[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here is on antidepressants? I just got put on effexor and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: 1449005372416.jpg (666 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1449005372416.jpg
666 KB, 666x666
Who here is on antidepressants?
I just got put on effexor and I want to know what to expect.
>>
Not on ADs but RN working in mental health. Expect your mood to be largely unchanged for the first month or so, then you will begin to notice that you have more motivation and notably less anxiety. Whats your dose?
>>
>>24976997
37.5 mg, starting
>>
>want to do drugs
>shrink puts me on ssris
>they make drugs and my dick not work
How long after dropping zoloft can I take serotonin drugs again?
>>
Prozac here.
Don't know how many mg though cause i couldn't be arsed to ask my doctor what he prescribed me (or look on the bottle)
>>
>>24976609
im on 40mg celexa, expect nothing in terms of better mood. all its given me so far was initially nausea and drowsiness, now its just my dick thats still dead
>>
File: polished_pepe.png (401 KB, 600x696) Image search: [Google]
polished_pepe.png
401 KB, 600x696
I hear antidepressants stunt growth
>>
>>24977724
how long have you been taking it? talk to shrink/GP about changing to something else.
>>
>>24977798
a couple months, so hopefully itll kick in soon, or as you say ill talk to my shrink
>>
File: Zoloft.jpg (42 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Zoloft.jpg
42 KB, 500x400
Fucking Zoloft has put me between a rock and a hard place.

Before taking them / after I tried going off them
>Insanely depressed
>Suicidal
>Tried to an hero
>Hated my life
>Never felt happy for months

After taking Zoloft
>Dick doesn't work
>No interest in sex
>Most things bore the shit out of me

I was initially on 50mg, but then I had one incident where I admitted to thinking of an heroing and my shrink doubled my fucking dose.
>>
I wish I could be on them. Was told no. Apparently they will fuck me up because my brain is stupid.
>>
>>24977858

fellow unfortunate zoloft user reporting in. Life has been significantly worsened by it. Best idea is probably to try and avoid SSRI's
>>
>>24977724
>40mg celexa
Same here. Had bad nausea and insomnia for a week. On the plus side, it's done wonders for my no-fap efforts.
>>
>>24977858
i took zoloft also and my dick stopped working. I started hearing voices when going to sleep also.
>>
>>24978222
yea you've got that right, its given me a lot more time to... well do nothing...
>>
>>24978248
Have you been on them before? Been on and off celexa and prozac for a few years now and would be interesting to hear your experiences.

I've found they do a good job of knocking out the lowest points/moods, but then sort of neutralise everything else as well. Taken myself off them a few times without consulting the doctor (stupid, I know) and usually have a few good months before things getting horrendous again.

I haven't told my GP about my occasional bouts of severe dissociation though, ironically because I don't want her to think I'm crazy.
>>
>>24978345
cant say i have, they are pretty strict on not giving out antidepressants to anyone under 23 over here, the younger the stricter.

i still get my lows often, as recently as ereyesterday. unfortunately for me nothing brought any enjoyment anyway, even way before the meds.
>>
>>24978434
Where do you live? They gave me antidepressants when I was 16.
>>
>>24976609
Lexaurin here.
>>
>>24978477
from denmark, and you?
>>
Gonna be put on Celexa. How do I get off it? I want to be put on a benzo or GABA-derivative, like gabapentin, instead. Should I say I'm having nightmares every night, can't get my dick up, and I'm hallucinating like a motherfucker?
>>
>>24978499
USA. makes sense lol.
>>
>>24978523
yea it does, even more so when considering i hid it from everyone for years. looking back on it i think that given how much i isolated myself should have been at least some kind of sign my dad should have seen, oh well, cant blame him for my fuck ups...
even then i did see a few shrinks back in the day, can only say they actually made things worse.
>>
>>24978434
Keep sticking with them, anon. They do take a while to really start working, but they do help. Especially in conjunction with talking therapy/CBT.
>>
>>24977358
Fully out of you system within a couple of days.
>>
>>24978798
i hope you are right, so far the therapy is more annoying than helping
>>
>>24976609
Shit will disable your dick either through making your erections weak or numbing the glans sensitivity. Expect an emotional rollercoaster from hell the first weeks. Not everybody gets those though, but the vast majority gets the libido and dick issues. I've tried escitalopram and effexor, and i gave up both after 7-8 weeks because i saw no improvement but a clusterfuck of side effects (apart from the stuff i've already mentioned we have shit like brain zaps and the famous zombie mode). Escitalopram stabilized my heartbeat (was and is very jerky), scary stuff. I believe it also made my poop smell different...

Imo (rather common opinion though) only ever touch SSRI/SNRI as a last resort, after trying therapy/CBT etc or if you're in such a bad spot that there isn't any viable alternatives (reason why i tried them in the first place).

There are alternatives like wellbutrin, but that one is more of a stimulant and is likely to either do nothing about or worsen anxiety. Wellbutrin doesn't affect serotonin which means no dick problems and likely no brain zaps. Honestly it should be what any depressed person without anxiety issues gets prescribed first. But then again who gives a shit, pretty much all treatment resistant depression comes in the form of major depression + anxiety issues. Even turbonormalfags can get severely depressed, but massive anxiety issues on the other hand is something deeper and is much much harder to deal with.
>>
On third week of Sertaraline 100mg.

Anyone had experience with it?

Feel sick as shit, restless, and can't sleep.
>>
>>24979120

100mg of Zoloft too, dude. Basically, these have been the side effects:

>Generally more bored
>Takes an hour to jerk off
>Less interest in sex
>Hard to concentrate

At least I don't wanna kill myself.
>>
File: many-uses-of-bleach.jpg (193 KB, 640x969) Image search: [Google]
many-uses-of-bleach.jpg
193 KB, 640x969
This is the only cure for being a robot
>>
Prozac. Makes me really drowsy, tastes horrible when I let it touch my tongue, and takes forever to kick in even just a little bit.
>>
I'm just throwing this out there if your at the point of trying ssri's, give yoga and vipassana meditation a try.

It helps alot of people and is a good hobby for those enjoy time alone more then with people.
>>
File: 1438215254594.jpg (21 KB, 406x441) Image search: [Google]
1438215254594.jpg
21 KB, 406x441
>>24977358
>>24977858
>>24978089
>>24978231
>>24979624
>>24979120
just got 50mg zoloft, haven't taken any yet

kind of hoping for zombie mode so i can do shit without anxiety

i guess this shit is supposed to keep the feels at bay whilst you get your life together, but at this point i don't even give a fuck about my life
>>
>>24980392
is vipassana when you watch the breath? i do that for 15mins then either get really vivid sexual fantasies and fap away, or i really feel my body and i just start stretching and lifting and it feels really damn good. i keep my eyes closed, go really slow and just freestyle various stretches, poses and excercises, feeling the muscles as they work and i can kind of feel the body release the tension and dopamine from exercise, its a good way to kill 30mins tbqh

long term effects? no idea. i guess every little bit helps, but having the motivation to bother is a problem.
>>
>>24980504
Vipassana trains the mind to focus and relax, following the breath is a great way to do this.
Most problems with anxiety are caused from to much overthinking about the future, depression problems come from overthinking about the past.
This is why it's said peace is living in the moment, when you can train the mind to focus only what is in front of you without projecting into future events that realistically will not even happen, and previous events which are no longer relevant, you can lessen mental/emotional troubles.
No easy task, but like learning a sport or workout it it takes time and practice.

The yoga helps as tight muscles restrict organs and contribute to a misaligned spine, if your organs are restricted from bloodflow and your spine isn't straight your body will becomes unbalanced and chronic illness is the result which will affect happiness.
This is how I got into it, I had a messed up spine from playing hours of WoW with a poorly ergonomic chair, got all soughts of migraines, brain fog, mental problems, illnesses.. took me years to figure out my spine was the problem and I needed to stretch and strengthen muscles

Long term your helping the body by doing breathing exercises, most people are shallow breathes from modern lifestyles and this is unhealthy the body and mind.

If you can find a vipassana teacher that would help alot, with regular practice you can shut down the mind thought process all together and enter different states of consciousness.
>>
File: 11fb6c_4805657.jpg (138 KB, 1280x1074) Image search: [Google]
11fb6c_4805657.jpg
138 KB, 1280x1074
>On dat dere escitalopram
>insomnia
>all these sides
Why the fuck cant the doc give me benzos for the anxiety instead.jpg

Ssris are the biggest troll of the pharma illuminati
>>
I've been taking fluoxitine for around 6 months now. I started of with a 40mg dose, then around 1 month later I started taking 40mg. Now I'm taking 60mg. The only side effects I've noticed so far are: Cold sweats, Extremely hard to orgasm (cum), I'm much less horny.

The thing that suprised me most was the fact that the AD's didn't make me feel happy, they kind of just sent me into a neutral zone. I find most things to be boring, I'm constantly attempting to prevent socializing.
>>
>>24981426
Edit: I also find getting proper sleep to be very difficult. And food will often taste somewhat metallic.
>>
>>24980707
> took me years to figure out my spine was the problem and I needed to stretch and strengthen muscles
maybe you just needed to do something constructive for once
>>
File: 1440782511493.jpg (42 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1440782511493.jpg
42 KB, 500x667
question:

if my GP prescribed my zoloft today, do i have to start taking them now, to get the prescription renewed in 4 weeks? or is it cool to just sit on them, and if i decide to start taking them i can just call to renew then.

i assume the latter, i just wanna check. seems cool to have them around for a potential last resort, but i wanna go hard on lifting/lifestyle changes first since everyone is saying they're shit
>>
>>24981230
Benzos are great but they're addictive and their effect reduces the more you take, so doctors don't like giving them out.
>>
started taking zoloft a week ago
going for full dose from tomorrow on
nothing changed really
also, Lorazepam, 250mg
helps me sleep somewhat
feels bad, man
from what i've read here it makes one bored and gives erectile disfunction
fuck.dll
>>
File: 1447359849166.png (211 KB, 513x408) Image search: [Google]
1447359849166.png
211 KB, 513x408
> mfw reading zoloft side effects
not sure if i'll take these. maybe i should try harder at meme advice like lifting
>>
>>24982547
I'm on 2mg xanax ER, also I'm on escitolopram, guanfacine, and straterra
>>
>>24982830
my doc told me to not read the list of side effect, out of curiosity i did, it took a long time
>>
File: xh9y1Bv.gif (2 MB, 295x211) Image search: [Google]
xh9y1Bv.gif
2 MB, 295x211
>>24982830
I'm on 3 different things including zoloft
>no side effects
>no effects at all
I've been put on like 10 different things and all of them made no difference in the way I feel, but also no side effects... Wtf is wrong with my body?
>>
Citalopram 20mg

for anxiety and depression..

Although, it doesn't seem to be working as well lately.. as such.. I a mess at the moment, I keep drinking and doing stupid shit, I have no motivation and I can't seem to pull my life together..

Failing Uni, just found a job though.. sleep patterns fucked, miserable about being dumped 4 months ago and can't seem to break the cycle..

All it does it make me feel less depressed and not feel the anxiety, although I know its all still there.. its a hard one to explain..
>>
>>24980468
thats the thing the anxiety may get better but as a zombie you wont want to do shit. when i was on ssri's i was so lazy it was terrible.
>>
>>24985069
can relate for the most part
>>
>>24984091
Have you tried taking them?
>>
File: imfine.jpg (143 KB, 615x1022) Image search: [Google]
imfine.jpg
143 KB, 615x1022
>>24981230

i was on escitalopram for a few months and then switched to zoloft. Zombie mode is legit and I'm no longer nervous around girls. if anything I'm more pissed off at them for being so fucking bland and uninteresting. But it makes you not give a fuck about anything including building a life for yourself. I just feel less shitty about it
>>
>>24986204
I felt like that all throughout highschool and i wasnt even on drugs.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.