[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The longer I've been socially isolated, the more unhinged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: aguirre.jpg (132 KB, 632x349) Image search: [Google]
aguirre.jpg
132 KB, 632x349
The longer I've been socially isolated, the more unhinged and delusional I start to feel. The thing is I always get the seldom points in my life where some group of friends wants to hang out with me again, and the monotony is broken.

If I end up finding myself isolated for long enough without break could I genuinely go insane?
>>
-spent last 3 and a half years spending time almost entirely with myself.

-work in care (clean up shit all day long)

-Come to realise that the massive amount of time I spent in isolation gave me a lot of space to think and work things out.

-Find other people pretty tiresome to deal with because nobody has the outlook I do on life. I've got the rational, pragmatic thing down to a tee.

-Seriously know how to have a good time on my own, can entertain thoughts with myself for indefinite periods of time.

Its not so bad.

However I do abuse drugs constantly and make music which sounds like noise and clean up shit for a living so say what you will I reckon i'm pretty sane but a lot of people out there don't.
>>
>>24972680
I used to wonder this. I'm isolated entirely now. Not so bad. Moments of intense loneliness, but I can't stand people at all. They disgust me. I find my entire mood ruined by even seeing other people. Alone is much better
>>
>>24972856

This.
Be your own best friend.
Don't expect other people to make it all better. They probably won't. If you can deal with life on your own any human contact is going to be a bonus. And you won't be a needy little fuck who can't handle life on their own.
>>
That's just a coping mechanism OP. You probably feel insecure about the fact that you aren't able to consistently have fun with other people, and therefore you subconsciously come up with the rationalization that you are inherently unable to fit in and that it isn't your fault. This is normal, you're just a human longing for attention.

In reality, eventually you learn to be content with spending all of your time by yourself, and in a way it even becomes meaningful. Coupled with the realizations of >>24973012 , in a way you're actually on the road to real self acceptance should you either willingly or unwillingly commit to being alone for the foreseeable future.
>>
After developing slight fecal incontinence and becoming an almost complete shut in, I'm working on being okay alone. Most days it's just fine, except a relationship looks really nice about now..
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.