[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You will never go on a grand adventure with a motley crew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 20
File: 946708.jpg (74 KB, 636x379) Image search: [Google]
946708.jpg
74 KB, 636x379
>You will never go on a grand adventure with a motley crew of friends
>You will never wield a magically enhanced weapon
>You will never visit enchanting worlds or mystical villages filled with quaint, indigenous creatures
>You will never have epic and climactic battles against super powerful foes who push you to the very limits of your strength and will power

Who else /jaded because life will never be like you chinese cartoons/ here?

And what's your number 1 escapist animu/vidya world?
>>
>tfw self esteem so low I can't even imagine myself as a main character
>>
>>24974327
That's pretty sad, m8. What the hell happened in your life that you aren't even the star in your own fantasies?
>>
>>24974175
Glad I'm not the only person who gets depressed about this

I'll admit to actually liking SAO. I want to live in a virtual world with a qt wife
>>
>>24974371
Not even sure.
Life for me was even relatively cushy. Nothing really tragic happened when I was young, but I can only imagine myself as one of the lesser developed "main" characters.
>>
>you will never find out the one piece is friendship all along
>>
>>24974468
It's not. Oda stated as much. Forgot which SBS. But it is definitely a physical tangible treasure.
>>
File: senzu.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
senzu.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
>>24974427
Fuck...relegating yourself to the Krillin of your own story.
>>
>>24974568
Pretty much how I feel.
>>
File: Smile_bomb.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Smile_bomb.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
For me it was probably YuYu Hakusho.

I just want a best bro who is also my biggest rival
>>
>>24974327
iktf man. I usually see myself as the rock lee of all my fantasies.
>>
Actually, I'm living my very own anime: my quest to become the GREATEST NOVELIST IN THE WORLD.
>>
>you'll never have a dark-skinned alien qt gradually grow affectionate for you after many long weeks of trying and failing to get her to notice you

I bet Jean felt like the luckiest guy on earth
>>
>>24974852
she left him the moment chad paid attention to her
>>
File: Dopepe.png (125 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
Dopepe.png
125 KB, 400x388
>>24974852
>not just raping her and telling her it's just an earth "custom"

gotta step it up, senpai
>>
>You will never get the shit beaten out of you to near death but still manage to turn it around and win
>>
>>24974884
nah nigga, it was the 1880s. Women who weren't loyal got their asses thrown out and nobody gave a fuck.
>>
File: GokuSuperSaiyanIFriezaNV.png (729 KB, 450x744) Image search: [Google]
GokuSuperSaiyanIFriezaNV.png
729 KB, 450x744
>>24974909
God I wanna know this fucking feel.

>Last minute surge of insurmountable strength after giving it all you've got
>Bewildering power out of fucking nowhere
>>
>10th grade
>bully calls me a faggot around the same spot on my walk home every day
>one day I finally snap
>run up to him and tackle him
>he gets up and socks the shit out of me
>he motions his friends over and they all take turns shoving me and kicking me against a chainlink fence
>keep getting up and throwing punches
>keep getting knocked down
>small crowd is gathering at this point
>phones recording, niggers hooting, losers mumbling amongst themselves
>''DIS NIGGA CAN TAKE A PUNCH''
>suddenly feel like the MC of one of my japanese animes
>get up and put everything I have into one last go
>rush up to my bully, dodge one of his punches and hit him square in the nose
>next thing I know I'm getting tackled by one of his friends and he beats the shit out of me
>limp home with a busted face and a broken wrist

He still bullied me after that but at least he stopped calling me a faggot on my walks home
>>
>>24974909
In the real world you'd simply get beaten to death.

The enemy never stops at the last moment to laugh and celebrate their victory, giving you ample time to recover and get back up.
Also, the guy who lands the first few hits usually wins because he's weakened the other guy sufficiently.
>>
>>24975034
>tfw niggers payed money to watch Conor Mcgregor knock a spic out in 13 seconds.
>>
File: 1448912068981.png (320 KB, 813x1189) Image search: [Google]
1448912068981.png
320 KB, 813x1189
What I would give to live in a world of adventure like One Piece.
>>
File: Air-Gear.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Air-Gear.jpg
146 KB, 1280x720
>You will never go 80 mph on rollerskates gliding over buildings and riding up walls defying gravity.

I don't give a fuck if I'm the character who dies on the first episode, I want an exciting life.
Seriously though we could create motorized skates by having multiple chargers attached to your body with wires going down to your skates, and back to your gloves (from the charger)

The gloves will work as a remote control for telling your skates to turn on, change speed or break.
The secondly we'd need a way to have wheels that could support your weight while going that fast.

I don't see us going more than 15 MPH.
>>
>>24975870
Shit man, anything but a Car/ Motorcycle 15 mph might as well be 100. You really feel the speed when you aren't inside of a safe metal box
>>
File: see you space pepe.jpg (10 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
see you space pepe.jpg
10 KB, 300x279
>>24975870
fuuuuuu

I forgot all about Air Gear. That shit was the tits. Fucking anime has permanently ruined reality for me.

Also:
>You will never be an interstellar bounty hunter
>>
>>24975870
>I don't see us going more than 15 MPH.
You'd never be able to balance. And you have to consider aerodynamics and all that other boring science stuff that stops people from having fun.
>>
Man why is real life so boring. You're expected to get a job and get married and have kids. Why can't live in care free world like in my Chinese cartoons. I probably sound like an autistic man child but I don't care.
>>
>Nami will never cut her hair and start wearing clothes again
>>
You need actual immortality to do what any of those cartoon characters do.

Heroes die.
>>
>>24976192
Yo fish you watch One Piece too thats pretty sweet.Yeah I miss Nami's short hair too senpai
>>
>>24976246
I watched it until fishman island
The animation and pacing got so bad I switched to the manga
>>
>>24976173
In comparison, life really is underwhelming and depressing. There's really nothing fantastical about anything we do.

We were even born too early to do any serious space exploration or find life on other planets. School, wagekek, family, death...with random distractions in between.

The human imagination is both a blessing and a curse.
>>
>>24976218
I'd rather die in an awesome battle with ninja beams and chakra than living a long boring life studying and working.
>>
>>24976301
There's still plenty of excitement out there. The issue is that adventures aren't advertised and often involve abandoning modern comforts to achieve an intangible end, which seems crazy to most. We actually live in a particularly exciting time. People around the world are being radicalized and traveling to war zones every day and I can't help but think that at least a few of those guys aren't radicals at all, but are looking for the same kind of adventure you are and might just find it.

the new adventurers are mercenaries, revolutionaries and radicals, which makes sense as every adventure needs an antagonist whether it's the elements themselves or a corrupt regime.
>>
Vidya: Hyrule in OoT, still wows me to this day and I'm 20

Anime: whatever the fuck variant of Japan in Aki Sora. I wish I had a hot sister that would fuck me on and off.
>>
>>24976846
Are you retarded?

Real world "adventures" aren't like chinese cartoons. You can die, you can be enslaved and maimed and tortured. There are no Dragon Balls to bring you back to life and give you do-overs.

If you're trekking alone in some remote, dangerous place and get seriously injured, you're probably going to die. Real life "adventure" is just reckless abandon and complete disregard for well-being and safety.
>>
>>24976915
That's all very true, and I probably do have some problems for even entertaining these thoughts, but I also understand that the fulfillment might just be as real as the risks you pointed out. Even if I were to get blown the fuck up after just a few days of being in some third world shithole I would've done more living in those days than I've done in all my life. It's certainly not as happy as anime but it's better than pining after someone else's romanticized experiences and slowly wasting away.
>>
>>24977060
I suppose your perspective has some merit to it, but there's nothing pleasant about any of that shit to me. It's just...depressing.
>>
>>24977060
this thqh familions. I would in a heartbeat, trek through sand countries or set out to sea on a cheap dingy than spend another day browsing 4chan to wake myself up so I can work another overnight so I can go home and throw beers back until I pass out and do it all over again the next day.
>>
>>24977216
Are you eggman? Or is his lifestyle that ubiquitous among robots?
>>
File: yakumo.gif (124 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
yakumo.gif
124 KB, 320x240
>>24974327
I remember when this happened to me.
Scared the shit out of me desu.
Now I'm used to it of course.
>>
>>24974540
Bullshit. In the end, the destination WAS the journey.
>>
File: 3453454433.jpg (30 KB, 500x578) Image search: [Google]
3453454433.jpg
30 KB, 500x578
>>24974175
>ywn be a wandering ronin with questionable moral standards and a qt girl to protect
>>
>>24976846
Yeah I don't think you have a good understanding of what those 'adventures' are like.
>>
File: 1441158540684.png (252 KB, 421x422) Image search: [Google]
1441158540684.png
252 KB, 421x422
>>24978845
this fucking feel...

why even live?
>>
File: 1435685428066.png (60 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1435685428066.png
60 KB, 1000x1000
>>24974327
Fuuuuck.

I do the same god damn thing.
>>
File: Fuu.jpg (19 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Fuu.jpg
19 KB, 640x360
Fiction and Imagination are pretty fascinating.
It's probably the only thing I really care about desu.
Maybe it's reason enough to keep living.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 350x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 350x340
In grade 9, I wrote about living in the One Piece universe for my essay on the topic about dreams. My teacher had my parents come talk with her and the principal if I was okay and not having violent thoughts. Then I was told to rewrite it and focus on what I dream about for a career.
>>
File: anakin talks to sand.gif (730 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
anakin talks to sand.gif
730 KB, 500x213
>>24974175
Good. I can't read those kind of stories because I just can't understand why someone would risk their asses so much to save a shitty world from an evil they aren't even close to when it comes to power. I fucking hate heroes.
>>
File: 3436944-orochimaru2.jpg (18 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
3436944-orochimaru2.jpg
18 KB, 800x600
>>24979027
So be the villain.

Pursue interests that entirely selfish and amass all you can in this world, while daring others to stop you.
>>
>>24979059
I don't want to be the villain. It's too dangerous as well, and I don't have any particular ambitions for world domination.

I just want to be the guy who nobody notices at Hogwarts because he spends all his time in the library studying cool as fuck magic just for the fun of it and then goes to work for the department of mysteries.

And fucking Luna Lovegood.
>>
>>24979128
I would make an adventure out of fucking Luna Lovegood.
>>
>>24974175
>tfw one of my ex's does a perfect nami cosplay
>tfw you never got to fuck her in costume

Just kill me now
>>
>tfw participate in online One Piece RP to satisfy my urges

Been doing it for years now, it's always great fun to write about exploring the high seas with friends or at least similar minded people.
>>
>>24979447
Did you get to eat a devil's fruit?
>>
File: Teach.jpg (217 KB, 480x555) Image search: [Google]
Teach.jpg
217 KB, 480x555
>>24980661
>tfw somebody eats your devil fruit
>>
>>24974175
Pony fanfiction
>>
File: Wan Pîsu Chart.jpg (512 KB, 1722x1950) Image search: [Google]
Wan Pîsu Chart.jpg
512 KB, 1722x1950
Goddamn I love One Piece
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.