[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
//NIGHTWALK// : greentext stories edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 54
File: 5562516304_fc8caa7b84.jpg (74 KB, 498x333) Image search: [Google]
5562516304_fc8caa7b84.jpg
74 KB, 498x333
i just risked my life for some bullshit, robots

>wake up at 7pm, sun has been down for hours
>feel like a piece of human shit, insides squirming and reminding me im a fuck up
>gear up for my usual /nightwalk/
>that's warm clothes, drugs, alcohol, spray paint and a knife
>walk down to my favorite river spot and smoke the rest of my bud and start a 40oz
>skip a couple rocks, reflecting on how it is to be low-life scum
>wander over to a run-off drain outlet, examining some graffiti
>somebody had lazily tagged "KASO HQ" over a god-tier mural
>change the tag to "SKANK HQ" and chuckle myself
>pull a fold-out chair out of some rubbish on the beach and finish my beer
>stare out over the river in a daze, thinking about stories I'll never end up writing
>suddenly see a shape floating in the river
>have bad eyesight, can't make it out quite right
>its coming closer
>its a fucking person face-down in the water, about 15 feet from shore
>oh fuck oh fuck
>run down the beach, its definitely a person
>drop my bag, my boots and throw off my coat
>run into the water, its fucking freezing cold
>end up at my neck about 10 feet out, person is almost gone by
>can't swim
>realize if i dont grab them now, the flow from the drain i was just at could pull both of us under
>adrenaline kicks in
>leap out and wrap an arm around the shape
>end up a foot in over my head, kick back up in the direction of shore and resurface enough to breathe, sink again
>in another stride i can stand with my head above the water again
>turn over the body as I pull it to shore and touch its face
>its a fucking adjustable rubber mannequin dressed in clothes
>now soaking wet half a mile from home, weather hovering around 0C
>throw the mannequin in an ash pit, spray a dick on its face and put my dry shit on and hike home, shivering
>can't stop sneezing now

fuck me in the ass, i try to do one good thing and now im probably sick from polluted river pisswater.
>>
Whatever waterborne illnesses were floating in that river have thoroughly soaked through your mucous membranes.
>>
>>24972667
Sounds pretty fun except for that last part.

I might start doing this.
>>
>>24973037
nightwalks are awesome
>chance of encountering normies is almost naught
>nobody looking at you or judging you
>people can't see you do illegal shit from far away because it's fucking night time
>only people you run into are cops, cool nocturnal people, homeless, and the occasional thug
>everyone is usually afraid of each other and trying to keep to themselves
>everything is empty, still, and beautiful
>>
>>24973100
i haven't nightwalked since this homeless schizo started yelling at me and threatening me

im thinking ill just run away or hide if i see people
>>
>>24973127
here. i usually carry paint, a knife, a hammer, ID, flashlight, flip phone, and $10
>>
>>24972667
sounds comfy af. I can't night walk because I'm a wagekek and my city sucks shit and isn't comfy at all. have to wait till I move back up north in the boonies.
Also can I get that pic without the wojak? it looks comfy as hell.
>>
>>24973241
What kind of knife?
>>
File: 1437091008642.png (394 KB, 439x500) Image search: [Google]
1437091008642.png
394 KB, 439x500
>>24972667
>power outage at midnight
>Laptop out of batteries
>cool autumn night
>bundle up and go for walk
>neighborhood is dead silent, streets are completely empty
>full moon lighting everything up
>Walk to cliff near house overlooking the ocean
>moonlight reflecting off the surface of the water
>bright enough to see the silhouettes of mountains in the distance
>no wind, surface of water almost still
>sit on bench
>put in headphones
>smoke a ciggy
>feels so good
>beauty and peace of the moment gets overwhelming
>eyes well up with tears
>smiling for the first time in ages
>quote comes to mind
>"Notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

Feels good. I use that memory to remind myself what happiness feels like when I'm down.
>>
>>24973127
people usually avoid each other at night, but you can usually tell if people are drunk or potentially violent by the way they move. also just avoid places homeless and thugs frequent. if you think somebody may confront you or follow you, go to a busy street (preferably with traffic lights), a well-lit area, or where there are lots of people

learn the routes you travel in order to avoid people and hide if you are being followed/actively pursued in a place you can't easily escape them. wear dark clothes, hide behind thickets, always try to get an elevation/height advantage over them if you can. break lines of sight and don't be predictable, keep them in sight while staying out of theirs. avoid staying in one place unless you're absolutely sure you've lost their trail.

avoid groups of people in isolated areas, and only use weapons as a last line of defense once an altercation has already started. displaying a weapon might incite an attack instead of prevent it, and any weapon you have may very well be taken and used against you

I carry a very bright flashlight which I keep off since I have good night vision. it can blind an assailant and prevent them from being able to properly see you or what you're holding: i convinced a group of niggers trying to rob me by shining a flashlight in their eyes blowing up firecrackers, they thought I had a gun. its the only time I've felt threatened during a nightwalk in my 5 years of doing it.

try to avoid knives, use shit like tasers, mace/pepper spray, a baton, flashlight or even a firearm.
>>
File: 8264946660_f26c6de4bc_z.jpg (98 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
8264946660_f26c6de4bc_z.jpg
98 KB, 612x612
>>24973254
look up pictures of Minneapolis, Minnesota at night. comfiest city for winter nights.
>>
File: 1445640960778.jpg (60 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445640960778.jpg
60 KB, 1920x1080
Nightwalks are the only time i feel free
>>
Any photgraphy fags here know how to take good pictures at night? I want to take pictures of some of my walking spots but they always turn out blurry or one lightsource dominates the whole picture.
>>
what do you get out of night walks? seems boring
>>
File: 1426132132165.png (30 KB, 643x773) Image search: [Google]
1426132132165.png
30 KB, 643x773
>last night
>doctor says get an hour of exercise a day so that I can fall asleep better
>it's 1am but whatever
>hippie outskirts of town don't have streetlights so everything's pitch black
>pretty creepy
>walk around looking at more suburban areas with christmas lights and shit
>feel slightly paranoid 'cause neighborhood watch
>sit on a park bench for a few minutes
>start to feel really congested so go home
>it had only been like 25 minutes
Eh.
>>
>>24973716
Kills time and it's almost exercise
>>
>>24973731

>fucks everything up
>even walking
>>
>>24973716
peace and quiet, exercise, a new perspective on the place you live, mild adventure. Helps me think more clearly as well.
>>
>tfw too scared to nightwalk
>shootings and robberies here pretty often
>lots of drugs and violent gangster wannabe chads
>>
>>24972667
you sound pretty cool anon. i would drink a shitload of vitamin c if i were you cause you're probably gonna get a cold
>>
>>24973527
fug that's comfy

>>24973731
take a walk to the city and bring a small bottle of alcohol or a beer. start drinking right before you get to the more populated areas. walk a bit in the lit area then head home. bring some music.
>>
>>24973830
>thinking vitamin c prevents colds
>2012
>>
>>24973895
I read on Wikipedia it can help you recover faster.
>>
only time i nightwalk is when im looking for crank.
that is a thing of the past now.
>>
>live in the middle of nowhere
>takes about 15 minutes to get out to a place with no lights at all
>tfw looking up at all the stars
>>
File: IMG_3334.jpg (241 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3334.jpg
241 KB, 1600x1067
>>24973835
>tfw no /nightwalk/ friend to explore the twin cities with

>>24973708
try taking a longer light exposure if your camera has the option

>>24972798
im gonna die
>>
File: 20130605_020955.jpg (1 MB, 1592x2122) Image search: [Google]
20130605_020955.jpg
1 MB, 1592x2122
Alright. I always night-walk and love doing it on other countries. Here's a story, pic related:

>Istanbul
>June of 2013
>Gezi Park protests had just erupted a few days before
>I'm staying in a hostel about two minutes from Taksim Square
>the police had been pushed out of the area earlier in the day but were still attempting to advance from their camp in Besiktas
>not as much tear gas in the air as in days before so I decide to take a walk and survey the destruction
>stroll to Taksim Square, which is littered with burnt-out vehicles, fires in garbage bins, and the flags of various poltiical organizations
>tons of people milling around
>lots of street in the street, dancing, singing, et cetera
>start down this winding road that begins at the southeast corner of the Taksim Roundabout and heads towards the Bosporus
>crowds are growing thicker and I keep hear yelling and chaotic noises in the distance
>keep up my pace and discover that dozens of riot police officers along with armored vehicles are trying to make their way up the hill
>protesters are tearing bricks out of the street and using them to form barricades along with wood, planks, and other debris
>I'm standing around taking videos and photos of my phone when I hear a barrage of pops and the *plunk* of tear gas canisters being shot
>officers coming over the hill shooting gas into the middle of the crowd with a riot control vehicle spraying pepper spray into the air
>everybody is screaming and running in the opposite direction
>I can't really see because I have a pair of goggles on and they had fogged up from my own body heat
>stumbling around and suddenly hear a mass of explosions
>a few hardcore protesters had climbed on top of a large brick barricade and launched off fireworks
>everybody who had been running uphill, myself included, turned around to watch the sky be set ablaze
>this was all the motivation people needed to turn back and fight off the police
>good-bye police
>>
File: 20130601_003048.jpg (806 KB, 2122x1592) Image search: [Google]
20130601_003048.jpg
806 KB, 2122x1592
>>24975359

Also have somewhat interesting /nightwalk/ stories from countries like Iceland, Serbia, Bosnia, Iraq, Georgia, UAE, India, Colombia, etc, if anyone is interested.

Here's another Gezi Park pic.
>>
i'm thinking of buying one of those ebay knives for a fiver and mugging people i encounter on my /nightwalks/
i wonder if they package them discreetly enough to pass through customs... ? hmm
it has to be one of those fuck off big tactical ones because that will scare 'em
good plan?
anyone /life of crime/ here?
>>
>>24975440
>>24975359
How do I travel like you anon
>>
I used to do this all the time with my dog when I lived in the woods. I live in the suburbs near a city with a high crime rate so I'm too afraid someone will notice my gender now.
I like seeing all the pictures from these threads though.
>>
>>24975440
that sounds intense as fuck. keep it going my friend
>>
>>24975530
>tfw no gf to /nightwalk/ with only to end up encountering a gang of niggers that beat the shit out of me and then proceed rape her to death with their comically oversized negro penises
>>
>College, Pittsburgh 2009
>City is desolate as fuck at night
>Night walk champion
>everyone always asks me to walk with them
>qts feel safe when I walk with them
>betas ask me to walk with them and their gf

Those were the days
>>
File: 20130601_033306.jpg (480 KB, 1469x1102) Image search: [Google]
20130601_033306.jpg
480 KB, 1469x1102
>>24975529

Be retarded enough to not mind getting your head almost blown off by riot control.

>>24975545

>couple of days earlier on the first day of protests
>the riots were still gaining traction and there weren't throngs of people around Taksim
>decided to take a walk with the owner of my hostel to see if there were any new developments
>streets are mostly empty but there are there are a few folks partying and drinking in the vicinity of Istiklal Caddesi
>we're at the corner of Tarlabasi Bulvari, Taksim, and the big avenue that leads to Cehavir Mall
>there are some metal walls to separate a pedestrian walkway from construction that was being completed on a tunnel under Taksim or something
>we're just walking by ourselves, not carrying rocks or looking suspicious
>hear angry yelling in the distance
>there are a few police officers standing around near Gezi Park
>they're shouting at some people elsewhere, one of them sees us and raises his rubber bullet gun
>shoots in our directions
>rest of the cops spin around and start plunking off tear gas canisters
>running down this little shitty walkway while clouds of noxious bullshit are cropping up all around
>couple of canisters tear through the metal sheeting and hit the hostel owner
>had a huge fucking burning lump on his arm for a week

Pic related is Taksim Square the same night, I think. For what it's worth, we weren't acting suspiciously or doing anything too shady - we were literally just walking. Like I said, this was before the protests really took off. They only got frighteningly huge the next day. A big part of the reason why so many people got angry is because the police consistently kept doing things like they'd done to us.

I think at some point the police herded a bunch of protesters into the Taksim Funicular station, shot in a shit-ton of tear gas, and then closed the gates, trapping everyone inside with the gas (note that this included old people, commuters, tourists, etc).
>>
I wish I lived in town or a city so I could go for night walks, I live on a road that I'd probably get hit by a drunk while walking down it.
>>
>>24973835
isn't public intoxication illegal or whatever
>>
last winter I would night walk but it got to a point where I had already walked everywhere within a reasonable distance and I didn't want to be unoriginal and cover the same ground so I gave it up
in the summer I bought a bike but its just not the same
>>
>>24975783
are your parents rich or what
>>
>tfw take bus to city sometimes just to eat ramen by myself at my favourite japanese ramen bar
>>
File: feel noir.png (33 KB, 588x538) Image search: [Google]
feel noir.png
33 KB, 588x538
>>24972667
I used to go on nightwalks in Dallas. Not much to greentext, surprisingly enough it was mostly quiet, I tended to nightwalk in the public park and I guess the drifters who got high there after dark kept to themselves.

Crime was constant and gunshots were a multiple nightly occurence, but I guess all the crime was centered around population and there were no gang wars in the shitty river park. Like I said, 'craziest' thing I ever saw was a homeless man shooting up quietly under a tree.
>>
>>24972667
>Enjoy walking at night since it's cool, less people, less noise and I'm normally drunk/carefree
>Heard last night that a guy was put in hospital by 4 youths just a few km from my house
>>
File: 1446508444036s.jpg (7 KB, 250x228) Image search: [Google]
1446508444036s.jpg
7 KB, 250x228
>>24976034
>youths
>>
>>24976034
>by 4 youths
Of the urban variety?
>>
File: IMG_3767.jpg (649 KB, 1613x1210) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3767.jpg
649 KB, 1613x1210
>>24975911

Fuck no.

I pay for all of my traveling by myself. I worked multiple jobs for my first few years of college to afford a few trips. I think that, during my spring semester of my sophomore year, I worked between fifty and seventy-five hours per week as a delivery driver at two different restaurants. I saved $5500 in a couple of months and was making almost $800 per week in tips alone plus base pay. Wasn't great money but it let me do what I wanted to do.

I'm a fifth-year senior now and manage a small business and also write. I made $2,500-$3,000 in November from writing but had to spend a lot of it. Going to India for the fourth or fifth time in two and a half years in less than a week.

Here's another story:

>had landed in India for the second time about two months earlier
>this was in 2014, which was one Delhi's hottest recorded summers in recent years
>the monsoon was late, temperatures were scorching, and the humidity was nigh unbearable
>the mercury was going up to 48 and 49 C day in and day out, with the smog and pollution making it feel even worse than it really was
>decided to go to Kashmir to try and cool off
>hardly had any money so I stayed with a friend's family for free on a houseboat they were renovating in exchange for doing garden work and chores
>had to mow a lawn with my bare hands, in that I'd grab fistfuls of grass and yank it out of the ground(they weren't just fucking with me, the owner was a mechanic who had emigrated to Australia but came back to take care of his ill mother; he helped me with the grass)
>after a while I decided I wanted to go farther up into the mountains to see some natural beauty and escape the heat that was taking over Srinagar
>mechanic drove me up a mountain to some place called Naranag, which has a trail leading up to Gangabal Lake and Mount Harmukh
>normally the trek only takes four or five hours because tourists tend to hire pack mules and guides
>I was too broke for this and had to haul
>>
>>24975440
Please share, I really want to backpack through rural Europe/away from tourist places but I fear some random migrant mob will kill me
>>
File: IMG_3824.jpg (772 KB, 1613x1210) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3824.jpg
772 KB, 1613x1210
>>24976167

>my gear up alone
>took the better part of the day and it was night by the time I got there
>there were a lot of cliffs and rocky outcrops but I decided to keep going
>eventually passed the treeline and saw fires in the distance
>walked up to the camp and found it was a Kashmiri guide showing around three Greek girls he'd scammed into an overpriced tour
>pretty quickly told them they were getting ripped off, which pissed the tour guide off
>he cooked me food because they asked him to but he sent me packing not long afterward
>kept walking
>by now it was very hard to see and I'd been too stupid to take a flashlight
>dogs were barking in the distance and lunging at me in the dark
>I came to these huge boulders in the middle of a river and could hear water trickling underneath me
>was afraid to fall but I jumped from one to the next
>was wondering where I'd be able to set up camp
>saw some tents in the distance and started walking towards them
>when I got close I heard somebody screaming in Hindi and the cocking of a rifle's actions
>few guys with AK-47s started running at me
>spotlight in my face
>tfw I'd walked into an Indian Army camp with a giant backpack on and my hood pulled up
>they let me go when they realized I was a tourist
>told me the camp I wanted was farther up the hill
>reached there, set up, slept
>had to pretend that I was Muslim because I thought these two dudes would kill me
>fun times in Kashmir.jpeg

Not sure if that's a regular /nightwalk/ but whatever. Pics related, both are from the area. This pic is where the guides took me after I lied and told them I was Muslim (they took me fishing for free along with the Taiwanese guy they were scamming).
>>
>go on nightwalks at around 11pm
>be walking my usual route
>see a coon coming down the sidewalk on the same side i'm walking on
>cross the street
>he crosses too
>pulls gun out
>i freeze up and piss myself
>he laughs at me and punches me in the face and pistol whips me
>takes my wallet while i'm on the ground
>feel extremely hazy and dizzy, feel head bleeding
>hear his pants unzipping
>oh god i'm going to get raped
>start crying
>feel him pull my pants and underwear down
>he fucks me and cums in my asshole
>punches me in the back of the head and calls me a faggot and laughs
>lie there and cry with cum and blood leaking from my ass for what seemed like an eternity
>stumble home

that was three days ago. going to kill myself next week, already ordered the exit bag.
>>
>>24976108
>>24976151
I'm Australian so youths actually means whitetrash lads/future meth users.
Probably 25% abo but the big factor is the environment of poverty and petty crime they spawn from. I highly recommend watching Snowtown to understand what type of people I mean
>>
>>24976247

You'll be fine, senpai. Third-worlders (i.e., migrants) usually go out of their way to be nice to you if you treat them with an ounce of dignity. Although I'm not religious and have a few problems with the region's assorted cultures, I find that Muslims in the Middle-East tend to be some of the most hospitable and generous people you could imagine, especially if you're a male foreigner. They might sometimes treat ladies like shit and have a bunch of strange ideas, but they'll cook you a feast and let you sleep in their house with second thoughts and without asking for a single dime.

I hitchhiked from London to Istanbul (minus water crossings, i.e., flights over the ocean and a bus across the Chunnel) and had zero problems.

My family was really worried about me going to Colombia. Had zero problems. Ironically, I was mugged for the first time in my life when I got back home a few weeks later, right near my university and office (several urban youths thought they could take my phone but were too incompetent to take it from a dude drunk off his ass).
>>
my area is very distanced, very far apart. there's plenty of stores and buildings but they're not really designed around sidewalks so I would just be trudging through cold dew grass the whole way. I do go for night drives though, those are the best.
>nobody on the road but you
>pulling over in a dead end, turning off your lights and watching the lights go off in houses
>checking out what all the graveyard shift people are doing
>cold night air whipping through open windows while I blast shitty rap and anime music through my speakers, who cares, nobody but me is listening
>>
>>24976318
>>24976247

Same guy, just wanted to add:

Actually, third-worlders in general are nice as fuck compared to Western Europeans and Merrycunts. I tend to like traveling to less-developed countries because the locals are usually way friendlier than in places like the UK or France, especially when it comes to urban areas (Serbs in Belgrade >>> Londoners).
>>
File: WIN_20150512_222158.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20150512_222158.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>Live down town in a college city in Kansas.
>Just far enough away from the bar district so there's no drunken fratboys to bother me
>Generally no people so I can just take my dog with me without even having to hold her leash
>Me and her poke around back alleys and if anything gets attentions I just have to step on the leash and pick it back up
>TFW exploring with your dog pal
>>
>>24976295
why dont you just kill a bunch of nigger instead, you will be a legend like Dyldog Roofenstain
>>
>>24976484

I spent all my money on my suicide.
>>
>>24976394

Just wanted to say that I think what you're doing is awesome.

I did a 17 day study abroad session in Belize this past summer. I loved it, but I felt so constrained. Everything was scheduled, we were chauffeured, etc. I got to see the country, but I wasn't really *IN* it, if that makes sense.

I would love to be able to do what you're doing. I've got two grand in a savings account and your posts are really starting to make me think.

Are there any resources you would recommend? Like some books, or a forum?
>>
tfw I haven't gone on a nightwalk in months because some assholes shot some skateboarder in a drive by during my last walk and then some kid got stabbed where I would usually go to chillandlistentotunesunderthestars

I need to get out of the ghetto
>>
File: comfy.jpg (79 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
79 KB, 409x409
>>24975161
>tfw /nightwalk/ in the twin cities all the time
>>
>>24976538

Thanks, buddy. I wouldn't say it's too admirable or inspiring - in all honesty, traveling a lot has negatively impacted some aspects of my life. At the end of the day, it's just a hobby like any other, albeit one which can help you build confidence, memories, and rudimentary people and language skills. Definitely helped me become less of an awkward person, and I have a much better idea of what I want to do as I get older than I did before.

I'm honestly not much of a planner so I can't help much in that regard. I tend to just fly to places that strike my fancy and often base trip decisions on the cheapest cool-sounding place I can fly to off SkyScanner (that's how I picked Colombia).

I lived and worked in New Delhi, India, for a long while just because I ended up running out of money. I knew it would happen, but I just figured I'd find a way to survive.

/trv/ is actually really good. I have a thread there and occasionally ask questions about places I'm thinking of visiting. Can't help out too much with resources since I'm not too big on travel books or shows. My girlfriend bought me a book called "Do Travel Writers Go To Hell?" which was pretty funny and reminded me a bit of myself (which is why she bought it), but I dunno otherwise.

Happy to answer any other questions.
>>
File: 1449461838168.jpg (44 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1449461838168.jpg
44 KB, 480x480
I beat the shit out of two niglets that tried to rob me, might have killed one or sent him to the hospital

>friday night
>walking home from work at midnight because I couldn't get a ride from anyone and didn't have bus fare
>have to walk 10 miles home, part of it through a kind of bad neighborhood
>get some glares from scary black people
>decide to cut through an abandoned construction site to get to some train tracks that are a straight path to my neighborhood
>pair of niglets tagging on the ground floor of an unfinished building
>they notice me when i accidentally make some noise squeezing through a shitty wire fence
>get tangled a little and trip, they start making their way towards me
>they're both high-school aged and young, patchy facial hair and general thuglife-swag fashion trend

lets call them niglet A and B. A is taller but lean, B is shorter and kind of fat

>A: ayy yo krakka the fuq u doin boi
>B: whuchu got on you senpai
>reply "I haven't got shit on me, im just trying to go home man" as i untangle myself from the fence and they draw closer
>B: naw nigga whats in yo bag, open up
>"I'm not opening up shit, back off"
>A: muthafucka im packin heat, gimme yo shit if yo dont want yo ass beat senpai
>grabs his belt like he has a gun, which he obviously doesn't (i know a guy who actually conceal carries like a thug and showed me how you can tell if somebody has a gun on them)
>A strides up and grabs my collar, B moves to my side
>A: this is the last time before i jaw you bitch, and we steal yo shit.
>B: ya les not make dis shit violent u kno
>legitimately don't have anything on me worth protecting, but im not about to lose my keys and ID to a pair of worthless niglets

1/2
>>
>>24976664

>in Colombia
>talking to an Indian girl
>her Russian friend was walking down Montserrate in the evening
>got waylaid by enemies and had to defend himself
>they asked for his phone and wallet
>he's a martial arts expert and didn't want to give anything up
>got stabbed multiple times but got away

>all this for a flip phone and a couple thousand pesos
>>
>>24975161

Are you in the TC? I always usually take night walks around my neighborhood. I used to do urban exploration around here out in the suburbs from the cities, but I can only imagine how the night walks would be out there.
>>
>>24972667
Good for you OP. It really sucks you got burned for it, but you did the right thing. Imagine if it actually was a real person?
>>
You guys do realize #nightwalks is going to become a thing?

Normies everywhere are going to get in on this new fad.
>>
>take a walk at 2am
>get asked if I want to buy drugs twice
>get asked if I sell drugs twice
>guy asks me if I sell (stolen) bikes
My life as a shitskin
>>
>>24972667
Jesus is no one going to comment on the best part of this story?
OP I think you are a great guy and I'd buy you a beer.
>>
>>24976660

I really appreciate it, man. I've got SkyScanner up in another tab right now.

I can't help but shake some negative thoughts though. Not in regards to travel itself, but in regards to my ability to do it.

When I was 11 I suffered an injury to a growth plate on my left femur, and because it happened in the middle of a very substantial growth spurt (I was 5'4" when I entered middle school and 6'1" when I left) my left leg is about an inch and a half shorter than my right. This, combined with my sedentary lifestyle as a teenager, led to some pretty significant back issues. If you're ever pinched a nerve, you know just how debilitating back pain can be. I've been going to a chiropractor weekly since I was 13.

Obviously, spinal adjustment isn't going to happen if I'm living out of a hostel in Slovenia. The idea of being out in the world and being unable to enjoy it terrifies me and just pushes me farther into this hole I'm in. Burning what's left of my youth in front of a screen (I'm 21). I've put an effort into improving myself physically. I've lost about 30 pounds to bring myself down to a healthy weight (190 at 6'2") and I can climb the Burj Khalifa on a stairmaster. But my back is still pretty fucked. I've thrown it out with stuff as simple as picking up a bag of dog food.

My back, combined with other shit in my life, like some hearing loss from a workplace accident and the fact that my hairline is receding fairly rapidly, just snowball and drive my anxiety through the roof, until I just block everything out, push any thoughts of adventure aside and trudge through another week.

I'm not really sure why I'm writing this all out. I just wanted to say it. Sorry if I'm wasting your time.

I'll go check for your thread on /trv/, I'd love to read more about the stuff you've done.
>>
>>24976922

I'm white but this happened to me the other day. I was accosted twice within 5 minutes by negroes who either wanted to sell or buy cocaine (I'm not sure which desu, both times they immediately left when I said I don't do coke)
>>
>>24976417
Lawrence?
>>
>>24977053
Manhattan.
>>
>>24975161
>>24975654
Minneapolis and Pittsburgh are comfy as fuck, I lived in both.
>>
>>24976985
How despite being soaking wet in freezing weather, OP still takes the time to spray paint a dick on a mannequin? Because I will never forget that.
>>
>>24977097
You never pass the opportunity to draw a dick on something
>>
>>24977004

It's fine.

There's only so much I can say. That sounds rough in a lot of ways, and I'm certainly privileged by virtue of health in comparison. However, I do think you can still find a way to follow through with your dreams. You might have to take things a little slower and play the game safer, but I do believe it's possible. I met a middle-aged Canadian woman in India who was suffering from chronic pain brought on by nerve damage. She had a very difficult time finding treatment at home and located a specialist in New Delhi. When she got there, she couldn't walk and was in so much pain that she couldn't remember her ride from the airport to the hotel.

After a few months of treatment, her pain wasn't completely gone, but she could walk and enjoy life again. She liked being in India and made a lot of friends there and went back fairly recently.

I know it sounds meme-y, but all I can say is this: it's better to at least try to put some of those fears aside than to continue, as you say, wasting your youth. Eventually you'll reach a point where you're burdened by familial and/or financial obligations and won't have the time to pursue those dreams until you're retired. I mean, I don't know you and I don't know how bad your condition is - but if you feel up for it and can afford, I'd say go for it.

It might also help you to consult your GP in conjunction with a travel physician to see if there are any steps or medications you can take to reduce your discomforts while traveling.
>>
>>24977162
>>24977004

Also, at risk of sounding SUPER meme-y and stereotypical: I've seen a ton of handicapped people coping with life in the developing world. I came across dozens of amputees in Bosnia and Herzegovina who had lost their legs to landmines, as well as mentally ill or half-destroyed beggars in India. I've seen old men without legs wheel themselves out of potholes in New Delhi on these specially constructed hand-powered carts.

Obviously their pain doesn't negate your own. But I do think there's something worth learning from how those who are even a hair worse off than us can manage to scrape by and continue going about life against all odds.

I'm not a hippie and I'm not really into all that "muh enlightened perspective" crap. But I do think that if these people can keep going, you at least stand a chance of doing whatever it is that you want to do.
>>
>>24977203
>>24977162
its sad that on this board you have to be self conscious when talking normal
>>
File: 12-RollerFloor.jpg (174 KB, 799x599) Image search: [Google]
12-RollerFloor.jpg
174 KB, 799x599
>>24976664
so you guys understand, i work at a shipping company carrying 100+ lb packages and pushing 8000 pound containers around on a ball-bearing floor, which is a lot more difficult than it sounds. im used to a lot of physical labor and using more muscle than I know I have. despite being a pale nerd, ive got some strength and endurance

>force niglet A away with a push to his diaphragm with open palms, he swings and misses as I step in to jab him in the solar plexus
>he stumbles, but B pulls me back, grabs my wrist with a sweaty hand
>twist my wrist out of his hand and elbow him in the face
>B punches me in the ribs and back, I land a decent punch right in the middle of his face and he backs off, I make my way towards the train tracks
>niglet A recovers, puts up his fists and misses one again but gets me good in the side of the head with the other, see stars
>heart is pumping, haven't been in a fight since middle school
>back up quite a bit
>"HEY just BACK THE FUCK OFF and let me go im not tryna fight you man"
>niglet A: ya right bitch imma knock you the fuck out boi
>B is lurking back and moving around to my back but A is right in front of me still advancing, fists up
>smacks me in the jaw
>slam him hard again in the solar plexus because he opens up his chest when he tries to punch
>feeling slightly dizzy, adrenaline starts pumping - scared I might actually get fucked up
>A is bent from my last hit, grab his throat with one hand and give another uppercut to his diaphragm, pushing him into a stack of pallets
>deathgrip his esophagus, my fingernails digging into the side of his neck, thumb into the part just beneath your jawline
>he just keeps grappling and twisting at my shoulder with one hand and keeping my other hand at bay
>B comes forward and pulls me off of A
>A pulls out a damn knife and looks at me like a murderous angry gorilla and starts forward
>look for anything around me to be used as a weapon against him

2/3 sorry im trying to type with my phone
>>
>>24977255

I've been on 4chan long enough that I don't really care if somebody insults me for sounding one way or another, but I still try to take some steps to minimize fallout from potential trolls.

Oh well.

But honestly, I don't like the "spiritual enlightenment" people I meet in countries like India very much, so it'd make me uncomfortable to say stuff like that anyway. India is an incredibly interesting country, albeit one with a metric fuck-ton of problems. I've never liked people who go there just to gawk at poverty or pay money to stay at temples or whatever.
>>
how often do you get approached by the police
>>
>>24977162
>>24977203

I really, really appreciate this anon. It's these conversations like this that keep me coming back to this site. I'm going to try to do what I can do with what I have. The whole "you have to play with the hand you're dealt" thing my uncle always talked about.

I'll probably avoid really extended stuff, and try to stick to more modernized (relatively speaking, of course) areas like central/eastern europe or east asia. Or the more developed parts of latin america (Uruguay is the place that piqued my interest with traveling, I met a guy from there).

I would honestly love to keep this rolling with you, but I just realized it's 2:45 AM where I'm at and I really need to put myself out.

Again, I really appreciate this.
>>
File: 1376899794375.gif (185 KB, 195x200) Image search: [Google]
1376899794375.gif
185 KB, 195x200
>tfw Southwest American desert at night time
>>
Use to go on night walks a lot
I remember this one secific time
>be visting mates in america they live in the middle of fucking no where
>cant adjust to time and im wide awake at like 1am
>go for a walk
>taking in all the sights and sounds of rural America
>think "those indians had it good"
>all of a sudden i hear a commotion up ahead of me
>beta kicks in and I hide (theres like a hill to the left of the road and i run and roll down the hill on to a footpath below)
>I then back up more so I can see the road and figure out whats going on it could just be a dog walker or some shit
>no
>see like 8-10 people walkimg down the road dressed in black robes with tall black pointy hats on one of them looked to be soaked in (what i thought) was water
>sket the fuck out and hide in the bush untill morning
>the sun was coming up at like 5am so I took that as ny chance and bolted back to the guest house
>I then told my mates about it and they were all like 2 spookey 4 me
Anyway apprently it was a Satanist group who sacrificed a religous family to the spawn of satan himself this included the husband, the wife, the two young girls aged 8 and 6 and their new born son
I will try and find an article about it.
Yeh i still take night walk just less now
>>
>>24977282
>

type faster you piece of shit
>>
>>24977391

No problem. I have to stay up because I have an exam in a few hours. Hope you get to do what you want to do, Anon. Have a nice night.
>>
>>24977412
Why the trippy pepe? Peyote?
>>
>>24977282
Hurry up your story is the only reason Im still here
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 400x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 400x570
Anyone here night bike?
>dat comfy breeze as your body heats up from pedaling
>dat pride you take in your kickass bike
This is what I did yesterday
>ride to foodmaxx and pick up a king cobra 40oz
>stop behind foodmaxx in alley and chug it
>catch a good buzz
>bike to friends house
>we drink some tequila then I leave
>bike back home at 4am smoking 3 cigs on the way back
Been doing this almost everyday for months. Been losing lots of weight because of how far I bike too. People have been getting killed by gang members in my area so it's pretty scary, but I'm not stupid , I know my town well and know where not to go.
>>
File: desertnight.jpg (88 KB, 681x454) Image search: [Google]
desertnight.jpg
88 KB, 681x454
>>24977472

I've never tried but would given the chance. The cool night air and the wide open plains at mid-night can be quite refreshing for the mind.
>>
>>24977304
>>24977304
i wasn't trying to insult you i was just saying that because you can tell how satire this board is
>>
File: 1449130400205s.jpg (3 KB, 104x125) Image search: [Google]
1449130400205s.jpg
3 KB, 104x125
>>24977282
>im scrambling backwards, about to get stabbed to death by niglet A who's strutting forward like its business
>B is just standing back looking dumb
>nearly trip over a pallet on the ground
>this is fucking survival at this point
>quickly pick the entire thing up and swing it at niglet A
>it hits him in the side and gives a nasty rash by the way he grabbed his side and hissed at the touch
>comes forward again
>slam the fucking pallet down as hard as i can on his head
>he crumples, holding his head and moving feebly
>notice an aluminum pole used for wire fencing nearby
>pick it up like a sword and move towards A on the ground
>suddenly B tackles me to the ground and rolls off quickly, scrambling towards the knife by his fallen friend
>still holding the pole, I jump to my feet and hit him in the head with the pole
>im too angry at this point to hold back
>hit B again and again, using the pole with one hand and striking in a side-to-side "X" formation
>he's screaming and rolling up into a ball
>hitting him harder and harder as the anger rushes through me even though he didn't do much to hurt me
>niglet A gets up, obviously disoriented, holding the knife
>turn and just wallop him directly in the face with all my power
>there's a kind of sickening crunch and a "snnrrrk" sound
>niglet A falls back limply
>his eyes are open but it's like they don't see anything, blood pouring out of his nose as he looks up into the sky
>grab the knife out of his hand, realize I've really just hurt someone bad
>B is crying, A is completely silent save for a wheezing, rattling sound like snoring
>say "get the fuck back home little boy" to niglet B
>he looks up scared and furiously, crawls and then stumbles away towards the street
>throw the knife and pole high up into one of the unfinished building's windows
>start walking along the train tracks, suddenly home before i know it
>can barely sleep, wondering if i killed niglet A
>>
>>24977537

I know you weren't, bro. I got what you were saying. I type pretty fast so I have a tendency to ramble.
>>
>>24977517
Do your research well, anon. There's a species containing mescaline which is now endangered because of people not researching well enough.
>>
>>24977542
Eh, you will be fine. Self defence at its best. Also, you sound like a legit guy desu. You didn't have the intent to hurt them even though they would have deserved it; they forced your hand.

Legit cool story whiteboii.
>>
File: 1443296098685.jpg (50 KB, 232x300) Image search: [Google]
1443296098685.jpg
50 KB, 232x300
>>24977542
dam son u kilt that man
>>
>>24977542
How long ago? I'd be checking the news constantly.

Poetic justice for the niglets.
>>
>straight male
>been propositioned for sex by men more times during this month's few nightwalks than by women in my emtire life

got to laugh i guess
i
>>
>>24973956
>believing what people write on Wikipedia
>>
>>24977666
i dont know why this surprises you

why do you think the gays are largely promiscuous?
>>
>be me
>remember a park i found years ago when i got lost trying to find some party my normie friends told me about
>decide to go for a ride on my bike to find said park
>after getting lost for what seemed like forever i finally found said park
>chill at park for a bit on the swing while listening to music
>leave park and head for home
>get to the end of the street and a bat flew out of the trees and pissed on me
>>
this is a nice nightwalk thread

very comfy
>>
>want to go on a night walk
>Trying to get my sleep schedule back to normal so I'm not up at night
>>
>>24972667
If you do drugs of any kind, including alcohol, you are normie scum and need to get the fuck off my board
>>
>>24977542
Fucking baby gorillas had it coming. They should know better than to act like they're tough shit.

Fucking gangster wannabe's are just as worthless as any robot.

Inb4 ow the edge
>>
File: 1449548072616.gif (768 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1449548072616.gif
768 KB, 500x340
>>24972667
maybe god is trying to tell you something, like you are not Piece of shit and you really are a good person.
>>
>>24977542
don't feel bad, it's their fault for trying to fucking rob you
>>
>live in scotland
>really cold and icy this time of year, easy to slip
>live in a bad area
>guy who lives a few streets away is connected to 5 murders, but hasnt been charged with anything
>scared to /nightwalk/

theres some fields near me that might be comfy though, as long as the sheep are friendly
>>
>Going for 2 am night walk to buy cigs.
>Streets I live on at night are fucking creepy, no lights and dogs barking in every direction
>Walking past shopping plaza and see girl walking around too
>She asks me if I'm homeless too
>I tell her no and she thought that because I was walking around at 2 am and how I look, we then talk about some weird shit like she was homeless for 8 years but her kids dad won't let her in, and she sleeps at the park near where I live
>Gave her some cigs and walked back home
>>
File: 1449787001347.jpg (26 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
1449787001347.jpg
26 KB, 500x260
>>24972667
>Tagging
>Drinking 40s
Maybe the reason you haven't finished any stories is because you're a delinquent, wigger
>>
File: DSC01694.jpg (293 KB, 1024x1143) Image search: [Google]
DSC01694.jpg
293 KB, 1024x1143
>>24977843
>get to the end of the street and a bat flew out of the trees and pissed on me
top fucking kek anon. I almost spilled my beer

>>24976729
yup, south Minneapolis. I live right between Minneapolis major and St.Paul so I've got access to the dankest spots like Prospect Park and Fort Snelling. I've always wanted to do some real urbex here in the cities, there's so many caves but a lot of them are getting sealed off. I'm also a bit of an idiot so I don't want to hurt myself or get lost in the underground.

The nightwalks here are pretty awesome, I rarely get bothered, and people rarely come down to the river area especially at night. Since I'm part mountain goat I can navigate some of the steep cliffs and get to some chill spots people usually don't fuck around at.

Have you ever heard of Action Squad? It's a pretty thorough site about twin cities urbex. It gives me some really bad feels about never being able to experience being a tunnel rat in the 80's with your punkass friends.
>>
>go out for nightwalk around midnight
>walk to river, chill for a hit, walk back to apartment
>beautiful evening full of comfy warm summer breezes
>mostly chill side roads but have to cross one busy road with a bunch of bars on it
>walking past a ritzier bar
>group of fratbros outside smoking, probably bitter because they weren't let in or got kicked out
>hear them yelling at me
>"Hey four eyed freak"
>"fucking faggot"
>don't make eye contact because 4v1 and speed walk out or there
>they follow me for half a block hurling insults then walk back
> I never nightwalk again

What would make a group of people decide to random do that anyways? I know when I'm out with my friends or aquaintences the idea of "hey let's see of this random stranger wants to fight the group of us" never comes up. Are normies self confidence really that low they feel the need to "prove" themselves, as if one scrawny nerdy guy would even have a chance against 4 people?
>>
>>24977955
Was she cute?
>>
>>24977542
>believing this
Sounds too much like a scripted scene in a video game. I highly doubt you'd have time to scramble around and grab all those power ups to beat those minibosses when they're ganging up on you.
>>
>>24977955
should have let her stay with u and then fuck
>>
File: 1445601954991.png (200 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1445601954991.png
200 KB, 600x800
>>24972667
I took a long walk along Belle Isle earlier this night.

Best walk in a long time, Michiganfags should know
>>
>>24978084
I haven't been to Belle Isle since the State took it over. I would think they wouldn't want people walking through there after park hours.
Anything interested, or just a normal walk?
>>
>>24978012
Only your mom accepts your good boi points as currency desu senpai
>>
File: 1449973782655.jpg (33 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1449973782655.jpg
33 KB, 499x499
>>24978051
Kinda it looked like she had done some drugs but not too far gone. I probably could've gotten my ween sucked if I offered but I'm beta
>>
>>24978164
I had a girl ask me if she could live at my house for a while, when I was on a night walk one time.
>"I'm so hungry, I haven't eaten in so long, do you have any money?"
>offer her my pizza leftovers I'm carrying
>"no I need money"
>"can I live at your house"
Fuck you bitch, maybe if you took the pizza I'd let you but you lied the first time you talked to me.
>>
>>24978077
I did offer but I live at home and my mom has like 10 dogs and they all go off like an alarm to strangers so I thought it'd be weird at 2 am
>>
>>24978259
So she just asked a complete stranger to live with them? That's pretty weird
>>
>>24978041
Are normies self confidence really that low they feel the need to "prove" themselves, as if one scrawny nerdy guy would even have a chance against 4 people?
Yes. This is common in every nigger and nigger type whites.

Carry a gun with you family. Use your god given rights. If you're not american, well it sucks to be you.
>>
>>24978123
There seemed to be a good amount of actively, bikes and like.
Nothing interesting, the place is just nostalgic for me and always pretty.
>>
>>24978286
Yep, she was probably planning to steal from me or fuck me for money, but she obviously just wanted money for drugs because she wouldn't be taken the pizza if she was as hungry as she said.
>>
File: ss+(2015-08-16+at+12.56.49).jpg (85 KB, 977x659) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-08-16+at+12.56.49).jpg
85 KB, 977x659
>give homeless guy some change
>he thanks me and I go on my way
>probably an hour later, walking through an empty street
>some asshole drives down in a really flashy pickup truck, super loud and jarring
>glance over my shoulder to watch it disappear down the street
>notice some other movement as I look over my shoulder
>looks like someone had just ducked into an alleyway
>keep walking
>glance back again
>nothing
>keep walking again
>can't shake this bad feeling
>look over my shoulder again
>it's the same fucking homeless guy I saw an hour ago, he's following me at a distance
>think he's probably just going somewhere in the same direction
>decide to turn right
>he's still following me
>start running
>look back just one more time
>he seems to have given up following me
>he's just standing standing on the sidewalk, watching until I disappear around another corner
>>
>>24975359

>people actually believed this load of bullshit
>>
>>24978307
Would have*
>>
File: WZWa3sc.jpg (189 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
WZWa3sc.jpg
189 KB, 600x600
>you will never be able to /nightwalk/ a chain of cozy villages up in the european mountains

end my life
>>
>>24978319
Never give homeless people anything
>>
>>24973505
I live in a stand your ground state. Feels real good.
>>
File: Los Angeles.jpg (444 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Los Angeles.jpg
444 KB, 2560x1600
Ok I got a story for y'all.

>just finished a worthless two year degree in a shit tier community college
>Pissed off because I have no idea what to do with my life and I don't know how I'll get a job and survive
>All I want is to get my own place and a job to sustain myself. I don't want fame or blinding success or even a GF and family. I know myself enough to know I'm to lazy and have always been a selfish piece of shit to bother.
>Drive out at 3 AM to the hills in hollywood
>Park car and stop at the over look and take in the view of the night lights and LA skyline.
>Sitting on the hood of my car, I take out a cig and light it
>put in my earphones and this starts playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPkRfb0vtEE
>Slowly breathe in, taking in the sight and air
>notice a strange blob out of the corner of my vision
>its a couple a few feet away from me enjoying the sight and cuddling/holding hands
>can't look away cause too beta and never experienced real life affection
>they turn to face each other and time seems to slow down as if the universe is mocking me
>They start deeply kissing each other slowly and passionately
>that song is still playing
>with the starry night Los Angeles sky as the backdrop for my third wheel experience
>It feels as if I'm glued to this experience like some desperate creep
>after what seems like a good 20 minutes they pull away from each other
>I immediately dart my vision back to the city
>song ends, cig is burnt out, and shadow couple walk away together into the night
>get back into car, realize I still don't have a job
>wasted gas getting all the way up there
>felt even worse
>go home, cry, contemplate exit bag but to afraid of potentially making myself a vegetable in some freak accident

Did you like it?
>>
>>24978614
Start using opiates my man.
>>
>>24978487
I read Bill Bryson's "Neither Here Nor There" it was very nice.
I wish I could do something like that. Imagine how incredible it would be to just wander with a close friend. It would be just like an anime.
>>
File: 1448606838201 (1).jpg (58 KB, 640x487) Image search: [Google]
1448606838201 (1).jpg
58 KB, 640x487
>>24978614
you live in LA? Is there a FedEx shipping center in your area? FedEx is usually hiring, and has great benefits + $3,000/y tuition reimbursement. It's a great starter career, you can easily climb the ladder of the workplace if you're competent and intelligent. You can be a driver too if you don't want to work in a warehouse.
>>
>>24972667
Hey, OP. The important thing is you tried to do a good thing. You're a good person.
>>
>>24972667
did you found a green mask ?
>>
>>24977542
this sounds like some bullshit from a movie but if it's real then did the right thing op those fuckers tried to rob you and pulled a knife on you you did what you had to
>>
>>24975497
You'll just end up getting stabbed yourself (which I hope happens desu mate). You sound like a real cunt
>>
>>24975497
have fun trying to rob someone with a concealed carry.
>>
>>24977542
You're a good guy man don't worry about it. If he died he died they both wanted to kill you and you let one live even though he didn't deserve it. You did good man.
>>
File: 1447485284223.jpg (77 KB, 1000x1144) Image search: [Google]
1447485284223.jpg
77 KB, 1000x1144
Just got back from the park about half an hour ago. Did my usual weekend thing. Sat in the gazebo where we used to hang out and talk, listening to my mp3 player and working my way through a case of cheap beer.
>>
>>24972667
Someone with emergency service training here. You are an idiot. The first thing you do in any emergency or rescue situation is analyse the danger to yourself. If it is too dangerous for you take safely help the person then don't. Luckily in this instance things worked out but it is no good going to rescue someone to only need rescue yourself. For every story about someone drowning who was saved by someone who jumped in there are an equal number of stories about people who condemn themselves by committing to a rescue without proper preparation. You may think you are trying to do the right thing and I applaud that but in future do not attempt these things yourself especially in dangerous conditions, eg nightime, fast moving water, etc.
>>
>>24979018
I know that feel, only there is only a couple of picnic tables, a trashcan, and a swing set at the park we went to a few times.

I never got intoxicated there, but I would always be thinking that a nice low dose of lsd or 2c-b would be very nice for that moment.
Do you also look at where you came and hope for them to come into view?
>>
>>24979072
We hung out there pretty much every day for 4 or 5 years. I fell in love in that gazebo, and I had my heart broken in that gazebo.
>Do you also look at where you came and hope for them to come into view?
Not really, no. We haven't been on speaking terms for a few years now. I do still miss her, though.
>>
>>24979101
Will we ever be able to move on Anon?
We need to escape from this rut. Escape from her.
>>
What is this night walk meme?

Where I am from you get raped son, right up the motherfucking brown eye baby.
>>
>>24979365
I don't think we'll ever get out. We sinned in a past life, and now we live on just to suffer.
>tfw drinking in that gazebo upsets me so much I get physical chest pains
>tfw I keep doing it because it's better than being numb and empty
>>
>>24978918
he lives in fucking bongland which is sad as fuck
god I dread moving there next year and not being able to defend myself, gonna take up boxing and judo or something
>>
>>24979415
you dont need to unless u live in a nonwhite area, generally the UK has little problems with meth, crack is only inner city, and junkies are too ill to rob you.

Stay away from inner cities at night and you'll be okay.
>>
I don't really nightwalk, but I do run in the early morning when it's still dark outside. Pic is from an area that I run through. Sorry for the potato quality.
>>
>>24979709
As for stories I don't really have any since it's a nicer area that is pretty quiet. I did see a homeless dude with his pants around his ankles once though. He was in someone's garden. Probably fertilizing it.
>>
File: 1440408082300.jpg (539 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1440408082300.jpg
539 KB, 1200x1200
Post night walk/ride songs, familino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfTTeZOrs4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dEVbkDe_bw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VGAu40Eq38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwC5ePDNkp0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1wpfVPN9aM
>>
>>24972667
Who /carhop/ here?

All the fun of night-walking with rewards.
>>
>>24978319
Should have just turned in his direction and walk at a fast pace to look like you are about to fuck his shit up
>>
File: 1448553340226.gif (326 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1448553340226.gif
326 KB, 500x269
>>24979023
What an autist fuck
>>
>>24979782
Jumping on cars?
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 594x851) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 594x851
>live in Turin
>4 am, go downtown
>lie on a bench
>skygaze
>the sky is framed by beautiful 1700s buildings
>I cant see any star but the view is magnificent nonetheless
>>
>>24979761
thanks anon, i'd give you a thorough, compassionate handshake if i ever met you
>>
>>24978564
I keep plastic bags full of snacks, socks, hand warmers, and a card to a mission in my car so I can give them to homeless people. They usually are pretty happy and talk for a bit when I give one to them.
>>
>>24975884
>isn't public intoxication illegal or whatever
>land of the free
>>
I can't really nightwalk in my area.
Drugged up aborigines follow and shout at you, teenagers in groups destroy stuff.

I went to a isolated beach and skinny dipped, did a shit on the sand, had a fap in the water

Me and my mate used to do a lot of urbexing and general mischief.
Been chased by police and even a guy with a machete

Other night I went through a national park at night and just pretended I was in slenderman or something
>>
>Always been a bit of a nightowl and walk around quite a bit at night
>Decide to go to the park at 1:30 an take up jogging a little
>Jog lap of the park an feel good
>Notice this light at the far end of the park dancing around a little
>Figure it's just a guy on a bike or something
>Continue walking the other way to end of park and the light is still there but seems to be following me at a distance
>Get onto the light of the street and just watch it for a few moments before moving off again
>Turn back as I get towards the end of the street and see the light fade away
>Probably a dude on his bike or someone walking their dog, but was pretty spooky
>Park has a name which hints there could have been some sort of mental asylum on the grounds in a past time which only adds to the spooks
>>
>>24979072
>2c-b
a good nightwalking aid, me and one of my friends used to always pop out and take 2c psychs or md while wandering around central london and had some great experiences
>>
>>24978012
OP here, yeah I am delinquent scum. I blame it on all the head injuries, my mother drinking herself to high heaven the whole time she was pregnant with me, and being a social outcast and ending up with the weird druggies who weren't violent thugs.

>>24979023
sometimes safety for myself doesn't cross my mind in situations like that, but ill keep that in mind for the future, to think before I leap.

ive canoed in that part of the river and the current isn't strong really until about 25 feet out, and the run-off pipe was a good 100 yards downstream. having already placed myself in the water i realized I couldn't move fast enough to intercept the "body" at any other point or moment but that one, if I got out of the water and ran down the beach for a safer point of interception it'd probably be too close to the drain flow.
>>
>>24980388
Where're you from?
>>
>>24973241
>carrying paint and weapons
Enjoy your prison.
>>
>>24978709
Underrated
Niggerskinslippers
>>
>>24973472
I'd nightwalk with you.
>>
File: b_132055282997531.jpg (40 KB, 600x422) Image search: [Google]
b_132055282997531.jpg
40 KB, 600x422
>be outside for a nightwalk with my buddy
>nothing interesting, so we decide to walk further the established perimeter
>We reach the frontier of the city
>Huge abandoned building
>we look at each other smiling
>jump the siege
>we see a suspicious man with a cap and looking at us
>we start seeing more and more people who look just like the first
>Adrenaline kicks in
>We look at each other again
>They start running towards us
>We run like hell, jump out of the building and head to civilization
>my face when we hear shots
>mfw it was the ghetto
>mfw we could have died right there
>>
File: Deal_Pier.jpg (315 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Deal_Pier.jpg
315 KB, 1280x960
went for one last night, usually settle down under the pier to smoke a couple cheeky doobs, love living in an isolated fishing town

pretty cushty
>>
>>24983317
'sup Kentbro
>>
>>24983816
alri, where abouts you from?
>>
File: 1439000424282.jpg (448 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1439000424282.jpg
448 KB, 2560x1600
>>24972667
>TFW NO NIGHTWALK FRIEND
this feel is amplified by my fear of the dark
>>
>>24983889
God, I just want a friend to explore the night with who won't get bored of it.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (34 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
34 KB, 460x276
>never feared anyone in the night
>tfw just realized you're one of the psychopaths night walkers fear
>>
>>24972667
>go vandalize property at night because I'm a dumb nigger
>try to "rescue" a mannequin, and almost drown in the process, because I'm a dumb nigger
I wish you would've sank to the bottom of the river, so you wouldn't be alive to act like a nigger some more.
>>
>>24972667
Best season for nightwalks. Not like summer when the fucking normies are out joyriding.
>>
File: 1414968818682.gif (198 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1414968818682.gif
198 KB, 900x900
I don't /nightwalk/

But i was once walking with my dog in the mud along a channel

>dog scared, ready to bark the fuck out
>looks around me while under bridge
>see some light pointing at me sporadically
>then it disapeers
>then it approches me fast
>tfw it was a jogger with a lamp on the head
>>
>>24973100
i nightwalk around an old park and a rec center, totally open field with some bleachers, go get a pepsi at the rec center. comfy as fuck.
>>
>>24972667
>get hungry for sugar
>go out to buy sugar
>its dark, apparently its like 3AM
>whatever, I know a place thats open few blocks down
>walk past group of young men
>they ask me if I support football club X or football club Y
>I say I dont watch football and keep going
>they ask me if I am mocking them
>getting a bit scared here, body language isnt favorable
>I calmly and using short simple words explain I am not interested in sports
>they tell me I should be, because I am a fat faggot, it would do me good
>they keep insulting me while forming a wide circle around me
>start telling me about the neighborhood football club and why I should support it and practice sports
>go into nazi ideology stuff about pure body pure spirit and "you arent a lazy kike are you"
>my phone rings and they appear to lose interest in the "joke" and walk away while I check it
>its my alarm telling me to go to bed already because I knew I'd be awake this late
>go buy my sugar and stay up until noon

That was about 4 years ago. I rarely go out at night, since I rarely go out for any reason other than to drag my ass to work or to buy food.
>>
>>24977496
>tfw have fold-able bike
>start nightwalking
>stop
>start nightbiking

It's great, it's like a mix of both worlds, and i don't have to just push the bike when I walk since I can just fold it and put it in my bag

Helped me get away from some guy that was gonna stab me too
>>
>>24984402
bet you look like a huge twat riding one of those
>>
>>24984483
they do look very gay, so I only use it at night
they're really useful though so it's worth it
>>
>>24984483
not him, but frankly we're robots, we all look like twats
>>
>>24984511
Joke's on you, I just look like a schoolboy half my age.
>>
>>24973731
How could you feel paranoid having a neighborhood watch
I wish I had one so I could take rides con my bike all night long
Fuckin' thieves everywhere here on the third world
>>
I just can't get comfy during nightwalks. I live in southern California where everyone drives a car. I always feel like passing cars are looking at me and walking past red lights is the worst.

And walking at 1am - 4am I feel like passing cars think i'm some kinda weirdo or i'm up to no good. My back starts hurting n shit from slouching. I live in a neighborhood with lots of steep hills and that gets annoying.
>>
>>24984666
not him but I assume it's because they're always watching him and/or because they might think he's up to something
>>
File: IMAG4423.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG4423.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
I live in singapore.
Even when it's crowded, nobody ever bothers me.
When the place is actually empty
Usually i just sing aloud to myself
>>
File: IMAG4269.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG4269.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
>>24984912
Feeling very wordless right now just wanna dump pics tee bee h
>>
File: IMAG4267.jpg (813 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG4267.jpg
813 KB, 1520x2688
>>24984949
It's so bright all our sky ever has is light pollution, i like taking pics just before the sun sets
>>
>>24984912
Sleeping Dogs and cyberpunk stuff made me wanna live in a big asian city so badly, but I think I'm way too used to slow living in the countryside for that.
>>
File: IMAG4037.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG4037.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>24984976
Man i wish i can get laid or something
>>
File: IMAG4001.jpg (656 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG4001.jpg
656 KB, 1520x2688
>>24985006
Every thing looks fancy but everyone is a cynical self-centered materialistic asshole
Also nobody in singapore is ever punctual. Fucking normies aaallwaays late for errrrything
>>
>>24985097
Yeah, that's kinda why I wanna go there. I'm sure the grass is greener, but I like the idea of being just a face in the crowd, anonymity, etc. Small towns are way too personal. Not to mention SHIT infrastructure.
>>
>>24985039
Friend once said to me "if you can't get laid in Tijuana you can't get laid anywhere" i'd imagine Singapore is similar
>>
File: IMAG4094.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG4094.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
>>24985130 #
>being just a face in the crowd,
Easy mode achievable
>anonymity
People here have no actual privacy. Porn is blocked. Everyone indirectly knows each other.

>Small towns are way too personal.
Don't pick singapore, everyone indirectly knows each other and you /must/ be close to family and every relative and their mom keeps in touch and all. Gossip is rife

>Not to mention SHIT infrastructure.
Hahahahha too bad :^)

>>24985166 #
I just want a qt to cuddle and lewd together.......sigh
>>
>>24973472
just came here to call you personally a faggot

thats what you get for trying to be nice asshole
>>
How do you guys deal with the cold at night? I love nightwalks especially with rain and tons of lights with the reflections but when it's cold as balls out I really don't feel like it. I adore the peace nightwalks give you compared to the horrible stress during the day caused by masses of imbeciles pretty much everywhere. Sometimes there's not even a car nor a human in sight, dat pure peace and quiet feels good man.

>carrying around 20 bucks, zippo, pack of marlb reds, fox karambit knife (inb4 use a real knife etc, no.), hand heating cannister if it's kind of cold. no phone because I'm a loner and I don't see the point.

Sadly don't have any stories to share, just the odd black guys that keep to themselves. A hobo that pissed himself and was fast asleep on a stone bench in a half upside down position that's the best I have which is rather pathetic.
>>
>tfw cant nightwalk

It would be like wearing a "MUG ME" sign.
>>
>>24985454
kekd out loud

hahahaaha
>>
>>24984912
I'm soon to be on a flight to Singapore, what should I see or do, Anon?
>>
File: IMAG4004.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG4004.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>24985922
Come see me. I am very very lonely right now
Are you a vidya nerd? Bugis junction basement arcade named virtualand. All the newest japanese machines in english

If you like anime, go to kinokuniya at orchard (ngee ann city) and buy manga in english

For hole-in-wall food hunts all within that same area: liang seah street (i like ah chew and ji de chi).
The 24 hours 'bak chor mee' minced pork noodles store
Or purvis street, chin chin eating house
There's a food place behind bugis+ with great meat and curry rice

Or just go for a walk from one end of either the kallang river or singapore river to the other
>>
File: Snapchat-4086311335922952027.jpg (529 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4086311335922952027.jpg
529 KB, 1080x1920
jesus i suck
[email protected],my offer to show u around is sincere
4am goodnight
>>
What hours are most ideal for night walking?
>>
>>24978336
And you wonder why no one likes you.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
WHY IS IT STILL 50+ DEGREES IN FUCKING DECEMBER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 3656263494_475c90bb1f[1].jpg (205 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
3656263494_475c90bb1f[1].jpg
205 KB, 500x339
>come home late one night
>look up
>so many stars out tonight
>can almost make out the via lactea
>can't look away
>what's so alluring about those tiny dots of light
>i wonder
>ten minutes pass
>break myself away and good to be
>in the morning mom asks what I was looking at for so long
>>
>>24986705
I know, isn't it great?
>>
>>24986705
wisconsin?

original
>>
>tfw want to take a walk
>I'm 99% sure I'll get stabbed

Fucking 3rd world.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
>>24986886
It's too hot.
>>24986899
NY.
>>
>>24976167
>>24976262
stupid enough to get willinly in this kind of adventures and smart enough to come back safe from then...
I like you. You are the kind of bastard that I want to encounter while traveling
>>
>>24987201
*willingly
>>
>>24986567
After sunset And Before Sunrise
>>
>>24987030
Iktfb, upstate? last year I got frostbite. today was t shirt weather
>>
>>24979415
kek.

bong here. I carry a knife (can carry innacity if it's under 3 inches and doesn't lock, if i'm in a rural area I carry large knives and machetes). In the city i wear a large jacket and have a "club". Just a strong piece of oak wood, about a foot and a half long and 2 inches in diameter. good weapon
>>
bump bump bump bump bump

original
>>
File: 1438268224443.jpg (12 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
1438268224443.jpg
12 KB, 318x159
>>24973830
Friendly pharmanon here, Vitamin C for both cold prevention and treatment is a myth sadly. The benefit really borders placebo at best.

>>24972667

You sound like a decent human being on the inside OP. I really wish you luck in life and that you merely caught a minor cold.
Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.