[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots in university.. Why don't you study abroad for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: StudyAbroad.jpg (113 KB, 565x350) Image search: [Google]
StudyAbroad.jpg
113 KB, 565x350
Robots in university.. Why don't you study abroad for a semester?

I couldn't stand my life back home but when I studied abroad I:
- Made a few friends
- Lost my virginity
- Visited a lot of new places

Being foreign makes you more interesting and people will be eager to talk to you.
>>
>>24974070

You paying for it?
>>
>>24974070
sounds worthwhile as long as i wouldn't be surrounded by shitskins all day

From which country, and to which one, did you travel for your studies?
>>
>>24974103
I guess I haven't thought too much about the financial aspects.
My tuition fee was covered by my home university and I got some scholarships so I was lucky.
>>
>>24974160
From a northern european one to the US.
>>
>>24974070
I'm already a foreigner and it doesn't help.

Although I have a perfect English accent so maybe people think I'm not.
>>
>>24974070
My College in Canada has a agreement with University of Gloucestershire, I got accepted but I cant afford paying 11,000 GBP in tuition thats like 20,000 Canadian, Though I am thinking about taking a working holiday in England.
>>
>>24974070
How does studying abroad work? Like do they speak english?
>>
/trv/fag here.

My tuition is $7500 per semester. I get most of that in grants and can't be assed to raise funds for housing overseas. However, I have worked a lot since I started university and lived overseas independently. I lived in Istanbul for a few months and New Delhi for probably about 1.5-2 years in total.

I lost my virginity on the fifth day of my first-ever trip, shortly before my twentieth birthday. I built a lot of confidence, saw some huge riots and political protests, and made friends across the world.
>>
>>24974070
This is only fun if you're white
>>
>>24974070
In retrospect I wish I had, but I'm starting my final year next year so unfortunately it is not possible
>>
>>24974310
A lot of universities have a decent amount of courses in English. Also chances are you will mostly interact with other international students who don't know anyone else either. How well the local people speak it obviously varies though..
>>
>>24974395
This.
And why would I study abroad if I only pay $600 per semester in muh uni.
>>
File: UofM_Logo.svg.png (94 KB, 1215x1024) Image search: [Google]
UofM_Logo.svg.png
94 KB, 1215x1024
My university has exchange agreements with a ton of universities around the world. I could go and would only have to pay tuition at the rate I do at home (2000$ cad a semester). You should take a look and see if you can find a similar thing. You still have to pay for room and board though, those costs can add up.
>>
Not much to do with this thread , but I plan on backpacking SEA (3 months) and Spain (1 month) and maybe go into Morocco for a little bit.
>>
>>24974558
On your own or with friends?
>>
>>24974590
I don't really have friends. I would like to go someone because this would be the first time I left the states. I have one person I have in mind and asking him but we really aren't close friends.
>>
File: 20130619_022320.jpg (123 KB, 1469x1102) Image search: [Google]
20130619_022320.jpg
123 KB, 1469x1102
>>24974639

I'm: >>24974326.

I always travel by myself. Trust me when I say that you'll open up a lot if you go alone. I might be biased, but if you say "yes" to new opportunities, you'll build a lot of confidence and see tons of things you wouldn't have were you to have a friend in tow. Going somewhere by yourself lets you have total control over where you are, what you're doing, and where you'll go. You don't have to think about anyone but yourself and can make a split-second decision to hitchhike across a country, leave town a week early, or abandon the drunken Australians who tried dragging you on their lads adventure.

Pic related - after getting dumped at a bus station in southeast Turkey in 2013, I bought a bus ticket to northern Iraq. Had the time of my fucking life before going back to Turkey, seeing the conclusion of the Gezi Park protests in Istanbul, bussing over to Georgia, hitchhiking with Germans to Armenia, and more.

Could I have done any of that with a full-trip travel buddy? Fuck no.
>>
I would like to study in either Norway, but I've heard the people are pretty tall. I'm only 5'5 so I'd be a fucking shrimp.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.