[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So are SSRIs and other psych meds actually terrible for you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51 KB, 657x527
So are SSRIs and other psych meds actually terrible for you? I feel better on lexapro but don't want to end up a zombie.
>>
>>24964757
>So are SSRIs and other psych meds actually terrible for you?
In what way?
>but don't want to end up a zombie
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>24964757
I've been on Paxil and wellbutrin for a year now for depression and anxiety. So far, I feel better and there have been no "zombie" side effects. So I would continue to take them.
>>
>used aripiprazole
>binge eating commence
>70kg -> 90kg within 3 months

>used ritalin
>can't sleep anymore because no longer feeling tired
>>
>>24964757
>>can't sleep anymore because no longer feeling tired
abilify made me temporarily develop a nervous tic and reduced my fine motor control. it's an antipsychotic though, much more potent than SSRI's

in my experience, SSRI's are a bit numbing. if your depression or anxiety interferes with life (i.e. can't get out of bed, afraid to go outside, fidgeting in social situations), they can help you. i didn't feel like a zombie while i was on zoloft; life felt less dramatic and that was pretty much it. i stopped taking it because it didn't change the fact i'm a loser :|
>>
File: the more you know.jpg (18 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.jpg
18 KB, 640x480
people who complain about SSRI's are the same type of people who claim coffee gets them "high".
Sometimes they work for your mood sometimes they give you inconsequential side effects. Also their rate of effective is higher for people with REAL depression, not depression caused by being a self imposed loser.
>>
>>24965724
>knowing this little about SSRI's
>>
>>24965987
>u rly got me with this greentxt
>also sounds like somebody got misdiagnosed ;)
>>
>not just taking shrooms to cure your depression
Never gonna make it
>>
>>24966291
shrooms increased my depression lol. made me realize how fragile and fucked up we all are.
>>
>>24964757
The dont take away the negative emotions and leave the good, they just take away all emotions and make you feel like a zombie who dosent care about anything. Im off them now, i dont wany to go back on them
>>
Recently went up to 60mg of Cymbalta, feeling pretty good, desu.

Now I just need to go to sleep on time.

Came off of kpin, perphenazine and diphenhydramine. Doing ok.
>>
File: 0400 - nVaoBQ2.png (149 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
0400 - nVaoBQ2.png
149 KB, 396x385
It depends on you and only you. Some people have great experiences and some people have bad ones. Just keep in mind that they have many many side effects.

The first time i took one it did nothing, but make me feel emotionless.

I tried a different one and my dick stopped working. It would take me so long to finally cum and it was hard to get hard. I also heard voices when i was going to sleep.

I would suggest trying something like fish oil first, but if you really want to go ahead. If you start feeling any side effects i suggest stopping
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.