have a personality disorder? Which one and how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: therapist.jpg (28 KB, 600x459) Image search: [Google]
therapist.jpg
28 KB, 600x459
Anyone here have a personality disorder?

Which one and how does it affect you?
>>
I want to be a hermit but I'm a coward. Don't want friends or a career. Just want to be by myself.
>>
>>24978003
That sounds like schizoid personality disorder. Have you had an autism spectrum disorder diagnosis?
>>
File: 1407544949044.jpg (10 KB, 350x334) Image search: [Google]
1407544949044.jpg
10 KB, 350x334
I have borderline personality disorder. I'm like a complete monster to the people I love, I cut myself all the time, I do drugs every day, and keep getting psychotic breaks.

I try to hide it all and I've never told anyone I had it because I'm so ashamed, I got like the second worse personality disorder ever after anti-social. My mom was borderline and she'd try to kill me sometimes and spent all our grocery money on alcohol, I hate her so much for giving me this illness.
>>
>>24978056
Have you been able to maintain any close relationships?

Do you think that telling people would make things better or worse?
>>
>>24978048

Don't know but I always had trouble socializing. Didn't want to but "anon go mage som frends :DDDD"

also

>tfw autist AND stupid
>>
>>24978097
Would you like to have friends?
>>
>>24978108

faque no
>>
I probably have ASPD

it's like using cheat codes in a video game, makes everything easy but in the end not as satisfying as it seems to be for people who play properly
>>
I have avoidant personality disorder. I just cant make friends because any sort of self expression terrifies me. I am worried they will bully and hurt me once I show any signs of weakness. I want to have friends so badly but I am just too insecure and my self esteem is too low. I cant even use voice chat online because I am so scared of being judged.
>>
File: 1423237405222.png (725 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1423237405222.png
725 KB, 1024x768
>>24978003
Rei
>>24978056
Asuka
>>24978139
Shinji
>>
>>24978090
Yeah, I've mostly just had online relationships and they're always really rocky. There was this girl held my hand and snuggled with me for a month or so and when I found out she was dating someone drank all day for like three weeks and I'd send her pics of me being drunk at like 8 am just to upset her. I wish I could learn to react to things in a healthy way.
>>
>>24978137
What are your goals in life? It must be different for people who lack empathy and/or a desire for strong emotional bonds.
>>
>>24977980
Schizoid personality disorder here. Good thing i'm a useless NEET to match.
>>
>>24978162
In a way, Borderline personality disorder is like the opposite of Autism.

You probably have a really great understanding of people and relationships, but you seem to keep sabotaging them out of insecurity. Do you form attachments easily with others?
>>
>>24978199
Yeah I fall in love with people just after meeting them, even cashiers. I think about them a lot and draw them. I have very few platonic friendships though, I mostly keep to my room all day.
>>
>>24978228
To be honest, that sounds like hell. You have more to give than most other people but most people wont accept you.
>>
Schizoid personality disorder here. It feels like dying of thirst in the middle of the ocean. According to others I'm well adjusted if not a little weird but something inside of me just doesn't let me take the leap. Even though I'm aware of it I can't really bring myself to care about it, or much anything else. I'm sorry I'm really bad at explaining shit
>>
>>24978169

maintain a comfy lifestyle basically

have zero interest in kids/marriage which seems to be most peoples long term goal
>>
>>24978400
Do you have interest in sex?
>>
I have Schizoid personality disorder. Psych diagnosed it so its legit. There is no way I will ever get a wagekek job, I simply can't deal with the human interaction. I have 0 friends, thats normal for people with this... And relationships are rare so... thats not very comforting. Although I did lose my desire to be in a relationship recently so that kind of evens it out.
>>
avoidant, I have a lot of time on my hands
>>
>>24978466
do you desire sex?

i'm a schizoid i don't care about 'relationships' but man do i want to at least be able to have sex every once and awhile.
>>
>>24978410

not really, unless I can use it to get something else out of a girl

usually it seems people like me are extremely promiscuous, I guess because it's a power trip to seduce someone but my social circle includes women who fuck hundreds of people so it doesnt seem that way to me
>>
>>24978500
Not really. Every once in a blue moon when I'm extra horny I'll fap to the thought of doing it with an actual girl. I don't know whether or not it's conditioning but I'm content with masturbating. Even in my fantasies whenever I'm obsessed with a girl or whatever I don't really imagine having sex with her, just cuddling or taking a bullet for her or something crazy like that. But even then the feelings never feel real, they feel real in the fantasy but they don't touch my core, if that makes any sense. But I'm just ranting now, sorry
>>
>>24978500
Difficult question because I've never actually had a woman alone with me that wanted to. I don't exactly know how I'll feel about exposing myself to another human being.

I used to desire sex but I'm not exactly sure now, its been too long since I chatted with women.
>>
>>24977980
Borderline Personality Disorder

Because of my distance and on/off optional apathy. I used to manipulate people a lot without realizing it, but now that I've been trained to realize when I am doing it, I actively avoid it. A lot of impulsiveness and random too-intense anger. Can't find the thing I am looking for? FUCK THE WORLD AND KILL EVERY KITTEN

I'm more toned down by a long shot, but sometimes things happen too fast for me to filter. It's also hard to know who you are, because you are everyone you are around without trying to be.
>>
>>24977980

Sadistic personality disorder

Got removed from the DSM but I fit all the criteria
>>
File: 958311976.jpg (39 KB, 312x247) Image search: [Google]
958311976.jpg
39 KB, 312x247
>>24978761
>tfw no borderline gf
>>
>>24978778
It took a long time to realize that other people are capable of feeling as deeply as me, so when I was young I was a very mean gf. Borderline gfs are mean and manipulative.
>>
>>24978778
Girls with BPD are seriously annoying, especially in a relationship. Speaking from experience here. I've known several and they are all drama queens who will mess with your mind and make your life hell.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450007694189.jpg (9 KB, 320x288) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450007694189.jpg
9 KB, 320x288
>tfw was thinking about something like this thread earlier

Nothing special, I have clinical depression with high general/social society, meme but diagnosed.

Self diagnosed I'd say something schizod/typical or paranoia, but eh.
>>
>>24978761
You would make a great yandere gf.
>>
>>24978778
>borderline gf

Few men recover after a LTR with a borderline.
>>
>>24978960

Well, part of it is an initial wave of attention and interest. When the thrill is gone, it's gone and there's no real fight to get it back. Then when the other person is hurt, sometimes it can be funny. Not funny, really, but I've laughed at making someone cry because to me that statement wasn't anything bad enough to cry over. Not really laughing at them crying, but of course that's what it looks like so then I'm the asshole.
>>
My life is a fucking catch-22. I can't go to a therapist/psychologist to get help for my anxiety disorder because I have too much fucking anxiety to tell anyone that I have an anxiety disorder. I literally cannot bring myself to talk to anyone, ever.
>>
>>24979033
Maybe you could write a letter to a therapist explaining everything. Then mail it, asking for them to contact you. After that, just bring a letter with you every time. Write down stuff that you feel shitty about, things you'd like to work on. Keep it for yourself in notebook. Bring that notebook along, so if you find it hard to talk you can just hand over the notes and your therapist can speak with you. It doesn't have to be so bad.
>>
Schizoid. It's not bad. I wouldn't bother getting it diagnosed but I'm completely certain myself.

Does anyone else have strong feelings toward it? Because I don't consider it a disorder and sometimes I wish I had something interesting.
>>
>>24978778
There are many many girls with BPD on tumblr.
>>
>>24979033

I'm kind of the same way. I don't go to a professional to talk about my problems because I feel uncomfortable giving another person the power to decide what my diagnosis is.
>>
>>24978902
That sounds ideal, I want to be hurt and used.
>>
>>24978761
>FUCK THE WORLD AND KILL EVERY KITTEN

This sentence is how I know for a fact you are a woman
>>
>>24979201
You should respect yourself more than that.
>>
>>24979207
You shouldn't respond to me just because you figured out that I'm female. It perpetuates the hatred of females derailing threads just by being aloof and having a vagina.
>>
File: 883810350.png (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
883810350.png
42 KB, 400x400
>>24979279
You don't know my life, anon.
>>
>>24979309
I don't, but the clues aren't hard to follow...

You want someone to treat you like shit. No one wants that but people that haven't known anything else... respect yourself more, Anon, and better people will flock to you. You won't even want someone to laugh in your face.
>>
>>24977980
>narcissistic personality disorder
>borderline personality disorder
>dependent personality disorder

just kek my shit up senpai
>>
File: 1449520747099.jpg (137 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
1449520747099.jpg
137 KB, 1000x600
>>24978048
Not him but with similar dreams and an official ASD diagnosis.

The only thing that really changed is that I'm now very much looking out for symptoms on myself, I catch myself doing autistic shit all the time now and it sucks, I can't make my brain act differently and it bothers me greatly.
>>
File: over.png (6 KB, 345x462) Image search: [Google]
over.png
6 KB, 345x462
>>24978778
>tfw no perfect gf who loves you unconditionally despite your problems

I know it's unrealistic but I can't just turn these feelings off.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.