[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does my family love me? I'm a 20 year old NEET with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 24BJ1W9.jpg (1006 KB, 1000x1311) Image search: [Google]
24BJ1W9.jpg
1006 KB, 1000x1311
Why does my family love me?

I'm a 20 year old NEET with Asperger's syndrome. Thanks to disability benefits and social security, I currently live alone in my own apartment.

I cannot connect to my parents or sister. They don't mean anything to me, and I never do things for them or contact them.

Yet they love me regardless. Just yesterday my mom came by with pancakes, which were offered to me while my sister was playing Mario Maker on my Wii U. They asked for hugs when they left.

My parents have always been loving and supportive, and have never had issues such as cheating, domestic violence or wishes for divorce. My upbringing was good.

I have every reason to love them, but I don't.
They have every reason not to love me, but they do anyway.

Why?
>>
Non autists feel compelled to care about one another.
>>
>>24971129
Because you're not an empathetic person, and being as self centered as you are, you already view what they do for you as some kind of requirement.
>>
How fat u senpai? Bee honest.
>>
>>24971272
>view what they do for you as some kind of requirement.
I don't understand.

I don't want them to do anything for me. I just want to be left alone.
>>
>>24971272
>some kind of requirement
It sounds like he's just confused as to why they even bother since he feels this way.
>>
would I be right in assuming that you've never flat out told them how little of a shit you give about them?
if that is true, they just believe that since you've always been distant, that's just your way and that you do actually care about them under your cold exterior

they haven't stopped doing things or caring about you because you've never done anything to make them think otherwise
the absence of warmth and affection is not the same as actively telling them all to go fuck themselves and that you feel absolutely nothing for them
>>
What your describing is how normal people behave (or at least should behave).

Because of your disease, your entire emotional range is dead and so you'll never really understand why. It's like describing colors to the blind, a useless task.

And, unless you do something to actively drive them away, they will continue to assume that you have some emotion for them but you're just incapable of expressing it, like someone in a coma or something.

DESU, you don't deserve them.
>>
>>24971129
I struggle with the same issue and I also have Asperger's syndrome, tho I'm not as bad off as you I love my family, and very close friends, but in general I don't give a fuck about most people, just to not be in outcast in high school I learned how to fake my feelings very well so I didn't seem like an emotionless robot or a sociopath, its jsut how it is for me, maybe its related maybe its something different but I don't feel compelled to give a shit about other people, probably the only person I can say I truly love is my mother and father, thats it, not my siblings, or friends, I care about them sure, but I can see my life without them, can't say the same about my parents especially my mom.
>>
>>24973034
man looking at my post I worded that shitty
>>
Why doesn't my family love me? I've taken care of myself ever since finishing school and never ask them for anything.
>>
>>24973235
Because they can't control you and resent you for being better than them.
>>
>>24971272

Or he just has very low self esteem and is afraid of judgment. Maybe you're the one without empathy senpai
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.