[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frog & Feels - Bartender Update
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 10
File: wojak_bartender.jpg (57 KB, 614x389) Image search: [Google]
wojak_bartender.jpg
57 KB, 614x389
Hello anons. I owe you an apology and an explanation. You've probably noticed my absence the last few days, and it's because I have some serious personal and health issues right now. I don't know if I'll be able to continue making these threads regularly anymore. Anyway, I'm here tonight. Can I get you a drink?
>>
Glen Moray neat. If you don't have the Chardonnay then I'll take the normal twelve.
>>
File: 1449355967215.jpg (50 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1449355967215.jpg
50 KB, 480x640
>>24974976
Vodka
feeling like shit
1 more week then I get some rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s2MSVaXNqQ
some music for the jukebox
Whats going on in your life mate?
>>
>>24975007
I might just have the Chardonnay back here, anon. Want me to leave the bottle?

>>24975030
Here's a vodka, anon. Finals this week?
I have a chronic condition that's been getting gradually worse since my early teens, but it's been getting worse much faster as of late.
>>
>>24974976
>I have some serious personal and health issues right now
maybe lay off the fucking booze?
>>
Stay strong my friend, whatever it is. I don't participate in these threads but I'm thankful for all the work you do trying to make people feel better.
>>
>>24974976
Jeez. Sounds like you're the one who needs the drink 'Keep. You okay?
>>
>>24975059
What condition?
And Its not finals, its something else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9MRbek0JXk
>>
>>24974976
Nice to see that your back bartender.

Sorry to hear that you're feeling bad.

I'll have what >>24975030 is having.

I've been feeling bad myself. I don't feel like I have much of a future. I feel that in the next few years I will end up either homeless or dead
>>
>>24975059
>I might just have the Chardonnay back here, anon. Want me to leave the bottle?
S'all right. It's a boring day, not a miserable one.
>>
I went to a bar on saturday and stole about 4 drinks without anyone noticing and left.
>>
>>24974976
>>24975080
As am I. These threads make me happy in a way, and I'm certain it does so for others on here. So feel better and stay lucid. Take care of yourself.

Now that the gay shits out of the way, how about a corona
>>
d-do you serve bartendies here
>>
>>24975077
It's a chronic health problem, anon. I checked with a doc, drinking won't hurt it. Maybe you want a drink to calm those nerves?

>>24975080
Thanks, anon. I'm glad to help when I can. How are you? Want a drink?

>>24975089
I'm hanging in there. I don't drink on the clock, anon, but thanks for the advice. Can I get you anything?

>>24975090
It's something neurodegenerative; I don't remember the name.

>>24975096
Here's your vodka, anon. What's going on in your life? Why do you think you'll end up homeless or dead?

>>24975111
Sure? You're drinking free for the night thanks to those trips.

>>24975123
That's rather devious of you, anon. Can I get you a drink? Paid for, of course.

>>24975137
Thanks, anon. Here's a Corona. Want the lime with it?

>>24975171
We do serve tendies, anon. I can have the kitchen bring some out for you.
>>
>>24975194
>Sure? You're drinking free for the night thanks to those trips.
Oh, yeah? May as well, then.

Just tell the lads to swing 'round for a dram. I'll spread the love a little.

Tell us about your health issues.
>>
I'll take a cup of Jameson, got a test tomorrow and haven't studied at all (personal finance in highschool (I'm 18),and I feel worse because it's simple ass math and I get confused from it)
>>
>>24975249
Fuck it, get me %100 proof moonshine
>>
>>24974976
Ive been playing portal lately, since im a pussy can I get whatever is super alchoholic but tastes nothing like booze and have it in an aperture labs glass . I have to present a project tomorrow in uni. Sorry about your health issues. Have a drink on me
>>
Water please
>>
>>24975194
I'm >>24975096

I'm failing uni. If I fuck everything up my parents will probably kick me out and let me die in the streets.

Shit man, if it comes to that I'll kill myself just to get it over with.
>>
>>24975325
I almost envy that situation. I've always wanted to escape, wanted a fresh start, but so few of us, myself included, have the balls to simply stand up and walk away from our safety nets.

You should be fixing up an old A-to-B, planning to travel cross-country. See the world. Go on your symbolic nine-months of self-discovery, like the Motorcycle Diaries.

That is, if improving your grades is impossible.
>>
>>24975325
drop out and find your true calling
Better to live a day as a lion than a life as a sheep
>>
oh are we RP? il rp someone succesful

yeah I just fucked my wife in the ass , she loved it. Afterwards we sat in the jacuzi and slammed some brewskies , haha
fuck man couldnt find a lambo that would fit my large cock.
boy does my ass hurt from being self employed
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (99 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
99 KB, 600x800
>>24975194
Fry me up some tendies barkeep, also I hope you guys take good boy points
>>
>>24975244
I just looked at my paperwork; it's some kind of mitochondrial cytopathy. Basically my mitochondria dick around and don't do their jobs.

>>24975249
Here's that moonshine, anon. Be careful, this stuff can skin a cat, at least according to the redneck who sells it. Can't help you much with the finance, though youtube or kahn academy might have something.

>>24975290
Here's some UV Blue, anon. Tastes fruity but it's 40% alcohol. What's the project on?

>>24975295
Cold water, comin' your way.

>>24975325
Would your parents understand if you explained what's going on? If it's due to depression then they ought to do something to help, or at least be sympathetic. Failing that, do what >>24975355 said.

>>24975383
Chad, please leave.
>>
>>24975355
>>24975244
Hey barkeep, if trips wins me a bottle of scotch, do two dubs win me a plate of jalapeno poppers too? (With blue dip!)
>>
>>24975395
We sure do, anon. I'll have those tendies out to you in just a few minutes.
>>
>>24975355
That sounds nice. Maybe I will do that.

I don't wanna die yet.

The reason why I am failing is because I really just lost the motivation for it.
>>
>>24975405
Why not. The stoner in the kitchen's getting excited, he hasn't had two orders within 30 minutes of each other in a long time. Jalapeno poppers with blue dip will be out in a few.
>>
>>24975397
Thank you bartender
>>
>>24975448
No problem, anon. How are you tonight?
>>
>>24975397
Hopefully that will work.

I don't think I'm really cut out for adventure.

I've always been scrawny and weak.

But I'll do it if I need to.

Thanks, I should have checked out these threads sooner.
>>
File: 13032620.jpg (80 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
13032620.jpg
80 KB, 553x567
>>24975417
thanks 'keep real big of ya
>>
>>24975461
Just drinking water while others get cyber drunk
>>
>>24975397
Thanks for the UV, ehh its some project for my sociology class thats on plea bargains. were talking about how the american law enforcement system hates niggers or something. idk I havent started yet
>>
>>24975475
If you've never been on adventure before, how could you know if you're not cut out for it, anon? I like doing these; pleasure to have you.

>>24975480
Here's your tendies, anon. Want anything with them?

>>24975481
Quality time, then. I know some anons get "real" drunk too, but it's nice to play pretend sometime.
>>
>>24975518
The way I see it, you should go to one of the two extremes: go full /pol/ and "redpill" them, or take the bait and spit back a bunch of "Black Lives Matter' propaganda.
>>
>>24975475
Hell, scrawny? So are Chinese peasants, and you see the work they can pull off.

Adventure changes a man. I've never done a real, lonesome road trip, but I've visited continents I wasn't born on, and you learn a lot.
>>
>>24975521
>>24975518
not sure if I should just stay up all night again (I tend to do that on Sundays) I guess it makes me a little more sociable during the day and then i pass out at 8pm or so.
>>24975538
the redpilling might be fun but that might hurt me more than help. but my sociology teacher already hates me due to my 20 minute long rants about Pepsi-man that I do just to fuck with people.
>>
>>24975521
I'm just assuming.

I've never had good physical strength. I have laughable upper body strength, I run pretty fast but only in short bursts, and my stamina is pathetic.

I could probably do it if I have the willpower, but it would be really difficult.
>>
>>24975521
What do you do outside of /r9k/ bartender?
>>
>>24975480
gettin served by the tendie 'tender
>>
Evening 'keep! Me and DosEquisGuy have been doing our best to keep this place up and running, we missed ya! Just wanted to say that these threads are great, so keep it up. Usually you're the one asking the questions, so... what's going on man? anytinhg you need to talk about?
>>
>>24975538
Depends on the teacher, my man.

If you're not a total sperg you should be able to tell which professors like discussion, and which ones like to hear their own opinions thrown back at them. Some of my best essays (grade-wise) were half-drunk ramblings about feminism being a social toxin.

Wouldn't you know it, most fitting in the latter category for me have been women. Lots of "gender studies" "degrees." Air quotes, air quotes.
>>
File: 1444615991610.png (96 KB, 671x570) Image search: [Google]
1444615991610.png
96 KB, 671x570
>>24975521
>Here's your tendies, anon. Want anything with them?

Not really a drinker. Could use some vanilla coke if ya got some back there somewhere
>>
File: 1449958886335.jpg (125 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449958886335.jpg
125 KB, 768x1024
>>24975618
get some honey mustard in there anon!
>>
>>24975568
Go ahead and stay up all night, anon, unless you have to do something tomorrow night.

>>24975571
Give it a shot, anon. You might as well try.

>>24975578
I'm a grad student at a school in Michigan. Spend a bit of time tutoring and advising undergrads with their theses.

>>24975594
Hey there Apprentice. I really appreciate the support, and I'm a bit surprised by the following these threads generated in the last week. See >>24975397 ; first line is why I haven't been able to make these every day. Want a drink?

>>24975618
Sure thing. I think we got some vanilla syrup back here somewhere.
>>
>>24974976
feel like I may never write anything of value

it scares me. I have nothing but my writing

right now I just feel tired. condemned by uncountable things. I live in such a beautiful place too
>>
hey barkeep should I browse here more? I'm used to /pol/ but I have to say it's refreshing to browse a board where nobody tries to hide how sad they are. I fell out of the fail tree and hit every possible branch on the way down. I think I was born to be a robot.
>>
>>24975660
Oh & I'll have a gin & tonic please. Are you allowed to smoke in here?
>>
>>24975660
If your writing is valuable to you, then it has some value. Try reading some Thoreau or Emerson; take in the nature. Here's your G&T, and yes, you can smoke in here provided it's tobacco. Need a light?

>>24975686
Lurk wherever you feel comfortable, anon. Some of us are just born robots; it's the cards we were dealt.
>>
File: 252259669.jpg (299 KB, 890x1095) Image search: [Google]
252259669.jpg
299 KB, 890x1095
>>24975646
Good look familia. Honey mustard please
>>
Hey there, i'll have a vodka please, it feels like my life has reached it's peak already and i've only just realised it.
>>
>>24975652
Why did you decide to make this thread every night, if I may ask?
>>
>>24975723
Sure thing, anon.

>>24975726
Vodka's pretty popular tonight. How old are you, anon? Why do you feel like you peaked?

>>24975736
I saw it a few months ago and enjoyed it, so I thought I'd give it a try. I kept doing it because I enjoyed being able to help people.
>>
>>24975652
Ah sorry to hear that bro, hope the recovery is swift and full! Any sort of dark beer will do, got any Guinness?

Yeah I'm surprised by the outpouring of support. People seem to love this place, I wonder why that is? Perhaps a feeling of camaraderie that isn't experienced IRL? who knows...
>>
>>24975652
Thanks bartender.

I will only do it as a last resort though.

I don't want to throw away my life of luxury when I still have hope.
>>
Thanks for the advice, I do have to drive tomorrow; but ive done that stoned so all is good. seriously man, i think it would make me feel better if you told me whats going on with you. doesnt have to be about your health issues, just anything on your mind?

on another note, I could so easily be a chad, but I feel more comfortable being whatever I am (more robo tier) I have some mental problems but I hide pretty well and I cant be emotionally into women i just want sex so im so confused.

>>24975723
good man, had some tendies and ranch today. I always thought I hated ranch but turns out its p great
>>
>>24975660
You and I should exchange emails. I'm in the same boat and it sucks. I feel like I have good ideas, but every time I start to flesh out a plotline and a main character and a setting, I lose interest in favor of another idea entirely, and sabotage my own work.

The Keep's advice is good however. Emerson's "Self Reliance" and Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience." I would recommend the whole of the Walden journal, although the essay sums up similar ideas in much shorter time.
>>
>>24975748
18...i know it sounds stupid but academically i've fucked up and wasted a few years of my life, now im doing a music course and i have no real plans for the future. All i really do other than that is work
>>
>>24975748
Is it frustrating that you will never see the people you've potentially helped?
>>
>>24975751
I don't think I have Guinness back here, but I do have Smithwick's. Better Irish stout, in my opinion. Here you go. The camaraderie probably has something to do with it, since robots and cyborgs don't get a lot of that IRL.

>>24975753
Good call, anon. Do what you can with what you have; don't change course entirely until you're sure the one you're on has nothing left.

>>24975766
I mentioned it a few posts ago, but I have mitochondrial cytopathy. Basically, my mitochondria are lazy or malfunctioning, and it messes with my motor skills. Mostly walking, but it's been affecting my speech recently. Failed normie might be the best term to describe you. We get a few in here now and then.

>>24975797
Doesn't sound stupid, anon. I know some people who peaked in early high school. Do you enjoy music? There's a baby grand in the corner, if you feel like playing anything.
>>
>26
>unemployed
>b.s. in psychology
>too lazy to put out a constant stream of applications.
>live off of brother not charging me rent.
>still owe him money for cell phone, gym membership and stuff that he handles.
>scared and I don't know what to do with my life.
>wanted to start a business but not enough capital
>want to go back to grad school, but not enough money and don't have the prereqs to do what I want.
>honestly may not have the knowledge either.
>feel like I am going to just go from job to job all my life.
>I can't work and take classes because its too much stress to handle.
>might take MOOCs but I am scared employers won't take my efforts seriously.
>>
>>24975714
Hahaha. "Here's to having fun, all the time."

I brought my own, thanks.
>>
>>24975827
Not really. I think the anonymity helps because people can see me however they want.

>>24975846
Could you get a loan to start a small business? Maybe you could find a partner with more capital. At any rate, you sound pretty stressed out. Want a drink?

>>24975858
Sure thing, anon.
>>
>>24975880
No I am never going to take out a loan for anything in life unless I have the money to pay it back on the spot. Its not worth it.
>>
hi keep, can i get a campari on the rocks?

i don't see the point anymore
>>
>>24975784

it's bobicmon @ gmail.com
>>
Gin and Tonic please. And sorry to hear about your health problems anon, I hope you feel better in the near future. I always enjoy these threads, they're very comfy.
>>
>>24975833
Thanks, I'm more of a guitar player though.
And yes i do really enjoy music, it helps me escape from my troubles when i play (excuse the cliche)
>>
>>24975833
Lovely, cheers.
>>
barkeep I might have the social awkwardness of an autiste but none of the upsides. I'm not a "systematic" thinker or a good problem solver, never been handy, never been good at electronics or computers, didn't tinker with things as a kid, couldn't fix my car if my life depended on it, etc. I'm wondering if this is because I'm just naturally inept at this stuff or if I just have never put in the effort to learn how to do this stuff.

The reason I need to know is because I've completely failed at one educational path and now I'm starting all over again. I'm strongly considering going into a particular engineering field but I have no way of knowing if I'm cut out for it or not. Even if I'm capable of doing the work, they'll have to teach me literally everything about the trade first. I'm a complete blank slate, even with the kind of engineering I'm most interested in, and it's very embarrassing.
>>
>>24975940
Mine's in the name field. I'll get in touch soon, if you haven't.
>>
>>24974976

German Bartender from the other shift here. Don't worry, I'll create some threads even if you are having trouble. This place won't go dry.
>>
Always seeing these, loving your work, I really hope you'll get well.

Do you have non alcoholic stuff? Some fruit juice, any would do.
>>
>>24974976
cheap vodka please

I've been wondering after reading a thread here on r9k few time ago, it was something about bullies, for some reason I will tell later on, this thread got me depressed as fuck, been days since I got sad like when I read that thread.

Anyway, the reason for this is because of a fucking chad who bullied me for a long time. Well, he's rich, tall, fit, have the jawline and even a high speech skill, fuck, and this guy chose me to bully for a entire year. I mean, this dude already got everything, everyone liked him, he even hook up with my oneitis at the time. This guy now is at med school, fucking all the women, living the good life, and I'm here in the misery, virgin studying something I hate because I need something to make a living in the future.

I'm not even sad because he gets all the girls and all that shit, I already accept that I will die virgin, and since I have a really small dick, things would never work out in the end, feeling like shit because of it helped me to accept my future. But, why does he needed to bully me? What I have done to him? Those motherfuckers dont think about their actions, they are brainless fucks, just a bunch of animals who need something to make fun of, giving 0 fucks about their feelings.

It was like this for every year at school, there is always someone to fuck with me without a reason.

Even with HS over, going to Uni knowing I will never have a good life like this asshole have is a painful feeling, I just feel the urge to throw myself in from a high speed bus sometimes (yes this sounds emo as fuck).

Anyway barkeep or anyone reading this, ty for reading my blog

And tell us your issues too barkeep, we dont want to lose you
>>
>>24975906
That's a decent ideology. My econ prof a few years back said the same thing.

>>24975929
Campari on rocks comin' right up, anon. What's going on, talk to me.

>>24975951
G&T for you, anon. I'm hanging in there. Glad you enjoy them, I hope I can keep making them.

>>24975952
No worries about the cliche, anon. I don't think I have a guitar laying around anywhere, and besides, I think some anons might want to play something on the jukebox. If not, go ahead and pick something out.

>>24975973
Enjoy, Apprentice. You drink free tonight, since you've been helping out lately.

>>24975975
That's the point of school though, anon, is to learn those skills. If people innately knew them, then trade and engineering schools wouldn't exist in the first place. Give it everything you've got. You can do it.

>>24975978
Thanks, Deutsch anon. It means a lot. Want anything to drink? On the house, of course.

>>24975984
We've got some fruit juice back here. What kind do you want? Apple, grape, or something tropical?
>>
>>24976028

Gotta head out for work now, sorry. The life of a wageslave is no easy one.
>>
>>24976028
i don't know, I've been depressed for months. having constant suicidal thoughts, my friends keep telling my to "keep trying" and that "things will get better", but i don't know...
>>
>>24976014
Cheap-ass vodka coming your way, anon. Bullies do that shit either because they have some awful hidden secret or because they're sadistic fucks. Either way, there's not much you can do about it other than to try to ignore it. See the third line of >>24975833 , it's a chronic health condition. Thanks for your concern, anon. Want anything to drink?

>>24976062
Wageslavery is a curse upon the human soul, josh. Best of luck to you.
>>
>>24976079
Have you seen a therapist or counselor? I know it's a meme but sometimes it can really help.
>>
>>24976110
I'm seeing a therapist, but i just talk for an hour then go home. should i ask him for advice as opposed to just speaking my mind for 60 minutes?
>>
>>24975833
UV blue anon from a few posts back, howd I do? I made a drink with ginger ale, fruit juice, cointruie (idk how to spell it) grenadine, and bacardi. with a bison burger as a snack
>>
>>24976089
thanks for the advice, that guy is surely a sadistic fuck, I try to ignore it but only time will help me with that

hope you get better barkeep, you dont deserve this
>>
>>24976139
I think so. If his particular brand of therapy isn't working for you, then ask him to try changing it up.

>>24976142
Sounds kind of like a Sagatiba Saga or a Pimm's Cup, anon. Bison burgers sure are tasty.
>>
>>24976142
>bison burger

mmm
>>
>>24975652
New to the bar, but good to see another grad student around here. What do you study?

I'll just have a glass of dogfish head, or any other good IPA you have back there.
>>
>>24976178
I'm also getting on antidepressants in a few days, kinda nervous. i really don't know what to expect or how they'll effect me
>>
>>24976178
I just thought of it as an alchoholic shirley temple
>>24976180
its pretty good man
>>
>>24976185
I'm studying math; think I'll probably go into academia. We've got some dogfish stashed away somewhere, here you go.

>>24976191
All you can do is give them a shot. Might as well try.

>>24976197
Pretty much. There's not much of a difference, really. Did you enjoy it?
>>
>>24976221
thanks for the advice, keep, I'll be heading out
>>
>>24976028
Tropical sounds great, thank you.

I'll be 20 in a couple of weeks, I have no idea what to do with myself. I spend my days helping around the family business for very little amounts of time and mostly just watching shit online and practicing music which isnt a realistic career for me... I know Im wasting my time, but the options I have for using it 'wisely' sound so dull....
>>
>>24976221
Hey! What a coincidence, I just finished up my master's in Math down here in Ohio! Started my PhD this year, quals are gonna be coming up soon and holy fuck am I stressed.
>>
>>24974976
I come here often but this is my first post. Thank you for running this. Best of luck to you and your endeavours.
>>
>>24976245
Sure thing, josh. Have a good night.

>>24976250
I've got mango, is that okay? If you enjoy music then you should keep pursuing it.

>>24976255
I'm up at Michigan State. What was your thesis on? Are you at tOSU?

>>24976264
Thanks for the kind words, anon. Can I get you anything? A drink, some food?
>>
>>24976264
Yeah, you've helped a lot of people.
>>
>>24976221
Its not bad so far. just mulling over that Im a failed normie. kinda sucks cause I dont fit in on /r9k/ or in society. this is my first time at the bar and I do have to say I am enjoying it so thank you and thanks to every anon contributing. this is a cool place. hope your hypochondria get their shit together
>>
>Just finished a 33 page paper
>Have an exam at 8 am I didn't study for
>after that study for two more tests the rest of the week

Bartender, do you have a bottle of everclear so I can sudoku?
>>
>>24976328
Glad you're enjoying it, anon. I hope the doctors know what they're doing; having shitty legs was bad enough, I don't want to lose my speech or more muscle control. Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

>>24976349
I've got some sketchy moonshine back here that I bought from a redneck who sits on his porch with a shotgun all day. Are you going to stay up all night before the test?
>>
Play this on the jukebox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx6xkyi5Ij8
>>
>>24976289
Extremal Combinatorics, specifically the Turan Number of a family of hypergraphs, was the topic of my thesis. I'm at tOSU now, but my master's degree was done at Miami Oxford.

How about you, sir?
>>
>>24976028
thanks for taking the time, I have to go to college now. Have a good one.
>>
>>24976373
Yeah I'm staying up all night
>>
>>24976289
Thank you Bartender, but I was just leaving. Gotta go to work in a few hours. Perhaps we'll meet again my friend.
>>
>>24976289
Mango is my favorite!

Hm.. I'm not sure if anyone would like to listen to what I do... I'm trying to make songs that I can be proud of on a personal level, both lyric and music wise. Self aware blues vibe Id say. Most of the analogies and metaphors I go for, I don't see many people relating to. Although, even if I'll only make enough to rent a small apartment in a small town and tour once a year, I'll still be happy.

How about you? In nights you're running this great place, what is your day time activities?
>>
>>24976373
I luckily have never had physical issues other than now my shoulder wont ever be back to normal, its all been mental. I know you are supposed to recommend drinks; but should I play eurotruck, portal, postal, or counter strike?
>>
>>24976379
I'm only in my third semester, but I've taken a liking to Frobenius traces and Galois theory. Not sure what I want to do with it though.

>>24976403
Thanks, anon. You too.

>>24976410
Best of luck. Want something with a bit of a kick? I can get you some coffee if you want.

>>24976419
Hope you had a good night, anon. Get some rest.

>>24976425
Sounds comfy, anon. I'm a grad student studying math. During the day I TA some classes and do some tutoring for undergrads.

>>24976472
I've always liked Counter Strike, but it depends what mood you're in.
>>
>>24976508
You gonna keep making these threads or are you going to be taking a break?
>>
Bartender, thanks for all these threads. You're a big help.

I don't know what happend to me. I used to be so smart, ambitious and motivated. Now I'm just lazy as fuck. I spend more time daydreaming about what I want to accomplish rather than trying to accomplish it. I used to study for 4 hours every night and now in lucky if I get two.

I think it's because ever since I was young I always wanted to be perfect. I felt as if I was constantly playing a part in a movie or something. I would spend hours thinking about how a perfect human would look and act and think. That's when I got into lifting and reading because that's what smart people do, it's what strong people do.

I guess I lost sight of who I am and it finally hit me. It's like I started out as a narcissist and 180'd into a schizoid.
>>
>>24976508
Ah, Galois theory is beautiful. I've always enjoyed Algebra as a subject. I'm sure there's some applications to number theory in there, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Have you read any papers in those fields? I'm ashamed to say that I've become a little burnt out on math, this semester has been particularly rough, and I've not read any papers since April/May of this year.
>>
>>24976529
I'll keep making them as long as I'm able. Like I said earlier, I might have to go the hospital in the near future for treatment, so I'm not sure what my bartending ability will be like after the next week or so.

>>24976542
Thanks for the encouragement, anon. If you're doing something to fit an archetype or a vague idea of yourself and not because you enjoy it, then it's not worth doing. You're better off beeeeing yourself.

>>24976591
Nothing in the last couple months or so. I heard there's some serious research in algebra going on at our supposed mutual enemy (U of M) but I haven't had time to take the trip to Ann Arbor.
>>
>>24976542
What we call the "mid-life crisis" is when a man realizes he has not been living for himself. He grows his hair out and buys that cherry-red Mustang because he wants to win back his lost youth, when he was working to pay back loans and seduce a girl and feed two kids.

What you're experiencing now, I believe, is a very early onset "mid-life crisis" which is becoming much more popular in recent years. You've seen through the scam, you've cut through the bullshit; neither the woman, nor her offspring, nor her all-sheltering government deserve your money. They also don't deserve to judge you, using this judgment, your own ego, to twist your behavior into their ideal.

"You're still playing video games at 25? Ugh, like, get a life."

Live for you, anon. "Success" doesn't matter as long as you're content.
>>
I guess things are slowing down for the night. Last call, lads.
>>
it's like, all your life you feel like it's all leading towards something. you feel that even the pain is working towards a greater goal. maybe you won't even admit it to yourself, but the feeling is there

then one day it's gone. like music that's been playing so long you didn't even know it was there until it left
>>
>>24976877
check'd and respect
>>
>>24975397
>Mitochondrial cytopathy

That sounds bad anon

I hope it's treatable
>>
>>24974976
I've been trying to help out senpai. I'll keep the Tavern running if you are away.
>>
A new sense of direction, still chasing my oneitis.

And if I can't get her, then may I die trying.

I'll drink just a water. I have to drive home. Have one for yourself on me.
>>
>>24974976
Hey good luck with your health problems barbud. I never post in these but you seem like a good guy, constantly wanting to give people feedback on whatever's on their minds and what not. It makes things a bit cozier around here, it's nice.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.