[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TIPS ON SURVIVING AS A HOMELESS PERSON?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: homeless2-news.jpg (444 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
homeless2-news.jpg
444 KB, 1000x750
Anyone on /r9k/ ever been homeless? If so, what are some tips you'd give someone on surviving as a homeless person?

I should probably point out that I'm not homeless, I'm just curious about what different tactics I should apply if such a thing was to ever happen.
>>
>>24969589

Avoid fighting. Injuries affect your well-being a lot more when you are homeless.
>>
-socks
-baby wipes and tissues
-sleep with bag strapped to you so nobody steals
-can opener
-find a local homeless shelter fucking hell accept donations and shit
>>
Pls don't make me open old wounds Op.
>>
Get fat as shit
>>
>>24969589
Go to walmart deli and order whatever and walk around while you finish it and leave. I'm not even homeless but I use to do this a lot in high school.
>>
Gym membership allows you to shower regularly for a small fee.

It's weird, I like to study what would happen if I became homeless. Sometimes, I think subconsciously, that I truly want that kind of life.
>>
>>24969589
Never been homeless but I work at a charity that helps them and I have met and talked to many over the years.

>don't get addicted to anything
>don't hang around the addicts
>research all of the free resources in your city for homeless or hard up people (charities,food banks, churches, shelters that give out clothing, etc)
>always have a layer of insulation between you and the ground
>a tarp or some covering to keep you dry is your best friend
>ask for advice from other homeless people (ideally non-addicts and older people)\
>network with other homeless, knowing people will get you help when things get rough
>know your city very well, know places to shit and piss for free, know sources of clean water, food, dumpsters where stores throw out extra food, places where police patrol, etc
>try to obtain a quality multitool
>think about a way to make some money (collecting cans, scrap metal, etc)
>>
>>24972304
There's also a series of youtube vids that explain in detail how to survive when you're homeless. It looks like that guy's the real deal. I think his username is "adultchild001" or something like that
>>
Jimmy John's throws day-old bread in a separate (clean) bag in the dumpster. At least, they do around here. Good luck OP
>>
>>24969794
I think it's the opposite of what you say
>>
File: wj pp wealth gap.jpg (488 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
wj pp wealth gap.jpg
488 KB, 900x600
>>24969589
say goodbye to mummy's tendies and hand-prepared freshly-baked Subway sandwiches
>>
>a hatchet for chopping up big firewood, a knife for daily chores. Buy a camper's knife with the bottle and can openers that fold right into it. Going innawoods isn't always the worst option so be prepared skill-wise. Learn how to set up basic traps to catch squirrels etc.

>when it's cold out, the ground is a greater threat than the air. If you have only one blanket, use it as a mattress, not a blanket.

>you can go weeks without food. It's water which is important. Secure a steady source. If you're drinking from natural sources (ponds, lakes, rivers...) always drink where the water moves fastest. Stagnant water promotes microorganic growth and can give you some nasty infections.

>If you care about hygiene, get the cheapest gym membership you can find, and use their showers anytime you like.

>make deals with some local storeowners...they throw you some bread at the end of the day, you guard their parking lot against non-customers. Something like that.
>>
interesting thread

bump
>>
>>24969589
simple as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmav517MQJc
>>
>>24969589

I'm that homeless guy from atlanta who always posts homeless threads. Basically just avoid sketchballs, budget your money, get a shitty job, and with your first paycheck you can buy a tent and a sleeping bag for shelter. After that just save up until you can afford an apartment. Shower in bathrooms or use people's hoses in the middle of the nigh, do laundry at the laundromat, and stay clean shaven (if you want to change your situation) also if you ever end up homeless, get an EBT card. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need an address to get it. You'll get around 200 bucks a month for food.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.