[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yale University Students Protest Halloween Costume Email
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8
I'm probably a month late with this but I just watched the video with the Yale professor getting yelled at by the students for this e-mail he wrote bout Halloween costumes and I was completely and utterly shocked. I thought universities were supposed to be a place for thought and logical discussion? There a tons of things that offend me when coming on this board and this site in general, but instead of yelling "FHGFHDGJ YOU OPPRESSIVE PIECE OF SHIT DJFSKFDS" I usually tend to have discussions and find out why they think this way? I understand why they're upset, I really do, but yelling at him was totally uncalled for. He looked scared for his life. I really don't like this at all guys, what is my generation doing to free-thought?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IEFD_JVYd0
>>
I think both he and his wife resigned.
>>
>>24961530
That's terrible.
>>
oh look a rich spoiled nigger girl complaining about something while going to one of the most prestigious universities in america
>>
>>24961513
He should've beat the crap out of that dumb bitch.
>>
>>24961795
"University is suppressed to a safe space!"
They yell as they chase this man and mob him.
>>
Why do woman feel the need to do this kind of thing? Couldn't she have just ignored the email if it offended her that much?
>>
>>24962206
You'd expect someone from THE yale university to act more civilized.
>>
File: 1415912024557.jpg (22 KB, 300x286) Image search: [Google]
1415912024557.jpg
22 KB, 300x286
>we need authority to condemn and prohibit behavior we personally disagree with or else we can't feel safe
>>
>>24961513
Kek, what a joke. The only reason these niggers and sandniggers get in Yale is because of their race.
>>
>>24961513

What a bitch. Someone smack that bitch up
>>
File: yale.jpg (156 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
yale.jpg
156 KB, 736x490
I've been waiting to post this
>>
>>24962302
>The only reason these niggers and sandniggers get in Yale is because of their race.

Niggers aren't the problem. It's nigg-RESSES that are the problem.

We always reject their applications at my work, because they get uppity against the po-po (authority).
>>
>>24961513
That's Yale University, with all those non-whites?
>>
Holy shit, fuck university. I thought smart people went there and there was lots of good, quality, intelligent discussion. Looks like now it's just a meme.
>>
>white male privilege means it's socially acceptable for people to treat you like dirt
>>
So what's the controversy? From what I understood, the professor sent out an email recommending people to not dress out as stereotypes? What am I missing?
>>
>>24962413

For some reason people were concerned that a lot of students would wear blackface or something on Halloween. The university administration sent an email saying people shouldn't dress as stereotypes on Halloween. This professor sent another email saying that college is about debating ideas and if you are offended by someone's costume you should tell them why instead of the school telling people what to wear. As a result Yale students went nuts and forced her and her husband to resign.
>>
>>24962413
He said that college is a place of intellectual discussion and refused to censor anyone.

>>24962393
It's for people scared of the real world who just want life to be more school. The idea of working and being responsible terrifies them.
>>
>>24961513
>me me me
Please stop being so entitled. What have other generations done to create this?
>>
>>24962334
This is why I started saying I'm white in my job applications. I got tons more call backs and no one said anything when I went to the interview.
I still got hired after they could see that I'm reserved and intellegent.
>>
These people will constantly complain about oppression, and not realize that they are the oppressors. These people have gained the power in universities and how do they use this power? Silencing all opposition and kicking people who disagree with them out. They do not realize the irony of this because they think that they are the good guys in these situations, standing up for the people with less power, when in fact the people with less power are the ones being yelled off campus
>>
>>24962561
I get the opposite thing. I get a lot more interviews when I say I'm not white. I used to say I was white because I have relatively light skin and thought it was easier to be employed it I was white and I was dead wrong
Might be because I'm a guy and hispanic though.
>>
>>24962609
Yeah it's probably because you're a guy and think they can pay you like shit if you're not white.
Plus no one likes black females. I was considering being the first, black female mass shooter for a while ngl.
>>
>>24962642
My white coworkers get payed the same as me, or a bit more since some have worked longer than me. I'm told I'm due for a raise soon though.
>>
>>24962500
Why would anyone wear blackface though? IIRC that's the death penalty in Ameriland.
>>
Remember when going to college meant something?
>>
File: 1449524407564.jpg (38 KB, 480x647) Image search: [Google]
1449524407564.jpg
38 KB, 480x647
>>24961513
>mfw I live in a rural shithole with no cash in my pocket
>mfw I cant even graduate from high school with government programs since I am an adult
>I always wanted to move to a city and get help
>I see this shit
is this how schools are in the civilized portions of the country?
>>
>>24962719
That's good that your employer isn't a scumbag then but they're out there for sure.
>>
>>24962809
I never said I was paid well.
Nobody pays you more because you're white.

>>24962804
Maybe you shouldn't have failed a few grades.
Government aid keeps going if you're still in high school and you turned 18.
>>
>>24962845
Are you a black woman?
>>
>>24962871
I'm a mexican guy.
You know, the ones who stereotypical get paid horribly just for existng.
>>
>>24962891
>the ones who stereotypical get paid horribly just for existng.
Designated NEETing street m8
>>
File: 1328034952077.png (84 KB, 214x211) Image search: [Google]
1328034952077.png
84 KB, 214x211
>>24962500

>i'm a strong independant womyn that don't need no man
>i just need the state or other authority figure to stand in for one and use their power to control others based on my whining
>>
>>24962334
>>24962561
That mentality is why ghetto's exist
>hurr, we don't want niggers to be apart of modern society
>go assblasted when they turn into criminals
>>
>>24962891

When's that wall going to be ready, Pedro?
>>
>tfw education is the most pathetic degree when it comes to this shit

I'm genuinely worried. The people raising and teaching the next generation of kids will be turbo-SJWs. I have a (one) friend, and he is in education. He showed me his textbooks one day... jesus christ. In all of his classes, SJW shit and privilege take up more than the rest of the book.

So basically on the off chance anyone here ends up having kids, enjoy your communist indoctrination
>>
>>24962379
diversity quotas

most of them probably shouldn't be there
>>
>>24962971
Why do you have reaction pictures of the German green?
>>
>>24962845
Well that's actually not true lol. I've had jobs where I was hired at the same time as another white female. I worked harder and had better sales and they got a raise over me.
>>
>>24963035

It's from a video of some older guy making a speech they didn't care for. They let him finish at least, but their reactions were priceless.
>>
>>24963060
It wasnt because they were white. You just want to blame anything other than yourself.

>>24962993
My guess is around 2020
>>
>>24962305
she wouldn't talk like that to a brother
>>
>>24963279
Uh yeah okay. I'm 100% sure it's because they're white. I had excellent customer reviews, excellent sales, the people who are over my manager even liked me.
I was always early to work, my coworkers liked me, and my boss seemed to like me.
When customers came into the store they would ask for me. So please tell me what other reason it could be.
>>
>>24963377

The other person was most likely judged to have better managerial skills and/or they wanted to leave you on the sales floor since you are apparently good at that.

Being the best sales person doesn't necessarily mean you should be in charge of a team of them. That thought process is why we have idiots that get promoted until they reach positions they're not suited for and then languish there doing a shitty job.

Often times it is better to just leave someone in a place they're good at and increase their pay, but then idiots get all butt hurt that they aren't getting the prestige of a promotion to a "higher" position even though they don't have the skill set needed.
>>
Nobody's rights were violated here, so who cares? This is just typical /pol/ shitstains whining about SJW boogeymen, because they think the world should give them a platform to parade around like racist cunts without any rebuttal.

>"Help! Someone called me a racist! That's tantamount to censorship!"

Jesus christ. Just kill yourself.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>24963555

3/10 straw man, faggot. Here's your (1)
>>
>>24963541
They weren't promoted. They just received a raise. Even if that were true I've worked as an assistant manager for two years before moving out of the state I used to live in. My bosses there always give me great references on my ability to manage people
>>
>>24963766

>she did a better job than you despite your opinion to the contrary
>she directly asked for a raise and you didn't
>she has kids and management felt bad
>she sucks more management dick
>people are lying to you and you actually are not good at your job

Choose any or all of the above.
>>
File: 1449974284449.jpg (60 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
1449974284449.jpg
60 KB, 546x700
>>24963555
Found the butthurt SJW!
>>
>>24962996
damn, i think about this every time there's a discussion about gender shit. these are the people who will raise children teaching them they can be boy or girl.
>>
>>24963883
Well our manager is female and she's not even friends with her.
People aren't lying because customers submit their reviews voluntarily. You clearly look at the computer and my sales are higher.
>>
>>24964106
Oh forgot I asked for a raise. I'd been working the job for two years. She also doesn't have children and is the same age as me and dropped out of college. Whereas I have a higher education.
>>
>>24963945
He's right though. The First Amendment also protects our rights to fling shit at each other. There are plenty of individuals on the right, and/or affiliated with right wing groups that just as fucking obnoxious about being triggered as SJWs. Its fucking pathetic, we should weed out the betas and then take the high ground .
>>
>>24962996
Holy shit. It never occurred to me until now.
>>
>>24964106

Did you ask for a raise?

Did she spill some sob story about needing more money for kids?

There's a shit ton of other possibilities as well. I'm just naming things I have personally seen happen and remembered at this moment.

All kinds of shit happens when you're not around.
>>
>>24964106

>female manager

the other girl is hotter than you

>http://www.womenshealthmag.com/sex-and-love/study-says-women-tip-pretty-female-servers-more
>>
>>24964171
Yeah. I agree. Two sides to an equally retarded coin.
>>
>>24962500
>This professor sent another email saying that college is about debating ideas and if you are offended by someone's costume you should tell them why instead of the school telling people what to wear.

Ok, I DO GET IT, but really, what is arguing with racist whites gonna do? Whites dress up as blackface because they want to offend and be edgy if front of their peers. They don't want to listen to black people's problems with it. They'll just go off like "hurr black privilege", "Im just expressing muh self", "It's just a prank, bro XD", and "muh rights".

Im sure a black person does confront whites about their racism at schools, but what if things get out of hand? Like a riot or a fight? Does that mean they will not take responsibility for their students? After paying thousands and thousands of dollars?
Plus, shouldn't students represent the school? If so, white people going like blackface is bad publicity.
>>
http://www.psmag.com/books-and-culture/millennials-tolerance-for-shutting-down-free-speech
>>
File: 1449275634744.jpg (64 KB, 580x565) Image search: [Google]
1449275634744.jpg
64 KB, 580x565
>I thought universities were supposed to be a place for thought and logical discussion?
>he fell for the ruse
Niggers and women are ruining that too, there is no escape.
>>
>>24964314
She's not very pretty just average. She's very short and stumpy too, but if she's prettier than me its because she's white so what I was saying it correct after all. :^)
Anyway I quit and I'm an assistant manager again at my new job while I get a higher degree.
>>
still dont know what the deal is about the vids ., why the protest ??
>>
>>24965753
Just read the thread, questioning anon.
>>
I just want to be edgy as fuck and kill a bunch of uppity little shits.
>>
>>24965923
Who are the people in question, my good supreme gentleman?
>>
RETWEET
>>
>>24961513
>"you should not sleep at night"
>"you are disgusting"
my god what the hell is wrong with this woman
and what the hell is wrong with this mob
>>
File: crybullies_ben_garrison.jpg (535 KB, 1200x891) Image search: [Google]
crybullies_ben_garrison.jpg
535 KB, 1200x891
The future leaders of your country.
>>
>>24962804
what's wrong with living in a rural location? I live in the city and I want to move the fuck out of here soon.
>>
>>24966317
I like the little baby in the safe space the most.
>>
>>24966317
>hold your breath for justice
that's exactly what this safe space insanity is, holding your breath for attention
my god these people are children
>>
>>24964465
Yeah but that's not the point. If someone dresses up in blackface, then other students hopefully go "oh jeff's a racist cunt, let's ostracize him" but this professor hasn't DONE ANYTHING. If the prof had come out in black face and been a racist asshole then it would be a different story.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.