[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the perfect plan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
>get a loan
>buy a house
>rent out said house
>use rent to pay back loan
>repeat
>now own multiple houses giving me many free bux
>can be a rich NEET
what flaws are there in my plan?
>>
>>24972395
you gotta pay for the maintenance of the houses
>>
>>24972395
>til landlords are NEETs
>>
>>24972395
sounds like a good idea, but then again i'n a retard.
Let's wait for someone smart to show up.
Bump
>>
>>24972395
>what flaws are there in my plan?
1. Getting a loan to purchase the house as a NEET.
2. Getting money to put up as the down payment and closing.
3. Keeping your house occupied with tenants for the full 15-30 years of your mortgage.
4. Getting tenants who won't destroy your house.
5. Dealing with tenants and their problems.
6. Paying for house insurance (as a renter, not just a homeowner), property taxes, HOA fees and property upkeep, in addition to your mortgage.
>>
>>24972395

So where are you going to live?

Also - property taxes, leasing permits, landlord contracts, maintaining the property, etc. all those fees will cut into costs

Also if you get a loan you're not going to be owning any houses for a while - if you charge just barely more than mortgage per month for rent you're looking at 20-30 years before you own it outright.

Assuming you can get a mortgage - how does a NEET like you build credit?

>>24972432
Actually yes. A lot of slum lords and landlords I know are basically NEET since their income comes from their properties.
>>
>>24972555
live in family home obv
>>
It's a viable plan, but you have to calculate your expenses super carefully, and pick your properties well. You have to charge a rent that's reasonable for the location and expected clientele, and make sure that it's enough to cover the interest on the loan AND upkeep and tax on the property. A few bad tenants in a row and you could be in over your head. You might also have to do renovations to make a property viable to rent out; it depends on whether you're buying a pristine recent construction, which might be too expensive to recover on in a reasonable time frame, or trying to save bucks initially with a fixer-upper. Lots of shit to consider.
>>
>>24972395
>what flaws are there in my plan?

Getting a loan without an income.

Basically, you're a moron.
>>
>>24972645
who said i wouldn't have an income to start with?
>>
Baaaaad idea

Eventually you're gonna come across the asshole who doesn't want to pay rent, damages property, etc.

Leaving you in debt and paying more money to repair the damages

Let's move on and say this doesn't happen though
Managing multiple houses at the same time is as hard as managing multiple game files at the same time, eventually you're gonna trip up and fuck something up

But let's assume that doesn't happen either
Renting out houses is not a "self employed job"
To rent out houses, you need to register yourself as a Certified Real Estate Agent
If you don't have the actual papers stating you can rent homes then you can get jail time, adding to it the homes need to be registered and approved by a, for the life of me right now I can't remember why a they're called so let's just call them, Home Critics, similar to how restaurants need to be A-OK'd by Health Critics

Moving on, saying you got all this paperwork and waiting done, this could take months btw.
You now have to give a chunk of what you earn each month to your officials
If you're not working for an actual Real Estate company then you'll need to be linked to some sort of government official, to whom you give said junk of money
All in all though, getting option 2 is much harder then option 1, of course gouge working for a RE company sure wouldn't be the NEET life

Now after all that, it's time for BILLS.
You may be thinking "so I've just gotta pay mine, big whoop"
You do, after you've done ~PAAAAAAPERWORK
Yes, paperwork is needed to be done in order to get the Tenant's name placed in charge of the bills, if you don't then each month you'll be bouncing around busy collecting the money from the tenants then paying the bills
Now assuming you're okay with ALL this, then enjoy the somewhat nice life of a Real Estate Agent, and life off your days as a "Rich NEET"
>>
>>24972674
So you're not a NEET right now? What do you do?
>>
>>24972807
landscaping
>>
>>24972814
You make good money doing that? Have anything saved up?

You'll likely need at least $20k up front for a downpayment and closing costs.
>>
if u dont know how to fix or repair this will not work. another option is buying houses and renting them out to the goverment as section 8 housing, they take care of all damages and everything and pay you.... problem is.... it will devalue your house and possible area ... lots of paperwork aswell
>>
>>24972865
33k nz per year full time. If i stay with family i can have no living costs and save up
>>
The Truly Perfect Plan:
>take out loan(s)
>invest in stocks
>find some way to pay off the loan(s)
>wait...
>wait...
>wait...
>get back like at least 2 times what you invested
>repeat
>profit
>>
>>24972883
fixing and repairing is ez mode. had very practical parents
>>
>>24972922
but the risk tho
>>
>>24972971
It's like the lottery
Risk is high but payout is higher
>>
>>24972992
the whole point is to get income that gives me freedom to do what i want. massive debt from a failed investment will stop that
>>
>>24972902
Why not just save up and not get fucked with a loan
>>
>>24973040
because houses in NZ cost 400k. and i don,t want to be a wageslave living with my parents for 15 years
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.