[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do all the conservatives want the fucking 20s to came back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: images (1).jpg (3 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
3 KB, 229x220
Why do all the conservatives want the fucking 20s to came back and how come all the liberals want to abandon all time and go to the year 6969 where every eats dicks. Why can't we just have the 80s back where there the most SJW "Opinion" was something reasonable like not getting drafted, and actual SJWs opinions where hated on but your average guy wasn't /pol/ tier
>>
File: fuckumean.jpg (5 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
fuckumean.jpg
5 KB, 200x193
>Both sides are wrong
>I'm so smart I pick the MIDDLE of the road, which is obviously right!

fucking hipster opinions
>>
Why do so many people on /r9k/ have such a hard-on for old-timey family values? Most of this board is 18-22.
>>
>>24969969
did south park hurt your feelings
>>
>>24969933
Because people suck at finding a balance. They get disgusted with the current extreme, then they go to the polar opposite extreme.
>>
I blame the Internet.
It allows instant communication and people often gravitate to echo chambers where opinions become more and more extreme, Counter movements pop up and have vicious arguments that create a cycle of retaliation until you have two extremely polarized views.
Then you have the opportunists who tap into this emotionally charged well in profit making schemes and political groups who try to harness the energy
The problem is people invest so much emotional energy they become too invested to admit they ever could have been wrong, cognitive dissonance.
>>
File: iiidddd.jpg (69 KB, 668x300) Image search: [Google]
iiidddd.jpg
69 KB, 668x300
>>24970074

>he thinks I watch that pleb shit

You're not smart for picking neither side. The "middle" isn't inherently any better . Any position can be considered extreme. So regardless of your position, you're an extremist to someone. Pick a side based on Arguments made, not what you believe is the relative extremity.

Think about this. As times change, what is considered "moderate" will change. Will your opinion change based on the overall political climate? As the right shifts right you will need to change your position so it remains firmly in the middle. If you change your opinion solely on the opinions of others, you're basically a pleb without a single thought in your brain.
>>
>>24970049
It's a reactionary response to SJWs
>>
>>24970049
They feel like they don't fit into current society, so they blame it on the change in values. The fact of the matter is people who are failures now would be even more so then, in fact there wasn't anywhere to go if you were rejected and the lack of mental health treatment was astonishing. Its far easier to blame ones failures on society than it is to blame it on yourself.

Society in the 40's was actually shitty. Women were in actual need of feminism, and the societal pressure to not divorce kept horrible toxic relationships afloat. All mental health problems were treated like personal weaknesses, and being an alcoholic was considered acceptable. Men didn't express their feelings, and as such were often repressed and mean to their kids in a manner that was pawned off as discipline. The "power of the father figure" was mostly used by plebians to force people to take their abuse. People were dumber iq wise (proven by Flynn), and education was even worse.
>>
>>24970349
>Its far easier to blame ones failures on society than it is to blame it on yourself.

Nice meme tripfag retard.

Having a functional family would help a lot of robots. Especially those of us who are alone. It's much harder to be an antisocial loner when you're brought up in a big family with a big network. Unfortunately many of our parents' fell for the "have 2 kids" meme or got divorced or worse.

In fact being an alcoholic was seen as so unacceptable that it was fucking criminalized for over a decade. But please tell me more leftist propaganda about how terrible the past was.
>>
>>24969969
>centrists arent the true master race
>Impyling
>>24970049
cause we never got to experience what a stable family was like
>>
>>24970502
Stable? Stable isn't being forced to stay together. More people had mothers and fathers who were forced to live in the same household because divorce was stigmatized. You think people magically got along better?
>>
>>24970049
Think they believe they would be able to more easily get a gf if they lived in a more traditional conservative society where family and community arranged marriages and women didn't have as much freedom to choose their own mates. Though a more traditional society would also expect them to provide completely for said waifu and the inevitable kids which I doubt they'd be up to the task since it'd mean they couldn't play video games 6 hours a night anymore.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.