[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /osrs/ here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
Anyone here play old school runescape? The nostalgia keeps me going.
>>
File: 4chantimeline.png (992 KB, 2780x1524) Image search: [Google]
4chantimeline.png
992 KB, 2780x1524
>>24972063
Right here my niggle, add me on skype zminer365 if you want to play some yung RS
>>
>>24972220
Tomorrow we shall play my friend
>>
i've never played runescape, but I have played runequest. It was... well... pretty detailed. Battles took for goddamn ever.
>>
>5.99 a bond
>bond lasts 14 days
Dropped.
>>
>tfw banned from runescape
>>
Is it worth playing if I don't want to buy membership? I did f2p when I played for years as a kid too.
>>
>>24973588
They have a thing called darkscape now where you can play free, even the members content. I can't remember what they called the old school version of this.

The catch is that it's world PvP.
>>
>>24973822
>world PvP

so literally hardcore mode for runescape. mite b cool.

How many people play it?
>>
>>24973869
It's still pretty new, you'll find once you log into a server safe havens are packed usually.
>>
Just got all the pre reqs for DT done. Going to complete tommorow :D
>>
>>24973914
Sweet.

What era of RS is it based off of? If it's grand exchange of after I'm going to nope and leave.
>>
>>24973953
Oh god, I just read the faq.

>current RS devs
>all content from up to 2015
>grand exchange
>dungeoneering

I guess I should have known a populated 2006-era private server with world combat was too good to be true.
>>
>>24974035
They have it for osrs as well
https://www.runescape.com/oldschool/deadman
>>
File: oh god.jpg (2 KB, 125x81) Image search: [Google]
oh god.jpg
2 KB, 125x81
>>24974085
holy jesus, that's fucking hardcore

just one question: how far back in time does that go?
>>
>>24974249
It's 07 with a grand exchange, so take that as you will..
>>
File: the fug.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
the fug.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>24974342
The GE was one of the most hated updates, if not THE most hated update in the game.

Why do they insist on keeping it even in their "old school" version?
>>
File: 1448616486245.jpg (158 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1448616486245.jpg
158 KB, 720x960
>>24974373
The community voted on it, unfortunately. All the major updates have to be voted on by the community. They really fucked that one up.
>>
>>24974406
>community approved it

Only little kids who joined after the GE would actually think it's a good idea. This might mean that there are tardlets to scam and/or troll.

I guess I'll give it ago.
>>
>>24974581
Yeah I love spamming SELLING RAW LOBS 220 EA ~~~ XXSPARTANSLAYER420XX
>>
>>24974581
>need members account to play deadman

the fuck, man
>>
>>24974735
>fuck it, start to sign up
>membership is $10/month

...... goddamn I miss the old days
>>
I quit this trash when they nerfed NMZ to pander to reddit

Why should I have to re-level when I was actually max melee in 2007?
>>
I'm going to throw this private server out there for anyone interested. They even have an android apk going.

http://www.rscrevolution.com/
>>
Can I post here if I play Runescape 3?
>tfw a few million xp away from 120 Constitution
>>
>>24974735

Deadman is actually shit, honestly. Classic wildy pking will always be the master race.
>>
>old school
>has the grand exchange

nope. Not playing. Fuck that shit, the GE was one of the nails in that games coffin.
>>
>>24975128
>removed the need to stand around buying/selling shit in the hopes you found someone on your world selling/buying at the same time
>price set by players
>made trading so much simpler
The fuck's the problem with the GE
>>
>>24973555
I know that feel. I gave my level 80-something account to my friend and he got it perma-banned for using macros. I was planning on going back once he quit.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.