[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he's not starfish master race
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12
File: article_sleeping_positions.jpg (74 KB, 963x277) Image search: [Google]
article_sleeping_positions.jpg
74 KB, 963x277
>he's not starfish master race
>>
I fall asleep in yearner but wake up soldier every time.
>>
Foetus master race
>>
It may be because I sleep on a really soft couch and my friend's floor a lot, but foetus is usually my go to when I'm in my bed.
>>
>>24960511
definently foetus, my matress and bed is too uncomfortable and hard for me to fall asleep in solder/starfish/freefaller mode

I also fall asleep on my stomach
>>
>>24960511
i sleep weirdly
I have this elaborate way of wrapping myself very tightly in the blanket
the blanket has to be between my legs too
>>
What does a foetus with dakimakura (can't sleep at all without it) mean?
>>
>>24960511
I sleep partially sideways but still body up
>>24960634
I have that too! Why though?
>>
>>24960511
>Not sleeping laying down with your feet in a half or full lotus position with your arms signaling a field goal

Pleb.
>>
>sleeping on your back

You're just asking for sleep paralysis
>>
I have bad allergies and sleep with my head turned to the side, or else I wake up with a bunch of mucus in my throat and back of my nose. I sleep yearner or fetus most of the time depending on how cold it is or how much I've been tossing and turning (bad insomina)
>>
>>24960511
Mostly the solider but sometimes the starfish. I never sleep on my side which apparently exposes me to a higher risk of experiencing sleep paralysis.
>>
>>24960511
soldier. knees sometimes bent vertically. sometimes no pillow
>>
File: 1449326480216.jpg (7 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
1449326480216.jpg
7 KB, 267x189
reminder that if you're anything other than foetus, you are a NORMALFAG and you should GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>wake up
>try to move leg
>immediately feel that sudden tension in your muscle
>FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
>try to roll out of bed and put pressure on the limb before you get a charley horse
>get it anyway
>standing there gritting your teeth and putting pressure on your leg until it stops
fuck muscle spasms
>>
>>24960733

I always sleep in either log, yearner or fetus and I still get sleep paralysis
>>
If I sleep on my back, some saliva starts going from my mouth into my throat which forces me to swallow at intervals, making it impossible for me to fall asleep in that position.
>>
>>24960511
foetus/yearner depending on how much space there is
>>
I only get muscle spasms in my legs if I sleep on my back.

What the fuck is wrong with me.
>>
>>24960511

>there are people that unironically only sleep in one position

How even? The only way I refuse to sleep is on my stomach.
>>
File: 22.png (70 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
22.png
70 KB, 500x454
>>24960511
I sleep like the freefaller. But only with one arm up under the pillow. Sometimes I wake up unable to feel my whole arm. Coupled with morning glory, it's a great way to start the day.
>>
>>24960511
>fall asleep in freefaller position
>wake up in soldier position

what the hell is that supposed to mean about my personality
>>
File: image.png (3 KB, 512x513) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 KB, 512x513
I sleep like the starfish and the yearner but usually the Mario. On my stomach with one arm and one leg up.
>>
>>24960906
On my stomach is the only way I can sleep.
>>
>>24960511
I switch between "The Freefaller" and "The Soldier"
>>
Face down crying and trying to smother myself at the same time.
>>
All of them except freefaller.
>>
File: feelios.png (486 KB, 428x627) Image search: [Google]
feelios.png
486 KB, 428x627
>>24960511
>tfw foetus
>tfw no gf
>>
>>24960906
I feel warm and secure if I sleep on my stomach, and anxious and nervous whenever I try to fall asleep on my back
>>
>>24960511
Somewhere in between yearned and foetus desu, that's the only way I can get comfortable since I have pretty bad sleep paralysis shit whenever I sleep on my back
>>
>>24960511
>he doesn't cycle through all of them in a valiant, hour-long struggle to fall asleep
>>
I go to sleep on my stomach to avoid sleep paralysis and it's a 50/50 chance if I wake up on my back
>>
How do you sleep without getting your arms in the way?
Every position I try, my arm is in some uncomfortable position. Like how could anyone do the log or the yearner?

I have a large body pillow that I sort of have a hugging position with. Comfy as fuck.
>>
>>24960511
Starfish or Yearner with my forearms over my eyes
>>
I move a fuck ton in bed before I finally fall asleep. So It usually ranges from the soldier at the start then to the starfish (except I have both my arms behinds the pillow). Then I go to the yearner/foetus and the freefaller. Then back to starfish

repeating all of this until I finally go unconscious

I think I can't stay in one position for more than 10- 20 minutes
>>
Either log or foetus with another pillow by the side to hug, normally same up in soldier though
>>
>>24960815
you are supposed to stretch the muscle out, not put pressure on it

stretching the calf, for instants, if you feel it about to happen immediately stops it before it happens
>>
>>24960733
>>24960767
>>24960817
I swear this is a fucking meme. How does your body all of a sudden stop? That has never happened to me during my time on earth.
>>
dakimakura masterrace
>>
>>24961574

It's not a meme, it's a real thing and it's fucking terrifying. Fortunately I have never had hallucinations when I get sleep paralysis (this is what causes a lot of alien abduction stories) but it's still really scary not being able to move. When I get sleep paralysis, all I can do is blink my eyes. I can't open/close my mouth, I can't turn my head, I can't do anything besides blink. You know it's temporary but you don't know how long it will last.
>>
I'm yearner, freefaller, soldier, AND starfish. Big whup wanna fight about it.
>>
>>24961574
>i dont understand it and it never happened to me, therefore its a meme
>>
>>24961691
I am glad we are in agreement
>>
>>24960511
Yearner ofc
>>
>>24960733
It probably true. Ive never had paralysis, and i heard most peoples had this at least once, its probably cause i really cant sleep at my back
>>
>>24960511
None of those. My preferred position is the foetus with arms inbetween legs.
>>
>sleeping on your sides or stomach, crushing your balls and making your self sterile

Don't do this.
>>
SOLDIER MASTERRACE
>>
>>24961802
>having children

Don't do this.
>>
Soldier except with hands on stomach.
>>
>>24960537
R u me

original as fuck
>>
>>24962145
It's not really about that i just want to be a functioning male, sleep on your nuts if you want to kkek.
>>
>>24962517
>implying being sterile mean's you're not a functioning male

Literally the only thing it prevents you from doing is having children. You can still ejaculate and have the same amount of testosterone.
>>
I change between these positions all the time while sleeping, I can never stay in the same. Thought everyone was the same desu
>>
File: HmzR17w.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
HmzR17w.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>>24962530
If you can't reproduce and spread your seed you're useless as a male.
>>
File: 1444596425664.jpg (10 KB, 161x250) Image search: [Google]
1444596425664.jpg
10 KB, 161x250
Who else here wakes up with numb arms in Freefaller?
>>
>>24962611
I'm usually constantly flipping sides in Foetus. Sometimes Freefall.
>There are people who actually sleep on their backs
Literally how?
>>
>>24962690
The weight of the world keeps me pinned to my back.
>>
>>24960511
I am pretty slow to reveal emotion. I often try soldier, but I just can't keep it up.
>>
>>24960733
I am, actually. I want it to happen.
>>24961574
Because you need to lie perfectly still and ignore any stimuli your body sends you. The brain does an "awake check" by making parts feel tingly. If you ignore those, you'll get there. Furthermore, keeping a shoulder or hand still for longer than 3 days will make you require revalidation to get it moving again.
>>
>>24960805
>this guy know whats up
>>
>>24962690
Same here, it's literally impossible for me to fall asleep on my back. Parts of my neck and my lower back start losing their feeling and circulation and my body is just beggging me to sleep on my side or stomach.
>>
File: 1429240413728.jpg (7 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
1429240413728.jpg
7 KB, 228x228
>the way you sleep determines your personality
>mfw people believe this
>>
File: abacus.jpg (24 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
abacus.jpg
24 KB, 320x240
Who else /don't always use a pillow and just prefer putting head on mattress/ here?

>>24960511
I can only sleep in starfish with my arms on top of the blankets. Otherwise I feel trapped.

>>24960733
Funny, I've only ever experienced that while on my stomach. Shit is painful.

>>24961030
this too
>>
>>24960906
It's what you start off as/are most comfortable in.
>>
>>24960733
Sleep paralysis while laying on the back is the worst shit.

Bad show
>>
>>24963428
It's the best shit. Direct pathway into lucid dreaming.
>>
Freefaller desu
>>
Free faller here, I guess I'm friendly. I'm mostly done with social relation out of refusal to be hurt or stressed.
>>
I always sleep with my hands in my pants
>>
Foetus position but with a pillow between my legs
>>
I sleep in all those positions, it all depends which one feels the comfiest at the time
>>
I just wish I could sleep with my hands behind my head without my arms going dead, it's so fucking comfy.

Humans are badly designed.
>>
>>24960733
mah nigga
haven't slept on my back in a decade
>>
>>24960511
Yearner or Foetus. On my back, I tend to get sleep paralysis.
>>
does anyone else have a problem sleeping facing a certain direction? Like for example I can only sleep on my side facing right. literally 100% of the time I try sleeping facing left I either don't fall asleep or have sleep paralysis if I'm exhausted.
>>
File: r-SLEEP-450x420[1].jpg (20 KB, 450x420) Image search: [Google]
r-SLEEP-450x420[1].jpg
20 KB, 450x420
Starfish, but on my belly. It prevents tossing and turning. Sometimes it's called the "soldier crawl".
>>
>>24960511
the fuck does a suspicious personality even mean?
>>
I sleep in fetal position because I get so cold easily :)
>>
>>24964900
you would know you shady motherfucker
>>
>>24960733
came to post this

i always was sleeping in the starfish position until i had my first SP

never again
>>
>>24964891
holy shit are you me? it's the warmest and most comfortable position. I occasionally sleep on my side too, never on my back.
>>
File: 17.jpg (94 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
94 KB, 1400x788
>>24963077
>I am, actually. I want it to happen.

no you dont trust me, i'm an edgy guy who loves horror movies, creepy storys and has no problem with gore or violence but that shit fucked me up

I'm always nervous in the dark since and especially right before i go to sleep, shit was bad, pic related is close to what i encountered
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.