[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I CANT STOP DRINKING. I cant stop this is the third night in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1449328579784.gif (2 MB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
1449328579784.gif
2 MB, 696x478
I CANT STOP DRINKING. I cant stop

this is the third night in a row Ive gotten drunk. Or I dont even know if IM drunk. But man its the only thing that keeps me going. At least its only beer and not hard stuff so its ok still right? feel with me anons
>>
Do't continue with this.

Its better to binge on a tub of ice cream then it is to drink. Throw all of it out and buy something yummy and don't go back.
>>
>>24971671

Try to stop while you can op

I've been down that road and it's a nightmare
>>
File: Rabaul.jpg (106 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
Rabaul.jpg
106 KB, 500x334
>>24971671
>At least its only beer and not hard stuff so its ok still right?
no, if anything Beer can be worse because you tend to drink more and it makes you fat.

I struggled with drinking for a couple years and all I can say is quit while it is still easy. Addictions never seem like a big problem until its already too late, it sneaks up on you and then you're fucked.

>But man its the only thing that keeps me going.
That is a huge red flag, drinking is fine for relaxing or making yourself a little more social, but doing it to cope with depression or anxiety is a recipe for a very bad time down the road.
>>
Not what you want to hear, but you're probably have to give up all intoxicating substances for life. If you're a chronic relapser, I can guarantee you with 99% certainty that you will never be able to use/drink on weekends. Sober life is miserable, but at least I don't have to worry about going to jail.
>>
>>24971925
>That is a huge red flag, drinking is fine for relaxing or making yourself a little more social, but doing it to cope with depression or anxiety is a recipe for a very bad time down the road.
Not OP, but that is literally me.
Spending most of my time drinking to deal with how shit I feel.

Going to try move on to weed though, since alcohol is shit-tier, and it makes the times without alcohol even worse than they were before.
>>
>>24972035
>Going to try move on to weed though, since alcohol is shit-tier, and it makes the times without alcohol even worse than they were before.

If you have a problem with alcohol you will probably have one with weed. At least it isn't going to kill you as fast (especially if you vaporize or make edibles).

Its the lesser of two evils but it can still end up being an evil if you are the easily addicted type.
>>
File: earth rocker.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
earth rocker.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>mfw downed three full handles of hard liquor all by myself
>just this weekend

I live for this shit. I love it. Bring it the fuck on
>>
>>24971671
Dont listen to all those retards you are not taking heroin, its just something to make you relax. its not like you drink doing the day. even when you start on harder (better) booze it wont really matter it just mean that your tolerance has increased so you have to increase your doses this is completely normal.
>>
>>24972135
I would be taking it less than the alcohol because it would be kinda awkward for me to get here.
The experience would probably be a lot better than alcohol too, tbqh.

I've considered going to a psychiatrist, but with my level of social anxiety and lack of motivation, I doubt that I would be able to do it.

At this point, it's the best substitute I can think of.
>>
Alcohol is shit unless i have an 8 ball and going to the club. I don't see how people drink alone
>>
>>24971671
i've been drinking for the past 5 years, you sound like a fucking faggot pansy, stop attention whoring on a website for Chinese cartoons
>>
>>24971671
i have been on/off drinking for the last 3 years get the fuck over it, it doesnt take much to get out of your "addiction". and honestly only weak minded people get stuck in addiction.
>>
>>24972272
All I can say is I have been in your exact situation and I don't recommend substance abuse, it's a short term band-aid at best. Healthier (albeit not as fun) activities can fill the same hole with a little work. (exercise, art, pretty much any hobby that requires focus)
>>
>>24971671
OP, listen for just a second because i'm not a troll. if you're being serious, you posted here for a reason. don't do what you know will harm you. life is supposed to be painful, but pain is nothing compared to regret. i'm sure you know that already, so listen to the better side of yourself and don't develop a habit.
>>
>>24971671
I have been drinking every night for 7 months. I am now fully dead inside
>>
Alcoholism is a meme. I've been drinking daily for 3 years now and it's just normal. I usually try to get a little half bottle of wild turkey or something if I"m out traveling or visiting family, but there been a couple times this year I didn't drink for two, or even 3 days in a row. All that happened was I wanted a drink and had trouble sleeping. Looks like my fmaily was full of shit when they were flipping the fuck out because some jackass posted a picture of me chugging the worlds babyest beer bottle on facebook. I thought it was funny they made a teensy little 6 or 8 oz bottle. My family was asking me if I'm ok and seriously suggesting rehab. I told them to fuck themselves and that I"m on the fucking president's list at uni. I think I have my shit under control. I also tried weed and meth. Weed is pretty much the worst drug in the whole wide world and pretending to like it is a meme for some stupid reason. Meth was ok but they gave me way too high a dose. I prefer vyvanse out of all stimulants, nothing even comes close to it. Adderall is an acceptable substitute though. Since graduating I haven't really used stimulants. I don't see them as recreational. I take drugs to feel good. I don't want to feel bad so why would I use weed or stims?
>>
>>24972417
I have thought about hobbies, but since I've lost all my motivation, thinking about them is as far as I'll ever get.
I've tried to change my mindset, but everything is still the same.
Changing my mindset doesn't change my situation, and after a while, the mindset change seems forced and fake.

I really need something good to happen to me, so I can get some motivation, but I can't see that happening at all.
>>
>>24972301

I don't understand how alcohol could be fun in a club setting. Alcohol is pretty much made to be done alone, or at most with 2 or 3 other guys.
>>
>this is the third night in a row Ive gotten drunk.

lol you over dramatic faggot. I've drunk every night the equivalent of at least 12 beers for the past 2 years, and that's just nightly use, long period of heavy drinking but not every night before that. and that's on top of raging morphine/oxy addiction.

go to aa, listen to the stories. at this point you're drinking like a typical enlishman, there's nothing wrong with you 3 nights isn't even a bender

fucking kids these days, everything is so medicalized and pathalogized. I got 4 dui;s been on house arres and spent 4 month in the equivalent of 'county' and I even then I don't consider myself a serious alcoholic

go to aa. listen to a real alcoholic speak

also, harden the fuck up alexander the great drank every single day of his miserable fucking life
>>
>>24972253
lol most cringey washout clip I've ever seen bam is such a fucking loser
>>
>>24971671
>this is the third night in a row Ive gotten drunk
I assume you're trolling but I got drunk every day for over 10 years then quit cold turkey a few months ago. You are a faggot.
>>
Meh you will be fine. After a few years of the same behavior you can finally start to feel a bit worried. I spent a few years on drinking till I passed out every night and was good after about a week sober. Eventually I came back after about a month but that's beside the fact.
>>
I need to drink so I can relax.
I need to drink to sleep.
I woke up drunk, shit I have to go to work drunk.
I'll drink at work. Drunk at work anyway.
I'll drive to the store. Need dranks.
I can drive where I want drunk. Do all the time.
>>
>>24972649
I genuinely wonder why he felt the need to make it. What is to be gained from just outright outing yourself as a loser? It's not like it's part of some documentary about himself or anything.
>>
>>24972565
Changing your mindset always seems fake, the only way to do it is by changing your actions, the mindset will follow. When you see the result of your actions it allows you to adjust your mindset based on evidence instead of theoretical speculations. Change your habits anon, start doing things toward a life you can be happy with, whatever that is you will thank yourself.
>>
Hommie ive bern on a three month bender since my relapse. Quit while you still can, this shit aint something to fuck around with.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.