[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to your old school pals, /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: 1449028844991.jpg (217 KB, 498x604) Image search: [Google]
1449028844991.jpg
217 KB, 498x604
What happened to your old school pals, /r9k/?
>>
>>24964521
Moved on with their lives and left me alone.
>>
>>24964521
What pals?
>>
>>24964569
the guys who made fun of you at lunch break
>>
>no normiebook
I have literally no idea. Feels good.
>>
File: 1449898178342.jpg (102 KB, 800x1203) Image search: [Google]
1449898178342.jpg
102 KB, 800x1203
>>24964521
i stopped talking to them i dont know
>>
last I heard

>one guy is a successful software developer living in a studio apartment in NYC
>former best friend is a graphic designer also in NYC
>other guy recently started working at the Onion(not sure what exactly he does there, something tech-y) and married his high school crush
>guy I still see sometimes has gone somewhat hippie mode and has traveled everywhere with his girlfriend of 5 years or something
>>
>>24964521
They ended up just making me into a joke and din't give a damn about me.
I don't think I would consider anyone a friend, either now or past.
But they are probably doing something fun. or going to college.
>>
>>24964521
I was semi popular in School, I was "That WoW guy". I had a few people secretly ask me about how WoW was, what level I was, what kind of specs they'd need to run it.

Was "most likely to have sex with computer" in my year book. I was pretty happy, no normiebook or phone so no real clue, one artsy guy has done a few semi big projects which he's accredited for.

Hope they're doing alright.
>>
One is a programmer or something cs related, the other I don't know. I tried to talk to him not long ago but he ignored me.
>>
>>24964521
Half of them are dead or crippled, the others I am still looking for.
>>
The smart ones crashed and burned.
The dumb ones got generic jobs and just plod along with their partners.

Me? The guy between all that? I just finished my education to the point I could afford and coast around in a shitty wageslav job.
Too lazy to constantly apply and get rejected for post-grad work on the small chance I'll get an entry-level post-grad job that they work you like dog in. Too poor to afford doing a masters or any other course.
I'd rather spend time now just trying to sort my life out. Find out what I want. Build some sort of structure to achieve it. Get fit. Read some books. Try my hand at various different hobbies.

Shit career people usually look down on. But fuck it. I don't want to be a suicidal mess 20 years down the line. 7 years of wageslav is bad enough but at least I don't actually have to try.
>>
>>24964521
One's a neet(though he's not a robot, actually a very sociable guy), the other continued with higher education. I kind of cut contact with them because we stopped having anything in common.
>>
most of them are just screwing around in minimum wage jobs and becoming single mothers through chad

one guy got sent to prison for having sex with multiple under aged girls which was interesting, and another for raping a woman
>>
>>24964521
One of them is working after getting done with his research at Georgia Tech, and another got a chapbook of poetry published.
That's all I've been able to find out.
>>
i feel as if relationships with people are kinda like the universe.

the universe is constantly expanding, causing all the matter to be further and further away from each other. the universe tends towards disorder.

i think relationships are the same way. as we get older, we all move away from each other and go to different places.

i don't know what happened to my grade school friends.
>>
one thing I've noticed in common in /r9k/ is that almost none of us kept in touch with our school friends, we all seemed to be outcasts
>>
File: 331.jpg (9 KB, 311x162) Image search: [Google]
331.jpg
9 KB, 311x162
I killed them all.
>>
>>24964772
Being an outcast at school can fuck you up for life, that's probably why.
>>
Fucked if I know, i ended up moving to a different country
>>
>>24964772
It's pretty common, most people hardly even keep up with their college friends. The majority of people's social circles are their co-workers and neighbors.
>>
>>24964521
they started sucking each other off and fucking each other up the ass so i didn't wanna be a part of it
>>
>>24964845
On normiebook everyone except the outcasts keep in contact since school.

Although, I did come from a small town kind of place where everyone knows each other.
>>
>>24964521
Most are married and/or have kids and stuff.
A few aren't on normiebook or haven't accepted my friend requests.
>>
>>24964521
>friend from elementary school is still uber-Christian, got a BA in sociology and worked as a barista for a while, now a military wife with a little baby, seems very content as a Pinterest-y housewife, never talk to her
>friend from spanish elementary school is now in grad school for psychology, doesn't seem to be dating, still beautiful and still seems very Christian with a large group of friends (haven't spoken to her since probably middle school, if that)
>friend from middle school is now a nurse, engaged to an alcoholic IT guy, still obese, still super friendly even though we don't live nearby, all we have in common is liking alcohol and food, so I only ever see her on drinking holidays
>friend from high school is career military, not sure of rank but she's in nearly a decade now, still into yaoi and still asexual (not tumblr afaik), still a qt, has a big Wu Jing inspired back tattoo, father recently died, haven't seen her in many years
>friend from high school seemed to work as a cashier for the last several years but now looks like she's starting university (not sure what in, she doesn't social media much), still seems to enjoy comics/manga, still can't get a guy to like her, haven't talked to her since high school ended
>violent ADHD friend from high school who I shared comics with finally figured out he's gay, went into military, apparently identifies as a girl, seems to have cats, changed name, etc.
>friend from library in high school majored in zoology and is now married to a police officer, they post animal adventures pretty often and seem to have a good life, haven't spoken to her in many years

So, only one of those I interact with still, and that's only once or twice a year. Probably going over there for New Year's though.
>>
My favorite died, and then I was so sad and boring because she died that the rest abandoned me.
I wouldn't stop to piss on those treacherous cunts if they were on fire, I hope to survive them all.
>>
File: Welcome.gif (848 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
Welcome.gif
848 KB, 500x600
>>24964521
Still live with them, our relationship is inbetween friendship and borderline family.
>chadfaggot who I know since elementary school pounded ptp of a greek girl in germany
>manlet betanormie who always gets buttblasted at chadfaggot for trivializing romance, has a high maintenance gf so we make him the target of our jokes
>lanklet wageslavebot who shares my autism for obscure animu and vidya, somehow still has the same job when he was a part-timer at 17

I don't know the reason why we're still a group, despite shitting on eachother constantly. I'm actually worser of than any of them but I guess I'm blessed with knowing them from the start.
>>
Most of them were jerks in some way or other
I think two of them managed to sneak some sort of dope in me once, but i don't know what it was
>>
Still around this backwater hometown, just getting by. Some have kids by now, which means they have a reason to live.
>>
>>24964960
Couple more, given that calling any of these people friends is being really lenient with the word. I was never allowed to have people over or go anywhere to visit people, so my only interaction was in or before classes.

>friend from computer classes seems to only post memes and continues to be obsessed with Coheed & Cambria, never finish his Associates
>black friend of friend from computer classes who set up a Bleach RP website I played on still seems to have autism, his latest post is "I got a ps4" and he still spell "cool" as "kewl"; works at Red Lobster
>>
I really only ever had one school pal, I guess.
We're still best friends, after 12 years or something. Play vidya and stuff all the time. He's doing IT for a community college.
His younger brother just graduated from Army basic training, which is pretty cool.
>>
>>24964986
Fuck off roastie, i hope you are the first to go.
>>
they grew up
>>
>>24964521
They're either dead, fat as fuck, married or are addicted to drugs. Or a combination of the above.
>>
File: drphil-copy.jpg (41 KB, 419x600) Image search: [Google]
drphil-copy.jpg
41 KB, 419x600
They're still pretty old school.
>>
We all moved, one of us to Boston, other to Vermont, and me to a suburb close by.

We are all so similar to this day... Reeeee normie parents moving
>>
>>24965401
>roastie
Roastie?
I'm not a woman, retard.
>>
>>24964521
No idea. I don't talk to those fucks.
>>
>>24964521
> Be 15 years old
> Have friend
> Friend starts hanging out with this crazy Christian youth group
> Stop hanging out with him because I'm tired of hearing about Jebus
> A while later he goes on a skiing trip with his youth group
> Skiis over a cliff and is paralyzed from the waste down

He was basically the only friend that I ever had
>>
File: 1396922889279.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1396922889279.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
All fucking druggies and degenerates, except for that one weeb chick, last I remember she was doing fine.

Thank fuck I ducked out of that friend group in HS
>>
>most are gaining weight fast
>all are still dating highschool gfs who are gaining weight even faster
>half of them dropped out of college
>my closest bro is in the coast guard but he has a long distance gf states away so he's super lonely and plays league all day
:/
>>
>>24964778
holy shit it's you
>>
Best friend from elementary moved to Montreal and became a junkie and audiophile.

Best friend from junior high moved to Ottawa to study law. That's as far as I know about them. Possibly transsexual.

Other friend from junior high became local cheesecake model.

Third one went completely off the deep end between drugs and mental illness. AFAIK she's homeless, maybe a prostitute. Currently suing her psychiatrist from back then for allegedly taking nudes and prescribing without a diagnosis.

Friend from high school also went off the deep end with psychosis and shit, been in and out of the hospital for the last five years. Lives with parents.

Another one got most of the way through university before hitting the end of student loans. Writes mediocre genre fiction while living on disability for bipolar and some mystery physical ailment.

#3 opened up a shitty Japanese fashion boutique. Pretty sure she's in heavy debt.

#4 moved to Finland to live with her wife. Tries to get her boring writing published while relying on art commissions for income.

#5 moved across the country to pursue acting.

#6 got some sort of history degree and AFAIK makes a good living. Don't know what he does.

Writing this all out kind of makes me feel okay about where I am.
>>
>>24966327
what do you mean by the end of student loans? I plan to keep going into debt until I graduate, I didn't know there was a limited amount ;_;
>>
>>24964778
papa bones
>>
File: alcoholismyfriend.jpg (76 KB, 900x676) Image search: [Google]
alcoholismyfriend.jpg
76 KB, 900x676
they all went to UT and became more successful than me
girlfriends and everything
and they bullied me for 4 years
thanks, karma!
>>
File: 1447718445592.png (121 KB, 480x445) Image search: [Google]
1447718445592.png
121 KB, 480x445
>>24964521
They all died, years ago--nothing more than tinder in the flaming inferno of this fruitless war.
>>
>>24966944
>tinder
get of this board u fucking normie reee
>>
>>24966760
Might be different elsewhere, but CSL only provides up to either a certain monetary amount or number of programs/degrees. It should be enough for at least a bachelor, but depending on living expenses and how quickly you finish your program, you might be out of luck. In her situation, she was both bad with money and suffered from academic setbacks due to illness. You can still take out private loans, though.
>>
>>24967155
phew, thanks anon
>>
My earliest friends (middle school):

-One was and still is a total weeaboo, i never liked anime so i didn't know what the fuck he was talking about all the time. pretty sure he is autistic, probably visits r9k. had a big bubbly ass i wanted to fuck no homo tho

another one didn't change essentially: she's a hypocritical fat bitch majoring in design

another one was a qt, pretty humble and down to earth. she had pretty big tits in middle school and chads touched them without her permission, she was only rustled but never put an end to it

was friends with a stacy, she's now a drunkie whore. i fingered her once while watching jennifer's body

i just stopped hanging out with the guy i was closest to

why?

they were all richfags while i was rat poor and i found friends with issues i could really relate to and that could actually hang around with me. still friends with these rat poor fuckers
>>
>>24964521
idk, i moved a few times
>>
Forced to go to an awful private Christian school in another city all my life by my dad, so I never had any friends. The "friends" I did make were gone the next year because the school was shit, so I never had any lasting friends to begin with. The school, not my class, the whole school had a total of 13 people when I graduated. I never saw any of them again after that.
>>
>>24964521
They are a bunch of uneployed trash assholes. I stoped talking to them, since it wasn't worth being asociated with them and their poor ways of life. Other has a family and is kinda succesful, but also stoped talking to him.
>>
>>24964521

Got drunk and kicked in the front door of his house.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.