[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be hikikomori shut-in NEET >No friends, hide in closet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: tendies.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tendies.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>Be hikikomori shut-in NEET
>No friends, hide in closet when people knock on the door
>Do nothing all day: just watch movies and read books
>Years go by doing this, end up a 21 year old manlet still living at home
>Start to really hate my life and get scared nothing will change
>Take LSD one day
>Realise what a loser I am
>Decide I'm going to fix it all at once
>Start frantically putting together a resume while on LSD and actually HAND it to a gas station clerk
>"This will surely fix my life! LSD IS AN AMAZING DRUG"
>No job offer yet, hide inside wasting time instead
>One day, be on computer
>Decide to check out former high school acquaintance's public Facebook profiles
>They're adults now ... working respectable jobs
>Some of them even have families of their own
>Look at myself in the mirror
>No experience, no friends, no degree, no job
>Can't even leave the house by myself
>Mother calls be "sweetie"
>Suddenly become acutely aware of what a parasitic piece of shit I am
>Get insanely drunk
>Turn up uninvited at an old acquaintances house (who I learned through Facebook stalking was having a party nearby. Yes, I am that fucking mentally ill)
>The normies humbly accept me
>Making awkward small talk "so, what do you do anon?"
>Give a bullshit answer with the pre-text being something like "tendie salesman"
>They look down on me, wish I was fucking dead
>Decide to leave the party early and walk home (because I have no license)
>Start wishing I was normie
>Arrive at basement
>Seriously start thinking of ways to make money even with my condition
>Eventually settle on Bitcoin (the year is early 2013 and there isn't as much hype.)
>"Yes, I'll become a Bitcoin wizard and turn my life around! BITCOIN IS INCREDIBLE TECHNOLOGY"

Conti
>>
>Friends getting married at 21
At least you didn't do that, OP.
>>
File: tendies2.jpg (308 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
tendies2.jpg
308 KB, 1200x800
>>24954918
>Start autistically studying everything about Bitcoin the next day
>Don't eat, barely sleep. Parents notice that I'm losing weight because too busy learning how ECDSA works
>Eventually pick up a lot of programming too
>Become something of an expert on security
>Publish papers that inform wallet and exchange security in major applications
>Start applying to remote jobs all over the world
>Amazingly, a normie company in Silicon Valley hires me
>My salary is six figures a year
>Still can't go outside but six figures is a lot for a tendie salesman
>"Y-you too sir"
>Now earning so much money I can finally move out
>Had some trouble getting a place initially but pull it off
>Be coding full time
>Code several major modules that now process millions of dollars worth of Bitcoins every month with zero hacks (not naming the company)
>No degree, dropped out of high school but earning more than anyone I know
>Fast forward a few months
>I eventually save up a lot of money wage slaving
>"I sure showed them! I am a productive member of society now and not a NEET parasite!"
>Months go by doing this
>I buy a fancy car, fancy clothes, and several other toys
>Have very little time to do anything now most days but decide to go out to a bar on the weekend
>Be at bar
>Trashy succubi is interested in me (as I probably look rich) but I pass it up
>Go back to my condo
>Look at my fancy art work on the walls
>Look at my mining rigs
>Look at my bank balance
>Look at the news reports about my work
>Look in the mirror, I'm a 24 year old frog
>A fucking frog
>Start balling my eyes out
>The next day I quit my job
>Posting this now on /r9k/

FUCK YOU NORMIES, YOU'RE JUST AS MISERABLE AS WE ARE
WHY DID I BUY INTO YOUR FUCKING BULLSHIT FACADE

So yes, today I learned that being a normie doesn't change shit and that most normies are genuinely lying about how happy they are. It's just that their brand of misery is more socially acceptable. That's literally all it is. Fucking kill me.
>>
Hopefully you can make your savings last, or do you still have income of some kind? Also, maybe try to form some type of identity outside of a dead meme perpetuated by a toxic community? Idk man, good luck.
>>
>>24955422
I had everything that normies define as success: a high paying job, a nice apartment, good social status, bla bla bla. I was even more miserable than when everyone was looking down on me.

Still processing how fucked up this is, desu.
>>
File: MELEE.png (151 KB, 250x349) Image search: [Google]
MELEE.png
151 KB, 250x349
its time my friend, let the way of melee guide you to ascendance
>>
>>24954918
look anon

at the end of the day, you've got an interesting story to tell, with life experiences I'm sure many others will never get to experience.

Which is a pretty decent accomplishment.
>>
http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Hedonic_treadmill
>>
>>24955523
God damnit: there ought to be some kind of reward for being a normie if normies are going to try sell this shit to every "loser" that they meet.

Fuck this. I am going to go spend 50 Bitcoins on drugs and move back home. I am not even joking.
>>
I guess the grass is always greener on the otherside eh?
>>
>>24955574
Give me one coin :^
>>
I must kill the normies!
>no anon...
>you are the normie
and then anon was a zombie
>>
>>24955574
>smart enough to become some bitcoin computer sec dude
>not smart enough to be happy

Normies have very wide social support networks, nets and nets of people that constantly validate them, build bonds with, experience things with, have fun with etc.

Did you pick up any friends at work you could be comfortable with just sitting silently next to? Friends you could shoot the shit with any time either of you were up for it? Someone who you could confide in and who would do the same? That's not to mention the constant sex that normies get, which is a nice but incomplete source of validation.

Having the drive to excel, which was what you did, and also having a social support network, that's the dream life that normies live. Having something to be enthusiastic about and having someone to be enthusiastic with.
>>
>>24955671
I think there's something wrong with me. Maybe people like me can only be happy with drugs
>>
>>24955791
You seem to be steering yourself towards drugs as an option.

It sounds like a really short-term solution for all the long-term effort you put in to get to where you are now but hey your money your life
>>
>>24955463
Did you have a good social life where you hung out with people and had fun often?
>>
>>24955791

If you're going to do drugs I highly recommend you don't do stimulants.

Speed can will fuck up your brain and your life in ways you can't even imagine. The fact that they give that stuff to kids so they can "pay attention" and "be productive" is sick.

Plus there's the whole prescription-drugs-are-barely-regulated-the-FDA-is-full-of-shit thing, too.
>>
>>24955791
i promise drugs will only make it much much worse. addiction can bring misery that you can't even imagine. think you're empty now? wait until you're a few down the road with a drug addiction.

drugs kill the pain, and the joy, and the hope, and the mind, and the body, and the soul.
>>
>>24955791
Dissociatives are nice in that they're very psychedelic but you can take them every day. They can take you to lands far further than traditional psychedelics can. Some of them don't fuck you up too bad and you can live your whole life on them while kinda numb and out of it. They can be very addictive though.
>>
>>24954918
Welcome to the real world. Everybody is unhappy. Why do you think people have drug and alcohol problems?
>>
>>24954918
>>24954949

>implying this happened
>>
>>24955574
> spend 50 btc on drugs
> roughly 15k

This is where I called definite bullshit on you
>>
File: living.png (305 KB, 409x370) Image search: [Google]
living.png
305 KB, 409x370
>>24955482
This nigga right here.

The only correct post in this thread.

The only correct post on this board.
>>
rofl modules to process le bitcoins transactions

lol ok senpai tell me when u actually know how bitcoind works
>>
File: 1438725364576.jpg (29 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1438725364576.jpg
29 KB, 334x393
>>24954918
>people actually think shit ITT happened
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.