[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long would it take for me to learn how to sing and play guitar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 91TdCNKstuL._SL1500_.jpg (487 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
91TdCNKstuL._SL1500_.jpg
487 KB, 1500x1500
I want to sing this to my wife.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7nmB20qJv4

Ballpark estimates on how long to learn? Keep in mind I'm a genius and learn everything quickly.
>>
>>24967361
How tough are your fingers and how well do you handle blisters? And how well do you handle continuous pain? It will honestly take you weeks just to be able to play basic chords comfortably and to be able to play for more than 5-10 minutes without your fingers hurting.
>>
I don't have any experience with singing, but i imagine it would take you years to learn a song with that singing level.

Basic acoustic guitar honestly won't take you very long. If you practice alot you could learn in only months.
>>
>>24967361
Most paramore songs are simple chords m8. A week if you aren't totally incompetent
>>
If you are talented and dedicated you should be able to play that within a month.
>>
how did u know it was you, doge? even before i opened this thread from catalog.

because u is emo af.

and im gonna guess its "you are the only exception" before i open the link.

nop, its all i want.
>>
>>24967361
If you try hard enough you can probably get the hang of it in about a week if you just want to do the lead guitar. If you want to do chords then it'll be about a month until you're decent.
>>
u gonna get keked to fk doge.

i hope im wrong
>>
>>24967361
keep in mind this is so far below 'high level'
after learning the basics of guitar, it might take you a couple days to learn this
>>
I don't just mean guitar, I mean singing at the same time.

>>24967408
I don't mind pain but I'm pretty sure my skin isn't tough. My hands and forearms get covered with cuts and scars when I play basketball.

>>24967506
Real men aren't afraid to show their emotions.

>>24967645
Why do you hope you're wrong? I thought this board h8s me.
>>
>>24967727

so? i don't enjoy other people's suffering.

why the fk u always here.

why the fk do u seem to be away from your wife all the time.
>>
>>24967727
That's harder to measure. Depends on how good your hands adapt to playing and trying to sing at the same time.

Might be hard jumping between the strings unless you keep your eyes on the guitar.
>>
is she cheating on ya, doge.

why is you here

why is u trying to sing her some middle school paramore song?
>>
I bet you will try for weeks then give up. Most people say they want to be musicians but dont have the dedication to play/practice everyday for years or the ability to understanding what music actually is. It cant be taught you have to be born with a musical ear - a natural understanding and feel for melodies and rythm.
>>
>>24967361
>How long would it take for me to learn how to sing and play guitar at a high level?
10,000 hours - same with becoming expert in any skill
>>
seems to me you met this woman a few months back and u married cause u desperate

you would shitpost a lot. you would ask femanons to "be your gf" this only happened months ago, not even a year

and now u married
and u go away for a month or two
and now u singing middle school girl rock to your wife and im like

wtf is wrong with u
>>
Nope nope. Doesn't work like that, just stop. Doesn't matter how smart you are, guitar just doesn't work that way. This is why people give up

You're going to barely be able to press the strings down, let alone play the picking pattern, and to sing it at the same time, it's gonna be so overwhelming and you're gonna sound like shit regardless for a long time and you're going to give up because it's boring now and you can't get it down.

Better to play her Wonderwall. You can atleast play something easy and not sound like shit.

Doesn't matter how smart you are, singing takes a long time to get down, don't overwhelm yourself like that. It'll be the most boring unrewarding challenge you can give yourself.

Playing easy songs first is probably the best way to eventually play something like this. So with a gun to your head, you'd get there, without sounding like crap in 6 months.
>>
>>24967727
Unless you're a naturally talented signer, you're probably never going to be able to hit some of those notes. Start with something easier like this http://youtu.be/oGWeHPK3NC4
>>
File: gooby.png (36 KB, 225x178) Image search: [Google]
gooby.png
36 KB, 225x178
>>24967797
Wait a second. Are you trying to Othello me?

>>24967792
I used to be really good at Starcraft.

>>24967839
10,000 hour rule is BS. It fails to account for talent.
>>
>>24968166

one of my favorite paramore songs.

;_;

misguided ghosts, traveling endlessly~
>>
>>24968312

no just wondering why you're back here after saying all that shit

u fk
>>
>>24967361
i'll try to provide a helpful answer. with solid practice near daily, i'd say you'd get this down in a year or so. there are several major hurdles, including

1. finger strength
2. picking accuracy
3. singing while playing

each of these by itself is difficult, and getting well at doing them together will take lots of practice. 2 years actually, would be a better estimate. i've been playing casually for several years, and more regularly once i got a guitar myself 6mo ago. i can sightread this song with many mistakes, but it's still recognizable.
>>
>>24967361
Seems like something a girl would sing to a guy. Isn't Hailey a female?
>>
To sound impressive to your wife but still sound like a retard in front of musicians, 1 year

To sound like Hailey and be able to preform this in a music venue 2-3 years.
>>
>>24968468 here

this is my third try with the song. it's pretty shit, but it's about what you can expect after about a year

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1VufHXfpYJ6
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.