[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey r9k. What's the comfiest job out there? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: comfy.png (803 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
803 KB, 1100x700
Hey r9k. What's the comfiest job out there? I don't wanna be a NEET but I don't know what to do with my life.
I like working with computers a lot, I'm a quick learner, I have experience with many programs in different fields.
>>
do data entry or management from home. that's what I do.

>paid salary for 20 hours a week, but I type 100 wpm so I end up only working like 3-4 hours a week
>work in pajamas, or naked
>don't have to associate with other people
>can shitpost on 4chan while working
>>
No idea. I hear programming is pretty indoors/antisocial. I'm a sysadmin and I'll let you know that it's pretty social. Not to mention that some lesser computer jobs (help desk) are hell.
>>
>>24972128
how do you get jobs like this
>>
The thread about the corpse burner was pretty good. That sounds like quite a comfy job and a sure in if you ever go to the goth club.
>>
My plan is to get a white-collar job where I can stay in a cubicle reading or shitposting on 4chan for 4 hours after doing actual work for 2 hours. All that while I grind AFK skills in an obscure pre-2007 Runescape private server.
>>
Sounds like you need a government job. Apply to everything/anything: civil, state, and federal. From what I've been told, it's life on cruise control with a nice pension plan too.

Go for low level shit, and work your way into a better paying gig.

That's my advice anyway.
>>
File: smugwojak.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>24972092
police officer in nypd, this is my dream
>>
>>24972194
programmer here
it can be pretty antisocial for long stretches, but it's usually sprinkled in with a lot of bullshit like update meetings and phone meetings with customers

not to mention that sometimes, your boss will just pop in and start a fucking 20 minute conversation with you that will eventually add up to "keep doing that job we're paying you for"
>>
>>24972316

know somebody who does it, have them get you a job
>>
>>24973102
Being a cop is NOT a cushy job what the fuck
>>
After being a call center agent for a year, I realized sitting in a desk for 8 hours is fucking hellish to me, but I really don't want to be broke.

How does one go about picking up a trade at 21? Electrician sounds alright, based on what I've heard.
>>
Nothing that you'll have the required education, experience, references or networking for.
>>
File: 1435278749957.jpg (7 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1435278749957.jpg
7 KB, 240x232
>>24973177
I'm thinking of singning up for the army because im really /dumb/, and its hard to hold a shitty job
>>
I'm a crooked preacher at a babtist church down south. Make a lot of money to read the bible to people. It's comfy af and I'm a respected member of the community, you get to take a chunk of that sweet donation money every sunday too. I personally spend it on vodka or some weed.
>>
>>24973001
Gov't jobs vary with benefits and pensions and all that now, but cruise control is true. It's damn near impossible to get fired.

And you can't really work your way up, it's nepotism central.
>>
>>24973249
the part about buying vodka and weed sounds comfy t'bh
>>
>>24973249
Do you bang anyone from the congregation?
>>
>>24973249
Sounds comfy but I'd be worried about someone finding out
>>
>>24973177
NYPD earns a LOT
>>
>>24972502
Just hope you aren't in an open plan office. It's totally shite
>>
>>24973351
Can attest it's hard to get fired. We had a total dropkick in my team who'd take 3 hour lunches on the reg and it took two years to fire the idiot. He got hired on the same day as me and according to the stats he'd done 1/10th of the work I had (not counting any of the project stuff I'd done)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.