[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /nothingtodo/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 2jd448p.jpg (9 KB, 225x238) Image search: [Google]
2jd448p.jpg
9 KB, 225x238
>close browser decide to do something productive/something else that 4chan
>open steam to look at my 300 unfinished games
>close steam and open my browser to go back to 4chan

When will it stop robots? I don't even read anything even more, I just look for nice pictures in the catalog
>>
Smoke a joint and play morrowind.
>>
woa dude what a tough life weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww dude fucking weew desu
>>
I made a list of productive things to do in case this happens. I try to do at least one productive thing per day and it's working.
Clearing backlog is always fun tho. Or getting more backlog.
>>
File: A1.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
A1.jpg
415 KB, 1920x1080
stop trickling down the path of least resistance and try something challenging, something you might not even enjoy doing but might be a learning/self improvement experience
>>
>>24956765
I'm not a degenerate who smokes weed, I barely go outside so I don't even know how I'd get my hands on in.
I tried playing morrowind once, but after spending 2.5 hours installing graphical mods, I realised my computer couldn't handle it and I lost the will to play.

>>24956789
I never claimed to have a tough life
>>
>>24956807
Unless you literally live in the middle of nowhere you can't swing a cat without hitting someone who sells. And morrowind can run on a toaster, you don't need no fancy graphical mods to enjoy it.
>>
>>24956795
I can't help buying games that are on sale, I feel like I've wasted my money if I DON'T buy them. I'll often compare the food I'm buying to how many Humble Bundles I could get for the same price.

>>24956804
I don't know what I want to do. I bought a bunch of books on different subjects that I want to read, but my eyes are too fucked and it starts hurting after a few minutes.

>>24956835
I know, it just completely turned me off of it. Is Morrowind a hard game? I feel like engaging myself in deep RPG's has been really tough lately
>>
>>24956873
Morrowind isn't very difficult, it has a combat difficulty slider you can change at any time and it's modern enough that there isn't much cryptic crap. It doesn't hold your hand either though, there won't be a quest marker showing you the way 24/7.

No really difficult stat min/maxing required either, it was designed partly to introduce Xbox casuals to the rpg imo.
>>
OP the only way to break that cycle is to force yourself to stay off 4chan for a day or two. 4chan has the ability to make everything seem mundane and boring because its full of tricks, you come here getting quick and cheap entertainment that a video game takes time to give you.

4chan is kind of acting like a drug to you. you gotta kick it or force it out of your system for a while to be able to go enjoy other things
>>
>>24956750
>wants to do some productive
>opens steam to play video games

Oh wow. Why don't you get a job or a hobby that is actually productive?
>>
>>24956922
That sounds alright then, I like that it doesn't hold my hand so that I might actually be able to engage myself in it and forget about the world around me.

>>24956949
Yeah I know, but it's just really hard. Maybe I'll just find a way to block it once this thread 404's desu

>>24956965
>wants to do some productive
something productive/something else. I can't think of anything productive to do, and I paid for these games so I should at least try to play them. And do you want me to work 24/7?
>>
I started learning Japanese.
Thanks weebshit, finally motivated me to do something productive

Even if it's just grinding vocab, I don't have to think hard but can still be productive
>>
>>24956750
>play vidya
>get bored
>smoke
>vidya
>bored
>sleep
>Monday
>>
>>24957011
Smoke moar.
>>
File: anime girl attempt 3 25.png (63 KB, 367x522) Image search: [Google]
anime girl attempt 3 25.png
63 KB, 367x522
pick up a hobby
>>
>>24956873
get rid o the books, pick one thing and start from scrath
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 550x512
The only thing I do anymore that can be considered remotely productive is seed torrents. It makes me feel like I'm worth something because I know somewhere, someone is benefitting from my existence. I let them run all day with a max upload speed of 1.5MB/s. I've uploaded over 500GB of data on some individual torrents, probably over 30TB in my career.
>>
File: 1448904210182.jpg (16 KB, 200x234) Image search: [Google]
1448904210182.jpg
16 KB, 200x234
Get rid of the internet. I went without the internet for a month because of problems with my provider, and I played more vidya/did more productive shit than I had in years.
>>
>>24957214
thank you for your service

bloxxxxx
>>
>>24956873
>buying games when kat exists
You are pathetic
>>
>>24956873
Yet your eyes are fine with staring on the screen all day.

>>24957007
Vidya games are a waste of money. Do something that does not involve computers. At least not directly. Anything you should be doing related to video games is to program them. And then if some of your friends make a game, then play it and give them a personal review.

It could be the simplest shit like learning to draw. Buy bunch of artist charcoals cheaply from the stationery store, some thin recycled yellow paper and try drawing. Anything really.

Or you can try something else. You want to be versatile.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.