[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yugioh thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
No Arc-V, Pendulum, or Xyz fags allowed

Pendulum and xyz ruined yugioh and are the reason Blue eyes Ultimate dragon will never be viable again.
>>
>>24967689
So you're a shitter who refuses to adapt and only wants to play with your awful nostalgia cards. BEWD was shit long before even the Synchro era because you're trading 9000 ATK and a spell for some garbage monster that you'll lose next turn.

I wish more of you would isolate yourself here and stay away from /dng/
>>
>>24968001
Nice shit taste there. Yugioh was better when it was about fun card games and not math problems
>>
>>24967689
Blue eyes ultimate dragon was literally never playable or even close to it.
>>
>>24968048
You literally would have to sacrifice six monsters to polymerize that thing, I can't even think of a decent way to summon him. Why on earth do you think he's viable? Why did you ever? You didn't play with four friends and never learned the rules, did you? Anon?
>>
>>24968198
You fuse from your hand

also future fusion or dragons mirror
>>
>>24968048
What math problems? It's still fun. You just don't find it fun because you won't let go of some shitty 13 year old card that was never good to begin with.
>>
File: 4277645.png (161 KB, 428x318) Image search: [Google]
4277645.png
161 KB, 428x318
>>24968048
>first person to get summoned skull wins
>fun
>>
>>24968265
>magic and trap cards don't exist
>>
File: Picture 3.jpg (446 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Picture 3.jpg
446 KB, 1920x1080
Anybody else a nostalgia faggot? Just some of my favorite cards I still have. Used to be huge into yugioh. All originals here, no reprints. Some 1st edition some not, the Summoned Skull and B Skull Dragon is from the tin.
>>
>>24968198
I can't remember shit about this, but when I used to play the YGO video games, there was some low level card that let you drop a load of LP to summon a fusion monster.
can't remember what it was for the life of me.
>>
>>24968442
It was cyber stein. It's a card that should still be legal
>>
>>24968048
>fun card games and not math problems
Have you played a TCG in your life, ever?
>>
>>24968442
Cyberstein. It was shit; at least back then, you can fusion summon right from your hand if you had all the ingredients in your hand.
>>
>>24967689
fuck jew

Very original
>>
>>24968232
And a trap hole gets popped and your fucked.
>>
File: pimping.jpg (2 MB, 2980x1677) Image search: [Google]
pimping.jpg
2 MB, 2980x1677
>>24968001
>>24968198

look at this underage faggot thinking you have to summon all three blue eyes to fusion summon. just like Azn Eyes Slaydra (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFbyglumH-E) a skinny teenaged twink faggot who doesn't even know how the game actually works.

It makes me cringe that you have cocky underaged fanboys who come in here screaming "lol that was never a good card xDDD learn to adapt the game changes xDD" who embarass themselves by not even knowing you can fusion summon from the hand.

>>24968120
What's a Cyber-Stein? What's a Goddess With The Third Eye? underaged faggot.

>>24968265
all the kids who want to pretend they know what they're talking about use the "lol summoned skull beatdowns xDD" excuse.

This is what the game used to be like. It will NEVER be this simple and fun again.
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/dracolight/
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/dracolight/YGO/postban/shinato.html

>>24968501
thats not how cyber stein works you retard fucking kid.
>>
>>24968649
>mfw you didn't even understand my post
Cyberstein works as it works. And it's pointless because you can fusion summon from your hand.
>>
>>24968496
>>24968501
that's the one. I remember getting a kick out of using that in worldwide edition.
>sac 5k LP
>lmao blue eyes ultimate
>low likelihood of any actual risk incurred from doing that
I'm sure that you can't get away with something like that nowadays. don't know much about YGO anymore, but I imagine a risk like that is easily punished.
>>
>>24968700
cyber stein isn't pointless and was never pointless, thats why it was banned retarded pretentious kid.

What's easier? drawing 2-3 blue eyes/fusion sub or using a cyber stein to pull it out in one turn, while having cards like Megamorph, Twin Swords Tryce and Fairy Meteor Crush to end it right there? If you don't even know about cyber stein or how it works you're a kid or a chump who picked up the game last week.
>>
>>24967689
>Pendulum and xyz ruined yugioh

You forgot synchrofags
>>
>>24968820
Synchros are just ritual cards with a white background
>>
>>24968399
clip your nails faggot and get good at yugioh
>>
>playing children's card games
get with the times you faggots, play children's video games
>>
>>24968837
>>24968820
Synchros are tolerable on their own, but they opened the door to shit like xyz and pendulum
>>
>>24968862
>clip your nails
>you see my thumbnail
>you don't know that I played yugioh from Blue Eyes to Invasion
You are shit lmao. I bet you've bought packs beyond Flaming eternity.
>>
>>24968820
not even. I'd wager the game peaked with Invasion Of Chaos and went downhill from there. Not a sudden drop, but a gradual decline. Early GX wasn't TOO bad but the increased level of strategy introduced by the initial structure decks (Fury From The Deep etc) started to get complicated and Power Creep began to set in.
>>
>>24968649
How much money is in that picture?
The cards are probably worth $50 all together.
>>
>>24968923
That's the legendary decks box. It's 30 dollars.
>>
File: IMG_20151116_011023_777-1.jpg (752 KB, 2878x1737) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151116_011023_777-1.jpg
752 KB, 2878x1737
>>24968923
>>24968990
I was also told that the Legendary box had more valuable cards in it than it was worth.

I heard you can get a few bucks for even some common cards like Mirror Force, and that Exodia was $30 for the set alone

Don't know how to sell them all though, thought about selling them to kids but apparently vending without a license is illegal, and I can't go to game shops cause I'll get kicked out.
>>
>>24969136
I'd prefer to keep mine. I like having two sets of Exodia
>>
>>24969136

This always irks me. The price of cards is not the same across all printings. The original LOB Exodia pieces are probably worth that much but brand new reprints that anyone can get, guaranteed, by purchasing a set that is widely available are not.

Vending at game shops is a tricky business but people do it all the time. Just be sly about it. I can give you some tips if you're interested.

I think Xyzs are incredibly well designed but the Zexal era pretty much ruined this game.

My friends and I play by our own set of rules and said goodbye to the metagame quite some time ago.
>>
Imo the current meta is the most skillful of any thus far, as the top decks for the most part have insane amount of combos and possibilities.

Old school yugioh was much more linear.

also I love going to a card shop because all the neckbeards make me look like a chad in comparison
>>
File: 1435650003689.jpg (236 KB, 540x760) Image search: [Google]
1435650003689.jpg
236 KB, 540x760
how do i get into yugioh?
i have some really old cards , but i dont think any of them are very good. i dont know where to go to learn about the game/decks/etc
>>
>>24969458
Watch the first season of the show :^)
>>
http://www.amazon.com/King-Games-Yugis-Legendary-Decks/dp/B0129R7XU6
Is this the legend box? Do I buy it?
>>
>>24969458
buy 3 master of pendulums

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01807W1JW/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687602&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00WKFTK6I&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0HHGWDYAZXXRWSTKAS4E

pretty much cancer deck but cheapest way to get competitive
>>
>>24969458
Wasn't the ancient mew card complete shit in competitive?
>>
>>24969458
Get ready to pay out the ass to build a viable deck
Then try to find a place that still has Yugioh tournaments and spend a bunch of time with smelly people
>>
>>24969560
Yes and obviously yes
>>
>>24969614
i dont even think it was legal
>>
>>24969458

Your local comic shop (if you have one) probably has a small group that meets once or twice a week. If you just ask the people at the counter if anyone at the store plays they'll tell you.

Also make a good relationship with the people that work there and if you're going to buy boosters and etc. buy from there instead of Wal Mart. When you spend money at their store the store owners tend to like you a lot better.

While you're there, get some deck boxes and some nice sleeves. Don't fall for meme sleeves with anime characters and edgy shit on them. Get dragon shields if you have the cash for it or get Ultra Pro brand Pro-Mattes, they're comparable quality for less money. Remember that Yugioh cards are smaller than MTG, so sleeves marked "standard" size are for MTG and "small" are for Yugioh.

Don't worry about being a newfag. People will cut you slack if your deck is bad if you're new and will possibly even give you free shit. Don't enter a tournament until you've played the game a while and learned the mechanics. Depending on your local scene, you probably won't win a tournament unless you dedicate all your time and hundreds of dollars to the game.
>>
>>24969476
>>24969612
>>24969616
>>24969663
thank you guys for all the advice
>>
>>24968607
Trap hole only works on normal summon or flip summon you retard, there were very few cards back then that could stop fusion summons, and most of them just stopped the spell card so you could try again later
>>
get kmc hyper matte minis

nothing compares sleeve wise
>>
Synchro master race senpai
>>
>>24970936
I like Synchros.

The way they work is neat and they don't have gamebreaking effects
>>
>>24968001
>implying they have to be on the field to fuse
>use future fusion and send them to the grave
>use dragons mirror
>instant beu and another in a couple of turns
>using red eyes darkness metal to bring back them from the grave with a mere sacrifice of any shitty dragon type
>not using red eyes b dragon support when they are now superior to everything
>>
>>24969239
literally this, the unlimited prints have became increasingly more unvaluable which sucks eggs, while 1st editions have become/stayed as valuable.
>>
>>24969776
>spendin 8 fucking dollars on 60 sleeves
>>
Gave up on MTG since it has became nearly unrecognizable from my nostalgia days. The local shop still has a good Yugioh following and I am thinking about playing again. Thanks for some of the times in the thread. Last I saw everyone playing was near my age as well.

It seems like the young kids are getting into MTG early.
>>
blue eyes ultimate was a shit fusion, and so was the flaming homo swordsman
>>
>>24972917
t. Mai Valentine
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.